--AlphaMale-- is on a distinguished road. (+10) --AlphaMale-- is on a distinguished road. (+10) --AlphaMale-- is on a distinguished road. (+10) --AlphaMale-- is on a distinguished road. (+10) --AlphaMale-- is on a distinguished road. (+10) --AlphaMale-- is on a distinguished road. (+10) --AlphaMale-- is on a distinguished road. (+10) --AlphaMale-- is on a distinguished road. (+10) --AlphaMale-- is on a distinguished road. (+10) --AlphaMale-- is on a distinguished road. (+10) --AlphaMale-- is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need motivation to start again

I don't really know how this motivational forum can help me but I really need some kind of motivation. I just can't seem to overcome my fear of failure, and when I try to change my lifestyle so drastically, every day my subconcious is fighting the change and trying to force me back into my old habits, and it's just so hard to resist that when the slightest thing goes wrong (like injuring myself or falling sick), I fall straight back into my old habits and my motivation just disappears.

A couple months back I got into bodybuilding, and for a month was extremely motivated putting in maximum effort, going to the gym twice a day (not for weights but for cardio since I was cutting), and basically trying to completely change my life, since I didn't want to be the nerdy unfit guy who spent all his life playing computer games anymore. For a month it was going great and I was really starting to make progress I felt, but then I injured myself and couldn't go to the gym for a week.

Anyway I fell back into my old habits, and though I've now since recovered I just can't bring myself to go back to the gym. It's not like I hate the gym, I was actually really enjoying it, I think I am just afraid that I'll fail again and that I can't overcome the barriers and change myself. I've sunk back into my old habits, eating terrible food, and playing pc games non stop (I do alot of all nighters to play PC games which makes me feel terrible throughout the day).

If you have any help to offer on overcomming these motivational issues I would be extremely greatful.
    Last edited by --AlphaMale--; 03-07-2010 at 08:58 AM.

kojic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kojic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kojic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kojic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kojic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dude I feel the same way as you do (regarding fear of failure) but... its hard overcoming it

i think u just gotta tell urself ur gonna go "ALL OUT" once and just... never look back no matter how hard

--AlphaMale-- is on a distinguished road. (+10) --AlphaMale-- is on a distinguished road. (+10) --AlphaMale-- is on a distinguished road. (+10) --AlphaMale-- is on a distinguished road. (+10) --AlphaMale-- is on a distinguished road. (+10) --AlphaMale-- is on a distinguished road. (+10) --AlphaMale-- is on a distinguished road. (+10) --AlphaMale-- is on a distinguished road. (+10) --AlphaMale-- is on a distinguished road. (+10) --AlphaMale-- is on a distinguished road. (+10) --AlphaMale-- is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kojic View Post
    dude I feel the same way as you do (regarding fear of failure) but... its hard overcoming it

i think u just gotta tell urself ur gonna go "ALL OUT" once and just... never look back no matter how hard
    Thats what I did last time though, then it all came crashing down when I hit my first hurdle by injuring myself (thankfully it wasn't a long lasting injury). I have a huge fear of failure, as a result of my perfectionism, and even missing 1 workout is enough to throw me off.

kojic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kojic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kojic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kojic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kojic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    maybe u shud stop being so perfectionistic
    u put too much pressure on urself
    give urself a break
    have more balance
    then ull be able to go more smoothly with ur goals

princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) princesoni has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Follow some nice workout plan , and purchase some muscle building program guide, i just brought one, and i got 6 pack abs 2 months later. it is all about consistency and how dedicated you are!!
    learn how to lost 42 lbs in just 1 month visit- www.myhealthyuniverse.blogspot.com

hydroquinone is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hydroquinone is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hydroquinone is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hydroquinone is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hydroquinone is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hydroquinone is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hydroquinone is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hydroquinone is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hydroquinone is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hydroquinone is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hydroquinone is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Go all out or don't even try.

Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well...first things first really. If you need to step back and reevaluate things and start over, then do that and stop beating yourself up over it...it is what it is.

Get your diet in order and stick with it. It doesn't matter how long it takes, just do it, find what works for you and do it and follow it as routine, not something you have to force yourself to do.

Then start getting your workout set up, your routines and what you want to do in the gym. In my opinion going 2 times a day is a bit over kill and you should avoid that. 4-5 times a week for an hour or 2 will be just fine.

Get your priorities in order and decide what it is that you really want and what you really want to do, and then go out and do it. There is no reason you can't hang on to some of your old habits, nothing wrong with computer games or having junk food once in a great while. It's about putting everything in it's proper place for what your goals are.

I'm assuming your screen name is AlphaMale for a reason isn't it...
    The self has no boundaries except those it accepts out of Ignorance.