Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000)

Mtfx's Keto Log (Advice encouraged)

Well, here we are, my first log. This log will be recording my progress with my first keto diet, as well as my first cut. I have been traning since last May, but have experienced a number of setbacks, mainly with a shoulder injury and the flu. The combination put me out of commission for a couple of months. My plan was to train hard from January until April, when I would do my first cut. I have been overweight most of my life...and made the decision to change my life. This step in my lifestyle change is to show the results of what I have trained so hard for. I have had to deal with criticism due to weight, and actually had to deal with criticism when I started to lift weights. This step is for myself, to see the payoff of dedication and commitment.

Current Stats:
    Height: 5' 11
    Weight:: 250
    BF: 20.04%

With my activity level and desired weight loss, my caloric intake will be 2500 calories a day. I will be doing a three-day split as well as cardio four times a week. Three of these will be LIIT, while one day will be HIIT.

Exercise routine:
    Monday: Back/Shoulders/abs/cardio
    Tuesday: HIIT
    Wednesday: off
    Thursday: Legs/Chest/abs/cardio
    Friday: Cardio
    Saturday: Arms/traps/calves/cardio
    Sunday off

Pictures:

Diet: (Subject to change) Format is cals/fat/protein/carbs

Breakfast:
    3 scrambled eggs
    3 slices of bacon
    1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese.

668/53g/43g/4g

Lunch:
    1cup (2 Tbsp mayo) Chicken Salad
    1cup cooked broccoli
    1Tbsp Butter
    2 celery stalks

622/43g/45g/6g

Dinner:
    6oz 85/15 ground hamburger
    1cup cooked broccoli
    1Tbsp Butter

590/38g/51g/6g

Snack: This will vary day to day, but will always at least have almonds.
    1oz Almonds

170/16g/6g/2g

Total: 2,049/149g/145g/18g

Shows as:
    Fat - 65.1%
    Pro - 28.1%
    Carb - 6.8% (Net carbs were not factored by website that computed it, so its a bit higher, though you can see that my net carbs is listed above @ 18g, and my cap is 31g)

This is not counting a few staples, but they will be factored in, such as cream for coffee and splenda for sweetener. This will most likely remain my diet unless people suggest changes. I will be ok I think with eating the same thing for the duration.

As noted in subject, advice from seasoned ketoers is encouraged...this is my first time doing this, and am hoping to see some great results.

By the way, a shameless plug...I had pad thai for lunch today...I had to get it in before I could not
    Last edited by mtfx; 04-01-2010 at 05:05 PM.

dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dabbe has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    subbed!!

kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think I got it - Ketocuts for a ketogenic diet...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Available as a rep

mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000)

Day 1 - Week 1

Well, today is nothing out of the ordinary. I had my coffee (with heavy whipping cream! so good) with splenda. I am not the biggest fan of artificial sweeteners, but with the cream, not half bad.

I had my noted breakfast, and have to say...I know its day 1, but man...was it good. I could get used to bacon and eggs every morning! heh.

I hit the gym around 12:30 and trained legs as well as chest and was surprised at how much I was sweating, sometimes on heavy leg days I will, but not much else. Nice intensity.

I did cardio after weights, and was a bit tired, but pulled through. I did stairs for 3 minutes...yes, only three...that was all I needed for me to know, I do not like climbing stairs. I then hit 10 minutes on the row machine (which I do like quite a bit) and did some pretty hard intensity and finished up with the "Fat burner" program on a precor eliptical.

Had lunch a little late today, around 3:45...but honestly, I just wasnt hungry. Halfway through lunch, I actually didnt want to finish...I was full. Man, does fat stick with you.

All in all, Today feels good. Got me lots of water and ketostix, which I will try tomorrow just to see, but am not expecting to see ketosis until saturday.

I plan on eating in 3 more hours...and honestly dont think I will want to eat.

Buck1210 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keep track of how much splenda you are taking in. I drink atleast 2 coffees per day. Usually having splenda in both and it hasnt had an impact on me. However, it does throw some people out of ketosis. I do like the heavy cream, i even mix it in with my eggs when i scramble them up to add some fat..

Thanks Buck

Yeah, I read about splenda...I am only putting one packet of splenda in per cup. Two cups...so just the two. I will keep an eye on it though. I just started today, so I will have to wait to see if I am in ketosis in a couple days.

Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Great start to your log. I think you'll like the Ketocuts. I love them.
    Simp's Back: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165133671&page=1

Working to regain strength, muscle, endurance, and lose some blubber. Damn you drinking-wine-on-the-couch. Why are you so good?

@ Simpy, I am not taking Ketocuts the product, I am on a Keto cut.

Just doing a ketogenic diet, thats all.

Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by mtfx View Post
    @ Simpy, I am not taking Ketocuts the product, I am on a Keto cut.

Just doing a ketogenic diet, thats all.
    hahahaha. I thought the other thread said you were doing ketocuts. All one word. *face palm*

Sorry. It's been a long day. For what it's worth, I also love keto. It's easy.

Working to regain strength, muscle, endurance, and lose some blubber. Damn you drinking-wine-on-the-couch. Why are you so good?

Day 2 - Week 1

Well, woke up around 8:30, and felt a tad sluggish...but from what I can tell, this is to be expected right? My routine, while possibly boring, is most likely going to be it for me. I made breakfast around 8:45 (which for me is a bit early, normally its protein powder at 9, and oats at 10:30). Again, the bacon...seriously...proof god loves mankind. 3 whole eggs and a 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese with a few splashes of Franks hot...man, lovin that stuff.

My coffee, three cups today (which is normal fare)...but only two with splenda. All three with a Tbsp of heavy cream, I totally think I could drink this stuff straight in a glass. Or shooters?

I also...for pure curiosity decided to check and see if I am excreting ketones...and was surprised. I was inbetween trace and the next step (I cant remember the name on the strip) So it kinda looks like I am there After a day, seems fast...but I did workout, so maybe I kickstarted a little? Maybe someone could shed some light on this for me?

Got me some lunch today...I have forgotten how rich regular mayonnaise is. I add 2 Tbsp to my diced rotisserie chicken...and I honestly would not use that much normally, it is VERY thick, but I need thems fats. Also, I REALLY enjoy the broccolli with a pad of butter and some franks red hot.

I was a bit more hungry today than yesterday...by lunch yesterday, I was forcing down the last half, and dinner time I didnt want to eat. Today though, my was waiting for lunch, and the sound of that burger patty is making my mouth water a bit.

No cardio today, will hit gym and cardio tomorrow.
    Last edited by mtfx; 04-02-2010 at 04:52 PM.

Give it two weeks.

drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Subbed up, homeboy! I am very interested in seeing your progress!

Originally Posted by drooks10 View Post
    Subbed up, homeboy! I am very interested in seeing your progress!
    Thanks drooks! I really appreciate the support! uber tons. Oh, and to let you know...I too am interested in seeing my progress!

I havent been thin...well, I think since I was 6 or 7? I have been overweight most of my life...a good 20 years or so. I dont even remember what its like...I have pictures, thats about it. Also, when I was little, I remember my mom telling me to suck my stomach in, and people would could my ribs...but I think that is common fare for little kids. Anyhow...again, thanks for the support bro.
    ~ Infinite Labs Rep
    http://infinitelabsstore.com/

♦♦ I Am Juggernaut Challenge ♦♦ Win a Trip to the 2011 Mr. Olympia!!!
    www.iamjuggernaut.com
    http://iamjuggernaut.com/rules.pdf

Group Juggernaut!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/group.php?groupid=30172

Visit Infinite Labs on ********:
    http://www.********.com/InfiniteLabsSupplements

ROM and MMC are more important than EGO
    400Lb Gorilla

Day 3 - Week 1

**Current supplements**
    As I didnt mention it in my first post. Here they are:
    Multi-vitamin (high potency, 2 capsules)
    Fish oil (omega 3/6/9: fish, borage and flax oil 2 capsules)
    Green Tea (1 capsule 30 mins before each meal, 3 capsules a day)

Well, I will update from last night through today, as I didnt want to update so late last night. After I got off work, I went to go see alice in wonderland, yes...a little late to that one, eh? Anyhow, it was immediately after work, so I didnt have a chance to eat until after the movie, which was 9ish, so by the time I got home, cooked and ate, it was 9:45ish. Had some hamburger, two slices of cheddar and a bowl of broccoli with a pad of butter and some franks. Also, I am supplementing Psyllium husk with the program. It has 9 grams of fiber per tablespoon with 1 net carb. I used to take metimucil, but it has...*9* sugars! Crazy.

This morning, I woke up with my girlfriend at about 6:20-6:30...which is a little early for me, normally I am a 7:50-ish-er. Got up, made bacon and eggs and had my coffee. I was done by 7:30...which is pretty early for me, but saturdays are early for everything, I wake up earlier due to starting work earlier. I also get off work earlier and hit the gym earlier (friday and saturday nights make for empty gyms, which I take advantage of.)

9:15 am
    Just took my multi, going to take my fish oil in a few. Once again, have my chicken salad, broccolli and celery for lunch. I do very much enjoy that. Also, I have pork rinds and almonds for snacks today, I was actually a LITTLE hungry yesterday after lunch. I think my bulking habits are dying hard. I was eating every two hours...might take a few more days to become accustomed to eating only 3 meals a day.

Also, I tried another ketostick and I am in between small/moderate levels of ketones in my urine! So, I am in ketosis!!!

Having my lunch now...nom nom

Drinking water like a fiend...I think THAT is the hardest part...the damn water. Maybe not for some, but me...I have never been very good at drinking my daily amount, well, not until the past few months anyways.
    Last edited by mtfx; 04-03-2010 at 02:19 PM.
    ~ Infinite Labs Rep

www.iamjuggernaut.com

Group Juggernaut!

400Lb Gorilla

drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drooks10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    **Current supplements**
    As I didnt mention it in my first post. Here they are:
    Multi-vitamin (high potency, 2 capsules)
    Fish oil (omega 3/6/9: fish, borage and flax oil 2 capsules)
    Green Tea (1 capsule 30 mins before each meal, 3 capsules a day)

Well, I will update from last night through today, as I didnt want to update so late last night. After I got off work, I went to go see alice in wonderland, yes...a little to that one, eh? Anyhow, it was immediately after work, so I didnt have a chance to eat until after the movie, which was 9ish, so by the time I got home, cooked and ate, it was 9:45ish. Had some hamburger, two slices of cheddar and a bowl of broccoli with a pad of butter and some franks. Also, I am supplementing Psyllium husk with the program. It has 9 grams of fiber per tablespoon with 1 net carb. I used to take metimucil, but it has...*9* sugars! Crazy.

This morning, I woke up with my girlfriend at about 6:20-6:30...which is a little early for, normally I am a 7:50-ish-er. Got up, made bacon and eggs and had my coffee. I was done by 7:30...which is pretty early for me, but saturdays are early for everything, I wake up earlier due to starting work earlier. I also get off work earlier and hit the gym earlier (friday and saturday nights make for empty gyms, which I take advantage of.)

9:15 am
    Just took my multi, going to take my fish oil in a few. Once again, have my chicken salad, broccolli and celery for lunch. I do very much enjoy that. Also, I have pork rinds and almonds for snacks today, I was actually a LITTLE hungry yesterday after lunch. I think my bulking habits are dying hard. I was eating every two hours...might take a few more days to become accustomed to eating only 3 meals a day.

Also, I tried another ketostick and I am in between small/moderate levels of ketones in my urine! So, I am in ketosis!!!
    Congrats on getting into ketosis! The fat is gonna drop quickly I bet.

I love me some pork rinds, but haven't had them in forever!

Are you having any carb cravings yet?

How was Alice in Wonderland? It looks crazy!

Thanks for the inspiration addition! That is very humbling for me.

I hope you have a wonderful Saturday!
    David

Yeah, just had them pork rinds, they were pretty epic, havent had them in a long time either. Carb cravings...actually, yeah...a co worker is eating right behind me...and he has a bag of fritos...and I know I cant...but they just sound so nom nom nom.

I saw some M&Ms yesterday...and Im not a huge candy fan...but I think its the knowledge that I CANT eat them...that all of a sudden, I was like...hey, how you doin' M&M's?

SIDE NOTE: Alice, seriously was good. I know its not the classic tale, and if you are aware of that heading in to see it...it makes the experience much nicer...and the lead girl (alice) is pretty cute...so it had nice scenery.
    ~ Infinite Labs Rep

www.iamjuggernaut.com

Group Juggernaut!

400Lb Gorilla

MPDCPL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great work so far! Just from my little experience with the Keto diet... (I lost 10lbs in 5 weeks and 6% bf) I think your calorie intake for your weight is little low right now and thats why you are having some hunger problems. (remember this isnt a starving diet) I would suggest streching out your meals to 4-5 a day and lowering your calories per meal. From my own run on Keto I started out at 185 about 18% bf and was seeing great results on a 1900-2100 calories a day. I have been at 175 for two weeks now and have increased my carbs to under 100 grams a day but I am still around 2000 calories a day. (40f, 40p, 20c) My hope is to maintian my weight still burn fat and put on some muscle. (trial and error) The increase in carbs is to have a little more energy for the work outs. I really didnt like my energy level during the 5 weeks but I did see some great results! As you start seeing your weight come down you can lower your calorie intake as needed. Your body will let you know when it's time to lower your calories as well, you won't feel the need to eat that last meal of the day or your will go longer between meals. Everyone is different. Good luck man!

Originally Posted by MPDCPL View Post
    Great work so far! Just from my little experience with the Keto diet... (I lost 10lbs in 5 weeks and 6% bf) I think your calorie intake for your weight is little low right now and thats why you are having some hunger problems. (remember this isnt a starving diet) I would suggest streching out your meals to 4-5 a day and lowering your calories per meal. From my own run on Keto I started out at 185 about 18% bf and was seeing great results on a 1900-2100 calories a day. I have been at 175 for two weeks now and have increased my carbs to under 100 grams a day but I am still around 2000 calories a day. (40f, 40p, 20c) My hope is to maintian my weight still burn fat and put on some muscle. (trial and error) The increase in carbs is to have a little more energy for the work outs. I really didnt like my energy level during the 5 weeks but I did see some great results! As you start seeing your weight come down you can lower your calorie intake as needed. Your body will let you know when it's time to lower your calories as well, you won't feel the need to eat that last meal of the day or your will go longer between meals. Everyone is different. Good luck man!
    Hey man, thanks for the input, greatly appreciated! I too think its a bit low...but I am trying to lose 2.33 pounds per week. The 2 pound load is 2500 cals a day. I do need to make up some, because currently I am only at about 2200 or so, but I dont want to go over. I also think I need to recalculate my cals, as I didnt factor in things like cream for my coffee...although, I did a shooter last night of cream...have you ever done that? wow, so good...no wonder though, its all fat, lol.

Also, I dont need to worry about insulin response, and that is why I lowered my meals to three a day. During my bulk, I ate 5-7 meals a day to lessen the amount of insulin per meal. However, with this...I am cooking more meat/eggs and so I made it three due to constraints of cooking at work.

I havent seen any results as of yet...but am impatiently waiting.
    ~ Infinite Labs Rep

www.iamjuggernaut.com

Group Juggernaut!

400Lb Gorilla

MPDCPL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Hey man, thanks for the input, greatly appreciated! I too think its a bit low...but I am trying to lose 2.33 pounds per week. The 2 pound load is 2500 cals a day. I do need to make up some, because currently I am only at about 2200 or so, but I dont want to go over. I also think I need to recalculate my cals, as I didnt factor in things like cream for my coffee...although, I did a shooter last night of cream...have you ever done that? wow, so good...no wonder though, its all fat, lol.

Also, I dont need to worry about insulin response, and that is why I lowered my meals to three a day. During my bulk, I ate 5-7 meals a day to lessen the amount of insulin per meal. However, with this...I am cooking more meat/eggs and so I made it three due to constraints of cooking at work.

I havent seen any results as of yet...but am impatiently waiting.
    Well I am not an expert nutritionist and you kind of threw me a curve on your meal plan, I just know from the old days of body for life and just finishing reading the Dr Atkins new diet revolution small meals through out the day= better results. You gotta do what is right for you. I am not sure what you do for a living but packing some microwavable meals isnt a bad thing. I spend 20mins a day packing my meals for work, I work 4-10's and pre cook most of my meals. Maybe add celerey and natty PB as your snack. I know you want to loose that 2lbs a week and everyone is different but I would lower your expectations to 1lb a week. You should have seeing that huge water weight drop already though. I wasnt seeing a ton of scale weight difference after the initial water weight drop and I would go up and down a few lbs until recently where I am a consistant 175 and waking up every morning looking more cut. Weird how that works! The keto diet got me passed some major sticking points as I put on some pure fat lbs due to an on the job injury that prevented me from lifting. I still can't lift like I used too (the dr would be pissed if he knew what I was doing now) but my self confidence is through the roof right now! I hope you get the same results!
    Last edited by MPDCPL; 04-04-2010 at 10:46 AM.

Day 4 - Week 1

Well, its Easter Sunday...Had to pass on eating at family breakfast, and stick to the plan. Bacon and eggs...I put a little too much franks on it, it was a bit vinegary.

Today is an off day...so I will be relaxing. Last night, after cardio, I surely felt the lack of glycogen. I felt so tired...exhausted. I completed all of my sets (I actually completed 4 sets on all exercises), but by the time cardio was done...I had a hard time walking back to my car. I couldnt muster enough strength for "vigorous" activity, but kept my cardio in target range.

Today I will be changing my meal plan for dinner, though I dont quite know to what. I am going to the GF's parents easter dinner...so we will see what my options are. I was told BBQ chicken...and I promptly had to say: "HOLD THE BBQ SAUCE!!!" I will be having two drumsticks and a breast with skin though I will probably bring my salad dressing and have a side salad, I should be ok with that.

Anyhow, everyone reading, have a great easter if you celebrate it!
    ~ Infinite Labs Rep

www.iamjuggernaut.com

Group Juggernaut!

400Lb Gorilla

Day 5 - Week 1

Well, I got to bed SUPER late (2:15 am) last night...and subsequently woke up late, at almost 10am. My regime has been much earlier, so this has already thrown me off.

I cooked up my bacon and eggs...which yes, I am still in love with bacon. I am starting to notice though...that I am very fatigued...I feel lethargic and slow. If I can make sense of it, its the depletion of glycogen, but I am starting to almost doze off...or at least, it feels like it.

Last night for dinner (as I didnt update after the last edit) I did in fact have two drums and a breast with skin, and an ample amount of broccoli with cheese. It was good...but everyone around me had pasta salad, mashed potatoes, rolls...all the things that tug at me. I stayed true...and just thought to myself (soon...oh yes, soon...)

11:36am: Going to take my fish oil here soon.

**EDIT** weird...you can only edit your posts for 24 hours? Bizarre.

Well, its lunch time...having a bowl of broccolli, with butter, cheddar cheese, franks...holy wow, the cheese makes it like...a bazillion times better. Chicken salad soon.

Tonight is going to be a workout/cardio night. Gonna hit back, shoulders and abs. then 30 mins of cardio (I alternate with rowing and eliptical.)

*EDIT* 12:57am

Just about bed time, but thought I would update. I got to the gym SO late, but hammered out an intense workout. Also, changed what I was going to do.

Had dinner at around 8pm. Ate my hamburger with two slices of cheese, a bowl of broccoli and a small romaine salad with 3 Tbsp of full fat blue cheese dressing.

Training Routine

Flat DB Bench
    1x6 @ 35
    1x6 @ 35
    1x6 @ 40
    1x6 @ 40

Bent over row
    1x6 @ 90
    1x6 @ 90
    1x6 @ 100
    1x6 @ 100

Cable Cross
    1x6 @ 35
    1x6 @ 35
    1x6 @ 40
    1x6 @ 40

Wide Grip Lat Pulldown
    1x6 @ 120
    1x6 @ 135
    1x6 @ 135
    1x6 @ 135

Dips (assisted)
    1x6 @ 125
    1x6 @ 125
    1x6 @ 125
    1x6 @ 125

Iso Lateral Row (machine)
    1x6 @ 140
    1x6 @ 140
    1x6 @ 140
    1x6 @ 180

Cardio
    10 mins on stairmaster @ level 5
    10 minutes on row machine moderate to high intensity

Seriously...I AM POOPED. Going to bed now. night.
    Last edited by mtfx; 04-06-2010 at 01:03 AM.
    ~ Infinite Labs Rep

www.iamjuggernaut.com

Group Juggernaut!

400Lb Gorilla

Mrs.Velocity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrs.Velocity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrs.Velocity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrs.Velocity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrs.Velocity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrs.Velocity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrs.Velocity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrs.Velocity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrs.Velocity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrs.Velocity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrs.Velocity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey! I wish you the best of luck man, especially since we're keto comrades. Your diet looks good! I like the idea of 3 meals a day but I can't seem to make it work just yet. I'm a nibbler. Cheese, cream, splenda?! That sounds amazing! Keep up the good work on the exercise front as well! Just a warning on psyllium, it can really harm your intestinal lining. Maybe something like hemp seeds or flax seeds would be safer? Just something I have learned from experience.
    Last edited by Mrs.Velocity; 04-06-2010 at 02:21 AM.

Way to stay true to your diet even though the temptation was there!

Looks like you had a good workout, too. Are you gonna do any HIIT cardio to blast away some fat?

Hope you have another good one today!

@ velocity: The main reason I take psylium, is because my dad does, and so its something I am used to. I know hemp seed is expensive (like at whole foods, an organic market here in the states)...and I dont know much about flax, but I will look into it. Also, I find that 3 meals a day can sometimes be too few, I think 5 would be too much, so I too snack. Almonds I eat every day anyways, so that was a no brainer for me and easy. I also have pork rinds (if you like them...omg they are great).

Also, here is a dessert that I have come up with if you are interested in trying AND like cheese cake. 2oz of full fat cream cheese, 2 tbsp of heavy whipping cream and 1 packet of splenda. Its like a cheese cake pudding! Its actually VERY good. The cream thins it out so its not so thick. Mind you, this is a treat:

Cals: 304
    carbs 2.8g
    protein 4.6g
    fat 31g
    Sfat 18.9

@ Drooks: My plan is to do some HIIT, but right now, I feel SOOOO drained, I dont know how good it would be for me. I will, but am going to wait until I am ready to do a carb up. I might do HIIT cardio on tuesday night (next week) as that will be the beginning of my carb up...and I will have more energy. Right now, I am able to power through the workout, but my cardio is so weak and labored. I will be hitting it soon though, It was planned, and will be a part of the program.
    ~ Infinite Labs Rep

www.iamjuggernaut.com

Group Juggernaut!

400Lb Gorilla

Day 6 - Week 1

Man...I NEED...TO GO TO BED EARLIER....again, close to 2am, and up at 10:10. This is NOT normal for me. Last night though...there was some cat meowing (which my upstairs neighbor lost three days ago) So he would trample down the stairs, and there are two sets of them...and its an old 70's style building so there is NO sound insulation. Anyways...got to bed late.

Today was a rush rush rush. Woke up, immediately started breakfast. eggs, bacon, cheese and franks. I will be finding an alternative to this, more for time reasons than anything else. I so did not have the time this morning, it would be nice to eat something and go without cooking.

I feel a bit more peppy this morning compared to yesterday, which is nice. Today will be an easy day, NO LIFTING! so hopefully I will recoup a little more energy. Fish oil and vitamins here within the next half hour.

*EDIT* 4:04pm, just had lunch, finished off the chicken salad that I made last thursday...and so there was some leftover, which I couldnt see leaving behind ...................aaaaaaaaaaaaaand a mistake. I feel so full and bloated right now. I will have to make more soon, tonight or tomorrow morning. Unless I come up with a better idea for lunch, which is not out of the question.

Dinner might be hard tonight...fat makes for feeling full for a long while.

Didnt feel like cooking tonight, so I just had a big salad with lots of blue cheese, shredded cheddar and pork rinds for croutons.
    Last edited by mtfx; 04-07-2010 at 11:43 AM.
    ~ Infinite Labs Rep

www.iamjuggernaut.com

Group Juggernaut!

400Lb Gorilla

Day 7 - Week 1

Woke up around 8am, girlfriend was nice enough to wake me up early (I asked her) and I also got to bed at about 11:30-40ish last night, so I got in some early and good rest.

I totally forgot that I had no coffee...but thankfully my GF put some of those starbucks coffee via packets in my easter basket So I still got my coffee...which I am snarling beast if I has no coffee.

Guess what was for breakfast? Thats right! Bacon and eggs smothered in cheese. Took my vitamins right after breakfast.

Got to work just a little while ago, cracked open my first bottle of water, and dropped in a packet of crystal light: Green tea + Mango. Not terrible...that fake sweetener taste is fake...but it adds a little flavor which isnt terrible. Took my green tea capsule once it was mixed.

Alright...well, for lunch, I deviated from the norm. Went to a mexican restaurant with a co-worker and got some machaca. Shredded beef with scrambled eggs. No onions, no peppers, no beans, no rice, no tortialls. Just meat and eggs. Was effin awesome. With some tapatio on it...nom nom.
    Last edited by mtfx; 04-07-2010 at 06:27 PM.
    ~ Infinite Labs Rep

www.iamjuggernaut.com

Group Juggernaut!

400Lb Gorilla

Day 8 - Week 1

Well, woke up around 8am this morning. I had me some...BACON AND EGGS...I made them over medium today instead of scrambled, which was a pleasant change.

3 whole eggs, 3 slices of bacon and 1/2 of cheese. 2 cups of coffee, 2 tbsp heavy cream and 2 splenda.

Went to the gym around 11:30 am, a little later than I wanted...but Final Fantasy XIII had its way with me.

Routine ::
    Hammer Curls
    1x5 @ 30 for 4 sets.

Cable Curls
    1x5 @ 100
    1x5 @ 100
    1x5 @ 110
    1x5 @ 120

Close Grip Bench (tried it on the bench instead of floor)
    1x5 @ 115
    1x5 @ 95
    1x5 @ 95
    1x5 @ 95

Tri Extension
    1x5 @ 120
    1x5 @ 130
    1x5 @ 130
    1x5 @ 140

Military Press
    1x5 @ 50 for 4 sets

Lateral Raises
    1x5 @ 15 for 4 sets

I then hit the precor for 30:00

all in all, a good workout, I was sweating. I had 1 scoop of whey when I got home with 1 tsp of glutamine in it.

Ok, ready? Here is the best part...I weighed in before exercice today... 244.6!!!

HAd lunch a little late around 3:30, followed by my multis.

Dinner tonight, my girlfriend is going to make me cheesy chicken with asparagus and I may make myself a side salad. Have to say, seeing the scale made my day!

*EDIT* Dinner was cheesy chicken with asparugus, and for me...she added some bacon pieces and mozzarella cheese on it! So effin good.
    Last edited by mtfx; 04-09-2010 at 12:52 PM.
    ~ Infinite Labs Rep

www.iamjuggernaut.com

Group Juggernaut!

400Lb Gorilla

CONGRATS! I'm excited for you! Enjoy your dinner tonight!

I'm sure FFXIII would have its way with me, too! Haha.

Day 9 - Week 1

Well, thanks to my GF, another early day, I much prefer going to sleep earlier, and waking up earlier, for a while there, I was hitting the sack a little too late.

Bacon and eggs with cheese and franks...nom nom. Took my multi right after. Have lunch packed...and not feeling so sluggigh! YAY! I am starting to balance out a bit, which is really nice.

The loss of that weight has helped greatly, so excited.

Lunch: I started with my broccoli with cheese and butter around 1:30ish, and just finished my turkey salad. I ran out of roasted chicken, so i used some can turkey, definitely does NOT have the fat content I need. Also, I am on day two of using Crystal Light, and it isnt so terrible. I drop one packet into a 1.5 liter bottle of water, which adds a nice change to plain water. I have the green tea + mango flavor. I might even try more flavors. I figured the green tea was a good addition along with taking it in pill form.

Had dinner about 7:30. GF made an awesome pork tenderloin roast, and I got me some salad with blue cheese on it. There was bread...but not for me she says. Its ok, there was company, so it makes sense

Excellent food though...I do get taken care of.

Today was an off day. Tomorrow night though...legs+cardio
    Last edited by mtfx; 04-10-2010 at 12:50 AM.
    ~ Infinite Labs Rep

www.iamjuggernaut.com

Group Juggernaut!

400Lb Gorilla

Day 10 - Week 1

Today I had a rough time getting up and going, though, this was from lack of sleep...not low energy.

Up at 7:50, immediately cooked bacon and eggs. I am lowering my morning cheese intake to 1/4 cup from 1/2 cup. Breakfast is getting too many cals I think.

Lunch, had my 2 cups (measured again...I got into the habit of eyeballing) of broccoli, with butter and franks. No cheese today (I have been putting cheese on it for a few days...). Turkey salad, last day of that. I have a new rotisserie chicken to dice up for my chicken salad...love that skin on the chicken.

Forgot to take multis this morning, so I just did @ 3:15pm. Fish oil soon to follow.

Tested with a ketostick today...and ketone volume was low...it was "small" on the scale...urine has not been as strong as it was even yesterday...so I am wondering If I got a little too lax with something in my diet. I was in the heavy ketone range, but it has dropped significantly. I have had a lot of broccolli (eating almost 4 lbs of it in a week), I feel, like I said...that I need to start measuring it again.

Dinner tonight, going to have some left overs from the other night. One small chicken breast with cheese on top, 3-4 asparagus spears with a few pieces of bacon and some mozzarella on that. I will also have one drumstick and one wing from the rotisserie chicken.

Tonight is also a work out night, so I will be hitting legs and misc parts + cardio.

Tonights workout ::

Squats ::
    1x5 @ 135
    1x5 @ 135
    1x6 @ 135

Deads ::
    1x5 @ 135
    1x5 @ 135
    1x5 @ 135

Leg Press ::
    1x8 @ 180
    1x8 @ 270
    1x8 @ 270

Calf Raise ::
    1x15 @ 270
    1x15 @ 270
    1x15 @ 270

DB Shrugs ::
    1x12 @ 60
    1x12 @ 60
    1x12 @ 60

Weighted Rope Crunches
    1x10 @ 150
    1x10 @ 170
    1x10 @ 170

30 minutes cardio on precor. Increased cross ramp and resistance every 3 minutes by 1.

After my workout, I came home...had my protein shake. Waited a few and had some dinner. 7oz of 12% ground beef with one slice of jalepeno Munster and some chopped romaine with 3 Tbsp of Blue Cheese. Epic.

Now, I really think I have earned some MW2...gotta get Fall on my UMP. 20 or so to go.
    Last edited by mtfx; 04-10-2010 at 10:43 PM.
    ~ Infinite Labs Rep

www.iamjuggernaut.com

Group Juggernaut!

400Lb Gorilla