Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    acanizales has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acanizales has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acanizales has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acanizales has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acanizales has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acanizales has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acanizales has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acanizales has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acanizales has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acanizales has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acanizales has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Do You Scream When You Lift? I sure do.

Hey I was just wondering if you guys screamed when doing really grueling sets like squats or dead-lifts or any exercise that you are giving it all you got. I grunt and turn red and involuntarily make sounds. I'm not yelling at the top of my lungs but if you hear me you may laugh a little.
    I love to feed.

RTVOB

NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by acanizales View Post
    Hey I was just wondering if you guys screamed when doing really grueling sets like squats or dead-lifts or any exercise that you are giving it all you got. I grunt and turn red and involuntarily make sounds. I'm not yelling at the top of my lungs but if you hear me you may laugh a little.
    Occasionally I scream. I grunt and make weird facial expressions when I lift heavy for deadlift and squat. I make sexual sounding grunts that I make when I play tennis when I lift hard. Sadly guys tend to stare when I do that.

T.KELL will become famous soon enough. (+50) T.KELL will become famous soon enough. (+50) T.KELL will become famous soon enough. (+50) T.KELL will become famous soon enough. (+50) T.KELL will become famous soon enough. (+50) T.KELL will become famous soon enough. (+50) T.KELL will become famous soon enough. (+50) T.KELL will become famous soon enough. (+50) T.KELL will become famous soon enough. (+50) T.KELL will become famous soon enough. (+50) T.KELL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I SCREAM SUUUUUPER LOUD. lmao. at first everyone looked at me and my good buds who are really into bodybuilding joked around about it but now i don't think anyone looks surprised anymore......i def. do when squating and benching too.
    -U.S.A.F.

-Chalk > Straps

-Squat-455lbs
    -Bench-305lbs
    -Deadlift-445lbs

2 B Tan is 2 B Glorious! SipNPiz's Avatar
    SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SipNPiz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i make a noise like a HKS SSQV BOV lol

(not srs)
    STEM Wagie Brah

CornFed66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CornFed66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CornFed66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CornFed66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CornFed66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CornFed66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CornFed66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CornFed66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CornFed66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CornFed66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CornFed66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    oh yea, ill let out involuntary grunts, sometimes they echo around the gym and everyone looks at me.
    Lose the fear of being tired

Has the pride of lions. lionpride's Avatar
    lionpride is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionpride is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionpride is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionpride is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionpride is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionpride is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionpride is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionpride is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionpride is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionpride is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lionpride is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by NeedPerfection View Post
    Sadly guys tend to stare when I do that.
    Yeah whatever you love it.
    MISC Anti-*******ry Crew

~AMC~

Negs on sight: slimjimmacdim, Codo

Shreder54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Shreder54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Shreder54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Shreder54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Shreder54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Shreder54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Shreder54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Shreder54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Shreder54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Shreder54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Shreder54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah usually my gym is empty and idgf so I have started grunting, and since I have my headphones in I no longer care to control it. Was doin some squats today and was yelling like a bitch. I don't care anymore if someone thinks I'm a dbag. My buddy like screams though and I always laugh at his ass.
    Misc med crew~~

corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i lift my arms and point to the heavens, then mumble something something. then i let out a death metal style gorgasm of gutteral goodness while performing the lift. this all helps me lift the really big stuff. the best thing is my gym is at home and i can look as much of a dork as i want
    "The more sand that has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it."

**KNEE DRAGGERS UNITE**
    06 R1 raven
    02 CBR1100xx
    02 DRZ 400s

Omn1c1d3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omn1c1d3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omn1c1d3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omn1c1d3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omn1c1d3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omn1c1d3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omn1c1d3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omn1c1d3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omn1c1d3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omn1c1d3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omn1c1d3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by NeedPerfection View Post
    Occasionally I scream. I grunt and make weird facial expressions when I lift heavy for deadlift and squat. I make sexual sounding grunts that I make when I play tennis when I lift hard. Sadly guys tend to stare when I do that.
    Never heard of that but... you ladies can learn a lesson from her!

williamteo will become famous soon enough. (+50) williamteo will become famous soon enough. (+50) williamteo will become famous soon enough. (+50) williamteo will become famous soon enough. (+50) williamteo will become famous soon enough. (+50) williamteo will become famous soon enough. (+50) williamteo will become famous soon enough. (+50) williamteo will become famous soon enough. (+50) williamteo will become famous soon enough. (+50) williamteo will become famous soon enough. (+50) williamteo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I grunt. Seriously, I need to lift heavy things in my shop, I would scare my customers if I were to be screaming all the time. Screaming might be motivational, but if timed wrongly saps energy - and embarrassing if the weight does not get off the ground. Cheers.

hellfire16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hehe...i guess me to..but not that loud, i would like to scream loud but i guess it's because of the gym environment that i control my screams hehe...For me the reason why i scream is because i want to release the stress when i at my peak or lifting heavy weights..also it kind of gives me extra energy for some reason i don't know...

evoscott is on a distinguished road. (+10) evoscott is on a distinguished road. (+10) evoscott is on a distinguished road. (+10) evoscott is on a distinguished road. (+10) evoscott is on a distinguished road. (+10) evoscott is on a distinguished road. (+10) evoscott is on a distinguished road. (+10) evoscott is on a distinguished road. (+10) evoscott is on a distinguished road. (+10) evoscott is on a distinguished road. (+10) evoscott is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yeah i sure do .espeially when pushing myself on sqauts etc . your not alone

On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No. I make some grunting noise on the last rep or two of bench, or when I'm on a heavy squat set, but it's never a loud disturbance, I never scream, and I always avoid dropping my weights unless I absolutely have to.

Seriously. Making noise and drawing attention does nothing for your workout. I will be honest though, sometimes in the minute or two between a big lift, I'll picture/hear something like this in my head:

Something about a Goku sream that makes you want to break ****.

HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by lionpride View Post
    Yeah whatever you love it.
    olololol
    :)

HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10) HipFlip is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SipNPiz View Post

(not srs)
    hhehe... too bad 80 percent of this forum has no idea what that is..
    :)

AnEn1gma will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnEn1gma will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnEn1gma will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnEn1gma will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnEn1gma will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnEn1gma will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnEn1gma will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnEn1gma will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnEn1gma will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnEn1gma will become famous soon enough. (+50) AnEn1gma will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm sorry, but this sh*t is annoying.....especially when 90% of the guys doing it are either using HORRIBLE form or are lifting relatively light weights.

Don't belt out a banshee scream if you're leg pressing 500lbs for 20% ROM. You're interrupting my focus and making yourself look like a complete douche.

If you're dead lifting 500lbs+, Squating 500+, Leg Pressing 1400+, benching 400+, grunts are allowed.
    FORMER bb.com customer.

FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I might grunt a little on the last rep but I find it incredibly annoying when a guy is death moaning on every rep.

Marleau12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Marleau12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Marleau12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Marleau12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Marleau12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Marleau12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Marleau12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Marleau12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Marleau12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Marleau12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Marleau12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ^^^ I agree. It usually throws me off when I'm doing my reps and a guy next to me is screaming at the top of his lungs. I usually just grunt.
    Going for 220 lb

Rep back everytime

-- R.I.P Zyzz --

"The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent."

trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For reps, no I don't scream. For maxes, I not only do it, but I heavily reccomend it.

Why?

Not only for the mental and emotional pump it gives as you lift, but think about the body's physiology as you grunt or yell.

When you roar, your body gives off a powerful exhale (which is reccomended during the concentric part of the lift). Your diaphram contracts, and most of all, your CORE attracts harder.

When your core is contracted and tight, your body is more stable, and you can transmit more power through your lift.

Just remember, don't squeal, don't scream, don't let out any verbal sounds from the nose and top of the head. ROAR, DAMNIT!!!!!!!!
    "The destiny of man is in his own soul."

ACE Certified Personal Trainer
    -feel free to message me with any questions that you may have.

cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Oh god no...
    Please don't tell me you guys are the ones at your gym thats like HEY GUYS EVERYONE LOOK AT ME I'M LIFTING WEIGHTS AND I THINK I'M SO BIG!
    Coz there's this guy at my gym... he's seriously just a disgrace... He must be approaching 30 years old and has an easy 20 kilos on me, possibly up to 30kg's on me. And he does about the same weight as me, and he just acts as if he's doing some Ronnie Coleman type weight. Like really... the guy looks like ****, lifts like **** (form), and lifts jack**** (weight). And he screams, moans and then literally throws his weight on the ground after a set. And I'm forced to just look at him and wonder how he can be so arrogant about preacher curling 3/4 of what I do with no added grunts/attention grabs needed.
    Having said that... I've always thought just ripping a goku type scream would be cool if you really needed it for like a max lift. But not when theres actually people in the gym who are there to work out, rather then your typical ego seeking idiot.

jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If the gym is empty, I'll mess around with my workout partner by making funny sounds/faces/motivational speeches when we are warming up. It improves morale and gets us redy to fuk shi up in our working sets.

T.KELL will become famous soon enough. (+50) T.KELL will become famous soon enough. (+50) T.KELL will become famous soon enough. (+50) T.KELL will become famous soon enough. (+50) T.KELL will become famous soon enough. (+50) T.KELL will become famous soon enough. (+50) T.KELL will become famous soon enough. (+50) T.KELL will become famous soon enough. (+50) T.KELL will become famous soon enough. (+50) T.KELL will become famous soon enough. (+50) T.KELL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by HipFlip View Post
    hhehe... too bad 80 percent of this forum has no idea what that is..
    HKS blow off valve?? i can't remember what the SSQV is, though i feel like i should know it.... :/
    Originally Posted by cbezz View Post
    Oh god no...
    Please don't tell me you guys are the ones at your gym thats like HEY GUYS EVERYONE LOOK AT ME I'M LIFTING WEIGHTS AND I THINK I'M SO BIG!
    yea you would hate me. i don't have that mindset but i'm pretty sure you would think i'm "your typical ego seeking idiot" hahaha.
    -U.S.A.F.

-Chalk > Straps

-Squat-455lbs
    -Bench-305lbs
    -Deadlift-445lbs

bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10) bb4arson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SipNPiz View Post

(not srs)
    good one ..but do you fart this noise out hahaha

i tend to grunt sometimes and when your working out with music i guess you dont notice how loud you do it . so i sometimes get stared upon.

BuDHa29 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BuDHa29 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BuDHa29 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BuDHa29 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BuDHa29 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BuDHa29 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yeah i scream all the time after im lifting a set & it really pumps me & gets me going for the rest of my workout.

gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gymcandykid has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I do short quick bursts when i breath out to help... sometimes i will like grunt/growl? if its like a last few reps and im really hurtin... not to the point of making everyone look over at me.
    Don't pray for lighter burdens but for stronger bodies.

metallideth is just really nice. (+1000) metallideth is just really nice. (+1000) metallideth is just really nice. (+1000) metallideth is just really nice. (+1000) metallideth is just really nice. (+1000) metallideth is just really nice. (+1000) metallideth is just really nice. (+1000) metallideth is just really nice. (+1000) metallideth is just really nice. (+1000) metallideth is just really nice. (+1000) metallideth is just really nice. (+1000)
    scream, no
    grunt, yes
    ****MISC STRENGTH CREW****

****PLANET FITNESS CREW****

****EDM CREW****

newtonoid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm pretty silent--I focus on breathing and that's about it. Maybe I'll let out a yell tomorrow for ****s and get back to you guys on how it went, haha.

Cuhh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cuhh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cuhh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cuhh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cuhh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cuhh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cuhh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cuhh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cuhh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cuhh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cuhh is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I grunt when I'm on my last few reps sometimes. It's not that I'm trying to sound tough or draw attention, it's kind of involuntary. Of course I can hold it in if I force myself to but I'd rather just let it out. It never bothered me when I used to go to a gym (I have my own equipment now.) and hear people grunting but sometimes I could hear guys yelling at the top of their lungs for 5+ seconds... That would get annoying sometimes.

I don't see why people say you're only allowed the privilege of grunting if you're lifting insane amounts of weight... Some guy on an earlier post said you're ONLY allowed to grunt if you're dead lifting 500lbs+, Squating 500+, Leg Pressing 1400+, or benching 400+. That's BS! Benching 185 is just as hard to me as 400+ is for you.
    A 250lb squat feels the same to me as a 500+lb squat does to you.
    No need to be a d*** about it just because it's easy for you... If it's honestly heavy, go 'head and grunt. I'm sick of people who think, "I'm sorry, but you can't grunt because you're not lifting a weight thats heavy to ME."
    I leave homo comments when I rep people no homo.

I play the Pokemans. Veteran since Red in '98. Send me a PM if you want to battle/trade.

<KANSAS MISC. CREW>
    Zyzz Crew
    11/17/11

NASM-CPT
    4 Year California State Girls Cross Country Qualifier
    AAU Triple Jump National Qualifier
    AAU Steeple Chase National Finalist

SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50) SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50) SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50) SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50) SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50) SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50) SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50) SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50) SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50) SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50) SEAviator will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    kinda scream deadlift for sure.. squat some times..

Grunt silenty--I think, I use my ipod--rest of exercises..

Its my way of breathing
    Dont do your best. Do whatever it takes.

mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mtsalmela80 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I guess if grunting really bothers you, you should join one of those gyms that sounds an alarm when someone makes too much noise.