robertmmcgrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertmmcgrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertmmcgrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertmmcgrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertmmcgrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertmmcgrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertmmcgrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertmmcgrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertmmcgrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertmmcgrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertmmcgrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pararescue Training, anytips????

I just got a new client who is getting ready to go into the Air Force and is quiet determined to become one of the elite. He has set his goal on becoming a para rescue and i was wondering I anyone had some advise on what would be good training regiment for this young man who desires to serve his country????
    I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME. Philippians 4:13

wtturn is just really nice. (+1000) wtturn is just really nice. (+1000) wtturn is just really nice. (+1000) wtturn is just really nice. (+1000) wtturn is just really nice. (+1000) wtturn is just really nice. (+1000) wtturn is just really nice. (+1000) wtturn is just really nice. (+1000) wtturn is just really nice. (+1000) wtturn is just really nice. (+1000) wtturn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by robertmmcgrew View Post
    I just got a new client who is getting ready to go into the Air Force and is quiet determined to become one of the elite. He has set his goal on becoming a para rescue and i was wondering I anyone had some advise on what would be good training regiment for this young man who desires to serve his country????
    FatalFitness dot com

Check it out!

Keyboard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keyboard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keyboard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keyboard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keyboard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keyboard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keyboard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keyboard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keyboard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keyboard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keyboard is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    www.specialtactics.com

A site dedicated (and run by) to PJ's, CCT's and other Elite SOF Units. That site will be a goldmine of information for you in helping your client hit his goals.

tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Work on his swimming. The land part of PAST test (physical entrance test) is easy. Run, situps, pushups, chin ups, flutter kicks, is based on a point system.But the 20 meter underwater swim is a must pass event. And the 500 meter swim is a pain (at least is was for me, couldn't make it but can't swim for **** anyway)

So i would say cardio and swimming

robertmmcgrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertmmcgrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertmmcgrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertmmcgrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertmmcgrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertmmcgrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertmmcgrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertmmcgrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertmmcgrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertmmcgrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robertmmcgrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Hey fella, Thanks a bunch, keep um coming!!!!!

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    there's a thread of AF members in the misc and i think there's an actual PJ that posts there from time to time.... post in there

but yeah, lots of swimming and running

cschluti has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cschluti has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cschluti has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cschluti has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cschluti has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cschluti has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Cardio primarily.
    Next: back/abs strength.

Situps/pushups aren't really a concern if you're in overall good shape. You can bang plenty out to pass the test. The real issue (for me) was cardio and more specifically endurance related.
    --
    http://elevationfit.com - client management and program building software for trainers, finally!

nscampbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nscampbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nscampbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nscampbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The sky is the limit, you can literally push him as hard as you can possibly think of and it will be okay. My brother is in the Air Force and in pararescue, they do some bad ass stuff. He went to the hospital multiple times for training and countless times throwing up, just push him to the point of exhaustion, then, push him further.

Thank you guys!

I do appreciate your input!

mightyhealthy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mightyhealthy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mightyhealthy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mightyhealthy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mightyhealthy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mightyhealthy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mightyhealthy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mightyhealthy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mightyhealthy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mightyhealthy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mightyhealthy7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome

as a personal trainer who is sick of his job and actually chasing the dream to become a PJ here is my advice.

Have him do lots of flutterkicks and bodyweight training. He better have a pair of rocket fins and get him doing 1500m swims under 30 minutes. Running, lifting, running lifting... follow this. The best training for this is very similar to a crossfit workout. Good luck!

Intuition2018 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

information request

Originally Posted by SDFlip View Post
    there's a thread of AF members in the misc and i think there's an actual PJ that posts there from time to time.... post in there

but yeah, lots of swimming and running
    I was wondering if you have the link to where this is? im new to this site. tia