kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Sprint Triathalons

Does anyone here do triathalons? I am thinking of signing up for one that takes place in August. It is short so I figure basic stubborness will get me to the end.

I know that much cardio is counterproductive to bodybuilding but it just seems like it would be cool to do.
    The mind leads the body...get your head right and the body will follow

ACE CPT
    NFPT CPT
    NCSF CPT

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kneedragger85 View Post
    Does anyone here do triathalons? I am thinking of signing up for one that takes place in August. It is short so I figure basic stubborness will get me to the end.

I know that much cardio is counterproductive to bodybuilding but it just seems like it would be cool to do.
    What do you mean by "It is short"? I lift and I run...but I know damn well I am in no shape to complete a triathlon. I have great respect for those able to do it. It is grueling!
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sprint distance (750 m swim, 20 km bike, 5 km run) Basically 1/2 mile swim, 10 mile bike, 2 mile run.

By traithalon standards it is short. Only thing that concerns me is the run...I just am not much of a runner. I think this is why I want to do it.

ACE CPT
    NFPT CPT
    NCSF CPT

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sprint distance (750 m swim, 20 km bike, 5 km run) Basically 1/2 mile swim, 10 mile bike, 2 mile run.

By traithalon standards it is short. Only thing that concerns me is the run...I just am not much of a runner. I think this is why I want to do it.
    Ah, I see....I missed the "sprint" part. There are several tiers of triathlons and I was thinking long distance:

Ironman:

The first modern long-distance triathlon event was the Hawaiian Ironman Triathlon. It included a 2.4 mile (3.86 km; 77 lap) swim, a 112 mile (180.2 km) bike ride, and a 26.2 mile (42.195 km) run.

That ^ is some serious $hit! Yeah, I could do the short version. Even if you're not a runner....you can handle 3.1 miles, even if you have to walk part of it! As long as you get past the swimming, you should be good.
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

ironman stuff is incredible. I have nothing but respect for the folks who finish those.

ACE CPT
    NFPT CPT
    NCSF CPT

ironman stuff is incredible. I have nothing but respect for the folks who finish those.
    No kiddin'. I could only dream of pulling off completing just two portions of an Ironman. But it is because of that kind of drive that I run, as well as lift. Most people cannot even comprehend what it means to be able to complete something like the Ironman. I honestly never gave it the respect it was due, until I started running. It gives the term "athletic conditioning" a meaning on a completely different level than what gets bantered around on here most of the time.

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I've toyed with the idea doing one, I would probably get addicted. The wellness program at my work has a training program that culminates with competing in a "triad" which is is a mini triathlon.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000)
    the longer the distance the more cardio you need to do... they are addicting though.

I can answer a fair amount of questions (I have many tris under my belt all the way up to Iron distance)
    IM Tri Crew - Misc Photog Crew - ♞ Misc Dominant Crew ♞ - Bicycle Brah Crew - Misc Running Crew - Alpine Ski Crew

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I did several 5-6 years ago. They are fun and they are fun to train for. Make sure your cardio is good (even for the shorter ones) and most important, pace yourself. 1st time out I kicked butt in swimming and then paid the price in biking and running.

Also do bricks (bike then run, swim then bike)

Good luck