Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    the kid with the fat knob ThaWorldIsYours's Avatar
    ThaWorldIsYours is a name known to all. (+5000) ThaWorldIsYours is a name known to all. (+5000) ThaWorldIsYours is a name known to all. (+5000) ThaWorldIsYours is a name known to all. (+5000) ThaWorldIsYours is a name known to all. (+5000) ThaWorldIsYours is a name known to all. (+5000) ThaWorldIsYours is a name known to all. (+5000) ThaWorldIsYours is a name known to all. (+5000) ThaWorldIsYours is a name known to all. (+5000) ThaWorldIsYours is a name known to all. (+5000) ThaWorldIsYours is a name known to all. (+5000)

Sweet Mother of God (Hood workouts)

Let me preface this by saying I dunno if this has been posted before (I've only been lurkin around here for like 2 months) but I wasn't sure exactly what to search for (humongous dudes getting swoll on playground equipment?) I ran a search for "hood workouts" and didn't see anything.

Now to the videos...

Dude's core strength is outrageous. He saves the best for around 3 minute mark

This guy is a monster

There's a lot more of these on youtube, just thought I'd share a couple.

I gotta say these guys physique's are impressive for strictly using bodyweight excercises and weight vests.

Obviously your not gonna get any lower body benefits from this, but its pretty impressive nonetheless. These guys upper bodies are entirely shredded. Back, chest, arms, abs, all from doing monkey bar workouts.

If you couldn't afford a gym membership/ home gym equipment, would any of you stroll down to the local elementary school and give this a shot?
    Last edited by ThaWorldIsYours; 04-03-2010 at 11:15 PM.

ThaWorldIsYours is a name known to all. (+5000) ThaWorldIsYours is a name known to all. (+5000) ThaWorldIsYours is a name known to all. (+5000) ThaWorldIsYours is a name known to all. (+5000) ThaWorldIsYours is a name known to all. (+5000) ThaWorldIsYours is a name known to all. (+5000) ThaWorldIsYours is a name known to all. (+5000) ThaWorldIsYours is a name known to all. (+5000) ThaWorldIsYours is a name known to all. (+5000) ThaWorldIsYours is a name known to all. (+5000) ThaWorldIsYours is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Anybody wanna help me embed these?

EDIT: nvm
    Last edited by ThaWorldIsYours; 04-03-2010 at 11:16 PM.

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That was certainly impressive, i wonder how much he could bench, probably 2x bw.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

coyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    these are all very old. i watched them a lone time ago, there are actually gangs of guys who just work out all day in parks, there hood acrobatics and could be profsionals if they wanted to, very strong

HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ThaWorldIsYours View Post
    Let me preface this by saying I dunno if this has been posted before (I've only been lurkin around here for like 2 months) but I wasn't sure exactly what to search for (humongous dudes getting swoll on playground equipment?) I ran a search for "hood workouts" and didn't see anything.

Now to the videos...

Dude's core strength is outrageous. He saves the best for around 3 minute mark

This guy is a monster

There's a lot more of these on youtube, just thought I'd share a couple.

I gotta say these guys physique's are impressive for strictly using bodyweight excercises and weight vests.

Obviously your not gonna get any lower body benefits from this, but its pretty impressive nonetheless. These guys upper bodies are entirely shredded. Back, chest, arms, abs, all from doing monkey bar workouts.

If you couldn't afford a gym membership/ home gym equipment, would any of you stroll down to the local elementary school and give this a shot?
    Man this is BS, Im from the f*ckin hood and dont know anyone doing this... North Long Beach CA to be exact, I don't stay there anymore but those guys in those video obviously trained somewhere else... not a playground. strong yes, but they didnt get it from the f*ckin monkey bars
    :)

Originally Posted by HipFlip View Post
    Man this is BS, Im from the f*ckin hood and dont know anyone doing this... North Long Beach CA to be exact, I don't stay there anymore but those guys in those video obviously trained somewhere else... not a playground. strong yes, but they didnt get it from the f*ckin monkey bars
    Maybe its an east coast thing, I think both the 2 dudes I posted are from NYC

I know for sure Beast Mode is.

Point is, you can go on youtube and see dozens of videos of people doin the same thing.

Just cuz you don't see people doin it doesn't mean it doesn't happen lol

Also if you read some of the comments on these videos, there's a lot of people who are doing the same workouts who are commenting on the videos

Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm always VERY impressed by people that can do crazy things that require A LOT of core strength.

chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisboudreaux is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    it has been posted before.

kojic. is not very helpful. (-500) kojic. is not very helpful. (-500) kojic. is not very helpful. (-500) kojic. is not very helpful. (-500) kojic. is not very helpful. (-500) kojic. is not very helpful. (-500) kojic. is not very helpful. (-500) kojic. is not very helpful. (-500) kojic. is not very helpful. (-500) kojic. is not very helpful. (-500) kojic. is not very helpful. (-500)
    it's just black genetics

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    "This **** is bananaz"

Seen it before, deffently need insane strength to perform some of those exercises.

supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Oh of course... this guy hasn't seen it, everyone, so it must be fake. You heard it here first.

Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've seen loads of urban playground workout vids on youtube, they're awesome. I couldn't train there all the time, might make a nice change from hitting the gym all the time though,
    “Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it ... he who doesn't ... pays it.”

-Albert Einstein

Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by supern0va View Post
    Oh of course... this guy hasn't seen it, everyone, so it must be fake. You heard it here first.
    lol....yeah, and I can't imagine other "hoods" exist outside of his.....
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter

-Winston Churchill

HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Skwidward View Post
    lol....yeah, and I can't imagine other "hoods" exist outside of his.....
    stfu.. make training progress videos then b*tch and prove it. those mofos just happen to be at a playground making videos.. use common sense ass

nickolas388 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickolas388 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickolas388 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickolas388 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickolas388 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickolas388 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickolas388 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickolas388 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickolas388 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickolas388 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nickolas388 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    stfu.. make training progress videos then b*tch and prove it. those mofos just happen to be at a playground making videos.. use common sense ass
    of course its possible they just went to a playground and made a video, but its not necessarily true. iv seen people working out on playgrounds before, its not really a rare occurrence in nyc. gym memberships are VERY expensive in the city, and not everyone can afford them.

every month or so (when the weather is right) ill dedicate a week to working out just on playgrounds. ill ride my bike to each playground to get a nice warm up. with different playgrounds comes different challenges and ways of doing different exercises. its actually a great plateau breaker, and can offer different ways of doing exercises that your gym with the same equipment cannot. id suggest everyone give it a try.

-nick

tx_rican is a name known to all. (+5000) tx_rican is a name known to all. (+5000) tx_rican is a name known to all. (+5000) tx_rican is a name known to all. (+5000) tx_rican is a name known to all. (+5000) tx_rican is a name known to all. (+5000) tx_rican is a name known to all. (+5000) tx_rican is a name known to all. (+5000) tx_rican is a name known to all. (+5000) tx_rican is a name known to all. (+5000) tx_rican is a name known to all. (+5000)
    lolol

aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50) aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50) aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50) aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50) aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50) aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50) aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50) aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50) aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50) aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50) aliquis will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well...

What about 3.36-3.44, 4.47 and 5.10-5.28 (three positions but so close to eachother anyway) in this video?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUmHp0_1bmQ

Also watch this one:

And if you haven't seen them already these two are always great to:

The last one is just so full of life. Love it.
    Last edited by aliquis; 04-05-2010 at 06:40 AM.

Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skwidward is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't have to prove ****, for I did not make any claims. You are the one with the claim and no proof. The fact that you are "from the hood" and that you haven't seen people workingout at playgrounds is irrelevant to your argument. That's like me saying kids don't train to play soccor on soccor fields because I live near one and I've never seem them. That's ridiculous. My post rather than disagreeing or agreeing with you was was just me laughing at you.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter

-Winston Churchill

Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ThaWorldIsYours View Post
    Maybe its an east coast thing, I think both the 2 dudes I posted are from NYC

I know for sure Beast Mode is.

Point is, you can go on youtube and see dozens of videos of people doin the same thing.

Just cuz you don't see people doin it doesn't mean it doesn't happen lol

Also if you read some of the comments on these videos, there's a lot of people who are doing the same workouts who are commenting on the videos
    i like the way these dudes break it down. first time i've ever seen a tutorial style of this stuff.

and for all the white boys in the suburbs, haven't y'all heard of Parcourse or FitTrail? you can find all this "playground" stuff in your local parks. (sometimes around hospitals too) last summer i was hitting them about once a week in addition to 2 or 3 times in the gym. it's a nice way to mix things up, get some fresh air and a free tan.
    "I'm Mr. Beast, the big bad Fenris wolf, I'm The-End-of-the-World-Man, wearing the flesh of fallen angels!" - Jack Lupino

"after the 3rd set he vomited, after the 4th set, he vomited really, really hard, I did not have him perform a 5th set" - Keith Wassung

TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    why you so mad? Your the bi**h for gettin so hyped up about some videos that were posted in the exercise section of a forum on the internet.
    You know its time to do something about your body when you are getting bertstared on the regular

its not how much u can lift, its rather how much you look like you can lift.

What doesn't kill me..... AbAbber2k's Avatar
    AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000)
    Is this guy for real? O.o

Can't see the videos right now, but I've seen plenty in the past from Calisthenicz Kingz and Hannibal for King. You absolutely can build a good body with bodyweight exercise alone. I'd love to see you train to do flags, planches and levers doing deadlifts and bench pressing. Good luck with that. Your 1000lbs+ total dead/squat/press means dick. I know a ton of guys with huge lifts, not one of them can hold a lever because their core strength sucks and they've never trained those movements.
    ACSM Certified Personal Trainer
    AKC Kettlebell Coach, CST Coach
    BS Kinesiology, Washington State University

Originally Posted by AbAbber2k View Post
    Is this guy for real? O.o

Can't see the videos right now, but I've seen plenty in the past from Calisthenicz Kingz and Hannibal for King. You absolutely can build a good body with bodyweight exercise alone. I'd love to see you train to do flags, planches and levers doing deadlifts and bench pressing. Good luck with that. Your 1000lbs+ total dead/squat/press means dick. I know a ton of guys with huge lifts, not one of them can hold a lever because their core strength sucks and they've never trained those movements.
    lol, im just messin.. I like to stir things up for nothing for my own personal amusement
    Last edited by HipFlip; 04-05-2010 at 03:19 PM.

ocpunkelite86 is just really nice. (+1000) ocpunkelite86 is just really nice. (+1000) ocpunkelite86 is just really nice. (+1000) ocpunkelite86 is just really nice. (+1000) ocpunkelite86 is just really nice. (+1000) ocpunkelite86 is just really nice. (+1000) ocpunkelite86 is just really nice. (+1000) ocpunkelite86 is just really nice. (+1000) ocpunkelite86 is just really nice. (+1000) ocpunkelite86 is just really nice. (+1000) ocpunkelite86 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Im guessing alot of you never been into a gymnastic gym?

Guys do crazy stuff like that all day long... most have never lifted weights a day in their life

Br0ns0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Br0ns0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Br0ns0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Br0ns0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Br0ns0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Br0ns0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Br0ns0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Br0ns0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Br0ns0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Br0ns0n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Br0ns0n is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That's impressive!

Benching freight trains HotGhettoMess's Avatar
    HotGhettoMess will become famous soon enough. (+50) HotGhettoMess will become famous soon enough. (+50) HotGhettoMess will become famous soon enough. (+50) HotGhettoMess will become famous soon enough. (+50) HotGhettoMess will become famous soon enough. (+50) HotGhettoMess will become famous soon enough. (+50) HotGhettoMess will become famous soon enough. (+50) HotGhettoMess will become famous soon enough. (+50) HotGhettoMess will become famous soon enough. (+50) HotGhettoMess will become famous soon enough. (+50) HotGhettoMess will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

lol, im just messin.. I like to stir things up for nothing for my own personal amusement
    Nice attempt at backpedaling to save face.

Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    theyre black obviously they can do crazy sh.itt like this ahahah. prob were born with those huge muscles (no offense to anyone)
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit"---Aristotle

I REP BACK

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=476414291#post476414291

youtube channel----http://www.youtube.com/user/dschnizzle24

You can't sculpt a pebble Metal_Lust's Avatar
    Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000) Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000) Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000) Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000) Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000) Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000) Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000) Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000) Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000) Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000) Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000)
    I like climbing and doing pull ups at parks for fun/excercise. Nothing like these guys though haha that's forsure.
    Bodybuilders, Power lifters, Olympic lifters: We are ALL weight lifters!
    Enough with all the bull****.

"I want be able to do a bunch of different activities and still kick ass in the weight room. I want to be as mobile, flexible, strong, and in as good a condition as I possibly can."-Jim Wendler

forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    not much leg work showing

Originally Posted by HotGhettoMess View Post
    Nice attempt at backpedaling to save face.
    lol FML.. I was intoxicated when I posted. I didn't even watch the videos until today, I just wanted to talk smack at the time.. I apologize? Yea I can be retarded at times, I am only a man. :P

dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

5 star thread, I have posted the hannible for king vid on this forum many times before. I haven't seen most of the other vids, very entertaining stuff indeed and I do add some of those weird exercises into my routine.
    Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139898123&page=240