CollegeGuy112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Brand New Here And I Desire Help Getting Started

Hi, I'm Bryan and I'm 20 years old. I'm am fresh on this site and I'm not really sure where to get started. I desire to get as much information as I possilbly can about the best supplements to take and training routines. I've done very little looking around on this site, but from what I've seen is people posting very detailed workout routines. I'm not sure where they get these from but I know that they seem like a lot more than what I myself of anybody I've seen in the gym do (or maybe it's not and I don't realize it). Idk if I should post pictures or what. If anybody can help me on where to get started, it would be appreciated. My desire is to transform my body, getting not only bigger and more muscular, but also less fat.

Other questions: What is this about "bulking phase" and "cutting phase" and how can you tell the difference in the routines? Should I post my "stats" even though I'm really just now trying to start?

10000FT High All The Time solidhadriel's Avatar
    solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50) solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50) solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50) solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50) solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50) solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50) solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50) solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50) solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50) solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50) solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Pictures usually help.

Since your just getting started, knowing your stats would help as well. Fill out your profile as much as you can (IE: Height/weight/Progress pic)

Are you trying to gain weight? Are you trying to lose weight? Are you trying to gain strength? Are you trying to get toned? Are you trying to do a combination of the aforementioned?

What are your goals?

Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Welcome. It seems that you have a lot of questions, which anyone starting out should. I would strongly recommend spending a few weeks in the article section of the website, reading the excellent articles stored there. This will prevent you from asking questions that the impatient people will consider 'dumb' or 'asked a thousand times already'. You can find the article database here:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.htm

Filling out your stats as thoroughly as possible and including progress pics will help people to help you. But you aren't ready to start asking questions until you've spent some time searching the article database and forums for the answer yourself. Good luck.
    Use the tools of the trade to help you. I use devices such as chalk for grip strength, gloves, wrist straps, lifting belts - if it helps you lift more, it's all good. - Ronnie Coleman, Hardcore, 2007 Triumph Books

Biggest question in bodybuilding: Whaddaya bench? As I've said before, it doesn't matter how much you bench; it matters how much you [i]look[/i] like you bench... There's no round on stage that's the benchpress round. - Bob Chicherillo, World Class Physique, CMG

HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by CollegeGuy112 View Post
    Hi, I'm Bryan and I'm 20 years old. I'm am fresh on this site and I'm not really sure where to get started. I desire to get as much information as I possilbly can about the best supplements to take and training routines. I've done very little looking around on this site, but from what I've seen is people posting very detailed workout routines. I'm not sure where they get these from but I know that they seem like a lot more than what I myself of anybody I've seen in the gym do (or maybe it's not and I don't realize it). Idk if I should post pictures or what. If anybody can help me on where to get started, it would be appreciated. My desire is to transform my body, getting not only bigger and more muscular, but also less fat.

Other questions: What is this about "bulking phase" and "cutting phase" and how can you tell the difference in the routines? Should I post my "stats" even though I'm really just now trying to start?
    You are just starting. A lot of your questions don't need to be answered at this time. Get on a good beginner's program and progress from that. You will have newb gains and they will slow down eventually, don't quit when that happens. That is when it is time to switch it up. I recommend Riptoes or a 5x5 of some sort. This will get you going, Also, get your diet in check. You can do a simple search and get multitudes of workouts like the ones I suggested.

You can't sculpt a pebble Metal_Lust's Avatar
    Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000) Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000) Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000) Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000) Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000) Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000) Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000) Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000) Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000) Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000) Metal_Lust is just really nice. (+1000)
    Make sure to check out the quality "stickies" at the top of the page. In this section, nutrition section etc.
    Bodybuilders, Power lifters, Olympic lifters: We are ALL weight lifters!
    Enough with all the bull****.

"I want be able to do a bunch of different activities and still kick ass in the weight room. I want to be as mobile, flexible, strong, and in as good a condition as I possibly can."-Jim Wendler

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Here's a few tips:
    • Read the Stickies at the top of this page
    • A good routine to start with is detailed in this thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843
    • Don't worry too much about supplements. A good whey protein is probably all you need to start with. If you want to experiment, feel free, but don't hope for any miracles.
    • Don't over-analyze every little detail. Pick a good routine, stick with it, and get enough protein & recovery.
    • There is no difference between cutting and bulking as far as routines go - no need to use a different one for each. To drop fat, eat 300-500 cals below your maintenance level per day. To bulk, do the opposite.
    • Be consistent, train with good intensity, progress your weights, eat, and recover. It's pretty much that simple.
    • Do the above, and before long you'll be able to answer your own questions based on experience.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.