Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rutkat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'm finally able to understand the details of posture, syndromes, and corrections. I have started this just now and will post my updates on a new thread so I won't get lazy.

hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i have just begun fixing posture.... will update

UnsureLifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) UnsureLifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) UnsureLifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) UnsureLifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) UnsureLifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) UnsureLifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) UnsureLifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) UnsureLifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) UnsureLifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) UnsureLifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500) UnsureLifter is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I finally realize why my ass sticks out so much and I've always had a bit of an underbelly... I have an Anterior Pelvic Tilt. I've been getting lower back/hip pain every few months out of the blue and I believe this is the reason why. Gonna try and do all of the stretches daily and strengthen my hammies/glutes/abs and see if it works. Also, apparently fixing my curved spine will make me taller... heh. 5'10" even right now, wonder how tall I'll be when it's completely normal. Wish me luck!

DanPecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanPecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanPecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanPecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanPecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanPecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanPecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanPecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanPecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanPecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanPecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Omar_Gt View Post
    wow!! its going to take a long time going through all the links..
    I can't think of a better way to present all the info, can you? Excellent job, OP!

BreaksOver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Currently doing SS and don't want to abandon that or strength training in general for 12 weeks to help my posture (got anterior pelvic tilt, winged scapula, rolled shoulders). Would it be wiser to just implement certain things, like face pulls, glute work etc, as assistance exercises to fix certain things?

Its ok, Im a Limo driver! ShackledOrphan's Avatar
    ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000) ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000) ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000) ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000) ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000) ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000) ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000) ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000) ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000) ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000) ShackledOrphan is just really nice. (+1000)
    How do I sub this?
    Goal: Aesthetic as F*ck, 8-9%/ABs, Continual acquisition of fitness and nutrition knowledge, & Athleticism.

My Dog @ his worst > Your Dog @ it's best.

Boxing & Lifting FTW

Who said dieting had to be bland? iChef

jekene is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jekene is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jekene is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jekene is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jekene is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jekene is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jekene is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jekene is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jekene is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jekene is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jekene is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ShackledOrphan View Post
    How do I sub this?
    top of thread, Thread tools->subscribe to this thread
    Superdouche™

captinaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) captinaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) captinaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) captinaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) captinaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) captinaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) captinaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) captinaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) captinaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) captinaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) captinaaa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    awesome thread , thx
    Do your best and forget the rest

bpatient is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bpatient is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bpatient is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bpatient is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bpatient is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bpatient is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bpatient is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bpatient is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bpatient is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bpatient is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bpatient is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Bump thanks!

Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    dynamic stretches in the morning

dynamic stretches before a workout
    and static stretches after

isometric stretches once in a while when you are well rested

Batarang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Batarang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Batarang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Batarang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Batarang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Batarang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Batarang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Batarang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Batarang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Batarang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Batarang is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    All excellent info. Put it into practice & stay consistent.

Squeeks is just really nice. (+1000) Squeeks is just really nice. (+1000) Squeeks is just really nice. (+1000) Squeeks is just really nice. (+1000) Squeeks is just really nice. (+1000) Squeeks is just really nice. (+1000) Squeeks is just really nice. (+1000) Squeeks is just really nice. (+1000) Squeeks is just really nice. (+1000) Squeeks is just really nice. (+1000) Squeeks is just really nice. (+1000)
    thinking of going to a chiro to fix my **** posture. past 6 months I've really focused on back and my relaxed posture is still terrible. years of video games really fuked me up. Should I see a chiropractor?
    *Nose so big it makes pussy wet crew*
    *Women want to suck on my nose when my nostrils flare crew*
    *Nose resembles an erect penis crew*
    Pm me your applications with pics.

mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

www.insideyourcorner.com

This is great information. i read an article for the army physical fitness test. running is the best for your entire body. I suggest adding it to the workout routine.

MUFCFrankie is on a distinguished road. (+10) MUFCFrankie is on a distinguished road. (+10) MUFCFrankie is on a distinguished road. (+10) MUFCFrankie is on a distinguished road. (+10) MUFCFrankie is on a distinguished road. (+10) MUFCFrankie is on a distinguished road. (+10) MUFCFrankie is on a distinguished road. (+10) MUFCFrankie is on a distinguished road. (+10) MUFCFrankie is on a distinguished road. (+10) MUFCFrankie is on a distinguished road. (+10) MUFCFrankie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    good stuff

12teraa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 12teraa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 12teraa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 12teraa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 12teraa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 12teraa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 12teraa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 12teraa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 12teraa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 12teraa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 12teraa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    thanks for the info.

I started with my program 3 weeks ago and I always feel pain in my joints after traiment will try to correct my posture.

carolmonthero is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) carolmonthero is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) carolmonthero is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) carolmonthero is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) carolmonthero is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) carolmonthero is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) carolmonthero is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) carolmonthero is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) carolmonthero is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) carolmonthero is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) carolmonthero is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Thumbs up

Very useful thread.

HiddenMozart is just really nice. (+1000) HiddenMozart is just really nice. (+1000) HiddenMozart is just really nice. (+1000) HiddenMozart is just really nice. (+1000) HiddenMozart is just really nice. (+1000) HiddenMozart is just really nice. (+1000) HiddenMozart is just really nice. (+1000) HiddenMozart is just really nice. (+1000) HiddenMozart is just really nice. (+1000) HiddenMozart is just really nice. (+1000) HiddenMozart is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Squeeks View Post
    thinking of going to a chiro to fix my **** posture. past 6 months I've really focused on back and my relaxed posture is still terrible. years of video games really fuked me up. Should I see a chiropractor?
    Be more aware of your posture when you're sitting, standing, and even training. your "Relaxed" posture is your ****ty posture than you've been running aay from, why not try to always stand tall?
    "Who?"

Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by PremiuMsam View Post
    Gzus, you mentioned you used to play a lot of soccer. Any particularly useful leg exercises for mobility (skipping)?

Also, had the first preseason training today, I noticed a LOT of stiffness in my lower back, arse and hammies, I checked out the Neanderthal thread and I'm going to start doing glute bridges, warrior lunges, glute stretches, bug twists, good mornings and the piriformis stretch. Will that be sufficient?
    From 'Sample Warm-Ups by Population by Cressy, Hartman and Robertson':

Lying Knee-to-Knee Pull-in: 1x8
    Rocking Ankle Mobilization: 1x8/side
    Lying Psoas March: 1x8/side
    Wall Hip Flexor Mobilization: 1x8/side
    1-leg Supine Bridge: 1x8/side
    Single Leg RDL: 1x5/side
    Walking Spiderman with 1-arm Overhead Reach: 1x5/side
    Scapular Wall Slide: 1x8
    Hip Airplane: 1x5/side

Option 2
    Doorway Slide: 1x8
    Split-Stance Kneeling Adductor Mobilization: 1x8/side
    Yoga Push-up: 1x6
    Reach, Roll, & Lift: 1x6/side
    Wall Ankle Mobilization: 1x8/side
    Squat-to-Stand: 1x5
    High Knee Walk to Forward Lunge: 1x5/side
    Bowler Squat: 1x8/side
    Cross-Behind Overhead Reverse Lunge: 1x5/side

You can get a stiff posterior with poor ankle and hip mobility. Are the exercises you posted sufficient? Are either of the warm-ups sufficient (google/youtube the movements in the warmups and you'll see why they'll help)? Depends on badly off you are.

[unless you can do good mornings impeccably and are certain they're required, I'd delay its use for now.]
    Dillon you sob, C.I.A. got you pushing too many pencils? Fix posture - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123812871

Look like you lift and want to do Oly grip Front Squats? - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164421641

Instagram: Gzus1_

dantefrizzoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) dantefrizzoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) dantefrizzoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) dantefrizzoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) dantefrizzoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) dantefrizzoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) dantefrizzoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) dantefrizzoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) dantefrizzoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) dantefrizzoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) dantefrizzoli is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for that breakdown. I've always had good posture and intend to keep it!

ajdanis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good stuff, thanks for the info.

SterDurgs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My trainer had myself doing posture reset with a foam roller, basically you lie down on your back on the foam roller with the foam roller lining up with your spine. Your head should be lying on the very end of the foam roller and your legs should be bent in towards the other end of the foam roller. Now just let your arms hang off the sides of the foam roller like a T. It is very relaxing and a good stretch.
    "Someone told me the definition of hell: The last day you have on earth, the person you became, meets the person you could of become"

I am a late bloomer, I grew 14 inches in the last 5 years.
    I am a newbie, I only started lifting last spring.
    03/01/13: 6'1, 156
    08/01/13: 6'1, 178
    (hockey season)
    03/07/14: 6'1, 175
    05/19/14: 6'1, 185
    Goal: 08/01/14: 190 or >

"Every scar has a story"

Jimmy6088 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is there a complete full dynamic stretching workout available for kyphotic spine and lordisis spine? I have forward head, rounded shoulders and my lower back seems somewhat deeper than it should be.

dreamingg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi, quick question.

Below is an extract from one of the links (de-constructing the computer guy part 2):

"10. Sit all the way back in your chair

We're willing to bet you're sitting at the edge of your seat as you read this article. Don't feel bad, everyone does it thinking that they're practicing perfect posture in doing so. Sitting at the edge of your chair forces your back to go into extension. Repeated extension can be just as bad as repeated flexion; we need to avoid it.

You still want to make sure that you're sitting up (don't slouch), but try to make sure that you're sitting all the way back in your chair. That way you provide ample lumbar support and you avoid repeated extension throughout the day."

Question: So is it bad to maintain thoracic extension throughout the day? Or is this just referring to the hyperextension of the lumbar spine?

Thx
    Last edited by dreamingg; 06-24-2014 at 01:00 AM.

thors5 is just really nice. (+1000) thors5 is just really nice. (+1000) thors5 is just really nice. (+1000) thors5 is just really nice. (+1000) thors5 is just really nice. (+1000) thors5 is just really nice. (+1000) thors5 is just really nice. (+1000) thors5 is just really nice. (+1000) thors5 is just really nice. (+1000) thors5 is just really nice. (+1000) thors5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Need to read this later.
    Fierce 5

dreamingg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dreamingg View Post
    Hi, quick question.

Below is an extract from one of the links (de-constructing the computer guy part 2):

"10. Sit all the way back in your chair

We're willing to bet you're sitting at the edge of your seat as you read this article. Don't feel bad, everyone does it thinking that they're practicing perfect posture in doing so. Sitting at the edge of your chair forces your back to go into extension. Repeated extension can be just as bad as repeated flexion; we need to avoid it.

You still want to make sure that you're sitting up (don't slouch), but try to make sure that you're sitting all the way back in your chair. That way you provide ample lumbar support and you avoid repeated extension throughout the day."

Question: So is it bad to maintain thoracic extension throughout the day? Or is this just referring to the hyperextension of the lumbar spine?

Thx
    bump

BenClarc84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great info here! Thanks

NicholeMaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I like your useful information.
    Good posture results when the muscles of the body align properly, allowing for efficient movement. When your body's muscles and joints are balanced and supported properly, you're better able to perform everyday activities, such as squatting to pick up laundry or running down a flight of stairs efficiently.

Montrealsud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you have exercises to fix genu valgum ?

krioro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krioro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krioro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krioro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krioro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krioro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krioro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krioro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krioro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krioro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krioro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In.

galibre89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my left arm is weak and my left chest is well toned and visible than right chest.. Please provide some suggestion to even strengths..