JonnyK92x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonnyK92x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonnyK92x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonnyK92x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonnyK92x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonnyK92x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

is it safe to run for 3 hours

or is that too long. half walking half running actually. i calculated a 15 minute mile which is not much at all. for 3 hours would burn 1400 calories for someone 200lbs. that sounds crazy to me. what about 5 hours. whats the limit???

RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lol 15 minute mile.

That's like a fast walk...

__Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000)
    "Too much" really depends on the person. But you'll be completely fine with that. I'd much rather do some HIIT than long distance like that though.
    How much grass could an ass to grass squater squat if an ass to grass squater could squat grass?

JonnyK92x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonnyK92x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonnyK92x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonnyK92x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonnyK92x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonnyK92x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well 15 minute just to under estimate a half fast walk and half running routine around track. 3 hours would lose almost a half a pound of body fat. sounds good to me.

RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunningStrong has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JonnyK92x View Post
    or is that too long. half walking half running actually. i calculated a 15 minute mile which is not much at all. for 3 hours would burn 1400 calories for someone 200lbs. that sounds crazy to me. what about 5 hours. whats the limit???
    Okay, let me start buy being more serious. I was just amazed that anyone would suggest a 15min mile unless they were morbidly obese.

You can run for 3 hours. Many people do for distance running purposes and some purely for fun. However, we're on a bodybuilding forum, so I can only assume this is going to be counter intuitive to your aims, muscle mass.

If you're doing it for a sport, then an hour is possibly the longest you want to be running continuously for. Though I'd never recommend doing only long runs for sport reasons.

Now if you're doing it for fat burn reasons I would suggest doing HIIT. Short, intense bursts of effort with a slow, but not static, recovery inbetween. If you do want to add a good base level of fitness to this I would do a 5Km run (3.1 mile) and seek to increase your time frequently and progressively.

well 15 minute just to under estimate a half fast walk and half running routine around track. 3 hours would lose almost a half a pound of body fat. sounds good to me.
    3 hours of walking around a track sounds good? Okay, your body.

paulx022 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulx022 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulx022 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulx022 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulx022 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulx022 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulx022 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulx022 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulx022 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulx022 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulx022 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    you wont lose half a pound of fat, youll lose a half a pound of water weight. if you want to lose the weight (i dont know why you would) then you have to do it repeatedley not just once

Originally Posted by paulx022 View Post
    you wont lose half a pound of fat, youll lose a half a pound of water weight. if you want to lose the weight (i dont know why you would) then you have to do it repeatedley not just once
    RED says wut?

Sure he'll lose weight. He'll be bruning calories that will eventually come from his fat reserves. And at that pace I doubt he'll lose a hell of a lot of water from sweating.

paulx022 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulx022 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulx022 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulx022 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulx022 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulx022 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulx022 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulx022 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulx022 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulx022 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulx022 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by RunningStrong View Post
    RED says wut?

Sure he'll lose weight. He'll be bruning calories that will eventually come from his fat reserves. And at that pace I doubt he'll lose a hell of a lot of water from sweating.
    yeah you right now that i think about it i wasnt really paying attention to the fact he's not running so he's not sweating, i wrestled and the reason i said that is because i thought he was running hard like we did i would lose 2 lbs every day after practice but then the next day i would gain it back. so yea your right
    and repped