Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Registered User Destroyerofpusy's Avatar
    Destroyerofpusy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Destroyerofpusy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Destroyerofpusy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Destroyerofpusy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Destroyerofpusy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Destroyerofpusy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Destroyerofpusy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Destroyerofpusy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Destroyerofpusy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Destroyerofpusy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Destroyerofpusy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

How do you train/deal with gay clients?

I don't have my certificate yet. I am just finishing my masters and as soon as I'm done with it I will be getting my certificate.

Anyway, I had this guy (met at a job training day) that was interested in training with me once I finished my masters. He's like 40+ years old and I didn't think much of it when I was talking to him. I gave him my email to keep in touch. He emailed me the weirdest sh*t. Here's a part of what he wrote.

"Here, in the very last place I expect to find a potential guy to help me, there you were. You said you didn't mind the compliments, so let me tell you, with the snug shirt you had on, you could clearly see the thick muscles you've built in your upper body! Especially in your lats and traps. Then, you kept stretching and adjusting, so your triceps and biceps and forearms (from the side) just looked so cool. Here he's talking, and basically staring in awe at your muscles! Sorry, but it's true. So I started looking away, and then you put your wrist up to your forehead to support it, which left your arm bent, which made it look like you were flexing your bicep! It was the coolest shot, which would have made an awesome pic, which you even would have thought was awesome! All that to say, that you have built one of the nicest bodies I've ever seen. So to have the privilege of using it as motivation and to watch you grow to whatever stage you want to, will be an added blast for me! So I would be honored if my donations could include the admission fees to some mini "gun shows" along the way! (I hope I got that terminology right.)"

Also...he paypaled me money for no apparent reason. I already refunded it to him and told him that I will not be training him because I feel he's not in it for the right reasons.

So how often does this happen to you guys with gay clients? Any advice?

I live in LA so I do realize that a big part of my target market will be the gay population. I have nothing against gay people. I'm just wondering if this is going to be a common trend or did I just run into a weirdo.

tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You sound like a total bigoted fool. First of all, this guy didn't even say anything gay, he simply complimented your physique enthusiastically. Sure, he was a bit eccentric but try reading the bodyspace photo comments left by older guys in general... that paragraph you wrote sounds exactly like what they tend to write, and I don't think every one of them is gay (not that it would matter anyway).

You made a baseless assumption and then rejected him as a client because you can't deal with someone being attracted to men. You say you're not against gay people but then turned the guy down because... of what? If a hot woman wrote an email like that to you, I have a hard time believing you would have gotten "weirded out" and rejected her in the same fashion.

With a name like "destroyer-of-pussy" I am not surprised that you would have a hard time dealing with gay people. Good luck with your business, you're going to need it.

Destroyerofpusy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Destroyerofpusy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Destroyerofpusy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Destroyerofpusy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Destroyerofpusy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Destroyerofpusy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Destroyerofpusy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Destroyerofpusy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Destroyerofpusy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Destroyerofpusy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Destroyerofpusy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by tovlakas View Post
    You sound like a total bigoted fool. First of all, this guy didn't even say anything gay, he simply complimented your physique enthusiastically. Sure, he was a bit eccentric but try reading the bodyspace photo comments left by older guys in general... that paragraph you wrote sounds exactly like what they tend to write, and I don't think every one of them is gay (not that it would matter anyway).

You made a baseless assumption and then rejected him as a client because you can't deal with someone being attracted to men. You say you're not against gay people but then turned the guy down because... of what? If a hot woman wrote an email like that to you, I have a hard time believing you would have gotten "weirded out" and rejected her in the same fashion.

With a name like "destroyer-of-pussy" I am not surprised that you would have a hard time dealing with gay people. Good luck with your business, you're going to need it.
    Lol..thanks for the response but YOU are the douche. I never said that was the first email he sent me. You assumed it. After all of the things he said...I concluded that he did not want me to train him because he wanted training but because he wanted to try to make other advances on me.

He's not being "a bit eccentric" when he's freakin mentioning every little movement I made during the one and only time he met me. You might think that I was too harsh but I'd rather that then have to deal with a creepy guy who turns into a serious stalker.

Btw, after I told him...his response was very apologetic and he urged I kept it between us as it was not "work related". If he did nothing wrong then he has nothing to worry about right?

I asked MANY people for their opinion on this...friends, co-workers, and even family. Not one person thought this guys messages and purpose was "normal". They all suggested I be cautious. Who the hell paypal's someone money for no reason? Someone they just met..that they barely know!

jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Destroyerofpusy View Post
    Lol..thanks for the response but YOU are the douche. I never said that was the first email he sent me. You assumed it. After all of the things he said...I concluded that he did not want me to train him because he wanted training but because he wanted to try to make other advances on me.

He's not being "a bit eccentric" when he's freakin mentioning every little movement I made during the one and only time he met me. You might think that I was too harsh but I'd rather that then have to deal with a creepy guy who turns into a serious stalker.

Btw, after I told him...his response was very apologetic and he urged I kept it between us as it was not "work related". If he did nothing wrong then he has nothing to worry about right?
    Uh, all he was doing was making a reply based on the info you gave him.

Dont snap at him for that just becuase he said something you didnt want to hear.

I really don't like the way you have positioned him as gay. what difference does it make? What if it was a female making those comments. You are just positioning gay people as something wrong.

Originally Posted by jules_d1 View Post
    Uh, all he was doing was making a reply based on the info you gave him.

Dont snap at him for that just becuase he said something you didnt want to hear.

I really don't like the way you have positioned him as gay. what difference does it make? What if it was a female making those comments. You are just positioning gay people as something wrong.
    Please see post above. Who paypal's someone money for no apparent reason?

tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by jules_d1 View Post
    My point exactly. The title of this thread is how do people deal with gay clients... as if because a client is gay they automatically are some stalker-like person that needs to be avoided at all costs.

If your problem was with the advances made, and not with the fact that he may or may not be gay, your title would have been, "how do you train/deal with clients that make strong advances at you?" But it wasn't, because your real problem is the fact that he was perhaps gay and seemed to be attracted to you.

Once again, I don't see it being likely you would have freaked out if a young woman had tried to train under you and had sent you these types of emails.

Way to continue to ignore the question, "What if it was a female making those comments?"

I don't see how he was paypaling you money for no reason... you guys had discussed him training with you, he's an older person, maybe he was confused and thought he should be paying in advance? Who knows... who cares. Are you trying to suggest he was propositioning you for sex with that money?

Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Slim DaDDy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Are you guys really that blind? This guy is a pervert that is a creepy fuking email normal people don't talk like that that is some fukin sick fetish $hit. This is the kind of dude that would ask the OP to help him shower his aching muscles after a session.
    Spike92 is 15.
    ^ place this in your sig to remind the world that Spike92 is indeed 15 and will never be anything other than 15.

When im not hungry I eat. When Im tired I train. When I feel like giving up I push harder.

BRB... Eating a chicken askthetrainer's Avatar
    askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Tips are a common practice in many high end gyms when gym members will flip one of the on-staff trainers a $20 or even $100 for helping them out in one way or another. It's a way for someone w/ major bread to show their appreciation. This guy just did it online.
    Contact me about our author Program

www.AskTheTrainer.com | Twitter.com/AskTheTrainer | ********.com/askthetrainercom

BRB... Eating a chicken askthetrainer's Avatar
    askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Big Slim DaDDy View Post
    Are you guys really that blind? This guy is a pervert that is a creepy fuking email normal people don't talk like that that is some fukin sick fetish $hit. This is the kind of dude that would ask the OP to help him shower his aching muscles after a session.
    First of all, this ^^^ could be the case, but it could also not be the case.

I have said it 1,000,000 to the 10th power times, being a personal trainer is all about communicating with your clients.

If the guy is willing to throw money your way w/out training he's obviously got money to burn and could be a long-term client...

When I was training in San Francisco and posting my ads on Craigslist for my training website I would occasionally get the crazy perverted Email or pics of cak n balls but that was just an anonymous email.

This guy met the guy in person so it's his job to let the client know whether he's gay or straight in one way or another to avoid any awkward situations and confusion. Your "destroyer of pusy" persona obviously isn't apparent, maybe you need to man up and change it to "destroyer of labia, vaiginal walls, cervix & uterus" to not seem so gay yourself. All joking aside, just by mentioning your girlfriend during the consultation could remove all chances he thinks you give "extra" services.

In addition to a perverted pervert, the guy could just be an extremely gay, gay guy who expresses all his thoughts which is very common amongst gays. If you can attract these clients train them well and not be such a homophobe be prepared to make big big $$$$ in the training industry.

If you're uncomfortable with them, do what you did and just don't train any of them, but if that's the case you will be missing out on any CA trainer's bread & butter.
    Contact me about our author Program

www.AskTheTrainer.com | Twitter.com/AskTheTrainer | ********.com/askthetrainercom

Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've trained a gay guy and girl. Both normal people didn't really think anything of it...
    A.C.E Certified Personal Trainer
    N.E.S.T.A Fitness Nutrition Coach

HOMER: [holds Lisa's suitcase] Somebody's traveling light.
    LISA: Meh. Maybe you're just getting stronger.
    HOMER: Well, I have been eating more.

Squat:560-Raw 565-wraps
    Bench:365-Raw
    Deadlift:555-Raw
    Front Squat-405x2(Raw) 465x1(Wraps)

Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Who cares if a person's gay or not. It's a business arrangement. Just because he hires you to train you doesn't mean he wants to do anything else. One of my best clients ever to train is gay. He's never mentioned it, by the way, and I've never given a damn what way he swings.

I stopped training him about a year ago because he lost his job (the recession). But, since I was doing must of my own workouts with him (we have identical goals and this was a mutual arrangement), I decided to continue training with him. I guess he's my training partner now. He's become a good friend since, he was even at my wedding, at my wife's suggestion.

With regard to training, he's always on time, always gives me loads of notice if he can't make it (which is seldom) and always does his workouts to the best of his ability.

So, forget about his sexual orientation. If you need a client, then train him.
    ***Irish Misc Crew***

Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.

ISSA CFT, SPN, FT, SSC, SFN
    NSCA CSCS

My point exactly. The title of this thread is how do people deal with gay clients... as if because a client is gay they automatically are some stalker-like person that needs to be avoided at all costs.

If your problem was with the advances made, and not with the fact that he may or may not be gay, your title would have been, "how do you train/deal with clients that make strong advances at you?" But it wasn't, because your real problem is the fact that he was perhaps gay and seemed to be attracted to you.

Once again, I don't see it being likely you would have freaked out if a young woman had tried to train under you and had sent you these types of emails.

Way to continue to ignore the question, "What if it was a female making those comments?"

I don't see how he was paypaling you money for no reason... you guys had discussed him training with you, he's an older person, maybe he was confused and thought he should be paying in advance? Who knows... who cares. Are you trying to suggest he was propositioning you for sex with that money?
    firstly I agree with you that it was my fault for titling this thread incorrectly. You're right. However, you are being very defensive of this guy and oblivious. He wasn't sending me money because he was "confused". I don't buy that. After he sent the money I replied to him and said you didn't have to blah blah and that I am open to any workout/training questions u may have for me. I said this so I can feel justified in taking the money. His next reply yet again had no questions or had anything to do with working out..just more comments about my body.
    Originally Posted by Big Slim DaDDy View Post
    Thank you! That's the gut feeling I was getting from him. I think he was going to want to pay me to take pictures of me.
    Originally Posted by askthetrainer View Post
    Tips are a common practice in many high end gyms when gym members will flip one of the on-staff trainers a $20 or even $100 for helping them out in one way or another. It's a way for someone w/ major bread to show their appreciation. This guy just did it online.
    REMINDER: I am NOT a certified trainer yet. During conversation I had just mentioned the fact that once I am done with schooling I am going to prepare for my CPt license. I gave him my email address to stay in touch. I got an email from him that very same day!
    Originally Posted by askthetrainer View Post
    First of all, this ^^^ could be the case, but it could also not be the case.

I have said it 1,000,000 to the 10th power times, being a personal trainer is all about communicating with your clients.

If the guy is willing to throw money your way w/out training he's obviously got money to burn and could be a long-term client...

When I was training in San Francisco and posting my ads on Craigslist for my training website I would occasionally get the crazy perverted Email or pics of cak n balls but that was just an anonymous email.

This guy met the guy in person so it's his job to let the client know whether he's gay or straight in one way or another to avoid any awkward situations and confusion. Your "destroyer of pusy" persona obviously isn't apparent, maybe you need to man up and change it to "destroyer of labia, vaiginal walls, cervix & uterus" to not seem so gay yourself. All joking aside, just by mentioning your girlfriend during the consultation could remove all chances he thinks you give "extra" services.

In addition to a perverted pervert, the guy could just be an extremely gay, gay guy who expresses all his thoughts which is very common amongst gays. If you can attract these clients train them well and not be such a homophobe be prepared to make big big $$$$ in the training industry.

If you're uncomfortable with them, do what you did and just don't train any of them, but if that's the case you will be missing out on any CA trainer's bread & butter.
    Originally Posted by Mr.ILL View Post
    I've trained a gay guy and girl. Both normal people didn't really think anything of it...
    I have met other gay guys who were totally cool and respectful. I am definitely going to go after the gay market because afterall this is a business. I guess the whole point of this thread was for tips on how to avoid people that come off creepy and how to set it straight from the get go without sounding paranoid to the client.

Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't have my certificate yet. I am just finishing my masters and as soon as I'm done with it I will be getting my certificate.

Anyway, I had this guy (met at a job training day) that was interested in training with me once I finished my masters. He's like 40+ years old and I didn't think much of it when I was talking to him. I gave him my email to keep in touch. He emailed me the weirdest sh*t. Here's a part of what he wrote.

"Here, in the very last place I expect to find a potential guy to help me, there you were. You said you didn't mind the compliments, so let me tell you, with the snug shirt you had on, you could clearly see the thick muscles you've built in your upper body! Especially in your lats and traps. Then, you kept stretching and adjusting, so your triceps and biceps and forearms (from the side) just looked so cool. Here he's talking, and basically staring in awe at your muscles! Sorry, but it's true. So I started looking away, and then you put your wrist up to your forehead to support it, which left your arm bent, which made it look like you were flexing your bicep! It was the coolest shot, which would have made an awesome pic, which you even would have thought was awesome! All that to say, that you have built one of the nicest bodies I've ever seen. So to have the privilege of using it as motivation and to watch you grow to whatever stage you want to, will be an added blast for me! So I would be honored if my donations could include the admission fees to some mini "gun shows" along the way! (I hope I got that terminology right.)"

Also...he paypaled me money for no apparent reason. I already refunded it to him and told him that I will not be training him because I feel he's not in it for the right reasons.

So how often does this happen to you guys with gay clients? Any advice?

I live in LA so I do realize that a big part of my target market will be the gay population. I have nothing against gay people. I'm just wondering if this is going to be a common trend or did I just run into a weirdo.
    Well, I get complements like this from both girls and guys (gay or not)... and I live in rural NC. Since you are in CA, expect to see it. This is nothing compared to some of the sadistic sick crap some people will write.

Now not so sound offensive but, Man up and be secure in your masculinity. Your original post (like almost everyone else pointed out) did sound a bit bigoted. If someone pays you a complement, gay or not just take it. If you are well defined, you will get complements all the time. As long as they aren't like some creepers that their emails use the actions words such as "suck, fist, or ballgag" don't make a big deal of it. If a client makes actual sexual advances (male or female), thats when to back off and make sure you handle it carefully.

While it did sound a bit off that someone would go ahead and Paypal you before you are a trainer, I had the same thing happen three times before I was even a certified trainer... and I wasn't even advertising. I asked them why they did it and it was not because they though I was a man-whore. Two were securing my training, and one was paying me for all the advice and workout plan I had devised for them (which I had offered for free). I carefully read the email you posted, and didn't come away with anything off...

Either way, to focus on the title of the thread... Treat a homosexual client just like a straight client.
    ~Coach Rick Sterling Tarleton
    USA Weightlifting, USA Track&Field
    CrossFit L-1, ISSA CFT, Pilates
    www.CoachRickSterling.com

JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Lasharm View Post
    Treat a homosexual client just like a straight client.
    ^^^This. If you don't want to train someone, just tell them you're not the trainer for them. /thread
    IFPA/PNBA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    P4P Muscle Sponsored Athlete
    Fitness and Nutrition Programs www.Payhip.com/JulianBrownFitness
    www.JulianBrownTraining.com
    www.********.com/Julianbrownpersonaltraining
    www.dailymotion.com/julian11453
    www.Twitter.com/Jbtraining
    www.askthetrainer.com/author/julianbrown/

Well, I get complements like this from both girls and guys (gay or not)... and I live in rural NC. Since you are in CA, expect to see it. This is nothing compared to some of the sadistic sick crap some people will write.

Now not so sound offensive but, Man up and be secure in your masculinity. Your original post (like almost everyone else pointed out) did sound a bit bigoted. If someone pays you a complement, gay or not just take it. If you are well defined, you will get complements all the time. As long as they aren't like some creepers that their emails use the actions words such as "suck, fist, or ballgag" don't make a big deal of it. If a client makes actual sexual advances (male or female), thats when to back off and make sure you handle it carefully.

While it did sound a bit off that someone would go ahead and Paypal you before you are a trainer, I had the same thing happen three times before I was even a certified trainer... and I wasn't even advertising. I asked them why they did it and it was not because they though I was a man-whore. Two were securing my training, and one was paying me for all the advice and workout plan I had devised for them (which I had offered for free). I carefully read the email you posted, and didn't come away with anything off...

Either way, to focus on the title of the thread... Treat a homosexual client just like a straight client.
    Solid advice bro. Appreciate the input. I WANT to train anyone who is willing to train. I don't care about gender race color etc. Btw, I hadn't given this guy any advice or training tips yet so that was kind of a red flag for me. I just had a feeling that he would try to make an advance down the line so I wanted to save myself the trouble.

momofo is just really nice. (+1000) momofo is just really nice. (+1000) momofo is just really nice. (+1000) momofo is just really nice. (+1000) momofo is just really nice. (+1000) momofo is just really nice. (+1000) momofo is just really nice. (+1000) momofo is just really nice. (+1000) momofo is just really nice. (+1000) momofo is just really nice. (+1000) momofo is just really nice. (+1000)
    How do I train a gay client? The same as I train anyone else.

In this particular case though, I can see why you'd be weirded out and if it made you that uncomfortable then you had every right and reason to send the money back and cut ties. Me however, I would have approached it slightly differently -- I would have emailed him back with an explanation as to how that message sounded and how I felt about it. I then would have ended it with something like "I would be more than happy to help you attain your goals - the money you've sent me will be put as a downpayment towards your first training package. Just realize there will be no 'mini gun shows' or 'donations' accepted throughout the course of our business - if this isn't what you had in mind then kindly inform me and I will refund you your payment and wish you luck. You may contact me at 'x' to set up your initial consultation."
    That way I don't lose out on a potential client, I keep the door open in the event that either he didn't mean how it came across or he is willing to keep this strictly business after learning how I feel about what he wrote, and I set the stage for how the relationship will be conducted in the future.
    And no, most gay people are not like that - you have fruits on all parts of the spectrum.

Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As the resident gay trainer in this forum I'm kind of disappointed in the OP. Seriously, This thread would be like me asking what I should do if one of my female clients complemented me and wanted to get advice. Welcome to the 21st century where we see each other as equals gay, straight, bi, whatever. The other trainers know better than to turn down a client based on orientation unless a line is actually crossed.
    NASM CPT
    ISSA CFT

I do it because I can
    I can because I want to
    I want to because you say I can't

It's becoming obvious that most of you are being super defensive and labeling me without seeing the entire conversation. I'm not going to post it here but I will gladly pm it to those interested. I documented everything in case he turns out to be a stalker.

txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    simple fix bro... and you will find it is very important in every aspect of personal training COMMUNICATION!

the guy likes ur body and wants to train with you, sounds like an average client. i get alot of clients based on my looks and many try to hit on me. but the key to it all is communication my friend!

if a client (male or female) acts in a way you do not see appropriate then explain ur thoughts and move on! KEEP IT PROFESSIONAL! if the client keeps acting in the inappropriate way then cut them loose! but is it very fair (to the client or ur wallet) to cut some one loose if you never explained how you felt about the situation?
    -------------------------------www.Texas-AP.com--------------------------------------
    --------------------- join us on face book: txapn and txapn stefan ---------------------
    --------------------- HOWS THIS GAME GOING TO REMEMBER YOU? ---------------------

It's becoming obvious that most of you are being super defensive and labeling me without seeing the entire conversation. I'm not going to post it here but I will gladly pm it to those interested. I documented everything in case he turns out to be a stalker.
    Well, I don't think anyone's becoming defensive since none of us even know the guy, but you need to understand that when you only give part of the story, you're going to have people react in what may appear to you to be an inaccurate way... but without the whole story how are we to know any better?

Next time be sure to include the entire background if you're interested in more accurate answers, because your first post really did appear to be some immature, homophobic guy who was either trolling or completely clueless to his own anti-gay nature. As the discussion has progressed, I can see it's a little different than it first appeared but I couldn't have known that in the beginning, eh?

Well, I don't think anyone's becoming defensive since none of us even know the guy, but you need to understand that when you only give part of the story, you're going to have people react in what may appear to you to be an inaccurate way... but without the whole story how are we to know any better?

Next time be sure to include the entire background if you're interested in more accurate answers, because your first post really did appear to be some immature, homophobic guy who was either trolling or completely clueless to his own anti-gay nature. As the discussion has progressed, I can see it's a little different than it first appeared but I couldn't have known that in the beginning, eh?
    You're right. A part of me feels uncomfortable posting the entire conversation in this thread. I can guarantee you I'm not trolling. I've been a member on these forums since 2004. Check your inbox I sent you the entire convo which we had via email. I want your opinion on it.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I had to read your client's email a couple of times as I thought: "How would I feel if that email was directed to me?" If I received such email I would take it as a compliment and non-threatening.

And believe me, this is coming from somebody who used to be homophobe. How did I develop such complex? Well, couple of instances. When I was 12 some gay guy literally grabbed my balls. When I was in the Army (after the don't ask don't tell policy), I - or should say WE - were always stared at in the shower by a cook who we had a hint was gay. Very uncomfortable in both situations. I've gotten a lot better now. In my full-time line of work I deal with lots of gay Indians (no racist or homophobe) working in the IT department. Most gays are respectful. And believe it or not, the perverts we often see in the news are usually straight. But I digress.

Anyway, I wouldn't consider his email freakish or perverted. In his eyes he sees your physique as a role model he wishes to emulate, that's all.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    As long as they aren't like some creepers that their emails use the actions words such as "suck, fist, or ballgag" don't make a big deal of it.
    LMAO. Say it how it is, Lasharm No sugarcoating. Don't forget "teabag."
    This above all..

Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    I had to read your client's email a couple of times as I thought: "How would I feel if that email was directed to me?" If I received such email I would take it as a compliment and non-threatening.

And believe me, this is coming from somebody who used to be homophobe. How did I develop such complex? Well, couple of instances. When I was 12 some gay guy literally grabbed my balls. When I was in the Army (after the don't ask don't tell policy), I - or should say WE - were always stared at in the shower by a cook who we had a hint was gay. Very uncomfortable in both situations. I've gotten a lot better now. In my full-time line of work I deal with lots of gay Indians (no racist or homophobe) working in the IT department. Most gays are respectful. And believe it or not, the perverts we often see in the news are usually straight. But I digress.

Anyway, I wouldn't consider his email freakish or perverted. In his eyes he sees your physique as a role model he wishes to emulate, that's all.
    Just sent you a link to the entire convo in a doc. When you get a chance please read it and give me your thoughts. I'd appreciate it bro. I'd probably be classified as a homophobe as well but I'm not going to let it get in the way of training people. As long as they are cool and respectful then I don't see any problems.

Just sent you a link to the entire convo in a doc. When you get a chance please read it and give me your thoughts. I'd appreciate it bro. I'd probably be classified as a homophobe as well but I'm not going to let it get in the way of training people. As long as they are cool and respectful then I don't see any problems.
    PM sent.
    This above all..

honestly, after reading the entire conversation that you pm'd to me, I would have to say my original assumptions are correct... look dude this guy made a few enthusiastic compliments to you, but he was pretty respectful and made it clear that if you were uncomfortable with them he would stop..

I have a guy (not gay) who is older than me and greatly interested in seeing me succeed in my business, and has been a mentor to me... I think that is why this guy is so interested in your success and helping to invest... he probably sees you as what he wishes he had been at your age, young, ambitious and apparently with a good physique. Sure, he could be gay but he didn't actually make an advances to you... he's just very descriptive about your musculature but I really think you made a mistake by blunting this guy because I sincerely doubt he would have been any sort of threat... if anything he would have been a sort of humorous dude that could provide you with ongoing morale support and you could laugh with your friends about how intrigued he is with your stature. Seriously, dude, you should try living in San Francisco or Long Beach for a while and you'd probably see how ridiculously paranoid you're being about this.

Honestly, I feel kind of bad for the guy from what I read because it just sounded like he was super excited and thought he'd met someone fairly open minded who he could speak casually with and learn from. Oh well, just take it as a lesson, I guess...

BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP, I also think that email sounds supergay. I too would have a hard time accepting his money. The first line alone sounds like the opening to a love letter...

You have the right to refuse ANY client for ANY reason. If this guy made you feel uncomfortable, like he would have made me feel, you don't have to train him and that's that.

You're also not a homophobe if some creepy old guy is hitting on you and sending you love letters and you refuse to see him 2-3 times a week. In my book, that's called heterosexual.

honestly, after reading the entire conversation that you pm'd to me, I would have to say my original assumptions are correct... look dude this guy made a few enthusiastic compliments to you, but he was pretty respectful and made it clear that if you were uncomfortable with them he would stop..

I have a guy (not gay) who is older than me and greatly interested in seeing me succeed in my business, and has been a mentor to me... I think that is why this guy is so interested in your success and helping to invest... he probably sees you as what he wishes he had been at your age, young, ambitious and apparently with a good physique. Sure, he could be gay but he didn't actually make an advances to you... he's just very descriptive about your musculature but I really think you made a mistake by blunting this guy because I sincerely doubt he would have been any sort of threat... if anything he would have been a sort of humorous dude that could provide you with ongoing morale support and you could laugh with your friends about how intrigued he is with your stature. Seriously, dude, you should try living in San Francisco or Long Beach for a while and you'd probably see how ridiculously paranoid you're being about this.

Honestly, I feel kind of bad for the guy from what I read because it just sounded like he was super excited and thought he'd met someone fairly open minded who he could speak casually with and learn from. Oh well, just take it as a lesson, I guess...
    Originally Posted by BSCSCS View Post
    OP, I also think that email sounds supergay. I too would have a hard time accepting his money. The first line alone sounds like the opening to a love letter...

You have the right to refuse ANY client for ANY reason. If this guy made you feel uncomfortable, like he would have made me feel, you don't have to train him and that's that.

You're also not a homophobe if some creepy old guy is hitting on you and sending you love letters and you refuse to see him 2-3 times a week. In my book, that's called heterosexual.
    Both of you guys have a point. It all depends on the person at the end of the day. Some people are more comfortable than others in situations like this. Tovlakas, it seems you have been in similar situations and know how to deal with it well. Props to you. I guess as I start training I will eventually have to learn to deal with it as well.

Tavlakas: I value everyone's opinion so I'd like to hear what logical explanation you have for his last comment regarding keeping it between us as it's not work related. Why would he say that if he had "good intentions" and was just being "very enthusiastic" as you say?
    Last edited by Destroyerofpusy; 04-20-2010 at 06:00 PM.

jayoheazy is just really nice. (+1000) jayoheazy is just really nice. (+1000) jayoheazy is just really nice. (+1000) jayoheazy is just really nice. (+1000) jayoheazy is just really nice. (+1000) jayoheazy is just really nice. (+1000) jayoheazy is just really nice. (+1000) jayoheazy is just really nice. (+1000) jayoheazy is just really nice. (+1000) jayoheazy is just really nice. (+1000) jayoheazy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    And believe it or not, the perverts we often see in the news are usually straight. But I digress.
    Word.

The email was pretty weird IMO, but doesn't mean dude is gay. Either way he sounds like a potential client with some dough, so don't be so quick to judge. You could be pulling money from your pocket