Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    How is the back?
    It's really had a negative effect on my ego, that and being sick earlier so I'm on an antibiotic that has awful side effects, luckily the back is getting better slowly and I only have 5 more days of this anti biotic. Still hit the gym today though with some light stuff, calfs, chins, dips, laterals(I know C&P is not about laterals but they work for me and I can't OHP with my back being all fuked up). I've lost a good amount of strength from all this crap and 7+ pounds, so I've decided when I get better I'll be hitting the gym extremely hard/frequent C&P style for most of the summer Don't quote me on this but I might start a log.
    Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139898123&page=240

Location: N.Ireland - Scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have an appointment at the local NHS hostpital next month. It'll probably be better by then
    not that they would pick it up anyway!
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves…" - Dao de Ching

The biggest secret in life is not that we go through life discovering ourselves but that we go through life creating our selves. Think about that.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Weights 85.4

DB Press 18(12,12,12,14)
    EZ Bar Curl 3x8x45

Random overhead squats up to 40kg. My shoulder limits this - I have to snatch the weight rather than clean and press it.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Weight: 85.6

Front Squat:
    10x1x97.5
    3x1x100 -- hehe this was my 1RM last month

DB Bench press 23kg: 12,12,10,11

Ab Wheel (feet/band) 1x10xRed

Now I think I have strained my infraspinatus in my left shoulder FML

matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    nice work on the front squats

how'd you strain the other shoulder?!
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves…" - Dao de Ching

The biggest secret in life is not that we go through life discovering ourselves but that we go through life creating our selves. Think about that.

Originally Posted by matt297 View Post
    nice work on the front squats

how'd you strain the other shoulder?!
    *sigh* - I think it was the cuban rotations the other day... which is ridiculous because it is supposed to be to help protect the shoulder! I think I put too much weight on the bar.

It's not as bad as the right shoulder problem, I think it's just a simple strain (whereas the other is tendonitis) which should only take a couple of weeks to heal. I don't like the idea of building up scar tissue in my shoulders though.

dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Aww fuk, not another injury

I hope its not too bad and heals fast for you bro, I HATE injury's. I decided I'm not going to be doing any crazy stretches anymore because I'm pretty sure that's what caused my back issue. You still got that appointment for the hospital? Hopefully your shoulders will be better by then, but maybe they'll give you some good info you could use and share with us too Get better soon

Well the new strain doesn't seem to affect lifting much which is good news.

Weight 85.9

Barbell Row 10x3x97.5
    DB overhead press 5x8x20.5

3.5 mile bike ride

Ugh

I have had a stomach bug so no training. Weight down to 84kg. At least I can eat again this morning. Supposed to be going camping for 3 days but looks like that will have to wait.

I've been to see the phsio

Apparently my shoulder problem is not the joint or the rotator cuff muscles, I have full mobility and good strength in all of them - and no impingement. I've had an xray done but she expects that to be negative. It is probably more related to neck muscles, in particular the top of the trapezius - which inserts near the neck and deltoid.

I have a posture issue - shoulderblades not in the right place and shoulders too hunched forwards... so I'm going to be getting some physiotherapy and will do my own research too.

beersandwich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beersandwich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beersandwich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beersandwich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beersandwich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beersandwich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beersandwich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beersandwich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beersandwich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beersandwich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beersandwich has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    nice log ive read his blog its fukin awesome lol.

i think he does 15x1 but hey whatever works for u.

i started this and hurt my shoulder benching heavy so im just doing a rep program atm when im better i will be doing this stuff its awesome.

Hi. I hope your shoulder problem is not like my shoulder problem. I should point out that I had the issue before I started C+P. I am never going to bench to chest again

Weight: 85kg

Deadlift 3x1x157.5, 1x150, 3x3x130, 1x3x130 -- hamstring cramping from cycling at the weekend

Band Pushdown 10x4xGreen+Red

Pullaparts: high reps with plain and red bands

So its not your shoulder then? With NHS cutbacks as they are your x-ray might have been a sketch by an arts and drama student.

I suppose you can look at stretching and whatever else for the neck/traps and see if that helps.

Yeah, I'm sure I previouly found an article about exercises and stretches that can correct the shoulderblade position problem - can't find them now bah

Well ****, that's good news your RC's are fine. I wonder if strengthening your Traps/Back would help pull your shoulders back, I bet it would help at least. Keep us updated on the stretches/exercise you'll be doing to fix this posture issue, I'm interested.

Originally Posted by dopamine72 View Post
    Well ****, that's good news your RC's are fine. I wonder if strengthening your Traps/Back would help pull your shoulders back, I bet it would help at least. Keep us updated on the stretches/exercise you'll be doing to fix this posture issue, I'm interested.
    I have some physio sessions to come so I'll post what I find out there. My back is stronger than my chest unlike most people so I think it's probably down to posture habits. Especially from spending so long in front of a computer - laptops are the worst because the screen is not at your eyeline.

Weight: 85.4

Jumpset 1:
    Behind Neck Push Press 8x3x70 -- Another 2.5kg increment but the weight is becoming unwieldy so I couldn't get 10 sets. I am REALLY going to have to gain some weight.
    Dumbell Curl 8x5x20.5

Jumpset 2:
    Pullthrough Green band 3x15
    DB Press 3x10x20.5

I think I'm fighting against the after-effects of my stomach bug but still got progression in all exercises. Never back down.
    Weight: 85.3kg

Box Squat 10x3x122.5

DB Bench Press 23: 12,12,12,15
    Unlilateral clean and jerk: 3x3x23.5
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 06-10-2010 at 09:39 AM.

Weight: 86

Weighted Chins 10x3x25
    Ab Wheel (feet/band) 10x2xPlain band

Press up (feet on bench) 2x20

Weight: 86

Jumpset:
    Behind Neck Push Press 10x3x70
    Band curl: 5x5xGreen -- Had to stop because "the pump" was actually hurting my arms WTF

Band pullaparts: 4 sets with red or plain
    Lateral raises: 9kg: 5, 6.5kg: 15,12

Not feeling on top form today

Weight: 86.2

Front Squat 92.5: 6x3, 1x2 -- failed on 7th set. Burnout set: 60:12
    BB bench Press 50: 10,8,8,8

-- the return of the bench press! I discovered that I was getting position of my shoulders wrong before which may have contributed to my injury. I was squeezing my shoulder blades together and then pushing my shoulders down towards my feet. I should have been pushing them back towards my ears.

This is going to be a long road back when I can't do sets of 10 with 50kg...
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 06-13-2010 at 04:38 AM.

This is going to be a long road back when I can't do sets of 10 with 50kg...
    Dont worry man. You'll jump up in numbers once you get in to the groove.

I suggest if you feel like you're about to fail on a set, stop it immediately, failure training and CnP don't really mix. Don't let the bench press issue get you down, there's always some BS that gets in the way of our lifting and or some weakness we have to work on. After getting better from my sickness and back problem, I got arrested last Friday and spent over 24 hours in jail. I was pissed, but I'm going to try and hit the gym hard today even though I'm tired as hell and haven't had much to eat. I bet if you work at the bench press CnP style you'll progress fast. I can give you 2 good vids regarding bench press form if you haven't seen them, one is the Dave Tate vid and the other ones called something like, how to bench properly and save shoulders. Once I started using that form combined with CnP, my bench shot up.

Originally Posted by dopamine72 View Post
    I suggest if you feel like you're about to fail on a set, stop it immediately, failure training and CnP don't really mix. Don't let the bench press issue get you down, there's always some BS that gets in the way of our lifting and or some weakness we have to work on. After getting better from my sickness and back problem, I got arrested last Friday and spent over 24 hours in jail. I was pissed, but I'm going to try and hit the gym hard today even though I'm tired as hell and haven't had much to eat. I bet if you work at the bench press CnP style you'll progress fast. I can give you 2 good vids regarding bench press form if you haven't seen them, one is the Dave Tate vid and the other ones called something like, how to bench properly and save shoulders. Once I started using that form combined with CnP, my bench shot up.
    Woah! What did you get arrested for? You don't have to answer that if you don't want to.

I have seen the Dave Tate vid but I wouldn't mind seeing the second one.

Maybe I should bench again today then

Weight: 86.1

Jumpset:

Barbell Row 10 x 3 x 100kg

Clean and jerk
    46kg: 3
    51kg: 3
    56kg: 2
    61kg: 1
    66kg: 1
    71kg: 1
    73.5kg: 1 -- My first PR in this lift
    66kg: 1,1

Didn't do bench as I was too tired - tomorrow I promise

Woah! What did you get arrested for? You don't have to answer that if you don't want to.
    yes he does

yes he does
    Basically my brother was being hypocritical, so I called him out on it not raising my voice, then he begins to raise his voice. He starts yelling at me to hit him, and gets in my face. I have been to jail before 3 years ago for battery so I know if I hit him I'm ****ed, so I try and scare him the best I can by saying I could easily beat the **** out of him and slit his throat. Yes I know that's ****ed up and I probably deserved what I got, I would never do anything like that, the point was just to make him wet his pants. Anyways he pretty much did wet his pants or at least cry pretty hard, went crazy and called the cops on me and 4 cops show up at my door step on Friday afternoon for my whole neighborhoods viewing pleasure. I got arrested for what they call a Terrorist threat, and that's pretty much it. I spent just over 24 hours in that **** hole before I made bail. Didn't sleep or eat anything and I still feel like crap today. My bro is 18 and he's a beta *******.

It was partially my fault and I except responsibility for what I did and I know it takes at least 2 people to fight. Next time something like this happens I'm going to ignore him and prob leave.

God, that is uber lame. "terrorist" threat my arse - that kind of thing makes you want to march against these kind of police state bullsh!t laws.

And your brother needs to let his balls drop and do some C&P lifting

Ah well, I guess it puts my problems in perspective...

Haha, indeed. I just want to forget about this whole thing and move on. I'm glad you're continuing to post your daily CnP workout because that helps me get motivated to hit the gym. I'm planning on lifting harder than I ever have in my life now and maybe even lifting 2x a day. What kind of music do you listen to btw, I find blasting some rock/metal while I'm lifting really motivates me.

How is that a "terrorist threat"?!

That sucks man. Hey we all get into shit from time to time. Especially with family and particularly siblings. This one just got a lil overboard. you playe dthe right card not taking it any further.

So is that the end of it or is your brother going to press any charges or what?

How is that a "terrorist threat"?!

That sucks man. Hey we all get into shit from time to time. Especially with family and particularly siblings. This one just got a lil overboard. you playe dthe right card not taking it any further.

So is that the end of it or is your brother going to press any charges or what?
    Nah, he realized that he overdid it by calling the cops, and costing my dad $$$ for bail which he could barely afford. If the DA presses charges I could go back to jail, so I'm really worried about that and won't have any money for bail if it happens. I have a court date in Aug. so hopefully that will go well, my bro is not pressing charges and I'm going to plead not guilty so I should get out of it.