ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

When to Carb on a No Simple Carb Diet?

This question is for the guys who feel very confident that they have a very good body. For example: If you have a good sixpack and a well balanced muscular physique that might qualify you as a sports model, then you qualify to respond. Of course I know others will respond, but so far I have done very well with my own routines, only listening to the folks that have made it there themselves, and avoiding advise from the ones who want to make it there.

I run six days a week for 1 hour in the morning on an empty stomach. I also do German Volume Training three times a week in the evening. I have gained a lot of muscle mass while loosing weight, I.E. My Picture from a month ago, I am even more cut and have more muscle mass now.) I am very carful to eat my protein shakes and fruit at the right times. I have made great progress in the last 5 months dropping from a fat 225 lbs with no muscle and 30% body fat to 195 lbs with about 12% body fat. I want to get down to 6% - 8% Body fat by June 1. That gives me about 6 weeks.

I am convinced (from others that have made it) I will need to stop eating the fruits and other simple carbs, and start eating veggies and strictly restrict my carbs.

Question: I think I still need simple carbs along with my protein shake to spike my insulin after my weight lifting workouts. Is that correct? Also, Will I need those same simple carbs after my 1 hour cardio followed by 15 minutes of abs which I do 6 days a week? I am asking, not because I am stuck. I may be able to make it doing just what I am doing, but so far listening to good advise from online sources that have a good reputation has done me very well. I really just want to hit my goal.

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you might find some folks in the keto forum who have a high level of knowledge on TKD diets

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61

bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You might also check out the recently closed Pre/Post WO Nutrition Thread Aragon has some good stuff to say about your topic.
    David, a 56 year old pastor, husband and father.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year? Be the best Me I can be.

Hi_Volume is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hi_Volume is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hi_Volume is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hi_Volume is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hi_Volume is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hi_Volume is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hi_Volume is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hi_Volume is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hi_Volume is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hi_Volume is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hi_Volume is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ChimarraoMate View Post
    I want to get down to 6% - 8% Body fat by June 1. That gives me about 6 weeks.

I am convinced (from others that have made it) I will need to stop eating the fruits and other simple carbs, and start eating veggies and strictly restrict my carbs.

Question: I think I still need simple carbs along with my protein shake to spike my insulin after my weight lifting workouts. Is that correct? Also, Will I need those same simple carbs after my 1 hour cardio followed by 15 minutes of abs which I do 6 days a week? I am asking, not because I am stuck. I may be able to make it doing just what I am doing, but so far listening to good advise from online sources that have a good reputation has done me very well. I really just want to hit my goal.
    I think your expectations are in line and a fat loss of ~12lbs. in 6 weeks is manageable. However when some people break the 10%BF mark fat loss can slow and even stall.

Not sure if I qualify to respond but that's my 2 cents....

Many BB'ers don't cut fruits but rather high GI carb sources and I would recommend the same. So grapefruit, apples, all your berries (Straw, Blue, Ras, etc...) are great to use. Stay away from high GI fruits grapes, pineapple, banana, etc.... and you will be fine. Starchy carb sources should be centered around oats, barley, brown rice, and yams.

Keep your PWO shake containing whey and dextrose and just fit it in to your daily macro targets.

I would advise against the keto diet if you want you metabolism to behave rationally. When your your fat loss stalls on a conventional calorie restricted cut diet consisting of a 40/40/20 macro slows or stalls then I would get a bit more aggressive using carb cycling. Cycling will allow the fat loss to keep rolling along when you approach the single digit BF levels all while keeping your metabolism happy.

rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    For an entertaining insight check "I want to look like that guy" video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuygZX3HKSQ
    Are you placing limits on romance? Are you telling me that a sex act involving a robotic monkey, three midgets, a motorized two-headed rubber f'ck-stick, a jungle gym, and some purple truck nutz CAN'T be romantic and loving? - Karl_Hungus

jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've made this recomendation quite a few times....Check out the book "the stubborn fat solution" by Lyle Mcdonald, it is a great read and gives you several ideas for getting to extremely low bodyfat levels

rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My contest diets always consisted of liberal amounts of pasta white rice and potatoes. I am a person who keeps the carbs high all the time whether gaining or loosing. That out of the way, I rarely eat sugary foods because I dont like them and dont see much use for them.

I have never used fruit in a contest prep and I dont think I would consider it, personal preference.

I would not do the simple sugars after or before training because the unproven benefit does not warrant it and there is definitely IMO a potential downside.

kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ChimarraoMate View Post
    This question is for the guys who feel very confident that they have a very good body. For example: If you have a good sixpack and a well balanced muscular physique that might qualify you as a sports model, then you qualify to respond.
    sorry, that's not on my list of things I want to qualify for so I guess I'm not qualified to help you

bb.com forum member #44253

Nothing in this world worth having comes easy

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by kimsquit View Post
    sorry, that's not on my list of things I want to qualify for so I guess I'm not qualified to help you
    Aw, c'mon, man. Just because his exclusivist post disregarded probably 75% of the knowledgeable posters in this forum doesn't mean you shouldn't help out!
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Aw, c'mon, man. Just because his exclusivist post disregarded probably 75% of the knowledgeable posters in this forum doesn't mean you shouldn't help out!
    <<<<< Make that 76%

Every day counts.

-[][][]---------[][][]-

I has a PHmuthaf'nD in Broscience!

ntrllftr > azstrengthlosscouchpotato

ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Hi_Volume View Post
    I think your expectations are in line and a fat loss of ~12lbs. in 6 weeks is manageable. However when some people break the 10%BF mark fat loss can slow and even stall.

Not sure if I qualify to respond but that's my 2 cents....

Many BB'ers don't cut fruits but rather high GI carb sources and I would recommend the same. So grapefruit, apples, all your berries (Straw, Blue, Ras, etc...) are great to use. Stay away from high GI fruits grapes, pineapple, banana, etc.... and you will be fine. Starchy carb sources should be centered around oats, barley, brown rice, and yams.

Keep your PWO shake containing whey and dextrose and just fit it in to your daily macro targets.

I would advise against the keto diet if you want you metabolism to behave rationally. When your your fat loss stalls on a conventional calorie restricted cut diet consisting of a 40/40/20 macro slows or stalls then I would get a bit more aggressive using carb cycling. Cycling will allow the fat loss to keep rolling along when you approach the single digit BF levels all while keeping your metabolism happy.
    Excellent info Hi_Volume! Thanks. You hit right on what I am trying to avoid -- a stall. I have been told the same and want to learn from experience like yours to minimize the impact. Cycling makes complete sense.

Originally Posted by kimsquit View Post
    I know the "Sports Model" was a bit over the top. LOL. Judging based on your picture, the six pack more than qualifies you to give advise. Besides, I bet some gals would disagree with you about the "Sports Model" part having abs like that, you are probably beating them off you at times, just to get through your workout.

Originally Posted by rab71 View Post
    For an entertaining insight check "I want to look like that guy" video.
    I saw that video a month ago... LOL, That actually almost describes my story, but I had no phase 1. My progress has been in the last 5 months, and it has been fun as hell getting here. Did I say "HELL!"

Registered User DeathtoToasters's Avatar
    DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by rob440 View Post
    My contest diets always consisted of liberal amounts of pasta white rice and potatoes. I am a person who keeps the carbs high all the time whether gaining or loosing. That out of the way, I rarely eat sugary foods because I dont like them and dont see much use for them.

I have never used fruit in a contest prep and I dont think I would consider it, personal preference.

I would not do the simple sugars after or before training because the unproven benefit does not warrant it and there is definitely IMO a potential downside.
    SO how many carbs are you using when you are doing contest prep? Same as when you are not prepping?

What amount do you try to keep and what type of carbs? Brown Rice, Whole Wheat pasta, yams?

Just wondering
    Thanks!

rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DeathtoToasters View Post
    SO how many carbs are you using when you are doing contest prep? Same as when you are not prepping?

What amount do you try to keep and what type of carbs? Brown Rice, Whole Wheat pasta, yams?

Just wondering
    Thanks!
    My prep diets would generally be around 3500 a day however I am going to try staying a bit higher next time (if there is a next time). I dont like brown rice, whole wheat pasta, or yams so I just eat regular semolina pasta, russet potatoes, and white rice. I have a pretty heavy lean body weight due to my height so my calories are really high. If you are envious dont be I envy the guys who can gain weight on lower calories because eating like I do is a chore its not at all fun.

I may be an extreme example for the OP, but I think people get too carried away with the low carbs these days. The answer is IMO eat as many as you can without getting fat. I dont consider white sugar or twinkies carbs I consider them junk BTW.