Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Some people are just naturally strong

did you ever notice this? my cousin just started lifting with me. he is six foot something and 280 lbs and never worked out before. wow, he is strong as an ox. he was throwing up the same weights as my buddy i train with that has been doing it for years. one other thing is he comes in the next day not even very sore. im a smaller framed guy but i remember when i first started i hade to work at it much harder at it.

rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I used to know 2 brothers both of them skinny as a rail and they could both bench over well over 300 at a 155 bodyweight. One of them got up to 185lbs and squatted 750.

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dutter View Post
    did you ever notice this?
    Yes. I also noticed I'm not one of them.

-=FLEX=-
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ya....i will get him tonight though......(leg night)

older1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) older1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) older1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) older1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) older1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) older1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) older1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) older1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) older1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) older1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) older1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah,i really hate those guys..hehe

I had a friend who delivered furniture for work that started working out with some years ago. He was doin incredible amounts on everything cept chest in his first week.

rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ya....i will get him tonight though......(leg night)
    I love training with enthusiastic newbies! Especially if they are the smata$$ type.

Originally Posted by rob440 View Post
    I love training with enthusiastic newbies! Especially if they are the smata$$ type.
    ya, he is the smata$$ type. i'm like...."wow dude, your strong".... he says, "i know".

he is a good kid though. i thought him how to fish, archery hunt and ride dirt bikes. and now i'm showing him how to lift. i just hope he sticks with it, he has the true potential to be a monster.

acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    did you ever notice this? my cousin just started lifting with me. he is six foot something and 280 lbs and never worked out before. wow, he is strong as an ox. he was throwing up the same weights as my buddy i train with that has been doing it for years. one other thing is he comes in the next day not even very sore. im a smaller framed guy but i remember when i first started i hade to work at it much harder at it.
    Yes, just as some people have a natural genetic predisposition to run a marathon.

The following is straight out of my Physiology text book, not bro-science or brotacular:

The majority of people have a balance of type I red (STMF) and type II white (FTMF) muscle fiber. Those that can seemingly 'smell iron and gain lean muscle mass' tend to be more predominately type II white muscle fiber. Type II is categorized as large, strong, bulky, but with low endurance. Type I is smaller, weaker, but far more enduring.

There are actually three main types along with Type IIa, Type IIb, and Type IIc/Type D muscle fibers as well but, let's keep this simple...

My professor described it with this analogy... think about a chicken, it has Type I red muscle fiber on it's legs, very enduring, with the ability to walk around and pace quickly for an extended period of time around the coop. The breast tissue is Type II white, very large and strong, able to support a ballistic burst to flap it's wings fly away and escape from the wolf but, it can't fly for a long distance, it weakens quickly.

Last edited by acwild; 03-31-2010 at 08:28 AM.
    Taught by Dr. Squat himself back in the late 90s

ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
    ISSA Certified Sports Nutritionist

Originally Posted by acwild View Post
    Yes, just as some people have a natural genetic predisposition to run a marathon.

The following is straight out of my Physiology text book, not bro-science or brotacular:

The majority of people have a balance of type I red and type II white muscle fiber. Those that can seemingly 'smell iron and gain lean muscle mass' tend to be more predominately type II white muscle fiber. Type II is categorized as large, strong, bulky, but with low endurance. Type I is smaller, weaker, but far more enduring.

My professor described it with this analogy... think about a chicken, it has Type I red muscle fiber on it's legs, very enduring, with the ability to walk around and pace quickly for an extended period of time around the coop. The breast tissue is Type II white, very large and strong, able to support a ballistic burst to flap it's wings to fly away and escape from the wolf but, it can't fly for a long distance, it weakens quickly.

thanks for the good discription.

trans4mation has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trans4mation has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trans4mation has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trans4mation has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trans4mation has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trans4mation has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trans4mation has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trans4mation has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trans4mation has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trans4mation has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trans4mation has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've noticed the same thing about some people just being naturally strong. I am putting on size all over my body but still can't bench anywhere near what some of the smaller, lighter guys do at my gym. Funny thing is though, I deadlift a LOT more.....of course that's easy to do when most of them don't deadlift or squat! LOL

Oldsuperman put it the best. He doesn't care if he's the strongest one at the beach, he just wants to look like the strongest! Myself, I'd be happy with a little of both.

snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by acwild View Post

The majority of people have a balance of type I red (STMF) and type II white (FTMF) muscle fiber. Those that can seemingly 'smell iron and gain lean muscle mass' tend to be more predominately type II white muscle fiber. Type II is categorized as large, strong, bulky, but with low endurance. Type I is smaller, weaker, but far more enduring.

There are also Type IIa, Type IIb, and Type IIc/Type D muscle fibers as well but, let's keep this simple...
    see, I buy into this and would, in your example, classify myself as a Type II...BUT I'm really more of a hybrid. Endurance has never been an issue with me, I can literally lift all day if I chose to.

acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by snoack View Post
    see, I buy into this and would, in your example, classify myself as a Type II...BUT I'm really more of a hybrid. Endurance has never been an issue with me, I can literally lift all day if I chose to.
    Well, not so much a hybrid but you're most likely predominantly Intermediate muscle fiber type, whereas you're fast twitch but also high-myo oxidizing... I tried to keep it smile in what I typed above but, if you read the highlighted scans above, you can read a bit about Intermediate as well.

one other thing i forgot to mention, his form was impeccable. i really did not have to show or say much to him. the only thing i had to repeat to him on standing upper body exercises was soften up the knees a bit (don’t lock them).

kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm the opposite...I look stronger than I am.

It used to bug the crap out of me...I'm over it now that I've ditched ego in favor of vanity.
    The mind leads the body...get your head right and the body will follow

ACE CPT
    NFPT CPT
    NCSF CPT

one other thing i forgot to mention, his form was impeccable. i really did not have to show or say much to him. the only thing i had to repeat to him on standing upper body exercises was soften up the knees a bit (don’t lock them).
    Yeah, you're right form is key. I started out curling 40lb back in October, I can do 90lb clean (without jerking or momentum) 10x and 100lb clean 3x.

But, I had one friend,who is half my size, screwing around with me because he could curl 100lb 10x.. but of course he's jerking, swinging, and exploding with momentum... almost half dead-lifting the weight up to a curl.

Sure, if this was a power-lifting contest and not body building... yeah... but, come on now!

cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cozener is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by trans4mation View Post
    Oldsuperman put it the best. He doesn't care if he's the strongest one at the beach, he just wants to look like the strongest! Myself, I'd be happy with a little of both.
    Yeah I'm with him on that. I really don't much care how strong I am as long as I look good.
    No one raindrop believes it is to be blamed for the flood. -anonymous

Originally Posted by cozener View Post
    Yeah I'm with him on that. I really don't much care how strong I am as long as I look good.
    i really like the feeling of being strong and knowing its there if i need it. not that looking OK is a bad thing though.

BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by older1 View Post
    Yeah,i really hate those guys..hehe

I had a friend who delivered furniture for work that started working out with some years ago. He was doin incredible amounts on everything cept chest in his first week.
    Rule of the Road No. 1: Never become involved in a road rage incident with a furniture moving van. LOL

namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kneedragger85 View Post
    I'm the opposite...I look stronger than I am.

It used to bug the crap out of me...I'm over it now that I've ditched ego in favor of vanity.
    same with me...I can barely incline press 175 for one rep.

I like looking strong though, it beats being fat and strong.
    Yorkshireman I: Right! I had to get up in the morning, at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill and pay mill-owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves, singing Hallelujah!

BornAgainLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BornAgainLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BornAgainLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BornAgainLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BornAgainLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BornAgainLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BornAgainLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BornAgainLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BornAgainLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BornAgainLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BornAgainLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FLEXjs View Post
    Yes. I also noticed I'm not one of them.

-=FLEX=-
    ^^^^
    x2

A very good childhood friend is like that and stocky as hell. He could be a heck of a PL is he trained.

dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i'm naturally strong for my size, hence the reason i went into powerlifting for awhile. benched 200, squatted 250 deadlifted 350 - during my first power cycle lol. strength doesn't necessarily equate to muscularity however. otherwise, i'd be huge. darn.
    A successful woman is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her

my metabolic repair/bulking-training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134394501

*STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dungeonmistress View Post
    during my first power cycle
    whenever DM says that I get all tingly

dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by *STEVE* View Post
    whenever DM says that I get all tingly
    c'mere *STEVE* i'll show you tingle.
    A successful woman is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her

my metabolic repair/bulking-training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134394501

billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sounds like a challenge **STEVE**!
    Strength and wisdom are not opposing values.

*STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dungeonmistress View Post
    c'mere *STEVE* i'll show you tingle.
    Ive said it once and Ill say it again ... DM is the best ever , nom nom nom

Originally Posted by billrich210 View Post
    Sounds like a challenge **STEVE**!
    thats not a challenge , sounds more like a weekend of fun to me

you guys are inspiring me for a new thread......

Some people are just naturally horny

(now back to the big booty thread in the womans misc)
    Last edited by dutter; 03-31-2010 at 01:13 PM.

you guys are inspiring me for a new thread......

Some people are just naturally horny

(now back to the big booty thread in the womans misc)

You better stay out of the womans misc!

Originally Posted by rob440 View Post
    You better stay out of the womans misc!
    rob...its all your fault

COOLMAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) COOLMAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) COOLMAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) COOLMAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) COOLMAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) COOLMAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) COOLMAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) COOLMAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) COOLMAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) COOLMAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) COOLMAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by trans4mation View Post
    I've noticed the same thing about some people just being naturally strong. I am putting on size all over my body but still can't bench anywhere near what some of the smaller, lighter guys do at my gym. Funny thing is though, I deadlift a LOT more.....of course that's easy to do when most of them don't deadlift or squat! LOL

trans4mation -- same here. I have been lifting for approx 3 years now. Only this morning my regular personal trainer is running in a newbie -- skinny small guy -- and he was benching same as me. My personal trainer and I have acknowsledged -- that Chest is my weakest area. What a bummer. But come Squat / Deadlift --- they can eat my dirt. =)

mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I live in Tn and there are lots of farmers, mechanics, and just junkyard strong guys here like 6'6" 250lbs of nothing but hard working grain fed beef eating guys. They might be 25 or 65 it doesnt matter.

AND whats funny is they never workout...they nave have any real injuries and eat s%^..BUT you wouldnt want to mess with them at all...although you might out run them..lol