Muscle Contractor Naturalgraham4's Avatar
    Naturalgraham4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Naturalgraham4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Naturalgraham4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Naturalgraham4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Naturalgraham4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Naturalgraham4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Naturalgraham4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Naturalgraham4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Naturalgraham4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Naturalgraham4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Naturalgraham4 is a name known to all. (+5000)

10 ways to achieve your fitness goals

I figure I would post a few of my most popular blogs here to spread the knowledge to some others who don't view my bodyblog. Check it out!

So I’ve been lifting for quite some time now almost a decade and until these last 4-5 years there has been many times when i felt stuck and plateau’ed almost to the point of quitting. But there were valuable things I learned along the way from some very important and influential figures in my life that got me to the point I am today. Also I fixed many of my problems and peaks myself without counting on anything but myself to get through it because really in this sport who else do you have.

1. Rest your injuries. You are way more likely to get demotivated by reinjuring yourself than you are by taking some time off to heal.

2. There are always other things you can do during a rest period to prepare your body for healthy workouts. Like enforcing a healthy diet and finding ways to exercise around your injury. See what hurts and what agitates the injury and dont repeat this motion. I had to take 4 months off bench press for a shoulder injury right when i was hitting the highest amount of weight I ever had. In short I re injured my shoulder about three times before I gave it the time to heal and now im nearly back to where I was.

3. Fitness is a path and quick results can be deceiving. Realize that your in this for the long haul and its a lifestyle change for a healthier, stronger, more energetic, and better feeling you. It takes a while to notice but when you eat healthy you will feel a ton better and your results in the gym will increase more than any supplement you take can cause.

4. Work everything equally but your weak points more. I saw a special on ESPN one day with Kiana Tom and she was talking about priority training which is training your weak points harder than anything else. Being a guy with gigantic arms and not much else I took thin to heart and started working out those muscles I hated to workout the most. Needless to say its helped me break so many of the tough barriers I still face.

5. Squat, Press, Deadlift, Lunge, Curl, Row, Pullups, crunches, sit ups, extensions… do em.

6. Practice your form before every exercise. I know it may look funny doing air squats but practice for sure makes perfect. Perfect form will increase your strength, burns, and pumps.

7. Be creative. Everyone pretty much knows a few exercises. Take those exercises and manipulate them in different ways to hit different parts of your muscle. If you know how to curl.. theres about 10 bicep exercises right there. Switch grips, change stance, change angles of motion, stall, change equipment, slow down, speed up… so many ways one exercise can be made into entire workouts.

8. Research & self discovery. Find the physique of a person you feel has obtained your goal. Learn their exercises and what they focus on and how they train. But remember everyone is different so dont be afraid to feel the muscle you want on your body while looking in the mirror and find what motions flex that muscle go to the gym and make that motion into a workout.. Be careful though new exercises have increased chance to cause injury so start light.

9. Many people today just lack the will power to change their life for the better. Self discipline is hard for anyone. I imagine the unhealthy habits and bad choices I make as that fat which holds us down and doesn’t let us reach our potential. Losing these bad habits and unhealthy choices are like peeling that fat off you by means of self discipline. You want results.. talk the talk and walk the walk. Flip those mental feelings of fatigue and laziness into a drive to reach your goals. Turn on that afterburner. Ive almost passed out many times at the gym almost have thrown up too because I drive myself past any mental breaking point.

10. Be unrelenting. Whats the point of obtaining your goals if your not going to continue with them after. Set backs are set backs and there’s always ways around them. A few years ago I had issues with my posture and I fixed it myself. I had an imbalance in my legs. I fixed that myself. No one helped me on these things that could of ended my fitness pursuit, I saw the problem and found answers.

ShadowBlaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShadowBlaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShadowBlaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShadowBlaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShadowBlaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShadowBlaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShadowBlaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShadowBlaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShadowBlaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShadowBlaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShadowBlaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

lol putting this on my wall
    age: 22 // height: 5'7.5" // weight: 147 lbs // bodyfat: 12%

jg7793 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jg7793 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jg7793 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jg7793 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jg7793 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jg7793 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Good advice!

rukia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rukia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    obsolutely is a great masterpiece advice
    Want to Know How Can You Lose Weight In 2010?http://howtolosestubbornbellyfatfast.blogspot.com/

mulla3rd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mulla3rd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mulla3rd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New member.

Great advice, thanks for sharing.
    Im just new to the site and I just thought i should say hi also.
    Cant wait for my bowflex dumbbells to arrive so I can get started and hopefully achive simlilar results as some of the guys on this site.

kyle866 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyle866 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyle866 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyle866 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyle866 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyle866 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kyle866 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Naturalgraham4 View Post
    I figure I would post a few of my most popular blogs here to spread the knowledge to some others who don't view my bodyblog. Check it out!

So I’ve been lifting for quite some time now almost a decade and until these last 4-5 years there has been many times when i felt stuck and plateau’ed almost to the point of quitting. But there were valuable things I learned along the way from some very important and influential figures in my life that got me to the point I am today. Also I fixed many of my problems and peaks myself without counting on anything but myself to get through it because really in this sport who else do you have.

1. Rest your injuries. You are way more likely to get demotivated by reinjuring yourself than you are by taking some time off to heal.

2. There are always other things you can do during a rest period to prepare your body for healthy workouts. Like enforcing a healthy diet and finding ways to exercise around your injury. See what hurts and what agitates the injury and dont repeat this motion. I had to take 4 months off bench press for a shoulder injury right when i was hitting the highest amount of weight I ever had. In short I re injured my shoulder about three times before I gave it the time to heal and now im nearly back to where I was.

3. Fitness is a path and quick results can be deceiving. Realize that your in this for the long haul and its a lifestyle change for a healthier, stronger, more energetic, and better feeling you. It takes a while to notice but when you eat healthy you will feel a ton better and your results in the gym will increase more than any supplement you take can cause.

4. Work everything equally but your weak points more. I saw a special on ESPN one day with Kiana Tom and she was talking about priority training which is training your weak points harder than anything else. Being a guy with gigantic arms and not much else I took thin to heart and started working out those muscles I hated to workout the most. Needless to say its helped me break so many of the tough barriers I still face.

5. Squat, Press, Deadlift, Lunge, Curl, Row, Pullups, crunches, sit ups, extensions… do em.

6. Practice your form before every exercise. I know it may look funny doing air squats but practice for sure makes perfect. Perfect form will increase your strength, burns, and pumps.

7. Be creative. Everyone pretty much knows a few exercises. Take those exercises and manipulate them in different ways to hit different parts of your muscle. If you know how to curl.. theres about 10 bicep exercises right there. Switch grips, change stance, change angles of motion, stall, change equipment, slow down, speed up… so many ways one exercise can be made into entire workouts.

8. Research & self discovery. Find the physique of a person you feel has obtained your goal. Learn their exercises and what they focus on and how they train. But remember everyone is different so dont be afraid to feel the muscle you want on your body while looking in the mirror and find what motions flex that muscle go to the gym and make that motion into a workout.. Be careful though new exercises have increased chance to cause injury so start light.

9. Many people today just lack the will power to change their life for the better. Self discipline is hard for anyone. I imagine the unhealthy habits and bad choices I make as that fat which holds us down and doesn’t let us reach our potential. Losing these bad habits and unhealthy choices are like peeling that fat off you by means of self discipline. You want results.. talk the talk and walk the walk. Flip those mental feelings of fatigue and laziness into a drive to reach your goals. Turn on that afterburner. Ive almost passed out many times at the gym almost have thrown up too because I drive myself past any mental breaking point.

10. Be unrelenting. Whats the point of obtaining your goals if your not going to continue with them after. Set backs are set backs and there’s always ways around them. A few years ago I had issues with my posture and I fixed it myself. I had an imbalance in my legs. I fixed that myself. No one helped me on these things that could of ended my fitness pursuit, I saw the problem and found answers.

nice post

nickg4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    niceee

ZachMan18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Graham. Some sound advice but gotta keep in mind that while you have found what works for you, most people aren't starting out in nearly the kind of shape you were in...even at your worst. I think the real key point you missed is pick realistic goals, particularly if you plan to do it naturally. We see these impossibly muscular, genetically blessed bodies that we feel we have to have, but the majority of people will never be able to obtain. So here's one to add to the list:

Set your goals carefully. Create a high standard but realize your limitations and what you are personally capable of. Compare yourself to only you and no one else. Don't measure your success against what others have achieved.

arob10 is just really nice. (+1000) arob10 is just really nice. (+1000) arob10 is just really nice. (+1000) arob10 is just really nice. (+1000) arob10 is just really nice. (+1000) arob10 is just really nice. (+1000) arob10 is just really nice. (+1000) arob10 is just really nice. (+1000) arob10 is just really nice. (+1000) arob10 is just really nice. (+1000) arob10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    awesome post highly motivational man

XcesarX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) XcesarX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) XcesarX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) XcesarX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) XcesarX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) XcesarX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) XcesarX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) XcesarX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) XcesarX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) XcesarX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) XcesarX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Printing this out! aaaaWesome Post!

214Kidd214 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 214Kidd214 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 214Kidd214 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 214Kidd214 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 214Kidd214 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 214Kidd214 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 214Kidd214 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 214Kidd214 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 214Kidd214 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 214Kidd214 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 214Kidd214 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Very motivational =D.
    Today I ran 2 miles, something I haven't done in over a year! I feel very tired now, but inside I'm extremely happy.

vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vp63 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good advice. Way to step up and give back.