Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Location: N.Ireland - Scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You've probably seen this already but if its any use have a look at the first post in this thread. There's a few 'shoulder saver' vids avec foam rolling and so on.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=123273471
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves…" - Dao de Ching

The biggest secret in life is not that we go through life discovering ourselves but that we go through life creating our selves. Think about that.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TexAss View Post
    Foam rolling is the tits.

Get a lacrosse ball to use on pecs/shoulders though
    I tried the tennis ball under the rotator cuff. Ouch! Unbelieveable amount of pain compared to only moderate amounts of pain in my legs and hips. I am going to have to take this slowly but I think I have found the key...

Originally Posted by matt297 View Post
    You've probably seen this already but if its any use have a look at the first post in this thread. There's a few 'shoulder saver' vids avec foam rolling and so on.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=123273471
    Yeah, that's where I saw it. I am a classic case - kyphosis posture, sitting in front of computer keyboards without elbow support, using mouse without elbow support.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Another interesting thing I've learned is that many shoulder and neck problems come from an overly rigid thoracic spine. I am now doing thoracic glides essentially sticking your chest out and then drawing it back in to round your upper back - keeping shoulders relaxed and lower back still. I've already noticed improvement in neck pain. My shoulders now feel totally normal except for the localised pain of the supraspinatus inflammation.

Weight: 86.3

Deadlift 10 x 1 x 155kg
    Band Pushdown 10 x 3 x G+R - more of a power movemement, impossible to do slowly (until I get stronger)

Unilateral clean and jerk 10 x 16kg - never tried this before Used my cheapo olympic bar

TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    tape two tennis balls together to get at thoracic area better for mobility, you might find a video of what I mean. I can't think of what they are called atm. The motion is similar to a crunch w/ the balls under your thoracic vertebrae.

Also,
    quadraped extension-rotation
    side-lying extension-rotation
    *No Crew*

Originally Posted by TexAss View Post
    tape two tennis balls together to get at thoracic area better for mobility, you might find a video of what I mean. I can't think of what they are called atm. The motion is similar to a crunch w/ the balls under your thoracic vertebrae.

Also,
    quadraped extension-rotation
    side-lying extension-rotation
    Indeed I've had a look at those soft tissue works. I like to do some active movements too. There is no doubt that myofascial release techniques work but as mc- was telling me, they are passive and your body does not learn anything from doing them, more like a quick fix. Having said that I will probably do both - I am interested in Z-health but I'm always slow to spend money .

Good session today

Weight 85.9 -- going on a weekend break so no workouts plus plenty of food should kick this up a bit I hope

Behind Neck Push Press 10 x 3 x 62.5kg
    Barbell Row 10 x 3 x 96kg

Hanging leg raise 3x10
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 05-14-2010 at 06:25 AM.

matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matt297 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How do you find the hanging leg raises on your shoulder? Also, you have any trouble stopping the swing at the bottom of the movement?
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves…" - Dao de Ching

The biggest secret in life is not that we go through life discovering ourselves but that we go through life creating our selves. Think about that.

How do you find the hanging leg raises on your shoulder? Also, you have any trouble stopping the swing at the bottom of the movement?
    No problem as my feet reach the floor. It's very odd because I can do most weight training moves but I tried playing badminton at the weekend and the very first swing of the racket was agony. It seems fast and jerky movements are out.

I went away so I didn't train for 2 days! I did do some mountain biking, swimming and walking however... and ate beef jerky when everyone else was snacking on chocolates and stuff.

Day off yesterday - had a virus

Weight: 85.3kg

Box squat: 10 x 3 x 120kg - not bad considering

Couldn't do any chest exercise because of shoulder. Did lateral raises for supraspinatus.

85.8kg

Weighted Chins 10 x 3 x 22.5 - switched to natural grip for forearm comfort

Jumpset:
    Ab Wheel (feet/band) 10 x 1 x Plain -- smallest band! When I can get 5 of these, I'll try no band at all...
    Skull Crusher 10 x 3 x 45

dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I had a virus too, it wrecked me for 3 days, I'm trying to get better fast and might or might not lift today, I think its better just to rest up if you're sick. Are you doing the ab wheel from a standing position or from knees? I do it from the knees and need to start training with it more until I can get a standing one(One of my many goals).

One thing I have noticed from C&P training is it can get hard on your joints after a while. I don't have any serious problems but I notice some shoulder pain here and there, along with some very mild knee and elbow soreness. I'm going to keep doing this training for another month or so, then I think I am going to try out the 5-3-1 program. Out of all the programs I have looked at, this seems to be one of the most effective programs and I think it will give my joints a break for a while. This doesn't mean I'm giving up on C&P at all, I think that program is amazing and very productive, I'm just going to switch things up for a while, I know I'll get back to some C&P eventually
    Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139898123&page=227

Originally Posted by dopamine72 View Post
    I had a virus too,
    Its everywhere man. Serious global pandemic

I had a virus too, it wrecked me for 3 days, I'm trying to get better fast and might or might not lift today, I think its better just to rest up if you're sick. Are you doing the ab wheel from a standing position or from knees? I do it from the knees and need to start training with it more until I can get a standing one(One of my many goals).

One thing I have noticed from C&P training is it can get hard on your joints after a while. I don't have any serious problems but I notice some shoulder pain here and there, along with some very mild knee and elbow soreness. I'm going to keep doing this training for another month or so, then I think I am going to try out the 5-3-1 program. Out of all the programs I have looked at, this seems to be one of the most effective programs and I think it will give my joints a break for a while. This doesn't mean I'm giving up on C&P at all, I think that program is amazing and very productive, I'm just going to switch things up for a while, I know I'll get back to some C&P eventually
    I'm doing the ab wheel from standing - but with a band hanging from my chinup bar to support my stomach. The small band is supposedly only providing 16lbs of support so it hopefully won't be long until I'm doing it unsupported.

I wonder why your joints are hurting? Exercise choice? Warmup issues? I haven't had any problems except that I get a tweaky elbow from use of a bar for low rep curls and skulls. So I use DBs or bands instead sometimes

It will be interesting to see how 5/3/1 compares... I certainly am going to stick to C&P for the forseeable future

Jumpset:
    Behind Neck Push Press 10x3x65 - I've added 2.5 to this every time I've done it...
    DB band curl 10x5xBlue

Power Clean form practice 10x40, 10x45, 10x50

HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Looking good man! CnP training has been calling to me, i followed for a bit back in oct. made some nice strength gains.

I like your log, subbd and will definitely be checking back in.

dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I'm doing the ab wheel from standing - but with a band hanging from my chinup bar to support my stomach. The small band is supposedly only providing 16lbs of support so it hopefully won't be long until I'm doing it unsupported.

I wonder why your joints are hurting? Exercise choice? Warmup issues? I haven't had any problems except that I get a tweaky elbow from use of a bar for low rep curls and skulls. So I use DBs or bands instead sometimes

It will be interesting to see how 5/3/1 compares... I certainly am going to stick to C&P for the forseeable future
    I'll have to try that with the bands, you know any good websites to pick up some cheaper ones? I've been meaning to set up a little ramp with my bench on a decline and some plywood, that's also another way of doing the wheel with some added leverage, basically you just role foreword onto a ramp if you get what I'm saying. My joints are mildly sore, its really not that bad at all, I have given them a little break too from being sick and just resting, so that combined with some animal flex should make them feel great

Originally Posted by HumanHorrorFilm View Post
    Looking good man! CnP training has been calling to me, i followed for a bit back in oct. made some nice strength gains.

I remember your log from a while ago, what type of lifting have you been doing lately?

Welcome If all goes well, I'm going to be training like this for a long while to come...

I'll have to try that with the bands, you know any good websites to pick up some cheaper ones?
    Well I'm in the UK where this kind of stuff is more expensive and harder to get so that doesn't help you I guess. I got mine here:
    http://www.pullum-sports.co.uk/acces...ds/cat_16.html

Front Squat 10x3x90 -- oh my, that last set was brutal

Jumpset:
    DB Bench press 20.5: 15,15,13,8 -- it seems some days my shoulder is happy, other times not
    Face pull 3x10xG

Welcome If all goes well, I'm going to be training like this for a long while to come...

Well I'm in the UK where this kind of stuff is more expensive and harder to get so that doesn't help you I guess. I got mine here:
    http://www.pullum-sports.co.uk/acces...ds/cat_16.html
    I guess I'll do some searching myself then. And are all the telephone numbers in the UK that many digits? lol

Also I think this is what Texass was talking about, I tried it and it feels pretty good.

I also like Joe DeFranco's upper body warm up vid on that Mobility/flexibility link. Good Shiit.

I'm not doing the rollering at the moment. I've taken on board the Z-health ideas that active movements are better than passive manipulations - and you should not inflict pain on yourself. I am doing their neural warm up each morning (which includes thoracic glides). I can't post it here because it's copyrighted.

Weight: 86.3kg

I have never maxed out my row - the most I'd used was 95kg.

Barbell Row:
    5 x 60, 3 x 80,
    singles: 90, 100, 105, 110, 115, 120 - form really going to pot at the end...
    burnout sets: 10 x 90, 8 x 90

Unlilateral clean and jerk:
    3 x 16
    3 x 18.5,
    4 x 3 x 21 -- balance issues in left hand - bar keeps touching my shoulder to steady it

EZ bar cuban rotation 2 x 8 x 15kg

OK, reducing calories to 2400 or so for two weeks.

Weight: 87kg

Jumpset:
    Deadlift 9x3x147.5 -- this is +2.5kg and +1 set since I last did triples. Good.
    Band Pushdown G+P: 8x3 and 1x13 -- just having a break between deads really...

4.5 miles on roadbike

I think I'm going to do light cardio after heavy sessions because the idea is that the anerobic work frees up stubborn fat stores and the LISS is to make sure it gets burned and not re-stored. This from an idea by Lyle McD.

Now for 5x giant chicken drumsticks with cayenne pepper and chorizo

Thumbs up

Strong work on the rows and deadlifts. good job

Thanks Matt.

Weight 86.5 -- first day in depleted calorie state. OK so far.

Behind Neck Push Press 10x3x67.5 -- up again...
    Weighted Chins 10x3x23.75 -- up again...

Clean and Jerk for time w/ 40kg (15 reps in 2:10)

4.5 miles on bike

Thumbs up

86kg -- have probably reached 'base' weight for dieting now.

Box Squat 10x3x121 - +1kg from last time, hey it's still progression

DB Bench press 23: 10,10,10,12 -- felt OK after light warm up but getting the DBs into position can hurt a little bit. Maybe I should look for some DB power hooks.
    Face pull (bands): 3x10xGreen

HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I remember your log from a while ago, what type of lifting have you been doing lately?
    Ive been running 5/3/1 with some Chaos and Pain principles on assistance exercises. Might go full fledged again after my meet next month

[QUOTE=SuffolkPunch;493437981]Welcome If all goes well, I'm going to be training like this for a long while to come...
    QUOTE]

Good stuff, best part of CnP is how adaptable it is to any type of schedule, etc.

Training is looking awesome man.

Bear 3x5x45 -- bah I wanted 5 sets but ... next time dammit
    Snatch 2x5x45
    Hanging leg raise 2x10

Weight: 85.6

Jumpset:
    Power Clean 10x3x70
    Skull Crusher 10x4x45

Ouch, I don't think my shoulder is ready for powercleans yet - although I think they will be good for me once it's better.

Ouch, I don't think my shoulder is ready for powercleans yet - although I think they will be good for me once it's better.
    Is all the mobility stuff helping then?

Also - lulz at your new user title

Ive been running 5/3/1 with some Chaos and Pain principles on assistance exercises. Might go full fledged again after my meet next month
    Cool, how well did 5-3-1 work for you?

And Suffolk, are you losing body fat while gaining strength/muscle? Sure sounds like you are which is incredible

Is all the mobility stuff helping then?

Also - lulz at your new user title
    Yep, the z-health neural warmup is excellent. I had a sore neck which it fixed almost overnight. So now all that's left is the tendonitis. That's not an official diagnosis yet - just what I think. I have an appointment at the local NHS hostpital next month. It'll probably be better by then

And Suffolk, are you losing body fat while gaining strength/muscle? Sure sounds like you are which is incredible
    I think that happened since I started the program - since my bodyweight hasn't changed and I'm easily stronger in lots of different exercises. If I tested my front squat tomorrow, I reckon I could throw another 5 or 10kg on there.

I have only been dieting @ 2400 calories for just under a week. So to be fair, it's too early to say if that is affecting my strength. I doubt it will based on the way I feel.

How is the back?