fuelish1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuelish1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuelish1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuelish1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuelish1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuelish1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuelish1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuelish1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuelish1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuelish1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuelish1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

forearms and hands going to sleep at night

I tend to sleep on my stomach with my arms under my pillow...when I wake up, my arms are asleep usually from my elbows to my hands, sometimes even all the way up to my bicep/tricep areas....could this be hindering any progress in development due to the reduction in bloodfloow to these areas? My fingers are usually tingly and so numb I can hardly turn off my alarmclock....any suggestions? Thanks
    don't be superstitious, it's bad luck!

dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    don't sleep with your arms under the pillow.

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dutter View Post
    don't sleep with your arms under the pillow.
    You beat me to it.

Solution seems simple enough.

/thread

-=FLEX=-
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rob440 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Did you ever have the whole arm go numb and lift it up and get smacked in the face with a sleeping hand? I have. No solution for you but I think the bigger and heavier you get the more difficult it gets to find a beneficial sleeping position. I sleep like you described sometimes but I find I switch around to 4 basic positions throughout the night.

fuelish1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuelish1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuelish1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuelish1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuelish1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuelish1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuelish1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuelish1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuelish1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuelish1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fuelish1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I try to go to sleep in a different position, but that's the one I wake up in...I can deal with numbhands when wakin' up, I'm wondering more about ability to put any mass on like that....aint slapped myself with the "deadhand" yet *knocks wood*

dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by fuelish1 View Post
    I try to go to sleep in a different position, but that's the one I wake up in...I can deal with numbhands when wakin' up, I'm wondering more about ability to put any mass on like that....aint slapped myself with the "deadhand" yet *knocks wood*
    you don't want your deadhand to knock your wood either (kidding). seariously though, i toss & turn a lot. sometimes i get a numb hand, arm or shoulder. i actually think my sleeping habits contrbute to some shoulder issues i have. the best thing to do would be sleep on the back but that is eaiser said then done. sorry i can't help much.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I tend to sleep on my stomach with my arms under my pillow...when I wake up, my arms are asleep usually from my elbows to my hands, sometimes even all the way up to my bicep/tricep areas....could this be hindering any progress in development due to the reduction in bloodfloow to these areas? My fingers are usually tingly and so numb I can hardly turn off my alarmclock....any suggestions? Thanks
    Not just the weight of your skull reducing bloodflow, but you're probably pinching off the nerves around the neck and shoulder. You can train yourself to sleep on your side or back. (My best sleep position is my back, but my wife says I snore like a freight train and rolls me over onto my side while I'm sleeping anyway.) If you keep lying on your side before falling asleep, eventually you'll get used to it, and you'll have trouble falling asleep on your stomach.

Originally Posted by rob440 View Post
    Did you ever have the whole arm go numb and lift it up and get smacked in the face with a sleeping hand?
    Yeah! In that uber-groggy half-second right before I'm actually conscious, my first thought is usually something like, "My arm came off. How did that happen?"
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    your arms are falling asleep because your biceps are getting bigger. the only thing you can do is try to keep them straighter while sleeping. this is a very common problem and this question pops up here on the forum about once a month or so.

Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yep, happens to me all the time. I can't sleep on my back and if I sleep on my side my shoulder hurts. I fall asleep on my stomach and then wake up on my back several times a night. Getting worse with every pound I gain. Im thinking I need one of them old fart beds that bends so I can sleep in a reclining position??
    If this were easy, everyone would do it!

snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Cgb6810 View Post
    Yep, happens to me all the time. I can't sleep on my back and if I sleep on my side my shoulder hurts. I fall asleep on my stomach and then wake up on my back several times a night. Getting worse with every pound I gain. Im thinking I need one of them old fart beds that bends so I can sleep in a reclining position??
    no, you need one of them old fart beds because you're an old fart...

j/k

Glad I'm not the only one that has these issues.

Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I like back sleeping best, but I find my arms fall asleep from it, so I switch to side when I start to feel the tingle. I snore really bad too (any position) but after a sleep apnea study which showed I just snore and don't have apnea, I got a mouthpiece from my dentist that has cured my snoring 99%. My wife is thankful for it. Now I can her starting to snore once in a while now.. lol and when her folks stay over they both sound like diesel trucks...

dmger14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmger14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmger14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmger14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmger14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmger14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmger14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmger14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmger14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmger14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmger14 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've had the same problem with hands and arms going numb, way moreso now that I've been lifting again. I thought about posting about it here as well. I guess it's something we have to deal with, since we mostly stir while asleep, and won't be thinking clearly on a position based on whether it leads to numbness.
    It is physically impossible to achieve molecular dislocation with a smile on your face.

I noticed that the average age of the posters in this thread is about 43, I dont remember this happening when I was younger....maybe it is pinching a nerve or something and not bloodflow related....but it sure feels like it

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Old Superman trained his arms to stay straight by tying them to his side before bed. I might be a little freaked if I woke up tied up.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Carpal tunnel?? When I was doing a lot of wrist curls, the numbness in my hands would be so bad that I'd spend half an hour kneeding my hands, shaking them, opening and closing my hands into fists hundreds of times and my hands still wouldn't respond at times. Don't know about the creeping all the way up the arm.
    "When we were children, we used to think that when we grew up we would no longer be vulnerable. But to grow up is to accept vulnerability, to be alive is to be vulnerable." Madeleine L'Engle

$BMBC$

My teams:
    Bears
    Blackhawks
    Bulls
    White Sox

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    the first sign of carpal tunnel .. but could be other things..

Anyway try and supplement with L-Arginine L-ornithine Nitric oxide is a vasodilator
    it will bring more blood to your extremities, I suffer form CTS(carpal tunnel syndrome) and for me it worked wonders no more tingly hands
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

dawsondvm will become famous soon enough. (+50) dawsondvm will become famous soon enough. (+50) dawsondvm will become famous soon enough. (+50) dawsondvm will become famous soon enough. (+50) dawsondvm will become famous soon enough. (+50) dawsondvm will become famous soon enough. (+50) dawsondvm will become famous soon enough. (+50) dawsondvm will become famous soon enough. (+50) dawsondvm will become famous soon enough. (+50) dawsondvm will become famous soon enough. (+50) dawsondvm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your issue is not blood flow related. Your sleeping position is placing stress on your ulnar nerves (funny bone). Stretching or pressure on this nerve can lead to numbness from elbow down. Happens to me too.
    Last edited by dawsondvm; 03-25-2010 at 05:18 PM.

Originally Posted by BrotherWolf View Post
    the first sign of carpal tunnel .. but could be other things..

Anyway try and supplement with L-Arginine L-ornithine Nitric oxide is a vasodilator
    it will bring more blood to your extremities, I suffer form CTS(carpal tunnel syndrome) and for me it worked wonders no more tingly hands
    Originally Posted by dawsondvm View Post
    Your issue is not blood flow related. Your sleeping position is placing stress on your ulnar nerves (funny bone). Stretching or pressure on this nerve can lead to numbness from elbow down. Happens to me too.
    THANKS for the great 411 guys!!!

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    THANKS for the great 411 guys!!!
    I vote for carpal tunnel .. it's very common
    but if you want to be sure go see a doc
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frank87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I sleep standing up, with one eye open at all times.

Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by BrotherWolf View Post
    I vote for carpal tunnel .. it's very common
    but if you want to be sure go see a doc
    I vote for biceps are getting bigger and cutting blood flow. It's even more common. Let us know Fuelish

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Now that it's had a couple of days to percolate, with all the trains running through New Braunfels, you're lucky to get sleep at all.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Wind Dancer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wind Dancer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wind Dancer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wind Dancer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wind Dancer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wind Dancer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wind Dancer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wind Dancer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wind Dancer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wind Dancer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wind Dancer is on a distinguished road. (+10)

odd

That's odd. I have the same issue if I fall asleep on my back. Hands and arms go asleep up to the elbows on both arms. Weird huh?

GreyGymrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GreyGymrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GreyGymrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GreyGymrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GreyGymrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GreyGymrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GreyGymrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GreyGymrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GreyGymrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GreyGymrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GreyGymrat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I go to sleep like you. I also had numbness issues as well.

I use a buckwheat pillow now. Google buckwheat pillow or sobakawa. Get the biggest one you can find. I also have done a lot of foam roller work to stretch out my clavicles/pecs. Haven't had my arms go numb in months.

The pillow takes some getting used to, but I can't sleep without it now. I take a smaller version with me on trips.

I went to see a chiro about the problem thinking it was a structural thing. He was the one who suggested the pillow change and foam work. Pain free and numb free for a long time.

Might want to check it out.
    Rule# 32 Enjoy the little things in life.

J.Ho will become famous soon enough. (+50) J.Ho will become famous soon enough. (+50) J.Ho will become famous soon enough. (+50) J.Ho will become famous soon enough. (+50) J.Ho will become famous soon enough. (+50) J.Ho will become famous soon enough. (+50) J.Ho will become famous soon enough. (+50) J.Ho will become famous soon enough. (+50) J.Ho will become famous soon enough. (+50) J.Ho will become famous soon enough. (+50) J.Ho will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Saw a similar thread some months ago. Same problem here. Side sleeper, with my arm out so basically my head is laying on shoulder with pillow in between. However if I wake on my back sleeping, my hands are sometimes numb regardless. Often wondered if it was slowing my progress.

Will look at that what, rhubarb.. no, buckwheat pillow.. probably not going to tie my arms to my sides anytime soon tho!
    Jeff

"Over 40 Transformation Of The Week February 2010"
    www.bodybuilding.com/fun/over-40-transformation-jeff-hodges.htm