Thread: New Rack!!

3rd pull will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3rd pull will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3rd pull will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3rd pull will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3rd pull will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3rd pull will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3rd pull will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3rd pull will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3rd pull will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3rd pull will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3rd pull will become famous soon enough. (+50)

New Rack!!

Just thought you guys could appreciate my excitement:

FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000)
    sweet garage gym. how much did the cage run you?

also, i'm trying to figure out how to deadlift in my garage without ****ing up the floor. do you think i could i just buy a slab of wood and deadlift on top of that?

vascularing defination Newbtime's Avatar
    Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fap, fap.

what bars do you have?

skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Slab of wood and some horse stall mat.

Why the double sided half rack and not a cage? And legends are awesome because they have 2 inch hole spacing.

3rd pull will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3rd pull will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3rd pull will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3rd pull will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3rd pull will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3rd pull will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3rd pull will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3rd pull will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3rd pull will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3rd pull will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3rd pull will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The rack was 1150 + 350 shipping. I saved up big time lol.

As for bars I have 2 Malone power bars. I was going to go w/ just two TPBs but they are 28mm and the Malones are 28.5. I prefer the thicker bars cause I think it helps my grip and forearm strength. Whenever I use a 28mm I feel like I can just crush it w/ my bare hands now. A half mm might not seem like much but it makes a difference.

For deadlifting you could just use 2 pieces of plywood stacked on one another, but you might crack the wood. You could do what I did and get a 4x6 mat, cut it in half, and insert a 2x4 piece of plywood in the center (they sell 2x4s precut at Home Depot).

I went for the double sided for versatility. Sometimes I like to superset, and this allows me to have two bars loaded at once. Also, I frequently train w/ someone else so it makes it easier to have one bar loaded for each person w/ different weights. And if I'm alone and dont feel like supersetting, then I just use one side and it works just fine.

FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000) FROGGBUSTER is just really nice. (+1000)
    For deadlifting you could just use 2 pieces of plywood stacked on one another, but you might crack the wood. You could do what I did and get a 4x6 mat, cut it in half, and insert a 2x4 piece of plywood in the center (they sell 2x4s precut at Home Depot).
    do you have a picture of this? i'm having a hard time visualizing what you mean.

Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    *I can't wait till I have the money to get my woman a new rack

Originally Posted by -triumph- View Post
    But seriously, awesome!

Originally Posted by FROGGBUSTER View Post
    sweet garage gym. how much did the cage run you?

also, i'm trying to figure out how to deadlift in my garage without ****ing up the floor. do you think i could i just buy a slab of wood and deadlift on top of that?
    Ok there is a thread somewhere in here where a guy made his own, and it was awesome. He used a combo of wood and rubber, I will try to find for you.

Edit: Found it!!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...t=deadlift+mat

2nd Edit: Once we get this mod I've been dreaming about maybe we can get some kind of sticky going for homemade equipment (found a lot just searching for that mat).
    Last edited by Doollas; 05-01-2010 at 04:46 PM.

Originally Posted by Doollas View Post
    *I can't wait till I have the money to get my woman a new rack

But seriously, awesome!

Ok there is a thread somewhere in here where a guy made his own, and it was awesome. He used a combo of wood and rubber, I will try to find for you.

Edit: Found it!!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...t=deadlift+mat

2nd Edit: Once we get this mod I've been dreaming about maybe we can get some kind of sticky going for homemade equipment (found a lot just searching for that mat).
    Thanks but I thought triumph was talking about something simpler, I don't need a full oly platform.

Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doollas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks but I thought triumph was talking about something simpler, I don't need a full oly platform.
    I think that's almost the same thing as he was talking about. All it takes is 2-3 slabs of plywood, one slab of rubber, 2 saw horses, a circular saw, drill, and some screws and you're golden.

I think that's almost the same thing as he was talking about. All it takes is 2-3 slabs of plywood, one slab of rubber, 2 saw horses, a circular saw, drill, and some screws and you're golden.
    its actually even simplier than that. buy 1 3/4 in sheet of CD plywood. buy 1 3/4 in 2x4 sheet of plywood (they sell this size precut so you dont have to buy a whole 4x8 size and cut it). buy 1 horse stall mat, 4x6, and cut it in half so you have 2 pieces of 4x3.

put the whole sheet of CD plywood on the ground. put the 2x4 sheet (try and get that AC or BC grade cause that is where you will be standing and it will look better) dead center on top of the CD piece under it. then put one 4x3 piece of mat to the left of the 2x4 sheet, and the other piece to the right.

if you look in the video i posted you can see it.

Also on the topic of home equipment. Before I bought this new rack I welded together my own power rack and dip stand as well as chinup station.

Seen here:

http://providence.craigslist.org/spo/1718681581.html

its actually even simplier than that. buy 1 3/4 in sheet of CD plywood. buy 1 3/4 in 2x4 sheet of plywood (they sell this size precut so you dont have to buy a whole 4x8 size and cut it). buy 1 horse stall mat, 4x6, and cut it in half so you have 2 pieces of 4x3.

put the whole sheet of CD plywood on the ground. put the 2x4 sheet (try and get that AC or BC grade cause that is where you will be standing and it will look better) dead center on top of the CD piece under it. then put one 4x3 piece of mat to the left of the 2x4 sheet, and the other piece to the right.

Once I reread your first post, I realized it was simpler. I'm a DIYer so I like to over-complicate and perfect n what not. I'm def going to look into making a thread of DIY stuff for PL and strongmen.

Also on the topic of home equipment. Before I bought this new rack I welded together my own power rack and dip stand as well as chinup station.

Seen here:

http://providence.craigslist.org/spo/1718681581.html
    wow pretty cool

AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Once I reread your first post, I realized it was simpler. I'm a DIYer so I like to over-complicate and perfect n what not. I'm def going to look into making a thread of DIY stuff for PL and strongmen.
    I would read that thread.

I noticed it the first time I watched your vid, but I thought it was a whole platform.

A few more questions:

(1) The CD plywood will be 4x8 right?
    (2) What kind of glue did you use to glue the mats and AC plywood on top of the CD plywood?
    (3) Can we find the horse stall mats at Home Depot as well?

Thanks bro, you've been a big help.
    Last edited by FROGGBUSTER; 05-01-2010 at 06:50 PM.

I noticed it the first time I watched your vid, but I thought it was a whole platform.

A few more questions:

(1) The CD plywood will be 4x8 right?
    (2) What kind of glue did you use to glue the mats and AC plywood on top of the CD plywood?
    (3) Can we find the horse stall mats at Home Depot as well?

Thanks bro, you've been a big help.
    yea 4x8 is standard for all grades of plywood. i didnt use glue i used wood screws for everything. although you can use contact cement. they would have that at home depot. the horse stall mats are not sold at home depot though. if you have a tractor supply store near you, or some other large animal type store they should have them. you can also get them offline. legend fitness, the people who i bought my rack from, sell them as well, but i think you'll pay a lot for shipping.

Originally Posted by AmericanPhysco View Post
    I would read that thread.
    Ideally I would like to go through and make everything (again, I am stealing Torrt's idea but I don't think he has made this thread yet...it seems him and I think alike):

standup chalk bowl
    dead platform
    log
    keg toss barricade (what are those called)
    kegs of different weights
    all that kind of crap

BUT...I don't have the space, time, or money...once I retire and am teaching and smokin dope I will have the time, money, and space...but that is like 20+ years out...in the mean time how about I just compose all the great DIY's?

dgrafton71 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgrafton71 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgrafton71 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgrafton71 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgrafton71 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgrafton71 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgrafton71 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgrafton71 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by 3rd pull View Post

Whered the video go!

Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by dgrafton71 View Post
    Whered the video go!
    My favorite part of the video was when you bumped a thread that is a year and a half old.
    I don't care.

SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I neg thread bumpers
    ***Georgia Crew***