Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Older But Getting Better Old Bob's Avatar
    Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

The After Easter Challenge

I'm recovering from some kind of rib injury that doesn't show up on X-Rays but has kept me working out lighter than normal for two weeks and I intend to be in "maintenance mode" this week as well....

Then there is Easter and then.... Well....

I'm gonna hit the gym like a hurricane and put on the absolute most lean muscle mass I possibly can as long as I can stay injury free, before June 1st when I take a hunting vacation for a week.

I'll basically have about 8 weeks to melt fat and build muscle and will get the very best percent body fat estimate I can before and after these 8 weeks.

Anyone want to join me? I was going to do it alone but think maybe a challenge would make it more interesting.

Last I checked I was about 25% body fat and I'd like to drop at least 3 points in two months if that's possible.

Interested?

C'mon... Some of you fat old farts need to man up and quit making excuses for why you aren't burning fat and developing lean muscle mass FAST. Let's GO!!!

Weight loss is secondary. We're looking for loss in body fat percentage... Flex? You in? DTT? Who else?

Old Bob
    Getting Old Ain't For Sissys... ;)

Eat to Live... Don't Live to Eat!!!

1951 Body by Gold's Gym and a LOT of Blood, Sweat, and Tears...

slave2beingFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) slave2beingFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) slave2beingFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) slave2beingFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) slave2beingFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) slave2beingFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) slave2beingFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) slave2beingFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) slave2beingFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) slave2beingFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) slave2beingFit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Okay Old Bob - I am currently laid up with some blood clotting in my left leg. Naturally, it occurred just as I was really hitting my stride with my trainer, training on my own and my diet. Cuz that just how life happens sometimes. I have been out of the gym and off my bike for over a week. I expect at least another week out, and then I am optimistic that I get to work out at least some.

I have tons of weight to lose - and muscle to build. I have one of the at home scales that gives me body fat %. I know it isn't really accurate, but gives me something to measure against.

Will that work? I would love to see a couple of inches and more off my midsection by June 1st.

Please kick my azz............
    ... "and the bootprints behind me are someone's I used to be...."

March 2010 Goals:
    3 lifting sessions 2 cardio sessions each week
    clean eating!
    a solid four weeks

start: 5'6" 220 46.5%

BP: 75 lbs
    StairMaster: 33 floors in 20 minutes

Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    **crickets chirping**
    " ----------I`m your Huckleberry......'"

John Adams

Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by slave2beingFit View Post
    Okay Old Bob - I am currently laid up with some blood clotting in my left leg. Naturally, it occurred just as I was really hitting my stride with my trainer, training on my own and my diet. Cuz that just how life happens sometimes. I have been out of the gym and off my bike for over a week. I expect at least another week out, and then I am optimistic that I get to work out at least some.

I have tons of weight to lose - and muscle to build. I have one of the at home scales that gives me body fat %. I know it isn't really accurate, but gives me something to measure against.

Will that work? I would love to see a couple of inches and more off my midsection by June 1st.

Please kick my azz............
    Injuries are the bane of the bodybuilder. You will get past this and get fitter and stronger. Use whatever body fat estimator you have at hand and that will do. I have one of those too and have relied on it but will see if I can't get one of those fancy machines for a before and after for this test.

Get ready... It starts the Monday after Easter and that's a week from TODAY!!!

Old Bob

Originally Posted by Nikonguy View Post
    **crickets chirping**
    Nikonguy,

I don't understand the **crickets chirping** part, but I remember some of our PM's and your profile and you, like me, could benefit greatly from this.

Hope you join us!

I was 221 pounds this morning and I forgot to check my BF but I'll check it a week from today for sure.

Old Bob

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Old Bob View Post
    Flex? You in?
    Sure; I'm in brother.

-=FLEX=-

EDIT: 250lbs and 29.5% BF as of this morning on my scale. I doubt it's accurate, but even if it's just a "line in the sand" type of thing, I can use it to track relative performance.
    Last edited by FLEXjs; 03-29-2010 at 01:47 AM.
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

Originally Posted by FLEXjs View Post
    Sure; I'm in brother.

-=FLEX=-
    HOOO YAHHHH!!!

Old Bob

Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sorry, the time span is too short for me bro. I have three powerlifting meets scheduled between Easter and Christmas and rapid fat loss in not in my program at the moment (sloooow fat loss is however).

But thanks for thinking of me as an "fat, old fart".

John Adams

-=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

But thanks for thinking of me as an "fat, old fart".

I was kinda thinking the same thing when I saw this thread this morning.

I'm already on a 90 day challenge on my car forum (od I know), which ends April 11, so this can just be a continuation of that for me; so not too short a time frame at all.

-=FLEX=-

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sure; I'm in brother.

-=FLEX=-

EDIT: 250lbs and 29.5% BF as of this morning on my scale. I doubt it's accurate, but even if it's just a "line in the sand" type of thing, I can use it to track relative performance.
    Just an FYI but those electronic impedance scales can be way off and usually not in your favor. If you look anything like your avatar you're way less then what your scale says.
    If this were easy, everyone would do it!

Originally Posted by Cgb6810 View Post
    Just an FYI but those electronic impedance scales can be way off and usually not in your favor. If you look anything like your avatar you're way less then what your scale says.
    I am actually a little bit leaner than my avi. That pic was taken a few weeks ago.

And yes, I have serious doubts that my scale is anywhere near accurate on the BF side of things. It is usually pretty close to the balance scale at my gym on my weight though.

-=FLEX=-

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

Originally Posted by Cgb6810 View Post
    Just an FYI but those electronic impedance scales can be way off and usually not in your favor.
    Hmmm, I was wondering how the cometitors were going to meaure results over such a short period of time. Obviously the weight loss can be measured but how does one measure muscle gain over 8 weeks without hydrostatc testing? I'm not sure even a Body Pod is that accurate.

Maybe go from Easter to Thanksgiving. ...............American Thanksgiving

John Adams

Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hmmm, I was wondering how the cometitors were going to meaure results over such a short period of time. Obviously the weight loss can be measured but how does one measure muscle gain over 8 weeks without hydrostatc testing? I'm not sure even a Body Pod is that accurate.

Maybe go from Easter to Thanksgiving. ...............American Thanksgiving
    Very tough to get an accurate measurement IMO. My training partner started his competition diet on Saturday. Visually I think he's about 11-12% bf. He had a very experienced trainer caliper him at 7.5%. He then went to a local college where they had just acquired a Bod Pod and that had him at 18%? No way is he 18% but 7.5% isn't accurate either. In my gym, competitors do no BF% testing. We base our progress visually and of course by the scale, but no BF testing.
    If this were easy, everyone would do it!

OK... It looks like my idea sux!!!

Let's just forget it but have a great time.

Back to Basics....

Old Bob

OK... It looks like my idea sux!!!

Let's just forget it but have a great time.

Back to Basics....

Old Bob
    Nobody said it sux Bob but 8 weeks would be a little short of a time frame unless people are already at a pretty low bf. Just my opinion though.

John Adams

I'm still going for it. 13 weeks of my current challenge (2 weeks left on it) plus another 8 weeks should get in not too bad shape. I'm seeing good results already.

-=FLEX=-

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

Exclamation

I'm still going for it. 13 weeks of my current challenge (2 weeks left on it) plus another 8 weeks should get in not too bad shape. I'm seeing good results already.

-=FLEX=-
    Alright Flex!!! It's you and me guy! Take NO prisoners!!!!

Rambo Bob (previously known as Old Bob)

Alright Flex!!! It's you and me guy! Take NO prisoners!!!!

LMAO. Giddy-up brother.

249 just now on my scale. 29.2% BF

-=FLEX=-

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

222 pounds for me right now but I'll probably start at 220 or less on the official start date which is next Tuesday. I'm also on the hunt for one of those super duper expensive BF calculator machines or might have my trainer do a caliper test on me.

I'll have the figures ready soon.

You goin' DOWN Flex... You're runnin' with the BIG DOG now....

GreyGymrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GreyGymrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GreyGymrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GreyGymrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GreyGymrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GreyGymrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GreyGymrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GreyGymrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GreyGymrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GreyGymrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GreyGymrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good luck with it you two.

Either way, if you both continue to hit the gym regularly and eat right, you are both bound to win.

You guys should post up some starting pics and do updates every other week or so.
    Rule# 32 Enjoy the little things in life.

josh71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Is it too late to get in on this challenge? I know I'm not an "old fart" yet........

Originally Posted by josh71 View Post
    Is it too late to get in on this challenge? I know I'm not an "old fart" yet........
    Well...it's the AFTER Easter challenge, so I don't think it's too late.

-=FLEX=-

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

slave2beingFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) slave2beingFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) slave2beingFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) slave2beingFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) slave2beingFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) slave2beingFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) slave2beingFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) slave2beingFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) slave2beingFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) slave2beingFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) slave2beingFit is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Wait...........

You goin' DOWN Flex... You're runnin' with the BIG DOG now....

You two going to play alone? ARe girls not allowed? I could use the two of you to push me. Looks like I might be allowed back in the gym - to work up slowly - after my blood clot fiasco.
    ... "and the bootprints behind me are someone's I used to be...."

March 2010 Goals:
    3 lifting sessions 2 cardio sessions each week
    clean eating!
    a solid four weeks

start: 5'6" 220 46.5%

BP: 75 lbs
    StairMaster: 33 floors in 20 minutes

Originally Posted by slave2beingFit View Post
    You two going to play alone? ARe girls not allowed? I could use the two of you to push me. Looks like I might be allowed back in the gym - to work up slowly - after my blood clot fiasco.
    ABSOLUTELY!!! We like girls...

The official kickoff date is Tuesday but anyone that has started early is getting a running start and that's also good.

What are your goals?

Old Bob

Originally Posted by josh71 View Post
    Josh,

Jump right in but be ready for some KICK A$$ workouts!!!

Old Bob

I think I may go see if my gym has a BodyFat tester. I am convinced my home digital scale isn't worth crap.

I was 248 this morning, but it's still saying 28% bodyfat. yet I am seeing some definition in my shoulders, arms, and legs, and I have to cinch my belt one more nothc these days.

I was 247 at the gym today and yesterday after my workout, so i updated my official stats in my profile for weight (but not bodyfat).

-=FLEX=-

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Don't forget your workout face, it will help tremendously....
    On the list for Bannukah

Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    LULZ

repped....$hit, must spread

John Adams

Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    You mean this one?

Or THIS one?

Old Bob
    Last edited by Old Bob; 03-31-2010 at 07:54 AM.

*BUMP*

How's it going so far Bob?

I'm 245 as of this morning.

-=FLEX=-

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak