PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Routine for Strength AND Mass?

It's been more than a year since I started lifting regularily. Engineering is an absolute bitch haha.

Anyway, the last routine that I was supposed to do is below. Assuming I will be starting off fresh, would this be good for a beginner strength and muscle routine? The placement of deadlifts seems a little odd to me so input from you guys would be very much appreciated.

Monday:

-Bench Press: 3x5
    -Barbell Row: 3x8
    -Skull Crushers: 3x8

Wednesday:

-Squats: 3x5
    -Calf Raises: 3x15
    -Deadlift: 1x6, or Stiff Legged Deadlift: 5x5

Friday:

-Pull Ups: 3x Maximum
    -Overhead Press: 3x5
    -Barbell Curls 3x8

freaky91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaky91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaky91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaky91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaky91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaky91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaky91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaky91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaky91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaky91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaky91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    why do you have 2 upper body days and 1 lower?

I dont think that you should be programing your own program just yet. there are plenty of workouts on the main site for you to choose from.
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

-I reserve the right to be a wild man, choose to resist domestication.

-The only obligation i have the right to assume is to do at any time what I think right.

PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by freaky91 View Post
    why do you have 2 upper body days and 1 lower?

I dont think that you should be programing your own program just yet. there are plenty of workouts on the main site for you to choose from.
    I can't find any programs on the main site that are geared for both. Either strength or muscle.

Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    In the initial phases of training strength training and a calorie surplus is all you need. What do you think happens when you take your squats to 400lbs and your bench to 300lbs? Do you think it's just determination that pushes that extra weight or muscle? Just lift heavy and eat and you can figure out the minutae when it becomes necessary.

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by PowerTricks View Post
    I can't find any programs on the main site that are geared for both. Either strength or muscle.
    You are completely wrong. The only one drawing a line between strength and mass is you.
    But in reality the two go hand in hand. Why else do you think there are weight categories in Olympic weightlifting and powerlifting? Because bigger guys are stronger guys, bigger muscles are stronger muscles.
    Either way, gaining mass has very little to do with choosing one routine over another. It is about eating and eating loads, thats where your mass comes from.
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hut*Hut has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    As a beginner there's NO real difference between the two. All the beginner programs are a mix of strength and mass.
    To guys starting out - please understand: when you can deadlift 450lb for 10 reps your back, hamstrings & traps will reflect THAT not which program you used to get there. When you can curl 150 for 10, your biceps will reflect THAT, not which program, rep range or method you used to get there. There is no voodoo independent of poundage progression, just faster and slower ways of getting to your next pit stop.

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Growth Stimulus Training, learn it.
    trainingwithryan.substack.com

Originally Posted by matjusm View Post
    You are completely wrong. The only one drawing a line between strength and mass is you.
    But in reality the two go hand in hand. Why else do you think there are weight categories in Olympic weightlifting and powerlifting? Because bigger guys are stronger guys, bigger muscles are stronger muscles.
    Either way, gaining mass has very little to do with choosing one routine over another. It is about eating and eating loads, thats where your mass comes from.
    Originally Posted by Hut*Hut View Post
    As a beginner there's NO real difference between the two. All the beginner programs are a mix of strength and mass.
    Guys, I didn't mean you can only have one or the other. What I meant was the programs I've seen were geared for either strength, or geared for muscle.

But I'll take your words for it.

Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's been more than a year since I started lifting regularily. Engineering is an absolute bitch haha.

Anyway, the last routine that I was supposed to do is below. Assuming I will be starting off fresh, would this be good for a beginner strength and muscle routine? The placement of deadlifts seems a little odd to me so input from you guys would be very much appreciated.

Monday:

-Bench Press: 3x5
    -Barbell Row: 3x8
    -Skull Crushers: 3x8

Wednesday:

-Squats: 3x5
    -Calf Raises: 3x15
    -Deadlift: 1x6, or Stiff Legged Deadlift: 5x5

Friday:

-Pull Ups: 3x Maximum
    -Overhead Press: 3x5
    -Barbell Curls 3x8
    Hello fellow engineer.

Routine I follow: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843
    Rippetoe's is also good for strength training.

Mass gains will depend on your diet. Eat a large caloric surplus and you'll gain mass.