dino1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dino1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dino1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dino1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dino1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dino1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dino1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dino1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dino1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dino1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dino1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My arms aches after working out?

I worked out yesterday and my arms are still hurting. This is the first time I have EVER worked out in my life time. The work out I did was simple push ups for 10 min, and it has already been a day and its aching like mad.

My weight is 65kg. My height is 5'9. My age is 20.

Can you give me any tips? is it safe to work out 2 days later, even tough my arms still hurt?

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah you shouldnt be sore after working out.. something could be wrong.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Starting Weight: 136 lbs Panabol's Avatar
    Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Panabol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Ironlife View Post
    Yeah you shouldnt be sore after working out.. something could be wrong.
    In normal cases this is right but it said this is the first time he's worked out. 99% chance its DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness). You know your workout hit hard, so good job, keep working out and man up for a week to avoid the pain =P

It should be gone after a week or two but you might get it from time to time (I do after an intense leg workout..some soreness the next day in quads)

Completely safe to work out again, in fact, you should otherwise you'll be sore again after the next time you start
    Rep Back 2k+ only

dino1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dino1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dino1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dino1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dino1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dino1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dino1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dino1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dino1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dino1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dino1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by xxzotic View Post
    In normal cases this is right but it said this is the first time he's worked out. 99% chance its DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness). You know your workout hit hard, so good job, keep working out and man up for a week to avoid the pain =P

It should be gone after a week or two but you might get it from time to time (I do after an intense leg workout..some soreness the next day in quads)

Completely safe to work out again, in fact, you should otherwise you'll be sore again after the next time you start

But my muscles feel really sore, stiff and week. It's really hard. I can't barley pick up a bottle of water

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by xxzotic View Post

I was being sarcastic, lol i probably should have done better ..

This is the problem^^
    DOMS
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

robert1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robert1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robert1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robert1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robert1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robert1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robert1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dino1989 View Post
    I worked out yesterday and my arms are still hurting. This is the first time I have EVER worked out in my life time. The work out I did was simple push ups for 10 min, and it has already been a day and its aching like mad.

My weight is 65kg. My height is 5'9. My age is 20.

Can you give me any tips? is it safe to work out 2 days later, even tough my arms still hurt?
    If you did pushups for 10 minutes then you probably overtrained the muscle and it will take a good week to be back to normal. Don't workout again untill the soreness is gone. Also try doing 8-10 pushups with weight on your back. then rest for a minute and repeat two or 3 more sets. Instead of just doing them nonstop for 10 minutes it is better to have it more organized

green.tee13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ironlife View Post
    i was being sarcastic, lol i probably should have done better ..

This is the problem^^
    doms
    lol
    A mistake is simply another way of doing things.

Smile

This is the problem^^
    DOMS
    Yeah maybe you should buy a new keyboard, that might solve the problem. Lol

Yeah maybe you should buy a new keyboard, that might solve the problem. Lol
    That might help my problem but we want to get your thread sorted first bro,
    what you have is DOMS research that and youll know thats what it is, you should feel sore for up to 3 days or more sometimes. Do things to minimise your soreness such as cold baths or showers, massages, light walks and heaps of good calories.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

That might help my problem but we want to get your thread sorted first bro,
    what you have is DOMS research that and youll know thats what it is, you should feel sore for up to 3 days or more sometimes. Do things to minimise your soreness such as cold baths or showers, massages, light walks and heaps of good calories.
    Coolio matey. Is it still okay to exercise with the soreness ?

Coolio matey. Is it still okay to exercise with the soreness ?
    Yes and No.

Umm... as you train for longer you will be able to know the answer more as you learn to listen to your body and what your body is capable even if your sore.
    I dont recommend to work out all the time when sore, but if your a bit sore and have given enough time from the previous session, then working out when slightly sore is going to be ok, just dont go all out heavy if your still very sore,. but light work out will be good for you to promote blood flow around muscles.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

FinnbarrMartin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Worried about Bicep Injury

I'm just asking you all for a quick diagnosis - Three days ago I did bicep and back training at the gym for the first time. I didn't stretch or warm-up before hand as my friend told me pull ups would be the warm-up.
    The day after I was really aching all over, the next day I was still acheing but mainly it was in my arms.

Today I can feel my back muscles and triceps but my biceps are in moderate pain, this hasn't subsided. If I lie flat on a bed and lay my arm out at rest, it remains pointing upwards at an angle, so it causes me pain at the bicep and forearm muscle at the bend in my arm to try and straighten my arm out. I can't really straighten it out at all actually. My friend seems fine, although he's had more experience than me I did do far lower weights. Now I can't use my arms to lift even my schoolbag, it causes moderate pain.

What the **** have I done, this feels very much like a torn muscle. Basically...have I done some damage?

Please reply, I'm getting quite worried.

Pokesmot&liftheavysh!t Devildowninga's Avatar
    Devildowninga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Devildowninga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Devildowninga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Devildowninga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Devildowninga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Devildowninga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Devildowninga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Devildowninga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Devildowninga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Devildowninga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Devildowninga will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FinnbarrMartin View Post
    I'm just asking you all for a quick diagnosis - Three days ago I did bicep and back training at the gym for the first time. I didn't stretch or warm-up before hand as my friend told me pull ups would be the warm-up.
    The day after I was really aching all over, the next day I was still acheing but mainly it was in my arms.

Today I can feel my back muscles and triceps but my biceps are in moderate pain, this hasn't subsided. If I lie flat on a bed and lay my arm out at rest, it remains pointing upwards at an angle, so it causes me pain at the bicep and forearm muscle at the bend in my arm to try and straighten my arm out. I can't really straighten it out at all actually. My friend seems fine, although he's had more experience than me I did do far lower weights. Now I can't use my arms to lift even my schoolbag, it causes moderate pain.

What the **** have I done, this feels very much like a torn muscle. Basically...have I done some damage?

Please reply, I'm getting quite worried.

Start your own thread instead of trying to hijack this one...
    "You can map out a fight plan or a life plan, but when the action starts, it may not go the way you planned, and you're down to your reflexes - that means your preparation. That's where your roadwork shows. If you cheated on that in the dark of the morning, well, you're going to get found out now, under the bright lights." — Joe Frazier

BigD_SEVA is just really nice. (+1000) BigD_SEVA is just really nice. (+1000) BigD_SEVA is just really nice. (+1000) BigD_SEVA is just really nice. (+1000) BigD_SEVA is just really nice. (+1000) BigD_SEVA is just really nice. (+1000) BigD_SEVA is just really nice. (+1000) BigD_SEVA is just really nice. (+1000) BigD_SEVA is just really nice. (+1000) BigD_SEVA is just really nice. (+1000) BigD_SEVA is just really nice. (+1000)

This is the problem^^
    DOMS
    sarcasm needs to be in blue font from what I hear
    [300 Spartan Crew]