Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    vazquez is a name known to all. (+5000) vazquez is a name known to all. (+5000) vazquez is a name known to all. (+5000) vazquez is a name known to all. (+5000) vazquez is a name known to all. (+5000) vazquez is a name known to all. (+5000) vazquez is a name known to all. (+5000) vazquez is a name known to all. (+5000) vazquez is a name known to all. (+5000) vazquez is a name known to all. (+5000) vazquez is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by -click_here- View Post
    How many deaths have there been playing rugby?

In the 110 years that rugby has been played, there has been 71 recorded deaths in the sport. These were mostly from broken necks during collapsed scrums, and from hard head collisions.

Has an NFL player ever been killed during a game?

No player has ever been killed by a hit in the NFL.

According to our sources, no one has died from a tackle in the NFL.
    Originally Posted by vazquez View Post
    "on to the next one"
    Originally Posted by Dertygen View Post
    Despite protective equipment and rule changes to emphasize safety, injuries remain very common in football. It is increasingly rare, for example, for NFL quarterbacks or running backs (who take the most direct hits) to make it through an entire season without missing some time to injury. Additionally, 28 football players died from direct football injuries in the years 2000-05 and an additional 68 died indirectly from dehydration or other examples of "non-physical" dangers, according to the National Center for Catastrophic Sport Injury Research.[26]

Concussions are common, with about 41,000 suffered every year among high school players according to the Brain Injury Association of Arizona.[27]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_football

Soccer boys STFU
    Originally Posted by sean_brannen View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_...rican_football

"From 1931 to 2006, the National Center for Catastrophic Sport Injury Research has reported 1,006 direct and 683 indirect fatalities resulting from participation in all organized football (professional, college, high school, and sandlot) in the US "
    click_here, sorry to say this bloke, ol' chap...mate.

american football > you

ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000) ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000) ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000) ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000) ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000) ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000) ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000) ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000) ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000) ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000) ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mullyman View Post
    Tom Herrion from the San Fran 49ers. I think it was 4 or 5 years ago.

That's just silly. Come over and play one game in the NFL and see what you feel like. Dude, we are not professional athletes. I'd venture to guess 99.9% of us would get our nuts stomped in playing either game at that level.
    MULLY
    i dont mean at that level i mean at a amature level

fair enoth how did he die??

i just belive rugby is a more physicaly demanding game

-click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by sean_brannen View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_...rican_football

"From 1931 to 2006, the National Center for Catastrophic Sport Injury Research has reported 1,006 direct and 683 indirect fatalities resulting from participation in all organized football (professional, college, high school, and sandlot) in the US "
    That includes people who died playing NFL anywhere. I listed people who died during a professional game. Who knows how many people have died playing rugby at school/in the park/during amateur games etc. The fact is i searched for NFL deaths during professional games and it said no one had died.

vazquez is a name known to all. (+5000) vazquez is a name known to all. (+5000) vazquez is a name known to all. (+5000) vazquez is a name known to all. (+5000) vazquez is a name known to all. (+5000) vazquez is a name known to all. (+5000) vazquez is a name known to all. (+5000) vazquez is a name known to all. (+5000) vazquez is a name known to all. (+5000) vazquez is a name known to all. (+5000) vazquez is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ajstylesisgod View Post
    i dont mean at that level i mean at a amature level

fair enoth how did he die??

i just belive rugby is a more physicaly demanding game
    thats cool because you "believe". as we already know, just because you "believe" something doesn't means its factual/true...ie "religion".

-click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000) -click_here- is just really nice. (+1000)
    click_here, sorry to say this bloke, ol' chap...mate.

american football > you
    You are comparing every single incident of anyone ever dying while playing American football ever to Rugby deaths during organized professional matches in England only.

Reading comprehension > you.

You compare the accident sheet of a country with 300 million people with professional sports men dying in a nation with 1/5th of the population.

"on to the next idiot"

ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000) ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000) ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000) ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000) ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000) ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000) ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000) ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000) ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000) ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000) ajstylesisgod is just really nice. (+1000)
    thats cool because you "believe". as we already know, just because you "believe" something doesn't means its factual/true...ie "religion".
    ive played both at school and im not telling people its a fact in my opinion its a harder game
    have you ever played rugby??

sean_brannen is just really nice. (+1000) sean_brannen is just really nice. (+1000) sean_brannen is just really nice. (+1000) sean_brannen is just really nice. (+1000) sean_brannen is just really nice. (+1000) sean_brannen is just really nice. (+1000) sean_brannen is just really nice. (+1000) sean_brannen is just really nice. (+1000) sean_brannen is just really nice. (+1000) sean_brannen is just really nice. (+1000) sean_brannen is just really nice. (+1000)
    That includes people who died playing NFL anywhere. I listed people who died during a professional game. Who knows how many people have died playing rugby at school/in the park/during amateur games etc. The fact is i searched for NFL deaths during professional games and it said no one had died.
    Where in your post does it say anything about the rugby deaths being only at the professional level?

You are comparing every single incident of anyone ever dying while playing American football ever to Rugby deaths during organized professional matches in England only.

Reading comprehension > you.

You compare the accident sheet of a country with 300 million people with professional sports men dying in a nation with 1/5th of the population.

"on to the next idiot"
    re-read your own orginal post.

american football > you

"on to the next wanker"

ive played both at school and im not telling people its a fact in my opinion its a harder game
    have you ever played rugby??
    yes i've played rugby and football.

i'm not saying which is the tougher sport i my "opinion", you are. both are alpha sports. contact hits are harder in the nfl..................that is a fact and its been proven by scientific methods.

i'd rather play soccer, less chance of injury.

i know its "your" opinion and you "believe" your views as well.

yes i've played rugby and football.

i'm not saying which is the tougher sport i my "opinion", you are. both are alpha sports. contact hits are harder in the nfl..................that is a fact and its been proven by scientific methods.

i'd rather play soccer, less chance of injury.

i know its "your" opinion and you "believe" your views as well.
    the hits are harder yes i have never denied that

but geting stamped on crushed mauled in rugby is what in my opinion makes it tougher

but i agree both are alpha sports and i love them both

the hits are harder yes i have never denied that

but geting stamped on crushed mauled in rugby is what in my opinion makes it tougher

but i agree both are alpha sports and i love them both
    i'd rather get mauled in rugby than be dead by playing american football.

your smart in choosing rugby over american football. rugby is a safer sport.

re-read your own orginal post.

american football > you

"on to the next wanker"

I dont need to argue for rugby or 'soccer'. Both are self evidently huge sports.

Worldwide viewing figures for the Superbowl = 95 million

"The Rugby World Cup claimed 2.5 billion viewers for its 1995 broadcast
    from South Africa..."

"Today in the world stage, there is no other event like the FIFA World
    Cup. The 98 France World Cup was watched by an accumulated audience
    totalling over 37 BILLION viewers, with 1.3 billion watching the Final
    alone."

Even Cricket beats the Superbowl

"Cricket's World Cup .....televised in over 200 countries to over 2.2 billion television viewers."

powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50) powhippie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by stonefacekilla View Post
    basketball - no contact, pussy sport
    american football - helmets, vests, pads, lots of breaks - not pussy but defo not alpha (only americans think its alpha, the rest of the world just lols)
    rugby - alpha sport, blood, broken bones, constant action.
    football (soccer) not alpha but my favourtie sport to watch.
    guys right. especially about rugby. that ****s crazy. i think we consider it a pussy sport for a few reasons, we suck at it and need an excuse. If we pretend its a pussy sport then it won't seem to bad if we never win.

But in soccer's defence, my guess is that conditioning wise, its not pussy compared to other sports. The clubs play 2 x 45 min halves and are allowed like 3 subs. so idk, might be just me, but anyone thats running that hard for that long atleast isn't full out beta.

I dont need to argue for rugby or 'soccer'. Both are self evidently huge sports.

Worldwide viewing figures for the Superbowl = 95 million

"The Rugby World Cup claimed 2.5 billion viewers for its 1995 broadcast
    from South Africa..."

"Today in the world stage, there is no other event like the FIFA World
    Cup. The 98 France World Cup was watched by an accumulated audience
    totalling over 37 BILLION viewers, with 1.3 billion watching the Final
    alone."

Even Cricket beats the Superbowl

"Cricket's World Cup .....televised in over 200 countries to over 2.2 billion television viewers."
    y u mad doe?

i could give a fuk whats more popular. i'm a rugby, football and soccer fan.

i get the best of all worlds without being a biased ******* like you.

i'm not into whats "in style", "whats more popular", "what will other people think" syndrome like you obviously have.

soccer isn't supported for sh!t in the u.s. but i still go watch galaxy and chivas usa games. i still watch world cup and i'm looking forward to the england vs. u.s..

who gives a fuk!

"on to the next chode"

Bulking on doughnuts srs ilivonsports's Avatar
    ilivonsports is a name known to all. (+5000) ilivonsports is a name known to all. (+5000) ilivonsports is a name known to all. (+5000) ilivonsports is a name known to all. (+5000) ilivonsports is a name known to all. (+5000) ilivonsports is a name known to all. (+5000) ilivonsports is a name known to all. (+5000) ilivonsports is a name known to all. (+5000) ilivonsports is a name known to all. (+5000) ilivonsports is a name known to all. (+5000) ilivonsports is a name known to all. (+5000)
    you dont argue about basketball or else their massive penises will come tickle your ear in your sleep
    Bulking to 200
    4k+
    B: 225x8
    S: 315X7
    D: 405x5

Lovetodream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lovetodream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lovetodream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lovetodream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lovetodream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lovetodream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lovetodream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lovetodream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lovetodream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lovetodream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lovetodream has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    americans are just brainwashed into thinking everything is gay and beta apart from their own sports

i don't see what's so alpha about obese men dressed as robocop bending over touching each others asses

Originally Posted by Lovetodream View Post
    americans are just brainwashed into thinking everything is gay and beta apart from their own sports

i don't see what's so alpha about obese men dressed as robocop bending over touching each others asses
    most americans don't watch anything else other than football, basketball, hockey, and baseball.

look at how many sports are heavily supported. rugby isn't established in the u.s. and it would be very hard for it to find a market considering how many sports are already popular and absorb the talent pool.

more "american hate" brah?

carry on ol' chap.

y u mad doe?

i could give a fuk whats more popular. i'm a rugby, football and soccer fan.

i get the best of all worlds without being a biased ******* like you.

i'm not into whats "in style", "whats more popular", "what will other people think" syndrome like you obviously have.

soccer isn't supported for sh!t in the u.s. but i still go watch galaxy and chivas usa games. i still watch world cup and i'm looking forward to the england vs. u.s..

who gives a fuk!

"on to the next chode"

Quote me when i badmouthed American Football.
    Quote me when i badmouthed American Football players

Oh, yeah. I didn't. These threads are always American Football vs the world as if 'soccer', rugby etc have to defend themselves as being inferior sports that nobody likes. When clearly on worldwide viewing figures, fans and players, they don't. If i followed what was popular, on this forum, id be worshipping the NFL and claiming soccer players are pussies and how one NFL player could take down an entire rugby team while posting pictures of the biggest player i could find.

Quote me when i badmouthed American Football.
    Quote me when i badmouthed American Football players

Oh, yeah. I didn't. These threads are always American Football vs the world as if 'soccer', rugby etc have to defend themselves as being inferior sports that nobody likes. When clearly on worldwide viewing figures, fans and players, they don't. If i followed what was popular, on this forum, id be worshipping the NFL and claiming soccer players are pussies and how one NFL player could take down an entire rugby team while posting pictures of the biggest player i could find.
    the thread was about soccer and its view by "amuhrikahns". rugby fans(which i am one of) came in and trolled(which i did not) about how much more better/brutal rugby is over american football.

i could give a fuk about which team is more "dangerous" or more "brutal". i'm a fukken man and enjoy contact sports like rugby and american football.

fuk all the haters on both sides.....obviously people who have never played either sport...............i have.

american football and rugby are very aggressive sports...................this is why i play soccer on weekends because its less of a chance for injury.

do we have an understanding?

most americans don't watch anything else other than football, basketball, hockey, and baseball.

look at how many sports are heavily supported. rugby isn't established in the u.s. and it would be very hard for it to find a market considering how many sports are already popular and absorb the talent pool.

more "american hate" brah?

carry on ol' chap.
    Oh, yeah. Total up the number of "soccer is for pussies/girls" threads and posts on this forum and compare it to Brits saying derogatory things about American Football. Id like to see that. Probably 1000:1

the thread was about soccer and its view by "amuhrikahns". rugby fans(which i am one of) came in and trolled(which i did not) about how much more better/brutal rugby is over american football.

i could give a fuk about which team is more "dangerous" or more "brutal". i'm a fukken man and enjoy contact sports like rugby and american football.

fuk all the haters on both sides.....obviously people who have never played either sport...............i have.

american football and rugby are very aggressive sports...................this is why i play soccer on weekends because its less of a chance for injury.

do we have an understanding?
    you play football not soccer but at least you picked the right sport

Oh, yeah. Total up the number of "soccer is for pussies/girls" threads and posts on this forum and compare it to Brits saying derogatory things about American Football. Id like to see that. Probably 1000:1
    total up the american hate threads........................

i think for myself and if my fellow countrymen think soccer is for pussies...........then fuk them.

brb, hooking up with fine latina bishes because they also go to soccer games(in the u.s. though).

i don't hate you............you hate me cause i'm american? i've seen many u.k'ers bash americans...........am i going to use that as a reason against you?

fuk no!

i thought euro's were supposed to be so liberal and open minded....if i go by the internet........this is definitely not the case and good because i will be traveling to you lovely island country one day.

and i'll catch a soccer and rugby game too.

you play football not soccer but at least you picked the right sport
    i prefer soccer. football and rugby would put me at risk of injury.

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Meh, to each their own. I don't like watching soccer, but I can appreciate the conditioning it takes to play the sport. No way I could last 3 minutes running like that.
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

ToTheSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToTheSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToTheSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToTheSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToTheSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToTheSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToTheSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToTheSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToTheSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToTheSea will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToTheSea will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lol why has this become a rugby vs americano football thread?

Football (soccer), and American Football are 2 completely different games. Soccer requires alot of technical skill and the ability to read a game (not so much in the EPL, don't let the marketing fool you it's not that great). I don't know much about AF but I understand the players are great athletes, and it is a very tactical game.

At the end of the day, both players are great athletes, and as much as people like to call soccer a pussy sport, AF and itself are to completely different games as stated earlier, one being a very minimal contact sport, and the other a extremely contact sport.

I play and prefer soccer, as I'm European, it really is a great game.

Oh and inbe4 EPL teams ripping it up in the CL this year, only over the last decade or so has this begun to happen.

i prefer soccer. football and rugby would put me at risk of injury.
    no the sport you play is called football not soccer but continue lol

on a srs note do you guys have rugby over there alot or do you have to be lucky and have a team near you like us with american football

Originally Posted by ToTheSea View Post
    Lol why has this become a rugby vs americano football thread?

Football (soccer), and American Football are 2 completely different games. Soccer requires alot of technical skill and the ability to read a game (not so much in the EPL, don't let the marketing fool you it's not that great). I don't know much about AF but I understand the players are great athletes, and it is a very tactical game.

At the end of the day, both players are great athletes, and as much as people like to call soccer a pussy sport, AF and itself are to completely different games as stated earlier, one being a very minimal contact sport, and the other a extremely contact sport.

I play and prefer soccer, as I'm European, it really is a great game.

Oh and inbe4 EPL teams ripping it up in the CL this year, only over the last decade or so has this begun to happen.
    i agree..........it's peoples insecurity that leads them to bash.

no the sport you play is called football not soccer but continue lol

on a srs note do you guys have rugby over there alot or do you have to be lucky and have a team near you like us with american football
    The accepted origin of the word "soccer" is that its a contraction of the word "Association" with reference to "Association Football". The Football Association was formed in October 1863 when the rules were standardised by a meeting of eleven clubs. With one of the written rules now being that the carrying of the ball was not permitted this finally set in stone the biggest practical different between Association Football and Rugby Football.

In 1889 the word was "socca", later it was "socker" in 1891 and finally seemed to settle on "soccer" by 1895. The word is supposed to have evolved in University slang, created by shortening the word "Association" and adding "er". They had other expressions such as "brekkers" for "breakfast" and "rugger" for "rugby."

While this seems a relatively acceptable version of the origin, and it does seem reasonble if these references started appearing in literature a couple of decades after the "association" was formed, there are a couple of things which put doubts in my mind.

Firstly it doesn't exactly follow the established rules for these Oxford contractions. Instead of merely chopping the last syllable off the word and adding "er", they remove the last two syllables, also remove the first letter of the word, then change the soft "c"s in the word to hard "c"s, before adding the "er". Okay, so maybe following the normal rules does produce the less desirable "asser", but why didn't this word become at least "sosser"?

Secondly, there is an alternative theory which fits rather well and, like the game itself, is considerably older than a hundred and fifty years.

"fut ball" edict origin of soccerFootball has roots thousands of years ago across many countries of the world but in England it became taken up by the working classes and frowned upon by those in authority and the upper classes. It was a very rough and dangerous sport at first, known as "mob football" and was little more than a violent street battle. The first use of the phrase "football" or rather "fut ball" was in 1424 in the editc reproduced on the right, but what about "soccer"?

If you look up at the closest-sounding modern word, "sock", a couple of interesting points appear. The modern word comes from an old English word spelt "socc". More interestingly this was not a snug, fabric covering as it is today, but back then it meant a light shoe and it comes from the Latin "soccus". The word "socc" to mean "shoe" first appeared in 725AD but was there any evidence of it relating to football?

When Mary Queen of Scots was imprisoned in Carlisle Castle in Tudor times it is documented that she watched the game of football, indeed her retinue played for two hours "strongly" and "skillfully". And, by an amazing coincidence, on this map of Carlisle Castle, it is remarkable to note that certain fields are labelled "Castle Soceries".

Old map showing soceries - maybe origin of soccer?

So could this be proof that in medieval times the game was also known as "soccer" and played by those wearing "soccs" on ground known as "soceries"... with the players "socking" the ball? It is certainly very far from being proof and sadly this circumstantial evidence is all there is to this theory. There appears to be no written evidence putting the word "socc" in the context of football but it remains an interesting mystery.
    i play soccer brah.......................

football and rugby are to "rough and tough" for my liking.

you spell tyre, i spell tire.

we call them dj's, you call them "selektors"(sp).

again, i play soccer, which you refer to as football.

one of my co-workers attends cal state long beach(university) and he plays for the school rugby team. its popular on the collegiate level.

there's small rugby clubs too - american national rugby leage http://www.amnrl.com/
    Last edited by vazquez; 03-20-2010 at 05:25 AM.

owner of saab factory kel_varnsen's Avatar
    kel_varnsen is a name known to all. (+5000) kel_varnsen is a name known to all. (+5000) kel_varnsen is a name known to all. (+5000) kel_varnsen is a name known to all. (+5000) kel_varnsen is a name known to all. (+5000) kel_varnsen is a name known to all. (+5000) kel_varnsen is a name known to all. (+5000) kel_varnsen is a name known to all. (+5000) kel_varnsen is a name known to all. (+5000) kel_varnsen is a name known to all. (+5000) kel_varnsen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    football(soccer) a pussy sport?

i play soccer brah.......................

football and rugby are to "rough and tough" for my liking.

you spell tyre, i spell tire.

we call them dj's, you call them "selektors"(sp).

again, i play soccer, which you refer to as football.
    i was joking bro and you never awnserd my question about rugby over there is it easy to find a team and what not or is it very limited because of football??