parke241 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) parke241 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) parke241 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) parke241 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) parke241 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) parke241 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) parke241 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) parke241 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) parke241 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) parke241 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) parke241 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wrestler til recently...now I cant seem to get back in that shape

Hey guys, long time reader and first time poster. I wrestled pretty much my whole life and had a freak of a coach so I had to wrestle at anything from 189 to 285. So I've constantly had to shift large amounts of weight. Now that I am officially done wrestling, I decided that I am unhappy letting myself go a little bit. I currently weigh 220, I am 5'10 and am 19 years old. I decided, like many others, to work out for my new year's resolution. I have been working out 5 times a week, taking protein shakes directly after work outs, and drinking more water than I would like to. For breakfast I have 5 hard boiled eggs, without the yolk because I hear that is where the calories are for the most part and 2 glasses of chocolate milk. For lunch I have a chicken wrap with lettuce, pickles, and a piece of american cheese (everyday, Im boring I know) and 2 glasses of chocolate milk. For dinner I usually have chicken and mashed potatoes or a grilled chicken sandwich and 2 glasses of chocolate milk. I have been increased my strength much to my liking. At the beginning I benched 180 as a max, and now i bench almost 260. My squat has gone from 290 to 410. I have gotten noticeably physically stronger (obviously). I do between 30 and 60 minutes of cardio a day but my body is not transforming how I want it to. How can I lose this fat?! Thanks in advance

Metrosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metrosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metrosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by parke241 View Post
    Hey guys, long time reader and first time poster. I wrestled pretty much my whole life and had a freak of a coach so I had to wrestle at anything from 189 to 285. So I've constantly had to shift large amounts of weight. Now that I am officially done wrestling, I decided that I am unhappy letting myself go a little bit. I currently weigh 220, I am 5'10 and am 19 years old. I decided, like many others, to work out for my new year's resolution. I have been working out 5 times a week, taking protein shakes directly after work outs, and drinking more water than I would like to. For breakfast I have 5 hard boiled eggs, without the yolk because I hear that is where the calories are for the most part and 2 glasses of chocolate milk. For lunch I have a chicken wrap with lettuce, pickles, and a piece of american cheese (everyday, Im boring I know) and 2 glasses of chocolate milk. For dinner I usually have chicken and mashed potatoes or a grilled chicken sandwich and 2 glasses of chocolate milk. I have been increased my strength much to my liking. At the beginning I benched 180 as a max, and now i bench almost 260. My squat has gone from 290 to 410. I have gotten noticeably physically stronger (obviously). I do between 30 and 60 minutes of cardio a day but my body is not transforming how I want it to. How can I lose this fat?! Thanks in advance

Well with the diet you provided you are pretty much bulking... i mean those 2 chocolate milk glasses sure add up to lotsa cals! Try cutting those out (or if you a chocomaniac try just having one and see the results) If you dont see results ya might have to cut em out :-/...

Essentially i think you are eating too many cals. Clearly you are training well if your strength gain claims are accurate, just that you aren't eating clean enough... I'm positive if you cut out the chocolate milk you will see the results you are looking for!

Edit: Oh also forgot to add: maybe try and space out your meals, from what i see you have 3 meals a day (4 on gym days) try making it 5 and 6 on gym days and cutting the portions. Something you might wanna do is go on a calorie counting website and get an idea of the calories you are consuming on an average day and then look up your BMR. If you want to lose fat you are gonna want to lower your cal intake to about 500cals under maintenance. If you just wanna keep your shape then eat at maintenance. Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Metrosh; 04-13-2010 at 11:44 PM.

jimhightower is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimhightower is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimhightower is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimhightower is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimhightower is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimhightower is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimhightower is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimhightower is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimhightower is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimhightower is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimhightower is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Metrosh View Post
    Well with the diet you provided you are pretty much bulking... i mean those 2 chocolate milk glasses sure add up to lotsa cals! Try cutting those out (or if you a chocomaniac try just having one and see the results) If you dont see results ya might have to cut em out :-/...

Essentially i think you are eating too many cals. Clearly you are training well if your strength gain claims are accurate, just that you aren't eating clean enough... I'm positive if you cut out the chocolate milk you will see the results you are looking for!

Edit: Oh also forgot to add: maybe try and space out your meals, from what i see you have 3 meals a day (4 on gym days) try making it 5 and 6 on gym days and cutting the portions. Something you might wanna do is go on a calorie counting website and get an idea of the calories you are consuming on an average day and then look up your BMR. If you want to lose fat you are gonna want to lower your cal intake to about 500cals under maintenance. If you just wanna keep your shape then eat at maintenance. Hope this helps!

I would def cut out the chocolate milk, it is alot of added sugar. If you really need it, one thing that has tasted exactly like chocolate milk to me is getting some almond milk (vanilla unsweetened), adding some sugar free chocolate syrup or unsweetened cocoa, some splenda/stevia to taste, and bam it is chocolate milk at a fraction of the calories and no sugar