newbebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question How to know how much to eat to shred wieght but keep muscle..

New to all this so be easy!!! I am 39 yrs old....I lift everyday for 1/2 hour and then cardio for 1/2 hour..thats all the time i have in the afternoon...was thinking of doing cardio 1/2 in morning and afternoon to help lose more fat...I am 6 foot tall and 263lbs..pretty muscular except for stomach is a big boat of fat....enough about me..

thinking about competing in ametur contest somewhere...might be crazy, but i always wanted to do it and why not..

here is what i eat....dont know if i am eating too little, to much or what but been stuck on 265 the last 4 months...stinks..

Meal 1 6:30am
    1 cup of oatmeal
    2-scoops of %100 whey isolate
    1-bannana
    40-ounces of black coffee
    2 tablespoons of flaxseed
    or
    1 cup of oatmeal
    1-scoops of %100 whey isolate
    6-egg whites with 2 yolks
    2 tablespoons of flaxseed
    40 ounces of black coffee.

Meal 2 9am
    Apple
    maybe ostrim meat stick

Meal 3 12am
    1-6oz chicken Breast
    3-Cups of Brocolli or 1/2 can of green beans and 1/2 can whole kernel corn

Meal 4 3pm
    2-scoops of %100 whey isolate=52 grams protein and 4 carbs
    fiber one bar

go work out and right after i have 2-scoops of %100 whey isolate protein

Meal 5 6:30-7pm
    Fish or chicken or samon or tuna steak=6 onces
    3 cups of Brocolli or 1/2 can of green beans and corn...
    Yam

10PM good night

I also take about 11 vitamins in the morning in a pak and glutamine in the morning and after lifting with protein...
    I also take a metabolism booster throughout the day and drink 15-20 glasses of water...

want to cut the fat away fast, but dont know if i am eating to much, to little or what i am doing wrong.......any help is appreciated...maybe my whole diet is whacked...dont know....

is 3 protein shakes aday...to much???????

Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Trial and error. There's only one way to know if you're losing muscle mass.

One day you'll walk into the weight room, lay down on a bench, throw some weight up and you realize...."oh ****, this is the same weight I was 8-9 repping three weeks ago. But it's really hard to push it up more than 3-4 times now. I think I'm getting weaker."

Lost strength does NOT necessarily mean lost muscle. It does mean you are GOING to lose muscle though if you keep doing what you're doing.

newbebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you or anyone think i am eating to little or too much to be losing weight??? Currently this is my main goal is to shred weight fast, but dont know if i am eating to little or too much???

BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's depends on how much physical activity u do to determine if it is too much or not. Also three shakes is too much bro.

Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000) Teflon_Don is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by newbebuilder View Post
    Do you or anyone think i am eating to little or too much to be losing weight??? Currently this is my main goal is to shred weight fast, but dont know if i am eating to little or too much???
    2500 calories per day would be a good place to start.
    NSCA-CSCS

My blog: http://www.worldsfittestblog.com/

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

“Master your instrument, master the music, and then forget all that bull and just play.” --Charlie Parker