Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by StressMonkey View Post
    Don't sell yourself short. You've made huge progress. Plus you looked so unhealthy in that first pic. Be proud of what you've done.
    This ^ x 2

GJDM , repped !!!

tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by LennardiVooDoo View Post
    Inspiring stuff man
    If someone is inspiring, it's you, buddy!

Originally Posted by Biggar12 View Post
    all this in 10 months is a little hard to believe..going up 50lb then down 10lb in that short of time is a little out there... but either way its unreal whether it was 10 months or 2 years and you obviously changed your life around completely so good job bud
    I totally get what you're saying and take it as a compliment. Furthermore, such a high gain in pounds with not that much fat is probably unfeasible for anyone who has a normal body to begin with. My former self, however, was not only totally depleted and void of any muscle (or fat for that matter!) but probably aching for at least some sort of weight gain. I reckon first 10-20 pounds I gained would have been gained even if I didn't start working out but just eating more. Lots of glycogen, water, some fat and muscle were to be gained just by food alone. Other than that I really did train like a mother****er and literally stuffed my face to the point of being sick + I was just hitting my 20th birthday and am somewhat of a late bloomer :P, so that may have helped with the gains.

Originally Posted by *STEVE* View Post
    This ^ x 2

GJDM , repped !!!
    Thanks for the rep, you sir have an incredible body (no homo).

AlmostEasy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlmostEasy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your first pic is what I look like now :\

It's awesome to see these pics, your results are my current goals, very motivational. Thanks for posting

Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You look human now, GJ.
    Spike92 is 15.
    ^ place this in your sig to remind the world that Spike92 is indeed 15 and will never be anything other than 15.

When im not hungry I eat. When Im tired I train. When I feel like giving up I push harder.

tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by AlmostEasy View Post
    Your first pic is what I look like now :\

It's awesome to see these pics, your results are my current goals, very motivational. Thanks for posting
    Ah don't beat yourself up, as you can see with dedication and discipline you can get here very fast no matter how bad your current state is or your genetics. I bet it's farly easy to surpass it, too.

Originally Posted by Big Slim DaDDy View Post
    You look human now, GJ.
    Hehehe, I literally laughed out loud. Thanks!

AlmostEasy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlmostEasy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tagun View Post
    Ah don't beat yourself up, as you can see with dedication and discipline you can get here very fast no matter how bad your current state is or your genetics. I bet it's farly easy to surpass it, too.
    (: Thanks. Well I started 3 weeks ago. I've being trying hard not to be lazy and I've been good so far, gone 3 times a week to the gym every week :P It's just my diet now I have to focus on, I went on that Fitday.com site and I need to eat 3 times more >.>

samtkay will become famous soon enough. (+50) samtkay will become famous soon enough. (+50) samtkay will become famous soon enough. (+50) samtkay will become famous soon enough. (+50) samtkay will become famous soon enough. (+50) samtkay will become famous soon enough. (+50) samtkay will become famous soon enough. (+50) samtkay will become famous soon enough. (+50) samtkay will become famous soon enough. (+50) samtkay will become famous soon enough. (+50) samtkay will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great work man! I know how it feels to be annorexic.. feelsbadman. I was always pretty much a fat kid my whole life was like 180 lb at 16 before i lost weight. It's kinda easy to get obsessed and go overboard, i was like 117lb at one point before i decided to bulk up. (Don't mean to steal thread just know how it feels) Awesome job on the progress! looking heaps better (no homo) Hopefully i'll be 165 in a year or so. Gjdm.

Originally Posted by AlmostEasy View Post
    (: Thanks. Well I started 3 weeks ago. I've being trying hard not to be lazy and I've been good so far, gone 3 times a week to the gym every week :P It's just my diet now I have to focus on, I went on that Fitday.com site and I need to eat 3 times more >.>
    If your training is down then the only thing lacking is food. LOTS of food. Do yourself a favor and log that ****, results are sure to follow!

Originally Posted by samtkay View Post
    Great work man! I know how it feels to be annorexic.. feelsbadman. I was always pretty much a fat kid my whole life was like 180 lb at 16 before i lost weight. It's kinda easy to get obsessed and go overboard, i was like 117lb at one point before i decided to bulk up. (Don't mean to steal thread just know how it feels) Awesome job on the progress! looking heaps better (no homo) Hopefully i'll be 165 in a year or so. Gjdm.
    Thanks for your input. Yeah prolly the only thing worse than being anorexic is being fat and THEN anorexic. Puts your body and mind under such tremendous stress and you've got to rebuild everything. :S Just keep progressing and eating enough, you'll gain LBM in no time.

samtkay will become famous soon enough. (+50) samtkay will become famous soon enough. (+50) samtkay will become famous soon enough. (+50) samtkay will become famous soon enough. (+50) samtkay will become famous soon enough. (+50) samtkay will become famous soon enough. (+50) samtkay will become famous soon enough. (+50) samtkay will become famous soon enough. (+50) samtkay will become famous soon enough. (+50) samtkay will become famous soon enough. (+50) samtkay will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeh cheers man, i'm slowly getting there now. Keep up the good work.

jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Im recovering from an ED myself and this is very inspirational. Great job man! Keep it up

Siren_of_Titan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very nice, you look so healthy and fit. Congratulations on overcoming your ED, your inner strength really shows, nicely done. Very motivational. What resources did you use to get your diet on track?

whiteboinoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whiteboinoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whiteboinoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whiteboinoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whiteboinoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whiteboinoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whiteboinoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whiteboinoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whiteboinoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whiteboinoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whiteboinoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    very nice job! great transformation, I'm sort of on the same route as you.

Was your bulk a clean bulk, or did you just do the see it eat it diet? keep up the hard work meng

Originally Posted by jgreenhaus View Post
    Im recovering from an ED myself and this is very inspirational. Great job man! Keep it up
    Good luck with your recovery and thanks for the compliment!

Originally Posted by Siren_of_Titan View Post
    Very nice, you look so healthy and fit. Congratulations on overcoming your ED, your inner strength really shows, nicely done. Very motivational. What resources did you use to get your diet on track?
    Thanks for your kind words; I basically learn everything from reading stuff on the forums but with one exception many people can't seem to grasp. I didn't believe everything people say and was really cautious and selective in general. I just exercised common logic and took advice from people that seemed to know stuff. Other than that my greatest step forward was just getting down more calories; I ate very healthy a priori.

Originally Posted by whiteboinoob View Post
    very nice job! great transformation, I'm sort of on the same route as you.

Thank you and good luck with your plans!

Was your bulk a clean bulk, or did you just do the see it eat it diet? keep up the hard work meng
    It was a clean bulk in the sense that I logged pretty much everything all the time and sticked to my macronutrient goals. I also ate a ****load of veggies everyday and always relied on staples like potatoes (my one and only source for potassium, bananas don't come close!), oatmeal, chicken breast, salmon/tuna/sardines, whey, peanut butter, flaxseed and olive oil and that's basically it. I like cooking and I like filling foods so I don't really care much for junk, sweets etc. That's not to say, however, that there's anything wrong with those foods. As long as you stick to your caloric/macro goals, get plenty of micronutrients and EFAs you can eat anything you like. I just think moderation, variety and common sense are more healthy in general.

And obviously from time to time I went out with my friends/family and at such occasions I never stressed about calories, especially because I never saw major fat gains; I even stopped gaining at 4000 calories/day at the end of my bulk.

sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sureshk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    amazing life change OP, huge congrats to beating the disease and getting healthy.

Originally Posted by sureshk View Post
    amazing life change OP, huge congrats to beating the disease and getting healthy.
    Cheers, feels good!

Well I'm into the 5th week of my new bulking diet and things have been great. Although I'm disappointed I didn't gain any extra weight starting a new cycle of creatine monohydrate and about the fact that I didn't really see any extra strength gains (as I usually do) from it, but that's okay - I've been eating real good and pounding it hard.

Back is getting thick and wider, really really pleased about that. I can clearly remember less than 4 months ago how hard a set of 6-8 bodyweight pull-ups seemed to be. Now I'm doing about 8 reps @ BW+25pounds and it feels like nothing.

I've made some minor improvements in my chest and biceps in this short period of time so that's awesome too!

OH and FYI I'm currently shoveling down close to 3.5k kcal (don't want to go too overboard with it) and the first two weeks after the initial 1 pound water gain (due to 200grams+ carbs) and some glycogen my weight gain has stalled a bit. Then I've upped then calories again and am currently sitting at 3 pounds over my mini-cut weight. So yeah, going slow with the gain (keeping it lean) and gaining approximately 0.5-0.75 pound per week.
    Last edited by tagun; 05-30-2010 at 11:47 AM.

And a sample of my diet, just for ****s n giggles.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Torte!

But seriously, the stuff was delicious!

dcarson90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarson90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarson90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarson90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarson90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarson90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarson90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarson90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarson90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarson90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarson90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow, great job. This is exactly what I'm looking to do starting Monday.... I myself am 5'11 125lbs and look almost identical to what you did. Planning a 3 day split with a minimum of 3,000 calories, been trying to get dedicated over the months but have had to take some time off due to injuries and personal issues. I think I've finally got it on track, so hopefully I can accomplish exactly what you did within the same time frame or even less.

Did you gain any weight in the face, by any chance? That's one thing I'm really hoping for.
    Road from 120 to 160 REFURBISHED (pics)

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122351921

Originally Posted by dcarson90 View Post
    Wow, great job. This is exactly what I'm looking to do starting Monday.... I myself am 5'11 125lbs and look almost identical to what you did. Planning a 3 day split with a minimum of 3,000 calories, been trying to get dedicated over the months but have had to take some time off due to injuries and personal issues. I think I've finally got it on track, so hopefully I can accomplish exactly what you did within the same time frame or even less.

Did you gain any weight in the face, by any chance? That's one thing I'm really hoping for.
    To tell you the truth, not really. But that's okay with me because I don't like puffy face and love that even though I packed almost 50 pounds on me not an ounce of fat went to my face/chin/neck. But obviously I filled out my sunken anorexic cheeks to the point of looking like a normal person.

dcarson90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarson90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarson90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarson90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarson90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarson90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarson90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarson90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarson90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarson90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarson90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ah, haha, well that's what I'm hoping for! To fill out my cheeks so my face doesn't look so small, is really what I was going for.

bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    no lie but in the first pic i got grossed out you were way to skinny..

but greaaaaatt progress seriously man ..

Originally Posted by bb4arson View Post
    no lie but in the first pic i got grossed out you were way to skinny..

but greaaaaatt progress seriously man ..
    Who could blame ya! I was skinny as **** and to tell you the truth I'm not so freaked out about my physical appearance as I'm about the fact that I had trouble getting out of bed and getting seriously winded just walking to the bus station! Damn my hard was beating so hard and I was huffing and puffing like there's no tomorrow. Not to mention the fact that I was having trouble doing BW squats, lol! Now I'm repping 205x10 as a WARMUP.

What does your routine look like? I made this for myself, hoping a 3 day split will suffice.

Monday

3x6-8 Deadlift
    3x6-8 Bent Over Row
    3x6-8 Pull Ups
    3x6-8 Barbell Curl
    3x10 Shrugs

Wednesday

3x6-8 Bench Press
    3x6-8 Incline DB Bench
    3x6-8 Dips
    3x10 Skull Crusher

Friday

3x6-8 Hack Squat
    3x6-8 Leg Press
    3x6-8 Stiff Legged Deadlift
    3x10 Calf Press
    3x6-8 Shoulder Press
    3x6-8 DB Raise

PodRacerSi is on a distinguished road. (+10) PodRacerSi is on a distinguished road. (+10) PodRacerSi is on a distinguished road. (+10) PodRacerSi is on a distinguished road. (+10) PodRacerSi is on a distinguished road. (+10) PodRacerSi is on a distinguished road. (+10) PodRacerSi is on a distinguished road. (+10) PodRacerSi is on a distinguished road. (+10) PodRacerSi is on a distinguished road. (+10) PodRacerSi is on a distinguished road. (+10) PodRacerSi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Keep up what your doing man. Your inspiring a lot of people. Really good progress.

What does your routine look like? I made this for myself, hoping a 3 day split will suffice.

Monday

3x6-8 Deadlift
    3x6-8 Bent Over Row
    3x6-8 Pull Ups
    3x6-8 Barbell Curl
    3x10 Shrugs

Wednesday

3x6-8 Bench Press
    3x6-8 Incline DB Bench
    3x6-8 Dips
    3x10 Skull Crusher

Friday

3x6-8 Hack Squat
    3x6-8 Leg Press
    3x6-8 Stiff Legged Deadlift
    3x10 Calf Press
    3x6-8 Shoulder Press
    3x6-8 DB Raise
    Great you've got everything you need there, just make sure to hit it really hard. Oh and you might want to add regular back or front squats in there and take out leg press, as I find it to be way more beneficial. Back squats followed by really heavy (short stride) dumbbell lunges and a few sets of hack squats after that trashes my glutes and quads for up to 4 days. But what works for me might not work for you. So you're good to go, just adjust if anything isn't working out as it should be.

Originally Posted by PodRacerSi View Post
    Keep up what your doing man. Your inspiring a lot of people. Really good progress.
    So glad to hear that, will do!

Yeah, I wish I could squat regularly. Unfortunately I have to go to my old apartment complexes gym to workout, and I only have access to an e-z curl bar, DB's and smith machine so I don't have a free barbell to work with :/

Yeah, I wish I could squat regularly. Unfortunately I have to go to my old apartment complexes gym to workout, and I only have access to an e-z curl bar, DB's and smith machine so I don't have a free barbell to work with :/
    Blah then it's okay. You can get good quads without back squat anyway; the thing back squats hit the most is actually my gluteus, so don't sweat it.

I was actually thinking about going ahead and adding lunges in there somewhere as well, I don't feel like I'm raelly getting what I actually need out of my leg day with just leg press and hack squats, and SLDL's, which I was actually going to consider switching to DB swings because I can't stand SLDL's for some reason, something about the position and form. Although I love deadlifting....

I was actually thinking about going ahead and adding lunges in there somewhere as well, I don't feel like I'm raelly getting what I actually need out of my leg day with just leg press and hack squats, and SLDL's, which I was actually going to consider switching to DB swings because I can't stand SLDL's for some reason, something about the position and form. Although I love deadlifting....
    Long stride DB lunges (as ****ing heavy as you can and more) for glutes/hammies and short stride for amazing quad burn all the way!

I actually go so heavy that I have to use straps and by the 2nd set I'm almost puking my guts out. By the last (4th) set I'm nailed to the ground and have to wait a few minutes to pick them dumbbells up and re-rack them. It's a ****ing HIIT cardio workout!