Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: alcohol

GreekZPapa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

alcohol

what does it do to the body when bulking? how does it hurt you? im not saying i drink or anything, more for like future references

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    In before this thread turns into the pissing match it surely will become.

Past that, here's some objective info from a guy who knows his stuff:

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...e_to_alcohol_1

BTW, and this is JMO, I'm not a fan of the website in this link, but a big fan of the guy who wrote the article.
    Last edited by ironwill2008; 03-29-2010 at 05:36 AM.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    In before this thread turns into the pissing match it surely will become.

Past that, here's some objective info from a guy who knows his stuff:

BTW, and this is JMO, I'm not a fan of the website in this link, but a big fan of the guy who wrote the article.
    thanks man. i just got done reading it. it says it has no effects if you just like do it on weekends. only if your an alcoholic and drink a lot every day.

it was just a curious question.

i was mainly thinking if it affected your muscle gains or anything like that (gaining muscle/bulking

Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    GreekZpapa, are you 16 yrs old? You shouldn't be drinking, right?

IMO moderation is key when it comes to alcohol. Im sure most have heard of the French Paradox.

The French Paradox is the observation that the French suffer a relatively low incidence of coronary heart disease, despite having a diet relatively rich in saturated fats.[1] The term French Paradox was coined by Dr. Serge Renaud, a scientist from Bordeaux University in France.[2]
    When a description of this paradox was aired in the United States on 60 Minutes in 1991 with the proposal that red wine decreases the incidence of cardiac diseases, the consumption of red wine increased 44% and some wineries began lobbying for the right to label their products "health food".[3]
    The authors of a review of dietary studies concluded that there was insufficient evidence to establish a causal link between consumption of saturated fats and coronary heart disease risk,[4] and statistics collected by the WHO from 1990–2000 show that the incidence of heart disease in France may have been underestimated, and may in fact be similar to that of neighboring countries.[3] In 2008, a study found that high doses of resveratrol (a constituent of red wine) mimicked some of the benefits of caloric restriction (including reduced effects of aging) in mice.[5]
    If this were easy, everyone would do it!

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Cgb6810 View Post
    He's just thinking ahead... planning for the future
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by GreekZPapa View Post
    thanks man. i just got done reading it. it says it has no effects if you just like do it on weekends. only if your an alcoholic and drink a lot every day.

it was just a curious question.

i was mainly thinking if it affected your muscle gains or anything like that (gaining muscle/bulking

I didn't read the article ( I will). But, everything you put into your body has an effect. Moderation is surely the key (with food and alcohol, and everything else), but if you drink every weekend (and some do), it will affect you. It may not be a set back in the sense that daily drinking will/can be, or even permanently harmful.

I will tell you this. The longer you wait to start drinking, the better off you will be.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just popped a cold one and started reading ...
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

Tingly like Beta-Alanine! alkemyst's Avatar
    alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Arnold and crew used to follow workouts with a couple beers here and there.

I am sticking to having my Michelob Ultras every weekend and holiday It's my only cheat really. Any other is like having 4-5 pototo chips at most, or maybe just a bite of a dessert.

I have found taking a bite/small portion of something stops the 'host' from insisting more .

6' 195lbs 32" W 17.5" Gs HeismanWatch's Avatar
    HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by alkemyst View Post
    Arnold and crew used to follow workouts with a couple beers here and there.
    Arnold was on steroids. The OP is below 18 and you have to be 21 to drink, so alcohol is illegal to the OP.

Regardless, alcohol suppresses testosterone production. Those in their 30s and 40s know the importance of NOT having their testosterone levels lower than they already are at that age.

Alcohol is a KNOWN depressant. Why? Because it counters the great feeling of a stout testosterone level. Why do most people that continue to drink in their 40s (men) begin to feel the drag of alcohol that they didn't encounter in their 20s? (Low testosterone combine with alcohol, which drops those tests levels even lower is a combo for "I'm depressed", "I need anti-depressants".) When in reality they just need to cut the sauce and work-out to maximize their testosterone level to feel that fountain of youth again.

I once had a Psychiatrist tell me, if he could bottle "working-out" in the form of a pill, he could cure 70% of his patients that are taking anti-depressants. People prefer to take anti-depressants and drink alcohol, than cut both and just simply work-out.

Anti-depressants + Alcohol = Oxymoron approach to life

We tend to shoot ourselves in the foot with cigarettes and alcohol, and blame the world for our problems.
    Last edited by HeismanWatch; 03-29-2010 at 04:00 AM.
    Pre-W/O Weight Days = IntrAbolic
    Post-W/O Weight Days = Purple Intrain
    PWO Weight Days = 100% Whey Optimum
    Protein Drink Between Meals = Myofusion
    BCAA's Throughout the Day = Xtend
    PRE Cardio Days = Purple Wraath
    PWO Cardio Days = Xtend
    Multi-Vitamin = Source Naturals Life Force
    Flex = Animal Flex
    Cissus = Supplement Direct

alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alkemyst has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by HeismanWatch View Post
    Arnold was on steroids. The OP is below 18 and you have to be 21 to drink, so alcohol is illegal to the OP.

Regardless, alcohol suppresses testosterone production. Those in their 30s and 40s know the importance of NOT having their testosterone levels lower than they already are at that age.

Alcohol is a KNOWN depressant. Why? Because it counters the great feeling of a stout testosterone level. Why do most people that continue to drink in their 40s (men) begin to feel the drag of alcohol that they didn't encounter in their 20s? (Low testosterone combine with alcohol, which drops those tests levels even lower is a combo for "I'm depressed", "I need anti-depressants".) When in reality they just need to cut the sauce and work-out to maximize their testosterone level to feel that fountain of youth again.

I once had a Psychiatrist tell me, if he could bottle "working-out" in the form of a pill, he could cure 70% of his patients that are taking anti-depressants. People prefer to take anti-depressants and drink alcohol, than cut both and just simply work-out.

Anti-depressants + Alcohol = Oxymoron approach to life

We tend to shoot ourselves in the foot with cigarettes and alcohol, and blame the world for our problems.
    didn't know he was 18, in a 35 and over subforum I am not really paying attention to age.

I am 38. I have about 6-7 mich ultras friday, saturday and sunday. 18-21 beers. I am on only week 8 after 4 years off.

I am adding weight to all my exercises / more reps each workout. I am getting very muscular / veins showing. I am endomorphic as it is.

I don't think having beer a few nights a week is going to thwart anyone's progress significantly.

I do know if I miss my friday workout and do it on a saturday after drinking the night before hard, it's not as a heavy workout. I still get it in if I miss it.

McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50)

The French Paradox is the observation that the French suffer a relatively low incidence of coronary heart disease, despite having a diet relatively rich in saturated fats.[1] The term French Paradox was coined by Dr. Serge Renaud, a scientist from Bordeaux University in France.[2]

When a description of this paradox was aired in the United States on 60 Minutes in 1991 with the proposal that red wine decreases the incidence of cardiac diseases, the consumption of red wine increased 44% and some wineries began lobbying for the right to label their products "health food".[3][5]
    Not related to the leisurely pace of French lunch and dinner sessions compared to others cultures' 'eat on the move' ?
    because fitness isn't coincidence

yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000)

IMO moderation is key when it comes to alcohol. Im sure most have heard of the French Paradox.

When a description of this paradox was aired in the United States on 60 Minutes in 1991 with the proposal that red wine decreases the incidence of cardiac diseases, the consumption of red wine increased 44% and some wineries began lobbying for the right to label their products "health food".[3]
    The authors of a review of dietary studies concluded that there was insufficient evidence to establish a causal link between consumption of saturated fats and coronary heart disease risk,[4] and statistics collected by the WHO from 1990–2000 show that the incidence of heart disease in France may have been underestimated, and may in fact be similar to that of neighboring countries.[3] In 2008, a study found that high doses of resveratrol (a constituent of red wine) mimicked some of the benefits of caloric restriction (including reduced effects of aging) in mice.[5]
    I rekon the paradox is explained by the lack of stress in French lives over the past few generations

They've achieved that by allowing everyone else fight their battles for them

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154678393

If a guy's working harder than me - doing more than me - he fking well deserves to beat me.

Simple plan.

"Conceive. Believe. Perceive. Achieve", RMW

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I don't think having beer a few nights a week is going to thwart anyone's progress significantly.
    It all depends I guess. On the rare occasion I do go to a bar (usually to see friends, since I don't drink), I don't see too many "fit" people there. It isn't the beer/alcohol necessarily, but the habits that sometimes go hand in hand with the alcohol.

Most of the guys I know (certainly not all) who drink and lift, have on more than one occasion missed a training day due to alcohol consumption the night before. To me, that isn't a good trade off.

JMO

Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ...I am 38. I have about 6-7 mich ultras friday, saturday and sunday. 18-21 beers. I am on only week 8 after 4 years off.
    Damn... what's a lot of beers. Why so much?

didn't know he was 18, in a 35 and over subforum I am not really paying attention to age.

I am 38. I have about 6-7 mich ultras friday, saturday and sunday. 18-21 beers. I am on only week 8 after 4 years off.

I am adding weight to all my exercises / more reps each workout. I am getting very muscular / veins showing. I am endomorphic as it is.

I do know if I miss my friday workout and do it on a saturday after drinking the night before hard, it's not as a heavy workout. I still get it in if I miss it.
    thats what i was thinking. drinking only on weekends should harm you that much. but i guess its more of an opioun than a fact

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by yakabebe View Post
    I rekon the paradox is explained by the lack of stress in French lives over the past few generations

They've achieved that by allowing everyone else fight their battles for them

Well said. I agree 100%
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by GreekZPapa View Post
    thats what i was thinking. drinking only on weekends should harm you that much. but i guess its more of an opioun than a fact
    That's for sure!!

A lot of self-rationalization to justify something.

Hell, I do it a lot too. 6 wings can't hurt that much, can it? One Amber Back? Can't hurt that much...

Over time it builds up though. You can't deny yourself your cravings... but 18-21 beers per week or weekend, regardless of brand / carbs, is way way way too much, for anyone looking to stay in shape.

Originally Posted by Frank87 View Post
    6 light beers isn't that much for a 200lb guy over the course of a night.

My waist is still shrinking, my muscle is increasing, I am getting more vascular.

It's not slowing me down that much.

Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    It all depends I guess. On the rare occasion I do go to a bar (usually to see friends, since I don't drink), I don't see too many "fit" people there. It isn't the beer/alcohol necessarily, but the habits that sometimes go hand in hand with the alcohol.

Most of the guys I know (certainly not all) who drink and lift, have on more than one occasion missed a training day due to alcohol consumption the night before. To me, that isn't a good trade off.

JMO
    I don't see many fit people anywhere though. Even at the beach.

Greens will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greens will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greens will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greens will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greens will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greens will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greens will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greens will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greens will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greens will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greens will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

Haha, the price of US beer is the price of our pop (slight exaggeration)! I'd consume a lot more than my 8 or so on the weekends if it wasn't $22.00 CDN for 12 cans...

Beer+treadmill=win for me!

As a percentage of who is or is not fit, I'll put my money on the beach goers. Not to mention the high number of bar skanks that you find...in bars.

LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    18-21 beers per weekend is a great way to end up with a serious drinking problem. I'm not being judgmental - I'm just speaking from experience. I had a moderate to serious drinking problem for awhile and spent nine months totally abstaining and got myself very much on track. I may have measurable alcohol one night on a weekend, but that's it. Seven beers three nights in a row spells BIG TROUBLE at some point.

Just trying to help.

LPM
    "Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy. It is the wine of a new procreation, and I am Bacchus who presses out this glorious wine for men and makes them drunk with the spirit."

Beethoven

LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LanePianoMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I don't see many fit people anywhere, either - even at the gym.

LPM
    "Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy. It is the wine of a new procreation, and I am Bacchus who presses out this glorious wine for men and makes them drunk with the spirit."

Beethoven

MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSportMag will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you cut out the drinking (I mean totally) for a few months and gauge how you feel as compared to when you're partying (even just on weekends), you'll see the difference right away. This has nothing to do with identifying a drinking problem or not, but merely to get the most out of your workouts when you're older.

15 or 20 years ago, I could go out and get hammered, sleep three hours and get to the gym and squat over 300 pounds. If I went out now, I would be a mess the next day, let alone getting my workout in.

When you even get drunk on weekends, you're sleep and diet routine get all screwed up. Once in a while, everyone needs to have fun. But steady on friday and saturday will catch up to you and you'll find that you're skipping workouts and eating garbage in a diner late at night more often.
    www.MuscleSportMag.com - Bodybuilding, Pro Sports, Fitness

Originally Posted by LanePianoMan View Post
    18-21 beers per weekend is a great way to end up with a serious drinking problem. I'm not being judgmental - I'm just speaking from experience. I had a moderate to serious drinking problem for awhile and spent nine months totally abstaining and got myself very much on track. I may have measurable alcohol one night on a weekend, but that's it. Seven beers three nights in a row spells BIG TROUBLE at some point.

Just trying to help.

LPM
    Not only this, but typically people are smoking, or eating unhealthy food along with the beer as well. It all adds up.

HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50)

He is BELOW the age of 18. Reading comprehension can be tough to grasp. : )

Those below 18 shouldn't be asking alcohol questions as that person isn't legally able to consume alcohol. Why should one be advising a minor on alcohol issues in such an informal forum without parent consent?

That's my point.
    PWO Cardio Days = Xtend
    Flex = Animal Flex

Your gains without 21 beers a weekend would be greater. Their is science to support it. Once you hit the age of 40 you'll feel the affects of that 21 beers versus you testosterone level.

Print this thread. Put it in a safe place and come back and tell us how you feel with your current regimen in four years. You will be shocked to say the least.

There is a science behind alcohol consumption and its effects on the body. I'd research as much as you can before you find yourself in a place that will cost truck loads of money and heartache to get out of.

According to the movie Bigger, Stronger, and Faster:

Alcohol ranks high on the cause of ER visits, the #1 cause of ER visits in alcohol (150,000), #2 *******, #3 marijuana and steroids they rank 142nd as a cause for ER visits.
    PWO Cardio Days = Xtend
    Flex = Animal Flex

oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thee is only one reason people drink. They like the buzz they get.
    Wine tastes like sweet rotten fruity vinegar.
    Beer tastes like sweet yeasty rotten compost.
    Most other stiff drinks tastes like cough syrup and burns your throat.

I love it when peeps tell me that "It's an acquired taste". Which means you have to get used to it. Basically the synapsis in the brain signal the memory that this will make them "feel good" after they have been conditioned to it after drinking on a regular basis. Tthen you develop a taste for it and then a craving for it.

Life if just so much simpler and better without it, IMO.
    Last edited by oldsuperman; 03-30-2010 at 11:33 PM.
    CHECK OUT MY INTERVIEW WITH "SIMPLYSHREDDED"
    http://www.simplyshredded.com/ed-cook-interview.html

2009 Bodyspace Member of The Year!

http://www.********.com/group.php?gid=180967149598&v=info#/event.php?eid=264800703001&ref=nf

Your gains without 21 beers a weekend would be greater. Their is science to support it. Once you hit the age of 40 you'll feel the affects of that 21 beers versus you testosterone level.

Print this thread. Put it in a safe place and come back and tell us how you feel with your current regimen in four years. You will be shocked to say the least.

There is a science behind alcohol consumption and its effects on the body. I'd research as much as you can before you find yourself in a place that will cost truck loads of money and heartache to get out of.

According to the movie Bigger, Stronger, and Faster:

Alcohol ranks high on the cause of ER visits, the #1 cause of ER visits in alcohol (150,000), #2 *******, #3 marijuana and steroids they rank 142nd as a cause for ER visits.
    People have told me these things since I was 16. I drank about 6 liters of soda a day for years...still at 38 I have my first cavity forming...

Most here would have faster gains if they went full balls-out. Most here aren't looking for that, it's been a little over 7 weeks for me after 4 years off totally and people are noticing dramatic differences.

Everyone told me don't expect it to come back as fast as it did in my 20's...I think I am getting better gains now because my training is focused on heavy and get out rather than go 2+ hours. I am getting proper rest now rather than being out all night at clubs.

I also lost 86lbs once in 90 days when I was 26....people said that was impossible too.

There is no doubt that beer is not good for me. However, there are things far worse part of my life and others they simply overlook.

He is BELOW the age of 18. Reading comprehension can be tough to grasp. : )

Those below 18 shouldn't be asking alcohol questions as that person isn't legally able to consume alcohol. Why should one be advising a minor on alcohol issues in such an informal forum without parent consent?

That's my point.
    im not saying i drink or anything, more for like future references
    besides that, it's illegal to serve a minor alcohol...didn't know it was a crime to talk to them about it.

I was drinking by 16 in bars and clubs. I think too many have hangups on alcohol because they have had bad experiences or don't understand it.

Most of one's education is taught prior to one being able to 'legally' perform in those functions. I don't get your logic in that.