Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by oxbeard View Post
    Yeah I still love this bench. No power rack yet. Still haven't made an upgrade yet. Weighing my options and though I love the Legend bench may end up going a different route for the rack when I finally decide.

What do you have coming from them
    awaiting their Leg Extension/Curl 3135 & Seated Calf #3119 & Mini Sit-Up #3116. I was interested in their rack too but the dimensions would make it a little too tight unfortunately. I do love the bench you have though-great pics-wish their site would take better/more pictures of their products. after looking at your pics- I'm hoping the driver will at least help me pull in the leg machine into my house.

oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by grumpytude View Post
    awaiting their Leg Extension/Curl 3135 & Seated Calf #3119 & Mini Sit-Up #3116. I was interested in their rack too but the dimensions would make it a little too tight unfortunately. I do love the bench you have though-great pics-wish their site would take better/more pictures of their products. after looking at your pics- I'm hoping the driver will at least help me pull in the leg machine into my house.
    throw some pics up once you get your stuff. Yeah that is me on the rack, I still love it, but really probably overkill for what I need and definitely the size is a factor. Recently relocated my gym and actually have less room than before.
    Workout is no longer optional!!!

Reviews: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124426201

Logs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145622031&p=898183201#post898183201

Rginebaugh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rginebaugh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rginebaugh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rginebaugh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rginebaugh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rginebaugh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rginebaugh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rginebaugh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rginebaugh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rginebaugh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just got this bench myself and was waiting to post my impressions but since you got this party started, I will just mooch off your thread if you don't mind.

I wish mine would have had the extra crate around it because mine was shipped via Fedex and just came in the box. Somehow it got banged around during shipping and the bench punched through the box in a couple of spots and chipped some paint off the wheel housings. Not much and not enough for me to want to send it back and wait six weeks for the repaired one to come so I will fix that myself. I wish I took pics of the actual damage but I didn't and I will be out of town till Friday so if anyone wants some it will have to wait till then. Sorry.

My frame color is grey but the leg pads came with a black frame which I thought was an oversight until I saw yours. I guess the frame for the leg pads come in your choice of colors as long as you chose black. Weird but a minor deal to me. I wish there were more holes for different lengths in that thing because I would like them a little closer. I may drill it out later but it works just fine for now.

I have the body solid cage and was able to bench inside the cage perfectly with this bench. I can go to failure and drop the weight on the safety pins over my neck if I need to and that is one of the main things I was looking for. For incline bench, this does not work at all. Because the wheels stick out back they limit where you can position the bench and for me the bar is too far back in the cage to pick it up. If I straddle the bench over the cage in the back, the bar is too far in front of me so for now I do inclines outside the cage. If I upgrade my cage I will look for one that will work with this bench.

Overall, other that the Fedex monkeys damaging my paint and the cage issues, this bench is better than most of the benches I have used in commercial clubs. Rock solid and will probably outlast me. As far as how much weight it can hold, I dunno. All the weight I own and probably a thousand pounds more.
    Last edited by Rginebaugh; 02-08-2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason: I'm trying to post pics but this netbook is not working with me.

krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    very nice bench. I didn't realize they had a 4-way, I was looking at the 3 way on the rogue website earlier today.

I gotta have my decline!
    Getting swole, one day at a time.

grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Rginebaugh View Post
    I just got this bench myself and was waiting to post my impressions but since you got this party started, I will just mooch off your thread if you don't mind.

I wish mine would have had the extra crate around it because mine was shipped via Fedex and just came in the box. Somehow it got banged around during shipping and the bench punched through the box in a couple of spots and chipped some paint off the wheel housings. Not much and not enough for me to want to send it back and wait six weeks for the repaired one to come so I will fix that myself. I wish I took pics of the actual damage but I didn't and I will be out of town till Friday so if anyone wants some it will have to wait till then. Sorry.

My frame color is grey but the leg pads came with a black frame which I thought was an oversight until I saw yours. I guess the frame for the leg pads come in your choice of colors as long as you chose black. Weird but a minor deal to me. I wish there were more holes for different lengths in that thing because I would like them a little closer. I may drill it out later but it works just fine for now.

I have the body solid cage and was able to bench inside the cage perfectly with this bench. I can go to failure and drop the weight on the safety pins over my neck if I need to and that is one of the main things I was looking for. For incline bench, this does not work at all. Because the wheels stick out back they limit where you can position the bench and for me the bar is too far back in the cage to pick it up. If I straddle the bench over the cage in the back, the bar is too far in front of me so for now I do inclines outside the cage. If I upgrade my cage I will look for one that will work with this bench.

Overall, other that the Fedex monkeys damaging my paint and the cage issues, this bench is better than most of the benches I have used in commercial clubs. Rock solid and will probably outlast me. As far as how much weight it can hold, I dunno. All the weight I own and probably a thousand pounds more.
    sorry to hear about your fedex mishap- I hate when that **** happens- especially something that you've been waiting for so long and is not cheap. Maybe contact legend-not sure what or if they will do anything but at least they should know about it-so they'll pack things up better in the future. I think my delivery is coming by freight because of the multiple items. which body solid rack do you have? so no matter which way you place it in it still won't work? I know with the new commercial line bodysolid bench I had to make a few minor adjustments when doing inclines in the rack- I have to bench opposite of what I was used to -but am still able to bench inside the rack. that's too bad you can't do inclines in the rack- especially since the legend is such a nice bench. I'd like to see some pics when you get a chance

powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For incline bench, this does not work at all. Because the wheels stick out back they limit where you can position the bench and for me the bar is too far back in the cage to pick it up. If I straddle the bench over the cage in the back, the bar is too far in front of me so for now I do inclines outside the cage. If I upgrade my cage I will look for one that will work with this bench.
    The bench and rack seem pretty standard to me so you should be able to do inclines by making a small adjustment. Just turn the bench around to do incline work. Rack the weight on the front uprights inside the rack. Your head is near the front of the rack and your feet are near the back of the rack.

Rginebaugh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rginebaugh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rginebaugh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rginebaugh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rginebaugh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rginebaugh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rginebaugh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rginebaugh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rginebaugh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rginebaugh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sorry to hear about your fedex mishap- I hate when that **** happens- especially something that you've been waiting for so long and is not cheap. Maybe contact legend-not sure what or if they will do anything but at least they should know about it-so they'll pack things up better in the future. I think my delivery is coming by freight because of the multiple items. which body solid rack do you have? so no matter which way you place it in it still won't work? I know with the new commercial line bodysolid bench I had to make a few minor adjustments when doing inclines in the rack- I have to bench opposite of what I was used to -but am still able to bench inside the rack. that's too bad you can't do inclines in the rack- especially since the legend is such a nice bench. I'd like to see some pics when you get a chance
    I have the GPR378 rack from body solid and there are pictures of it on page 12 of the power rack thread. I'll line up the bench in the rack when I get home and show you what I am talking about so you can see what I mean. The bench only has a small gap under the lower part of the frame by the wheeled end and the tube goes up from the ground at an angle so you have to slide it pretty far back to get it to clear the cage frame. Kind of a bummer but, a good excuse to upgrage to the collegiate rack in the near future.

I have the GPR378 rack from body solid and there are pictures of it on page 12 of the power rack thread. I'll line up the bench in the rack when I get home and show you what I am talking about so you can see what I mean. The bench only has a small gap under the lower part of the frame by the wheeled end and the tube goes up from the ground at an angle so you have to slide it pretty far back to get it to clear the cage frame. Kind of a bummer but, a good excuse to upgrage to the collegiate rack in the near future.
    seems that the previous version of what is currently available- but I think the footprint is the same, not sure. I think I know what you mean about not being high enough near the base where the wheels are. I know I eliminated some benches (just in case) that would not fit over the base if it came to that, and it seems I was correct, but as I stated still had to make some minor adjustments. It seems you have alot of room for a large rack if you choose to go that path though, but its a nice power rack nonetheless, look forward to seeing the pics.

Ok let me try and upload the pics here. You can see the box and where the bench poked through and the chipped paint by the wheel housing. Also as you can see in the incline position in the cage the bar is way behind your head, and if you straddle the cage then its too far in front of you. As someone else suggested, I turned the bench around and that felt like it should work. Have to wait for chest day to try that out.

I can't post the images yet, only links.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Rginebaugh; 02-13-2011 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Clicky too quicky

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Also as you can see in the incline position in the cage the bar is way behind your head, and if you straddle the cage then its too far in front of you. As someone else suggested, I turned the bench around and that felt like it should work. Have to wait for chest day to try that out.
    You could also build a plywood platform inside the cage that straddles the rear support and extends behind the cage enough to allow you to do inclines.

thanks for the pics, it does seem your best best would be to reverse the bench , I know I always did incline with my bench facing as you show in the pics- but I now have to place the bench in the opposite direction, but it works. Hopefully this should work for you as well, either way the bench still rocks. Did you mention to legend about the minor damage?

thanks for the pics, it does seem your best best would be to reverse the bench , I know I always did incline with my bench facing as you show in the pics- but I now have to place the bench in the opposite direction, but it works. Hopefully this should work for you as well, either way the bench still rocks. Did you mention to legend about the minor damage?
    I didn't mention the damage to legend. I ordered the bench through ironcompany so they may not even know who I am. The damage is so minor I just plan on picking up a tiny bottle of touch up paint the next time I am in the auto parts store. Any color that is close will be fine. All I really care about is keeping the steel underneath from rusting and keeping the rest of the paint/powdercoat from chipping off at that spot. After using the bench a few times I don't even notice that spot, its just annoying to pay so much for something like that and have it show up in less than perfect condition. The box it came in really should have been reinforced on the bottom or at the very least a little plastic wrapped around the wheel housings. But Fedex should get most of the blame because I know they wouldn't pick up a damaged box from any shipper so that damage had to occur enroute.

I didn't mention the damage to legend. I ordered the bench through ironcompany so they may not even know who I am. The damage is so minor I just plan on picking up a tiny bottle of touch up paint the next time I am in the auto parts store. Any color that is close will be fine. All I really care about is keeping the steel underneath from rusting and keeping the rest of the paint/powdercoat from chipping off at that spot. After using the bench a few times I don't even notice that spot, its just annoying to pay so much for something like that and have it show up in less than perfect condition. The box it came in really should have been reinforced on the bottom or at the very least a little plastic wrapped around the wheel housings. But Fedex should get most of the blame because I know they wouldn't pick up a damaged box from any shipper so that damage had to occur enroute.
    well I've had not so much luck with Iron company in the past-and most likely will not go with them again. If you are purchasing anymore legend equipment- I would contact them directly- you will save money and they are good to deal with. Fedex and UPS...well I think we've all experienced their wrath.

oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000) oxbeard is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm actually surprised they shipped Fedex. Freight was the only option I had and that required the extra pallet/cage which protected the box wonderfully.

As far as incline presses. I move my racking pins to the front uprights and rack and unrack the bar in front of me. works very well which I rarely do bar inclines anyway. prefer dumbbells for that exercise.

Logs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145622031&p=898183201#post898183201

VeganBodyBuilding.com Alchematron's Avatar
    Alchematron is just really nice. (+1000) Alchematron is just really nice. (+1000) Alchematron is just really nice. (+1000) Alchematron is just really nice. (+1000) Alchematron is just really nice. (+1000) Alchematron is just really nice. (+1000) Alchematron is just really nice. (+1000) Alchematron is just really nice. (+1000) Alchematron is just really nice. (+1000) Alchematron is just really nice. (+1000) Alchematron is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have an order pending for a Powertec Utility Bench

Looks like I may have to cancel it after seeing this bench

I would be missing the leg curl/extension capability

What do you think guys, should I cancel the Powertec bench?

PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000) PassinThrough is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Alchematron View Post

Without a doubt if money isn't an issue. Powertec is decent for the money, but Legend is way better IMO.

Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by PassinThrough View Post
    Without a doubt if money isn't an issue. Powertec is decent for the money, but Legend is way better IMO.
    ^This! Leg extensions are crap anyway and this is a much better bench than the Ptec, no comparison.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #26 []---[]

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cancel.

The Legend Bench is full of win.

If you miss the curls that much, get a rotary leg machine and have both.....but if you're willing to spend the jack on the legend.....you'll not regret it. Commercial bench man.....I know I sound like a broken record, but there is a reason for it.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

I have been using just a regular flat powertec bench for a while- its okay but I can't wait until my Legend 4-way comes in. When it does the powertec is gone for sure. I have the powertec multipress and some other legend equipment and there really is no comparison, Like Keetman says- if you can poney up extra cash then its worth as a long-term investment.

VeganBodyBuilding.com Alchematron's Avatar
    Alchematron is just really nice. (+1000) Alchematron is just really nice. (+1000) Alchematron is just really nice. (+1000) Alchematron is just really nice. (+1000) Alchematron is just really nice. (+1000) Alchematron is just really nice. (+1000) Alchematron is just really nice. (+1000) Alchematron is just really nice. (+1000) Alchematron is just really nice. (+1000) Alchematron is just really nice. (+1000) Alchematron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanx for the feedback guys!

I just canceled the Powertec bench and pulled the trigger on the Legend 4 Way

Black frame with black pad to match my black Powertec power rack

Costing me $200 extra to ship to Maui

Should receive sometime in July

I have patience for quality

Will post pix then

DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Will post pix then

Awesome. Congrats dude.

Will post pix then
    You won't regret this decision a bit!!!! Congrats.

Hopefully you will get lucky also. Mine arrived a bit sooner than expected. A very pleasant surprise. Without a doubt though money well spent!!!

yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am thinking of picking up a Legend 3 or 4 way model. I have never used a FID before only a FI. My concern with a FID bench is that in the flat position is it less stable than just a FI bench would be? I would think the mechanics of it causes it to give up some stability since its only the lock mechanism supporting it at that point and not the fixed frame. How about sitting on the top/head rest section when it is in the flat position? Is that possible or not strong enough to support weight? Thanks for the advise.

Originally Posted by yohahn View Post
    I am thinking of picking up a Legend 3 or 4 way model. I have never used a FID before only a FI. My concern with a FID bench is that in the flat position is it less stable than just a FI bench would be? I would think the mechanics of it causes it to give up some stability since its only the lock mechanism supporting it at that point and not the fixed frame. How about sitting on the top/head rest section when it is in the flat position? Is that possible or not strong enough to support weight? Thanks for the advise.
    I own the 4-way and the words "less stable" definitely don't describe this bench. I'm sure the 3-way is the same. All the stuff they make is top quality, including this bench.It's built like a tank- so I wouldn't worry about anything you can throw at it.

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by yohahn View Post
    It really depends on application. I would never put a FID bench in a serious powerlifting gym for bench use, over time stability will most likely be a real issue. In a home setting a good commercial FID bench will more than likely be as stable as any other bench for a long long time, and especially if you never bench more than 400-500lbs.

I don't have any legend benches but I do own one of their machines, and reading the reviews from other people that do have the benches I think it'd be pretty safe to assume that the 4-way bench will work just fine for a home setting.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #30 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #7 []---[]

Home gym pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1192814061&viewfull=1#post1192814061
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1198875921&viewfull=1#post1198875921
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1202033661&viewfull=1#post1202033661

absolutely. Like Darkfact said this probably not reliable over time for competitive powerlifting. But for all but the most extreme home training you will not be disappointed. I have had mine for going on a year now and for the past 4 months it has seen additional use as there have been more people training in my home gym. No loss of stability so far and I have sat on the end of the back rest in the down position and did military dumbbell presses just to see how stable it would be. Had no issues, but since the bench is not really designed for that I don't do it on a regular basis.

Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm getting interested in this bench...

But to be honest with you I'm shocked at how narrow it is. The rear support is 21" wide right? My non-commercial Body Solid bench that is 12+ years old is 5" wider.

Now I know width isn't everything, but just yesterday while doing a DB press, when rotating from the sitting to laying position, I lost control over one DB. Had to drop it to the floor. The other DB of course caused some transient instability in my posture, but managed to not drop that one. I would have been fine yesterday with a more narrow (supported) bench, but it just goes to show you there will be times that balance may not be perfect, with inertia shifting rapidly in the case of what happened yesterday.

I didn't even really notice it until someone here commented about it being more narrow than the Hoist 3165, which also has interested me. And that is 30" wide!

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jack.Bauer View Post

But to be honest with you I'm shocked at how narrow it is. The rear support is 21" wide right? My non-commercial Body Solid bench that is 12+ years old is 5" wider.

Now I know width isn't everything, but just yesterday while doing a DB press, when rotating from the sitting to laying position, I lost control over one DB. Had to drop it to the floor. The other DB of course caused some transient instability in my posture, but managed to not drop that one. I would have been fine yesterday with a more narrow (supported) bench, but it just goes to show you there will be times that balance may not be perfect, with inertia shifting rapidly in the case of what happened yesterday.

I didn't even really notice it until someone here commented about it being more narrow than the Hoist 3165, which also has interested me. And that is 30" wide!
    I built this flat bench and the rear crossmember is 20" and the front one is 8", and it has been very stable, I'm sure anything from Legend would be even better.

Attached Images
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jack.Bauer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    I built this flat bench and the rear crossmember is 20" and the front one is 8", and it has been very stable, I'm sure anything from Legend would be even better.
    VERY nice work.

BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Jack.Bauer View Post

I have the 4-way and I also have an EliteFTS. Previously I've owned a Nautilus commercial, Cybex, and a bunch of home use benches. I'd definitely rank the Legend as #1 when it comes to adjustability but I really don't care for the height, seat height when adjusted for incline, and width of the pad. The EliteFTS is 17 1/2 inches high and has a wider pad. The seat is also preferred because it drops lower instead of raising higher. Being 5'9" I need lower rather than higher.
    My Home Gym:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1070090281&viewfull=1#post1070090281