PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

New Member's Section

I'm an avid car enthusiast. Like body building, tuning is very technical and requires a level of experience that lends itself to a lot of "noobish" questions and an overwhelming sense of "where do I begin".

One thing that car forums do that helps break the ice is a "New Member's Section" where each new member can create a thread, introduce themselves, and ask any questions that they may feel can't be answered by the usual "search button" given their unique situation/goals.

This helps the forum and its members in a few ways:

1.) Moderators and Admins on car forums use this Section as a place to post a barrage of Sticky Notes that address numerous familiarization issues like, where to find certain information, what the different sections mean, commonly used terms (p/rr/s, hiit, 40/40/20, etc.), and forum do's and dont's. Sticky Notes in this section are always a good place to address Commonly Asked Noob questions, too.

2.) Performing #1 helps the forum by eliminating a lot of unnecessary redundant threads by proactively pointing new members in the right direction and dispelling myths or annoying newbie questions (I'm sure you guys have gotten plenty of Miracle Diet seekers).

3.) The by-product I always like most about the New Member Section is the ability of the new members to get a feel for who is a regular poster (based on who responds most often during the same time of day they are online), it allows new members to feel out the personlity of the forum, who is who, who knows their stuff, and even who the trolls are. Who to ask is always a huge part of starting on a forum.

As a noob myself, I would find it helpful to see a section where I can post up who I am and why I am here in a place that would show up under the "New Posts" search button.

I've found all the information on this site extremely helpful so far and just figured I'd give back a little by providing, what I think, is a helpful critique.

In the mean-time, I will be posting my Intro under the Miscellaneous section just to get my unique circumstances out there, as I'm on a defined timeline and after reading on here for a few days I think I have some realistic goals and expectations. I'd like to feel out what some of the "experts" think about what I can realistically expect, what my gameplan should be, and if my current gameplan needs to be adjusted for success. All of which I think would be great topics in a New Member's Section.

Hope you find this a productive critique.

Thank you for your time,
    Tom