Registered User aempowerlifting's Avatar
    aempowerlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aempowerlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aempowerlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aempowerlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aempowerlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aempowerlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aempowerlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aempowerlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aempowerlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aempowerlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aempowerlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

College Rugby Training (SCRFU)

Introduction
    Just completed physical therapy and was cleared to return to training and conditioning. I haven't trained seriously in the past few months, except for physical therapy and specific muscular testing. In the first few weeks I need to address all muscular imbalances accumulated during my injury (patellar tendonitis), and get my diet in check.

Training Program

Progressions:
    DL Finisher ----------- Tire Flips
    Med Ball Slams ------- Sledgehammer Swings
    Conditioning ---------- Rugby Training

General Warm-Up
    1. Stationary Bike 5 Minute Warm-Up
    2. Joe Defranco’s Agile Eight

Knee Specific Warm-Up
    1. Reverse Treadmill Walk @ 10.0 Incline
    2. Knee Rehabilitation Exercises
    3. Light & Explosive Movements

General Cool-Down
    1. Stationary Bike 5 Minute Warm-Up
    2. Static Stretching
    3. Ice Therapy

In The Kitchen

Meal 1
    1.0 scoops of whey
    1.0 medium banana
    0.5 cups of oats with honey and flaxseed

Meal 2
    1.0 servings of chicken, walnuts, red peppers mix
    1.5 servings of canned spinach

Pre-Workout
    0.5 scoops of whey protein
    1.0 servings of blueberries
    1.0 servings of green tea

Post-Workout
    1.0 scoops of whey & oats protein
    1.0 servings of gatorade

Meal 3
    1.0 servings of chicken, walnuts, red peppers mix
    2.0 servings of sweet potato baby food

Meal 4
    0.5 can of tuna
    1.0 servings of light mayo
    2.0 slices of bread

Meal 5
    1.0 cups of cottage cheese with sugar-free jelly and cinnamon
    1.0 cups of 1% milk

Daily Supplements
    2 multi-vitamins
    3 grams of taurine
    5 grams of creatine
    5 grams of fish oil
    10 beef liver pills
    Last edited by aempowerlifting; 04-18-2010 at 07:10 PM.

beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Interesting workout.
    310 Pounds down to 218 Pounds.

Registered User aempowerlifting's Avatar
    aempowerlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aempowerlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aempowerlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aempowerlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aempowerlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aempowerlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aempowerlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aempowerlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aempowerlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aempowerlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aempowerlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by beertank23 View Post
    Interesting workout.
    I'm traditionally a Westside guy. I've competed in powerlifting and throughout high school always relied on Westside training principles. However, I did find that I was severely lacking in muscular endurance on the pitch (I felt my hits getting substantially weaker pretty soon into the match).

The training is split up:
    Lower / Olympic
    Core Training A
    Strongman Conditioning + Flexibility Training
    Core Training B
    Horizontal Push/Pull
    Lower
    Vertical Push/Pull

I'm relying on this right now to get back into the swing of things after post-therapy. I actually got the idea from the program off one of Coach Ashley's programs. However, during summer training (June-August) if I see a noticeable difference from the change from intensity to volume, I might keep this as an off-season program. If I see no changes, or worse, I'll return to my traditional Westside set-up and incorporate more conditioning into the program.

Again, this program is an experiment and using it to correct some muscular imbalances caused from my injury. I would love to move straight back into Westside training, but I've realized the smarter you train the longer you'll be training and the more you'll gain.

Thanks for the support!

beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by aempowerlifting View Post
    I'm traditionally a Westside guy. I've competed in powerlifting and throughout high school always relied on Westside training principles. However, I did find that I was severely lacking in muscular endurance on the pitch (I felt my hits getting substantially weaker pretty soon into the match).

The training is split up:
    Lower / Olympic
    Core Training A
    Strongman Conditioning + Flexibility Training
    Core Training B
    Horizontal Push/Pull
    Lower
    Vertical Push/Pull

I'm relying on this right now to get back into the swing of things after post-therapy. I actually got the idea from the program off one of Coach Ashley's programs. However, during summer training (June-August) if I see a noticeable difference from the change from intensity to volume, I might keep this as an off-season program. If I see no changes, or worse, I'll return to my traditional Westside set-up and incorporate more conditioning into the program.

Again, this program is an experiment and using it to correct some muscular imbalances caused from my injury. I would love to move straight back into Westside training, but I've realized the smarter you train the longer you'll be training and the more you'll gain.

Thanks for the support!

No worries mang, That first workout graph yu posted, looked very odd thats all!
    310 Pounds down to 218 Pounds.