zmman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zmman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tower 200 vs Weider x factor or something comparable

I've been working out at home since nov and it sure beats the gym. i have a good amount of free weights barbells and dumbbells and proper benches and racks to do all necessary exercises. I also recently bought the iron gym(pull-up bar) which for 30 bucks i'm highly satisfied. I do not have a lat tower and no cable machines, i have a low basement ceiling and after buying alot of weights and a treadmill i'm on a budget, not looking to spend more than 200 bucks. I had all intentions of purchasing the Tower 200 the other day to fill this void but then came across the Weider x factor door gym which looked very similar for $100 as compared to $175 for the Tower 200, though the Tower looks a lil more durable. Anyone try both or either pieces of equipment? Any other recommendations?

thatkidkengo will become famous soon enough. (+50) thatkidkengo will become famous soon enough. (+50) thatkidkengo will become famous soon enough. (+50) thatkidkengo will become famous soon enough. (+50) thatkidkengo will become famous soon enough. (+50) thatkidkengo will become famous soon enough. (+50) thatkidkengo will become famous soon enough. (+50) thatkidkengo will become famous soon enough. (+50) thatkidkengo will become famous soon enough. (+50) thatkidkengo will become famous soon enough. (+50) thatkidkengo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if youre looking for some kind of bands, take a look at bodylastics bands.

if youre looking for some kind of cable machine-mimicking moves, you might as well get the real thing and get some kind of pull-down/row unit

if you want an all-in-one unit, you should get a power rack with a lat attachment and an adjustable bench. that way, you don't have all kinds of contraptions, like multiple benches and doorway gyms cluttering your workout space. most racks have a pullup bar at the top. most racks have the option to get a lat/row attachment. if you cant find one in your price range (start at $300 without the bench), go used and start selling your old units.. otherwise, if you already have a power rack, disregard this last paragraph

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by zmman View Post

Any other recommendations?
    Gym rings

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    What are you looking to do? It sounds like you already have everything you need to get a good workout, if there is some exercise you are missing I'm betting there is a way to do it with your weight set.

Comparing the tower 200 to the x factor is like comparing crap to poo. They both stink.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

zmman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zmman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=Wildtim;462518551]What are you looking to do? It sounds like you already have everything you need to get a good workout, if there is some exercise you are missing I'm betting there is a way to do it with your weight setQUOTE]

Mainly cable rows, lat pull downs, tri push downs, kneeling cable rotations, cable backhands, wood chops. Also i've been having some shoulder troubles as of late so i figured some of the exercises have been giving me trouble i can supplement til my shoulder fully heels. thanks for everyones input so far.

thatkidkengo will become famous soon enough. (+50) thatkidkengo will become famous soon enough. (+50) thatkidkengo will become famous soon enough. (+50) thatkidkengo will become famous soon enough. (+50) thatkidkengo will become famous soon enough. (+50) thatkidkengo will become famous soon enough. (+50) thatkidkengo will become famous soon enough. (+50) thatkidkengo will become famous soon enough. (+50) thatkidkengo will become famous soon enough. (+50) thatkidkengo will become famous soon enough. (+50) thatkidkengo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    [QUOTE=zmman;462786791]
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    What are you looking to do? It sounds like you already have everything you need to get a good workout, if there is some exercise you are missing I'm betting there is a way to do it with your weight setQUOTE]

Mainly cable rows, lat pull downs, tri push downs, kneeling cable rotations, cable backhands, wood chops. Also i've been having some shoulder troubles as of late so i figured some of the exercises have been giving me trouble i can supplement til my shoulder fully heels. thanks for everyones input so far.
    cable moves feel wierd on anything but cables. bands don't cut it IMO