pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

shoulder tendon please help

i know there is a bunch of threads on shoulder injury but mine is a little differnt and i wonder if anyone can help.

last summer maybe july i hurt my shoulder benching. no serious pain but i knew something got hurt. i rested for a few minutes and decided it wasnt that bad and did maybe 2 more sets and left. still felt ok i thought it would be ok in a few days. the next day i woke up it was realy sore and felt like it was being pinched.

i took a week off and it didnt get any better so i went to the doc, he said it was the tendon and i need 4-6 weeks off. i took 5 weeks off and nothing was differnt so i was pissed and said **** it ill go in the gym and do high rep. despite it not being heald i managed to workout with little pain as long as i used db. when i tried barbell it killed. i did this for 2 weeks hoping it would get beter but it didnt.

i then found that shoulder exercise with the broom stick and tried it, after a few sets it felt almost fully relieved. i took 3 days off and just did 3 for the 3 days and i would say it felt about 90% healed at that point. i went in the gym and started using that as my warmup for every upperbody day.

since then ive been doing that and never had any problems. ocasinaly it will get a little agravated after a day of heavy lifting or sleeping on it wrong.

i didnt workout all last week and woke up yesterday ready to lift and noticed it botherd me a bit i must have slept on it wrong. i went to the gym and didnt go heavy at all. but i decided before i left i wanted to do some dips. later in the day it started to tighten up again. today its a little better but its still a little agravated again. does anyone know waht to do at this point i mean i feel like its always gunna be litke this?
    Coaching/Contest Prep Services:
    www.GetJakked.com

bmalone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile hi pete

Originally Posted by pete89 View Post
    i know there is a bunch of threads on shoulder injury but mine is a little differnt and i wonder if anyone can help.

last summer maybe july i hurt my shoulder benching. no serious pain but i knew something got hurt. i rested for a few minutes and decided it wasnt that bad and did maybe 2 more sets and left. still felt ok i thought it would be ok in a few days. the next day i woke up it was realy sore and felt like it was being pinched.

i took a week off and it didnt get any better so i went to the doc, he said it was the tendon and i need 4-6 weeks off. i took 5 weeks off and nothing was differnt so i was pissed and said **** it ill go in the gym and do high rep. despite it not being heald i managed to workout with little pain as long as i used db. when i tried barbell it killed. i did this for 2 weeks hoping it would get beter but it didnt.

i then found that shoulder exercise with the broom stick and tried it, after a few sets it felt almost fully relieved. i took 3 days off and just did 3 for the 3 days and i would say it felt about 90% healed at that point. i went in the gym and started using that as my warmup for every upperbody day.

since then ive been doing that and never had any problems. ocasinaly it will get a little agravated after a day of heavy lifting or sleeping on it wrong.

i didnt workout all last week and woke up yesterday ready to lift and noticed it botherd me a bit i must have slept on it wrong. i went to the gym and didnt go heavy at all. but i decided before i left i wanted to do some dips. later in the day it started to tighten up again. today its a little better but its still a little agravated again. does anyone know waht to do at this point i mean i feel like its always gunna be litke this?
    hi man i know this is old ,iv exact same problem ,did you get rid?????

punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Mine is alot like that, too. I've taken over 6 months off from the weights. I can do some things fine, but it can be one tiny movement that aggrivates it the most. I was at about 90% better point, too, but little things every day just add up! I've noticed I've had a lot of tightness in the bicep RC tendon and so I've been doing deep stretches 2 -3x a day alongside physio exercises 5 times a week. It's helped, but I feel my progress may have stalled.
    Very similar to yours. I happened to injure mine last year as well on a DB press.
    Bodybuilding is not weight and repetitions; it’s resistance and absolute muscle failure. It’s not quantitative; it’s qualitative. It’s more mental than physical. It’s more control than rage. It’s the realization that you can always get bigger. ~ bodybuilding

www.egyfitness.com Finnegan Bell's Avatar
    Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah man. Its difficult not to sleep on your delts. It happens to me often so I sleep on the healthy shoulder instead :~D
    Last edited by Finnegan Bell; 05-02-2010 at 01:53 PM.