Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Former 125 pound anorexic bulks to 175, cuts to 165. My ~10 month journey.

Skinny kid all my life. ALWAYS the skinniest of the bunch, probably because I was always having so much things to do and I never really liked/though about food or should I say I never enjoyed eating bigger amounts of food. I was always doing something, playing, going out with friends, studying, etc. and food really didn't cross my mind too often. The result was ~125 pounds at 5'10 and being 19 years old. A year before I started training food was becoming a center of my attention for no reason. First time in my life I was starting to think about food and it's effect. Sadly I was looking at it from the wrong point of view and ended up doing this crazy semi-vegan diet not because I was trying to lose weight (mind you, I was already 125 pounds, I didn't have an ounce to lose!) but just wanted to be healthy. Ate only veggies, fruits, cottage cheese and some oats for a year; no meats, no other dairy, no sweets, no junk, not even potatoes, pasta and rice... Don't ask why.

Anyway I became really sick. As I said I didn't have any weight to lose as I was the skinniest person already, but after this diet I became really tired, had no energy and was getting winded just going up to the bus station and getting out of bed. It was really frightening, I was having a hard time doing few bodyweight squats or getting up a flight of stairs...

Then in the end of July 2009 I have had it. I joined a gym with little knowledge and no set diet, but it was a start. Throughout the summer, up until October 2009 I got my diet in order and started training like I should. I was really dedicated, not missing a single session and eating big. So here I am now, 8 months later sitting at 165 pounds. It went something like this 125-175-165. From March 1st to April 24th I did a mini-cut just to see how I respond to dieting and to tell you the truth I was sick of bulking. In summer I started eating at 3000 calories a day and was gaining slowly. At the end of February 2010 (height of my bulk) I was having to chug down ~4000 calories and it really became a pain in the ass.

Beginning, ~125 pounds:

Begining of my mini-cut ~175 pounds:

End of mini-cut, ~165 pounds:

Sorry for the lack of quality, these were taken with a cell phone and sorry about the lack of separation in my quads; this was taken after an intense cardio session and a heavy quad workout + I wasn't flexing my quads. There's a flex picture in my bodyspace but it was also taken after a leg workout + it's blurry so there's no real separation. I can assure you, tho, my quads are quite separated right now.

You can see some other pictures in my bodyspace/progress page.

In my journey like I said I was consuming 3000 calories at first, working my way up to 4000, getting in 200 grams of protein and the rest from carbs and fats. The usual carb/fat split was something in the 4:1 ratio CHO/F, if I was getting too bloated I raised my fats but that was about it. On my mini-cut I was eating 100% clean because I really like clean foods + they're filling so very cut friendly, though on my bulk I had some sweets and junk only because I couldn't stomach more fibrous/filling foods. Training-wise I train 5 days a week for about an hour (not including warm-up cardio/abs) focusing on compound movements like squats, bench press, stiff-leg deadlift, DB lugnes, barbell hacksquats, barbell rows, pull-ups, chin-ups, dips, military presses, lat pulldowns, seated cable rows etc. and barbell/DB curls, V-pulldowns, skullcrushers, incline DB curls, hammer curls, overhead DB extensions, side/rear/front raises etc. for my arms/shoulders. I do abs 2x a week (mostly weighted work like machine crunches, decline sit-ups + some leg raises, oblique twists etc.).

I know my gains aren't that impressive and most folks would probably do better if not much better. HOWEVER my plan never really was to get buff, only a bit stronger and to a healthier weight. I surpassed my initial goals as I found bodybuilding entertaining and I love it so much now that I'm going to be bulking hard from here on out and try to make some respectable gains. :] I'm pretty pleased with how thing are right now especially my legs as they weren't even chicken legs last year! :[ + considering how horrible everything was less than 10 months ago and how every relative/friend I haven't seen for the past year is amazed at my transformation. :P

litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) litle_dan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    damn brah gjdm. 165 looks good. i have been skinny along time aswell and now slowly but changing that took you 10 months, nice. this is motivating

Girlicious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Girlicious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Girlicious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Girlicious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Girlicious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Girlicious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Girlicious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Girlicious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Girlicious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Girlicious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Girlicious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Impressive, congrats.

tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tagun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by litle_dan View Post
    damn brah gjdm. 165 looks good. i have been skinny along time aswell and now slowly but changing that took you 10 months, nice. this is motivating
    Wow, never though I'd hear I'M motivational. Thanks for the compliment, brah and don't worry about a thing, you'll get there in no time... Just gotta eat big!

Impressive, congrats.
    Thanks!

BlakRandy is just really nice. (+1000) BlakRandy is just really nice. (+1000) BlakRandy is just really nice. (+1000) BlakRandy is just really nice. (+1000) BlakRandy is just really nice. (+1000) BlakRandy is just really nice. (+1000) BlakRandy is just really nice. (+1000) BlakRandy is just really nice. (+1000) BlakRandy is just really nice. (+1000) BlakRandy is just really nice. (+1000) BlakRandy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wow. Amazing stuff man.

pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50) pumplikeeecummings will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You should be proud. Great job.

p81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) p81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) p81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) p81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) p81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) p81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) p81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) p81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) p81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) p81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) p81 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    from your starting point you've done great work! you shouldnt be so hard on yourself

In Trance We Trust killerobotninja's Avatar
    killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Congrats on your great progress. Keep going!

Manafest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Manafest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Manafest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Manafest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Manafest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Manafest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Manafest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Manafest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Manafest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Manafest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Manafest will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    HOLY ****

i wish i had half the dedication you have bro... Amazing job. Be proud son.

HelloBiceps is a complete loser! (-2000) HelloBiceps is a complete loser! (-2000) HelloBiceps is a complete loser! (-2000) HelloBiceps is a complete loser! (-2000) HelloBiceps is a complete loser! (-2000) HelloBiceps is a complete loser! (-2000) HelloBiceps is a complete loser! (-2000) HelloBiceps is a complete loser! (-2000) HelloBiceps is a complete loser! (-2000) HelloBiceps is a complete loser! (-2000) HelloBiceps is a complete loser! (-2000)
    You look healthy now bro. Congrats.

PodRacerSi is on a distinguished road. (+10) PodRacerSi is on a distinguished road. (+10) PodRacerSi is on a distinguished road. (+10) PodRacerSi is on a distinguished road. (+10) PodRacerSi is on a distinguished road. (+10) PodRacerSi is on a distinguished road. (+10) PodRacerSi is on a distinguished road. (+10) PodRacerSi is on a distinguished road. (+10) PodRacerSi is on a distinguished road. (+10) PodRacerSi is on a distinguished road. (+10) PodRacerSi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thats awesome progress man! Congrats.

Plebbi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Plebbi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Plebbi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Plebbi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Plebbi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Plebbi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Plebbi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Plebbi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Plebbi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Plebbi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Plebbi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Batnandi mnnum er best a lifa... <-- Icelandic phrasing which means in english that men who make positive progress do better in life.

This is astonishing, the progress you have made in your life is inspiring. The first photo of you, you look so sick that it could have ended badly for you, but how you look now is just amazing results Keep up the good work.
    170(77) [++++++++++++++0] 206(93,4)

1.07.11 [ ]
    1.08.11 [ ]
    1.09.11 [ ]
    1.10.11 [ ]
    1.11.11 [ ]
    1.12.11 [ ]

***Max***
    Bench: 220lbs
    Deadlift: 363lbs
    Squat: 220lbs

Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000) Donnie_Darko is just really nice. (+1000)
    One of the best transformations i have seen in awhile....
    You should be proud man.

Dan62 is just really nice. (+1000) Dan62 is just really nice. (+1000) Dan62 is just really nice. (+1000) Dan62 is just really nice. (+1000) Dan62 is just really nice. (+1000) Dan62 is just really nice. (+1000) Dan62 is just really nice. (+1000) Dan62 is just really nice. (+1000) Dan62 is just really nice. (+1000) Dan62 is just really nice. (+1000) Dan62 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Very impressive. Repped

atasel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atasel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atasel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    impressive, stay healthy and stay strong now!

WOW! I'm very, very thankful to everyone's comments, amazing comments! All this just fired me up even more, I'll most definitely be making the most of my next bulk and hope for much more gains...

Thank you! Repping all of you, recharging tho!

*Fr8 TrAiN* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) *Fr8 TrAiN* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) *Fr8 TrAiN* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) *Fr8 TrAiN* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) *Fr8 TrAiN* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) *Fr8 TrAiN* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) *Fr8 TrAiN* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) *Fr8 TrAiN* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) *Fr8 TrAiN* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) *Fr8 TrAiN* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) *Fr8 TrAiN* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    wow that is great work, you totaly changed your appearance and your life.

mworrel1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mworrel1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mworrel1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mworrel1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mworrel1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mworrel1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mworrel1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mworrel1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mworrel1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mworrel1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mworrel1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Congrats bro! over came an ED! That's really impressive. great job!

xuerebx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xuerebx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xuerebx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xuerebx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xuerebx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xuerebx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xuerebx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xuerebx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xuerebx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xuerebx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xuerebx has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Congratulations man, you look much much healthier now. Very impressive dedication. Repped.
    "Pain is temporary. It my last for a minute, an hour, or a day. Or even a year. But eventually - it will subside, and something else will take its place. If I quit however, it will last forever."

"But it ain't about how hard you can hit - it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

"Get up, and don't ever give up".

chrisnic0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wow speachless

bomjumaku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bomjumaku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bomjumaku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bomjumaku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bomjumaku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bomjumaku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bomjumaku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bomjumaku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bomjumaku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bomjumaku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bomjumaku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great job man, I know how hard it can be for some people to gain weight. Keep up the good work!

Very grateful for the responses...

Repping continues as soon as I recharge!

SpartanKid is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpartanKid is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpartanKid is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpartanKid is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpartanKid is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpartanKid is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpartanKid is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpartanKid is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpartanKid is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpartanKid is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpartanKid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Awesome! I hope to look like you one day!
    "I need to get buff so I can get my tricycle back!"
    - Stewie Griffin

HondaxPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) HondaxPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) HondaxPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) HondaxPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) HondaxPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) HondaxPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) HondaxPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) HondaxPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) HondaxPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) HondaxPower is on a distinguished road. (+10) HondaxPower is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    saw your first pic and was a little disgusted, then your second pic, you actually made me say HOLY F**K! god damn bro looking good! deff a motivational transformation

Big B Bro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big B Bro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big B Bro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big B Bro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big B Bro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big B Bro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big B Bro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big B Bro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big B Bro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big B Bro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big B Bro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great job buddy, keep on working hard.
    Natural Bodybuilder.
    Goal; 200lbs contest weight +

Originally Posted by SpartanKid View Post
    Awesome! I hope to look like you one day!
    Oh don't even sweat it! You'll look like that AND better in no time.

Originally Posted by HondaxPower View Post
    saw your first pic and was a little disgusted, then your second pic, you actually made me say HOLY F**K! god damn bro looking good! deff a motivational transformation
    Great to hear that, love to wow people.

Originally Posted by BigBKillingIt View Post
    Great job buddy, keep on working hard.
    Thank you, will definitely push it to and beyond my limits!

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tagun View Post
    I know my gains aren't that impressive and most folks would probably do better if not much better. HOWEVER my plan never really was to get buff, only a bit stronger and to a healthier weight.
    Don't sell yourself short. You've made huge progress. Plus you looked so unhealthy in that first pic. Be proud of what you've done.
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

Originally Posted by StressMonkey View Post
    Don't sell yourself short. You've made huge progress. Plus you looked so unhealthy in that first pic. Be proud of what you've done.
    Glad you said that. Yeah, I guess you're right. Considering how things really were ****ed up and how genetics definitely aren't my thang I did pretty well.

I am proud and I will be even more in the years that follow!

LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Inspiring stuff man

Biggar12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Biggar12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Biggar12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Biggar12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Biggar12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Biggar12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Biggar12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Biggar12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Biggar12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Biggar12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Biggar12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    all this in 10 months is a little hard to believe..going up 50lb then down 10lb in that short of time is a little out there... but either way its unreal whether it was 10 months or 2 years and you obviously changed your life around completely so good job bud