Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Adventures in Weight Loss and Keto

The Chatter . . .

I started my Keto logs on my Blog page . . .but I've decided to carry them on here instead . . . just in-case anyone wants to follow or give constructive criticism! Feel free to comment, I'm open to all the help I can get!

I've been on Keto for a week today, I started Monday, January 18th. So far, it seems this diet has been very good for me. I have a lot of energy, I feel good, I've been hitting hard at the gym (both cardio and strength training) and best of all. . . I've had no major cravings to speak of.

I started at 225 lbs Monday morning. This morning I weighed in at 219. Probably mostly water weight, but I'm ok with that.

The Workouts . . .

Monday was my rest day, I figured I'd get used to the diet a bit first!

Tuesday I had my first strength training workout . . wrapped up in a "Bootcamp". It was a TBW with weighted squats, bench press, arnold press, bent over row, assisted pull-ups, box jumps, hip elevation crunches, planks, and a few others wrapped up into a circuit training type of workout. I need to get my HRM up and running so I can post how many calories I burn per workout.

Wednesday was another circuit training workout with my Trainer. Close grip bench press, flys, lots of total body movements and quick bouts of HIIT.

Thursday was a 45 minute spinning class. It was one long hill . . . 35 minutes up (auuugh) and 10 minutes down (doing standing running downhill WTF?!?!) lol Needless to say I was completely drenched and utterly exhausted.

Friday was another Circuit training workout with my Trainer. TBW with longer stretches of lower intensity cardio and some power yoga moves. (he really kills me on a daily basis).

Saturday I got out in the cold and ran 3 miles. It was rough . . but I was expecting that. I still made it in under 40 minutes . . so that's all I can ask for!

Sunday (today) was another Bootcamp . . mostly focusing on lower body. Weighted squats, squat thrusts, walking lunges, squat holds, running, and a few upper body . . side chops, upright row, and seated press on a machine. Lots of core at the end, bicycle crunches, lower body crunches holding 25lb plates and planks. auuugh. But I made it.

Nibbles . . . (Cals | Carbs | Fat | Protein)

Ok . . I don't think I'm going to catch myself up on an entire weeks worth of food. If you want to know what I ate last week, ask and I'll post . . but for now, I'm just going to start with today.

Meal 1: 2 eggs, bit of butter, cheddar cheese and coffee with creamer
    388 | 7g | 29g | 22g
    Meal 2: Post workout shake with 1.5 Tbs cream
    188 | 3g | 11g | 17g
    Meal 3: 3 cups spinach, 1 can tuna, 2 Tbs Mayo
    321 | 3g | 21g | 33g
    Meal 4: 2 Deviled Eggs (2 hard boiled eggs, 2 Tbs Mayo, pinch Colemans Mustard)
    355 | 1g | 31g | 15g
    Meal 5: Mexican spiced ground beef with Sour Cream, Cheddar Cheese, Mushrooms and a side of steamed broccoli.
    615 | 18g | 45g | 40g

This leaves me with a total of:

1846 Cals | 137g Fat | 32g carbs | 20 g net carbs | 125g Protein

Macros: 66% Fat, 27% Protein, 7% Carbs (taken from gross carbs, not net).

I'm a little low on protein, so I'll work on that today. I'm going for "coffee" with a friend, so maybe I'll try and boost it then. My carbs are RIGHT on though . . so I'm going to try my best to keep them there! LOL

Oooh . . and I'm not supposed to count my post workout shake am I. Do I not count any of it?!?! hmmm . . .

well . . .practice makes perfect right?

Have a great day everyone! Happy Sunday.
    "It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."

Randilak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Randilak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Randilak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Randilak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Randilak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Randilak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Randilak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Randilak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Randilak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Randilak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Randilak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nice to learn a bit about your "diet-life"

Good luck with the log - It'll be exciting to follow inhere

Keep it up

Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10) Limeliteshines is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Randilak View Post
    Nice to learn a bit about your "diet-life"

Good luck with the log - It'll be exciting to follow inhere

Keep it up
    Thanks! I'm going to do my best to keep up with it as much as possible. I just have to make sure this doesn't take over work. lol (probably easy to do) hehe

I'm off to plan my meals for the week . . . week #2 here I come. (there's a carb-up at the end of this one. . woohoo!)

Went for coffee with a friend and it turned into a late lunch. Good thing I hadn't eaten my lunch yet. lol I stuck almost perfect to what I had planned, so I'm pretty proud of that. AND I didn't have coffee. So no milk. YAY! (though I REALLY wanted a Mocha) *sigh* but I can wait. I was surrounded by muffins and coffee cake and bagels and carbs carbs carbs! But I was ok with my salad. So yay me! Pretty proud of that.

Week 2 - Day 1

Chatter . . .

* Happy Monday! Weighed in @ 219 again this morning. No change. I did have a 20 oz diet coke with lime last night, not sure if that has anything to do with it. That was the only 'bad' thing I had yesterday, so I'm calling it a success.

* Usually Sundays (on my previous diet) were my 'cheat' days . . . so I was worried that I'd feel deprived, but I felt none of that. I enjoyed all my meals, kept myself busy . . went out on a date and took care of some stuff around the house. All and all, a really positive weekend!

Workouts . . .

* Today is my rest day. I'm using this as an opportunity to do some shopping, get my HRM back up and running (I think it needs batteries) and get caught up on some laundry. I LOATHE doing laundry when I get home from working out. All I tend to want to do is cook dinner and go to bed! But I WILL be getting to bed early today . . gotta make sure to get up nice and early so I can make it to Bootcamp after work! B)

Nibbles . . .

Meal 1: 4 eggs, 2 pieces nitrate free sausage, 2 fish oil caps
    517 cal | 39g fat | 3g carb | 36g protein | 0 fiber

Meal 2: 1 stick string cheese, 1 cup coffee with 5tbs coffee creamer
    132 cal | 8g fat | 5g carb | 8g protein | 0 fiber

Meal 3: Spinach salad with cucumber, broccoli, sunflower seeds and ceasar dressing
    1 can tuna with 2 Tbs mayo
    591 cal | 49g fat | 9g carb | 36g protein | 3g fiber - 6g NET carb

Meal 4: 2 tbs Natty Peanut Butter
    190 cal | 18g fat | 7g carb | 7g protein | 2g fiber - 5g NET carb

Meal 5 - same as yesterday
    615 cal | 45g fat | 18g carb | 40g protein | 9g fiber - 9g NET carb

TOTALS:
    2046 cal | 158g fat | 42g carb | 127g protein | 14g fiber - 28g NET carb

Meh. Carbs are still a little high. I'm really going to have to work on dumping that coffee creamer for good. Dinner is also a little ridiculous. As you can see, I have NO issues getting my fat calories in. :P Also . . I think it might be better to even my meals out a little more . . I'm really heavy on the breakfast / lunch / dinner, but pretty light on my snacks. Think that will pose any problems? I'll have to post the macros when I get home, as my work computer blocks the 'graphs' on my nutrition tracker. lol And I'm NOT good at the math!

Randilak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Randilak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Randilak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Randilak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Randilak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Randilak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Randilak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Randilak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Randilak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Randilak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Randilak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nah - good job yesterday. It's 10grams.. you'll get there

How's your working routine?

Keep it up!

thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    All the best with Keto.
    "It's all about getting back up"

Nah - good job yesterday. It's 10grams.. you'll get there

How's your working routine?

Keep it up!
    Thanks. I tend to be a perfectionist . . . obviously yesterday didn't hurt me, as I still dropped. so. Keepin on!

Working routine? Are you talking my schedule, or my workouts?

Have a good one! I get to see if the new batteries in my HRM work today. Cross your fingers! lol

Originally Posted by thesilent1 View Post
    All the best with Keto.
    hey there, thanks for stopping by!!

Week 2 - Day 2

Chatter . . .

* Weighed in this morning @ 217.5. That's 7.5 lbs down from last Monday, and 1.5 lbs down from yesterday.

* Still feeling pretty good. Yesterday was my rest day . . and I was out shopping pretty late so I didn't get home till about 9:30. Oops. Dinner was a little late last night!

* I got my HRM battery replaced, so I'm testing it out today at Bootcamp. Hopefully it'll give me a good reading. If not, I'll probably have to buy another one.

Workouts . . .

* I wonder if I should update this in the evening, as I seem to be a day behind on workouts but not on Nutrition. lol

* Tonight will be Bootcamp - Circuit Training with a probable emphasis on arms. I really need my two guys to talk to each other because if I do arms 2 days in a row again I'm going to bonk their heads together. I'll have to start dictating what is done when cause otherwise I'm just going to over train my arms (Tuesday and Wednesday are my only back-to-back workouts, and they both like to hit arms early in the week. goobers)

YumYumYum . . .

Meal 1: 2 eggs + 2 egg whites, 2 tbs cream, 2 tbs cream cheese (wow this was good)
    388 cals | 31g fat | 3g carb | 23g protein | 0 fiber

Meal 2: 2 pieces nitrate free sausage patty, 2 fish oil caps, coffee with 5tbs coffee creamer (sigh)
    272 cals | 21g fat | 6g carb | 11g protein | 0 fiber

Meal 3: Spinach salad with cucumber, cheddar cheese, chicken and ceasar dressing.
    482 cals | 34g fat | 8g carb | 38g protein | 2g fiber - 6g NET carb

Meal 4: 2 tbs natty PB
    190 cal | 18g fat | 7g carb | 7g protein | 2g fiber - 5g NET carb

Meal 5: PWO shake - protein powder, 8oz almond milk and 2 tbs heavy cream
    264 cal | 16g fat | 6g carb | 25g protein | 2g fiber - 4g NET carb

Meal 6: 1 can Tuna w/ 2TBS mayo, 1/4 cup cheddar and 1/5 cucumber slices
    421 cal | 30g fat | 2g carb | 38g protein | 0 fiber

TOTALS:
    2015 cal | 151g fat | 31g carb | 141g protein | 7g fiber - 24g NET carb

WOOOOO!! That's about as good as it gets there. I'm interested to see how I react to the tuna in the evening. It can often give me heartburn. (not sure why either). I know both cats will be sleeping with me though! LOL

I'll be back to update the workout.

Originally Posted by Limeliteshines View Post
    Thanks. I tend to be a perfectionist . . . obviously yesterday didn't hurt me, as I still dropped. so. Keepin on!

Working routine? Are you talking my schedule, or my workouts?

Have a good one! I get to see if the new batteries in my HRM work today. Cross your fingers! lol

Yeah you got me there.. I mean do you follow a cycle when it comes to your workout - have you got a specific routine?

Keepin 'em crossed!

Yeah you got me there.. I mean do you follow a cycle when it comes to your workout - have you got a specific routine?

Keepin 'em crossed!
    AH! yes . . . my basic schedule is this (right now)

Monday - rest day
    Tuesday - Bootcamp
    Wednesday - Circuit Training with personal trainer
    Thursday - my own cardio (right now it's spinning)
    Friday - Circuit Training with personal trainer
    Saturday - 10 mile race training (this Saturday I'll be running 4 miles)
    Sunday - Bootcamp

wash rinse repeat!

Monday is my rest day right now because I'll be starting rehearsals for a concert, and the rehearsals are on Mondays . . . after the concert, I'll flipflop my rest days to Thursday and put swimming in on Mondays (I'm shooting to do a Sprint Triathlon this year) Also, just to keep my body guessing!

Week 2 - Day 2 - Workout . . .

MEH the HRM crapped out on me. Which means I'll have to buy a new one. Boo! I was hoping it would last me another year. Oh well . . . I gave it a pretty good beating from July 2008 till now so. I guess it's ok. I'll just have to find the cash for it. somewhere.

The workout went really well tonight. My knee felt a bit wonky (which it does from time to time) so I kept my eye on it but it did really well. So I'm going to ice it, take some ibuprofen and hopefully wake up a new woman.

We did a whole bunch of stuff tonight . . . I'll try to remember most of it:

Warmup: 3 sets of High Knees, ladder run, butt kicks and bunny hops. Then 3 sets of side shuffles. Gotta love a "warm-up" that leaves you gasping for air. Then:

4 sets of:
    + dumbbell chest press
    + weighted squat
    + walking lunges down to
    + side chops with kettle bells
    + walking lunges back

4 sets of:
    + medium height box jumps (I'm so slow at these)
    + leg curls on stability ball (basically - lay in bridge pose with feet on ball and pull in)
    + straight leg crunch

4 sets of:
    + lat pull down
    + bent over row
    + weighted "kneel and stand"

2 sets of:
    + squat thrusts
    + mountain climbers
    + weighted crunch
    + pendulum crunch
    + reverse crunch (legs straight up, lifting hips off the ground.)

The workout felt great . . I was sweating like crazy and it would have been nice to know what I was burning! darn HRM. lol But that's ok. It still felt fantastic.

Thats all folks!

akmal21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Congrats on weight loss... I just started last week and I lost 10 pounds.....im trying to lose 20 more by feb 16th before spring semester and practice starts.
    how much u trying to lose? R u finding ur workout endurance kinda low?

thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Solid workout there!
    "It's all about getting back up"

Originally Posted by akmal21 View Post
    Congrats on weight loss... I just started last week and I lost 10 pounds.....im trying to lose 20 more by feb 16th before spring semester and practice starts.
    how much u trying to lose? R u finding ur workout endurance kinda low?
    Thanks! Great job on your weight loss too!

I'm trying to lose about 50 or 60 more lbs. I've already lost 100 lbs doing a normal calorie-cutting diet and my trainer got me into Keto . . so I'm giving it a shot for a few months to see how I do. So far so good.

I'm actually finding that I have TONS of energy right off the bat . . but I do get tired quicker. I definitely feel much more tired at the end of a workout than I used to. But once the workout is over and I have my protein shake, I tend to bounce off the walls with energy. It's pretty funny.

Hope you're doing well, keep up the good work!

Originally Posted by thesilent1 View Post
    Solid workout there!
    Thanks!! I'm going to try and remember all that I do . . . it's never written down I just rely on my trainers. Probably not the very best thing, so I'm going to try and really keep track of everything we do so I can tweak things if necessary.

spencereveritt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That seem like an intence work out. How long are you in the gym each day? Great work on the weight loss so far.

Originally Posted by spencereveritt View Post
    That seem like an intence work out. How long are you in the gym each day? Great work on the weight loss so far.
    It's a Circuit training workout, so there are no rest periods, we just jump from one exercise to the next. . . (and we RUN wherever we are going. lol) It lasts 60 minutes. I don't have any workouts that are over an hour.

And thanks! I'm really bustin' my butt to get the rest of this weight off.

Week 2 - Day 3 . . .

Chatter . . .

* Evenin' everyone! Just got back from my workout . . . dinner is in the oven and I'm actually REALLY hungry. The first time I've felt uncomfortable hunger so I must have really burned through everything I've eaten so far today. Good. Hopefully that means my body is just gobbling up fat right now. GO GO GO! lol

* I yoinked my knee sometime in the past few days. Didn't really feel it until last night, after I sat down for a while post-workout. BOO It didn't keep me from my workout today . . I just modified it a bit. We did upper body and most of my cardio was done on the elliptical.

* This diet is really making me feel GOOD. I have TONS of energy, I'm almost never hungry (until now. hehe) and I BURN like crazy. I start sweating almost right away in my workouts. This is almost inconceivable to me since a year and a half ago, I couldn't break a sweat if I tried. (my metabolism was a HUGE mess). So I'm really really liking how I feel!

* The weight stayed the same today .. . holding steady at 217.5.

* I'm thinking about adding a fiber supplement to this diet, as I feel that I'm really not getting enough. I try to cram in as many veggies as I can, but I find that I'm still falling short. Not having any digestive troubles . . . but why tempt fate?

Nibbles . . . . .

Meal 1: 2 eggs, 2 egg whites, heavy cream and 2 tbs cream cheese (again. . YUMMO!)
    388 cal | 31g fat | 3g carb | 23g protein | 0 fiber

Meal 2: 2 nitrate free sausage patties and 1 cup coffee with creamer (it's almost gone. lol)
    252 cal | 19g fat | 6g carb | 11g protein | 0 fiber

Meal 3: 3 cups spinach with chicken, cheddar, raw cauliflower, cucumber and sunflower seeds. Topped with Ceasar dressing.
    482 cal | 34g fat | 8g carb | 38g protein | 2 fiber - 6g NET carb

Meal 4: 2 TBS Natty Peanut Butter with 1 cup coffee and creamer
    242 cal | 21g fat | 12g carb | 7g protein | 2g fiber - 10g NET carb

Meal 5: (Post workout shake) Protein with almond milk and heavy cream
    264 cal | 16g fat | 6g carb | 25g protein | 2g fiber - 4g NET carb

Meal 6: Chicken breast with cheddar cheese and garlic, broccoli with a bit of butter.
    500 cal | 32g fat | 8g carb | 46g protein | 4g fiber - 4g NET carb

TOTALS:
    2128 cal | 154g fat | 42g carb | 150g protein (woohoo!) | 11g fiber - 31g NET carb

MACROS:
    65% fat / 28% protein / 7% carb

* So . . . not too bad. Carbs are a bit over (darn that extra cup of coffee. It was calling my name tho!). ((just wolfed down dinner . . twas yummy!)) I'm going to go have a cup of green tea to round out my evening.

Workout . . .

Sooo with my yoinked knee, I had to warm up on the elliptical. I'm ok with that, I'll get my run in later in the week (as long as the knee is feeling good.) I'm considering skipping spinning tomorrow, we'll see how it feels. I'd rather be safe than sorry! But onto today . .

Warmup - elliptical 5 minutes - resistance 8

3 sets:
    + close grip push-up off smith machine (12 reps per set)
    + high elbow seated row (15 reps per set)
    + standing fly on cable-cross machine (15 reps per set)

3 sets:
    + "walk the dog" (standing walkout to plank position, walking plank, walk hands back to standing = 1 rep.) 10 reps per set
    + Arnold press (wow my shoulders need work) 15 reps, 12 reps, 10 reps
    + skull crushers - 12 reps per set

3 sets:
    + straight leg dead lift with shoulder shrug - 12 reps per set
    + crescent kick over ball to roundhouse kick combo - 12 reps per set each leg (24 per set total)
    + Crunch throws with 10lb medicine ball - 25 reps per set
    + Bridges - 20 reps per set

ended with 5 minutes of jump rope (uuuughhh)

GREAT workout . . I'm really gonna feel my upper body by the end of the day tomorrow! WHEW!

I'm off to have a cup of green tea while I finish checking email . . then it's off to bed!

Have a good one!

Chatter . . .

* Quick post today. Had a pretty good day. Knee is feeling better . . good enough to make my spinning class tonight.

* Weighed in this morning . . . 218. Up a 1/5 lb. Probably just a fluctuation. Not worried about it.

Nibbles . . .

Pretty much the same as yesterday.

Workout . . .

45 minutes high intensity spinning (cycling). Felt AWESOME . . I was sweating like crazy.

*yawn* bedtime. 'Night all.

I love that you like I do the HIIT training though it's not recommanded and you need to take a lot of breaks. I don't feel that way though - you know with the pausing.

I would never be able to do a diet which made it impossible for me to do HIIT.. I don't care if it gets harder or hurt a bit more.. As log as it doesn't put a stoppe to it

Good job - no worries on the scale!

Oh gosh yeah I don't think I'd survive without my intense cardio! I loves it! We did a lot of rolling hills and sprinting last night and WHEW . . you feel like Wonder Woman when you're done! lol!

I wandered in this morning to grump a bit. Seems like I've gained . . AGAIN. I'm up to 219.5 this morning. *sigh* Not sure what that's about, but I started a fiber supplement this morning . . hopefully that'll make a difference. And maybe I have to take a peek at my sodium intake . . that could have a lot to do with it.

I'll keep tweaking! Just NOT what I wanted to see this morning!

I'll be measuring tomorrow morning, so we'll see if there've been any changes there.

Have a good day all.

Weighed in this morning at the same weight. PHEW no gain. Tomorrow will be a different story I'm sure, as I carbed up today. Kept the cals from going crazy but it sure wasn't clean. Not at all. :\ hopefully I didn't just kick myself in the a**.

In good news .. check this out:

1" off my waist
    1" off my hips
    1" off my bust
    1/2 " off my stomach
    and a 1/4" off each thigh.

wow. w.o.w.

I'll take it!

Also ran 4 miles this morning. I'm tired. it's bed time. Last carb meal will be in the morning tomorrow. . . then it'll be off to bootcamp. And then straight back to keto mania. I wonder how I'll feel at bootcamp tomorrow . . .

Ended up having a HORRIBLE weekend. Not sure, but I think carbs/sugar might just be my enemy. I felt 'down in the dumps' and had no motivation to do anything. at all. I got my 4 mile run in on Saturday (was still feeling pretty good then). . . and got my bootcamp in Sunday morning and then it just went downhill after that.

I'm not really liking that at all.

I'm getting down to the last of my protein powder, and I'm in the market for a new kind. Just found mine has HFCS. not cool!

Oh well. . . back on Keto.

thank. gawd.

I'm feeling much better today but my carb-up put all my water weight back on. I'm going to have to alter my carb-ups I think. Not sure, I'll see how the next 2 weeks go and where I end up . . if I'm LOWER than I ended up this past Friday, then I'll continue what I'm doing . . but if not? The Carb-ups will HAVE to change.

I'm glad to hear that you're on your way up again. I'm not in on the carb-ups.. I just allow myself one snack every second-third week. Eg. mini cupcakes from this weekend - in total 100g muffin and 60g carb. on top of the rest of my meals that day.. ending up around 80-100g carb.

Keep going Well done on your training.

Yeah I might be joining you in that . . . where I'll keep the diet the same but just allow myself a 'cheat meal' for one day . . . and then continue on down the same road. The way my body is . .it seems like that many carbs might hinder my progress rather than do good.

I should be getting my new protein powder in the mail today. Very happy about that. Gonna pitch all the HFCS stuff OUT. I can't believe I didn't even notice that before.

AND aside from my cup of coffee with 5 tbs creamer (5 g carbs), I'm taking this diet 100% clean. Instead of sodium laden salad dressing . . today I had 3 tbs of olive oil and 3 tbs red wine vinegar. Not exactly as scrumptious as my Kens Caesar dressing . . . but it tasted good and helped all that spinach go down. I think this will help me out a lot.

Batch cooking chicken tonight . . . in butter! yummo!

Doing ok today . . . . have a small headache, but I'm taking that as a positive. It's not enough of a headache to keep me from doing anything. Hello Ketosis. It really didn't take me that long to get back there after my emotional mess of a carbup. Thank. GOODNESS. Now I just need to shed the rest of this water weight. Hopefully by the end of next week I will be at a LOWER weight than I was this past Friday. Then I'll calm down a little.

I'm working on really making sure the diet is clean . . . I'm going to allow myself a few bits of sausage through out the week for either breakfast or a mid-morning snack . . and maybe a few slices of bacon with my chicken breasts for dinner . .. other than that, it's gonna be EVOO, green veggies, lean protein and eggs. (and of course cheese. I mean . . I don't think I could live w/o a little cheese.

I think my calories are ok (2000) but if things don't get moving I'll shoot them down to 1800 for a while. Might cycle a little bit, just to keep my body guessing.

I've been stuck at a plateau since getting my wisdom teeth out in November and I think I just need to shake it up a bit (I find myself saying that a lot).

I may be frustrated . . but I am NOT giving up. I will try to tweak this diet so it works the best for me . . if, come April 1st, I haven't lost any weight . . . I'll go back to what I was doing before.

I'm also making an appointment with my Endocrinologist so I can get my questions answered once and for all. That might prove to help me in the future as well.

Keepin on . . . here's the food for today:

Meal 1: 4 eggs, 2 slice sausage, 1 slice Muenster
    577 cal | 43g fat | 4g carb | 41 g protein | 0 fiber

Meal 2: fiber supplement, 1 cup coffee w/ creamer
    68 cal | 3g fat | 9g carb | 0g protein | 4g fiber - 5g NET carb

Meal 3: 2 cups spinach, 1 cup iceberg, chicken breast, cucumber, cheddar, olive oil and vinegar.
    472 cal | 35g fat | 5g carb | 36g protein | 2g fiber - 3g NET carb

Meal 4: fiber supplement, 1 cup coffee w/ creamer, 2 slices Muenster, 1 TBS Natty PB
    342 cal | 26g fat | 18g carb | 14g protein | 5g fiber - 13g NET carb

Meal 5: (post workout shake . . EAS Carb Control (until new powder comes in))
    110 cal | 3g fat | 2g carb | 17g protein | 1g fiber - 1g NET carb

Meal 6: 1 can Tuna, 1 TBS olive oil, 2 TBS Mayo
    419 cal | 34g fat | 0 carb | 30g protein | 0 fiber

TOTALS:
    1989 cal | 143g fat | 37g carb | 138g protein | 12g fiber - 25g NET carb

Doesn't look too shabby.

Fingers crossed for the end of next week.

Week 3 - Day 4

just a quick post before bed . .

I'm almost back down to where I left off. I'm hoping to be at 216 or lower by next Friday. Wish me luck!

Rocked an awesome spinning class tonight. Really pushed myself HARD and ended up walking out of there a drippy, sweaty mess. AWESOME. My quads are still burning. AWESOME. I'm exhausted and going to bed at 9:30. AWESOME.

Kept the cals a little lower today . . . just a quick overview

TOTALS:

1888 cals | 37g carb | 136g fat | 130g protein | 16g fiber - 21g NET carb (WOOHOO!)

Not a bad day. not a bad day at all.

nite nite!

Week 4 - Day 1

Still maintaining my 219. I'm going to try to get in some early (early ugh) morning cardio to really get the scale moving again. And then this weekend I'm going to have to be ridiculously careful with my carb-up. I'm moving it to Sunday instead of Saturday . . so it doesn't leave me in a weirded out daze for all of Sunday like it did last week. I can be dazed out at work.

I'm also going out drinking with a friend on Saturday night. I must be crazy. Due to all the chatter about drinking on Keto, I'm going to keep my drinks to a MINIMUM. Diet Coke and Malibu probably. Carbs? yes. Enjoyment? yes. worth it? Totally. I'll burn 'em all off in the morning when I go to bootcamp. So that's why I can't drink too much . . I can't be hung over for bootcamp! lol!

It's my rest day today. Pulled something in my shoulder (sigh) so I'm just seeing how it goes. Guess I'm doing a lower body workout tomorrow. :P