ruggeri5054 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ruggeri5054 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ruggeri5054 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ruggeri5054 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ruggeri5054 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ruggeri5054 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ruggeri5054 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ruggeri5054 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ruggeri5054 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ruggeri5054 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ruggeri5054 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Muscle gain/fat loss

I have had some success in muscle gain and fat loss. I once weighed almost 230 and dropped down to 174 ish..and along with this I had lost some muscle too. Bench dropped down to 265...I learned the science of weight loss and muscle loss too. If you are trying to do both it is possible, but what you have to do is find a routine that works best for you. Alot of test and tune needs to take place too. I ALWAYS do cardio after my workouts never before. Now im benching in the 315-320 range and under 190 pounds. Im really trying to lose weight and become 'cut' but i cant seem to shed the pounds any more... I take supplements and have the proper diet. I have studied nutrition for a few years.. my diet isnt the problem. Im not really even needing to lose any weight, i am most likely under 11 percent bodyfat but i want to be at a all time low pbf. any ideas? I have been trying hard and weight loss is at a stand still after the 50 lb loss.. Let me know thank you!!!

james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    eat less calories than maintenance

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ruggeri5054 View Post
    I learned the science of weight loss and muscle loss too. If you are trying to do both it is possible, but what you have to do is find a routine that works best for you.
    Most people would be much better off not even trying to loose weight and gain muscle at the same time. Beginners can do it for short periods of time, but other than that it's serving two different masters and trying to do that often results in spinning wheels and no real progress especially in the muscle building ( ie most important ) department.

Im really trying to lose weight and become 'cut' but i cant seem to shed the pounds any more... I (snip) have the proper diet. my diet isnt the problem. Im not really even needing to lose any weight, i am most likely under 11 percent bodyfat but i want to be at a all time low pbf. any ideas?
    Yeah, to become 'cut', either you need to drop more bodyfat and/or you need to build more muscle. To drop bodyfat, you need to eat less. To build muscle, you need to stop cutting for a while, build some muscle, and then try cutting again.

Personally, I say you're seeing frustration because you're trying to drop fat and build muscle at the same time. Choose 1 or the other. Good luck.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have had some success in muscle gain and fat loss. I once weighed almost 230 and dropped down to 174 ish..and along with this I had lost some muscle too. Bench dropped down to 265...I learned the science of weight loss and muscle loss too. If you are trying to do both it is possible, but what you have to do is find a routine that works best for you. Alot of test and tune needs to take place too. I ALWAYS do cardio after my workouts never before. Now im benching in the 315-320 range and under 190 pounds. Im really trying to lose weight and become 'cut' but i cant seem to shed the pounds any more... I take supplements and have the proper diet. I have studied nutrition for a few years.. my diet isnt the problem. Im not really even needing to lose any weight, i am most likely under 11 percent bodyfat but i want to be at a all time low pbf. any ideas? I have been trying hard and weight loss is at a stand still after the 50 lb loss.. Let me know thank you!!!
    I totally agree, I have lost 55 lbs of fat and haven't lost any muscle.

You should try doing mini cycles of calories, 4 weeks with an above maintenance and 4 weeks below maintenance, this way you can increase your metabolism by adding more muscle mass, then you will have the ability to burn the gained fat off while slightly holding a bit more muscle or strength.

What does your nutrition look like throughout the day?
    www.JakeTiesler.com

ruggeri5054 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ruggeri5054 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ruggeri5054 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ruggeri5054 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ruggeri5054 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ruggeri5054 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ruggeri5054 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ruggeri5054 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ruggeri5054 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ruggeri5054 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ruggeri5054 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by james0566 View Post
    eat less calories than maintenance
    I understand but at the same time, I am keeping my fat at the same level, and my strength is climbing only because I wat alot..probably 3000 calories but maybe less...to build up eating is the prime idea....i guess i should of said...instead of running...what other cardio should I incoorporate?

Originally Posted by teezlr View Post

You should try doing mini cycles of calories, 4 weeks with an above maintenance and 4 weeks below maintenance, this way you can increase your metabolism by adding more muscle mass, then you will have the ability to burn the gained fat off while slightly holding a bit more muscle or strength.

you know that seems to be the prime idea...I have tried that and it sucks going back and fourth but it does work for me..I have more of every two weeks i alternate..more running and maybe just 2 days of lifting, then the next rotation is heavy hardcore lifting and just a few days of cardio..but i guess Im trying to catch a unicorn here..i cant do both at the same time..Im just so scared of losing my bench...last night I just did 325 at a weight of 188 and im still fittin in a 32 waist so...IDK what to do lol

Mister_Fister has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mister_Fister has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mister_Fister has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mister_Fister has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mister_Fister has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mister_Fister has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mister_Fister has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mister_Fister has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mister_Fister has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mister_Fister has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mister_Fister has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    damn bro don't be losing your bench and remember the curlz for teh girlz too.

Originally Posted by Mister_Fister View Post
    damn bro don't be losing your bench and remember the curlz for teh girlz too.
    Ha i know..its too much to lose...i only want to lose 5 to 7 lbs anyway..i think a little more cardio and more water in my diet will do it..i dont drink enough water..i was in the marines i should know this lol..but ya man..loosing bench is not worth it..thanks
    Last edited by ruggeri5054; 04-10-2010 at 10:22 AM.

Originally Posted by teezlr View Post

my nutrition is a good 6 meals aday.. but i need to drink more water..i know im not drinking enough... mostly complex carbs and protein..i cant cut out carbs at all..thats my fuel lol..my diet is good..i eat about 2500-3000 calories a day of solid good nutrition..but i usually burn 1000 of that in work outs alone..so i only need to really lose about 5-7 lbs anyway..more water should help.. thanks bro btw are you a personal trainer? if so im interested in my NCSF and ACE and how to obtain that