Cupidvogel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cupidvogel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cupidvogel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cupidvogel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cupidvogel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cupidvogel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cupidvogel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cupidvogel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cupidvogel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cupidvogel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cupidvogel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Ketosis caloric intake and carb loading

I am planning to start a ketogenic routine for the next 2-3 months (if it works I will make it a lifestyle). I understand that it is a high fat low carb routine, and the total caloric intake is less than what I burn. For guide, I am following the details listed in this thread - t=156380183. I have two questions:

1. I have a desktop job, I workout in the evening for 1.5~2 hours for 6 days a week, the 7th day being complete rest. So what is my caloric intake per day per kg of my body mass? Is it 31-38, 38-40, or 41-50? In any case, once I get the range (say 31-38, and a median value of 35), multiply it with my mass to find the intake, what role will the activity factor play in determining the intake? Do I multiply the intake with the activity factor? I assume the activity factor for me is 1.5~1.6.

2. Every ketogenic diet says about a carb loading phase, where one day, traditionally the rest day, is high on carbs. However, if I consume lot of carbs one day, won't my body burn those carbs for the rest of the week workouts instead of my body fat, and thus defeat the very purpose of ketosis?
    When you are squeezing those excruciating last few reps, and when three reps are remaining, thinking that it is enough, lemme have some rest, will do it in the next set, you are losing. Those three reps are the passport to that beach body, the key to a better body, in short, where all the magic lies. So go on, squeeze dem!

raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You don't need to carb load.

Check out the book 'the art and science of low carb performance'. Also check out the article I posited in another thread titled 'low carb diet ideal for body recomposition'.

Cupidvogel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cupidvogel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cupidvogel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cupidvogel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cupidvogel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cupidvogel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cupidvogel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cupidvogel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cupidvogel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cupidvogel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cupidvogel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Can you answer my first question? Regarding my caloric intake calculation?
    Last edited by Cupidvogel; 09-25-2014 at 08:08 AM.
    When you are squeezing those excruciating last few reps, and when three reps are remaining, thinking that it is enough, lemme have some rest, will do it in the next set, you are losing. Those three reps are the passport to that beach body, the key to a better body, in short, where all the magic lies. So go on, squeeze dem!

eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eraser51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    is it good to refeed if on a stall?

should I refeed on high BF?

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Cupidvogel View Post
    Can you answer my first question? Regarding my caloric intake calculation?
    Pick one, track results. I would use one of the formulas in the nutrition stickies rather than X cals x Y mass, but either way you'll have to track and adjust.
    "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”

― Mark Twain

Originally Posted by MetilHed View Post
    Pick one, track results. I would use one of the formulas in the nutrition stickies rather than X cals x Y mass, but either way you'll have to track and adjust.
    Yeah, I am following that. Any idea about what role the activity factor plays in calculating the caloric intake?

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Cupidvogel View Post
    Yeah, I am following that. Any idea about what role the activity factor plays in calculating the caloric intake?
    Yeah, athletes and very active people need more calories. Desk jockey's should start on the low end.
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

So the calories/kg/day multiplied by my body mass should suffice for now?