Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Maximizing effectiveness of HGHup???

I going to run a cycle of HGHup in the future and had some questions about making sure I got the most out of it.

I was thinking about running some AA, and now I'm thinking about running them together. I've read that AA can increase insulin resistance by downregulating the GLUT-4 receptor. Will this have an impact on the effectiveness of an HGH supp?

Also, how would taking ALA effect an HGH product. It lowers blood sugar which would be good, but I think it does so by increasing insulin activity in muscle tissue and by acting as an insulin memetic. What effect would that have on an HGH supp?

Thanks.

Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    HGHup works better when insulin is low in your system so i guess that depends on how the AA does with that.

I should let rms80 answer this, I am not far enough along in my courses to be able to pull it out of my head easily =P
    πŸŽ„β›„πŸŽ„InπŸŽ„β›„πŸŽ„

smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000) smssambear19 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Billton View Post
    I going to run a cycle of HGHup in the future and had some questions about making sure I got the most out of it.

I was thinking about running some AA, and now I'm thinking about running them together. I've read that AA can increase insulin resistance by downregulating the GLUT-4 receptor. Will this have an impact on the effectiveness of an HGH supp?

Also, how would taking ALA effect an HGH product. It lowers blood sugar which would be good, but I think it does so by increasing insulin activity in muscle tissue and by acting as an insulin memetic. What effect would that have on an HGH supp?

Thanks.
    If you dose HGH Up at night pre-bed I doubt there will be any issues. Personally, taking HGH UP at night pre-bed I think is the most effective way to use it. There are logs from forum members which follow this dosing protocol as well.

In regard to interactions between AA and HGH Up. I would wait to here from RMS80 as well.

Cheers!

-Sean-

Team APPNUT
    A Lion called DILIGAFF!!!

Walk Your Own Path! Become a Disciple of pain and put your body through the hell on earth it takes to be a bodybuilder, without further ado....Bring the pain!

Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50) Billton will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Waiting for the info on AA.

What about ALA?

neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    asprin induces insulin secretion

as does b2-agonists
    twitter: @bullexinferis

neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neuron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Waiting for the info on AA.

What about ALA?
    AA = arachidonic acid?

dosing adrenosterone mid-morning would also induce insulin secretion - or at least potentiate it

forgot to mention: an alpha 2 antagonist (yohimbine) will also elicit insulin release

Originally Posted by Cytokine View Post
    AA = arachidonic acid?
    Yes.

forgot to mention: an alpha 2 antagonist (yohimbine) will also elicit insulin release
    I believe that it's best to have low insulin when using HGH products. Is this correct?

I believe that it's best to have low insulin when using HGH products. Is this correct?
    at night, GH pulses to elevate blood glucose levels, so it's "theoretically" possible to induce a larger GH amplitude with a pseudo-fast (via increased insulin)

at night, GH pulses to elevate blood glucose levels, so it's "theoretically" possible to induce a larger GH amplitude with a pseudo-fast (via increased insulin)
    So insulin memetics or stimulants would be a good thing? Whey causes insulin release, but I don't know what it's effects are on blood sugar. How should I approach getting plenty of nighttime protein w/o negatively impacting HGHup?

rms80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rms80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rms80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rms80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rms80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rms80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rms80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rms80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rms80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rms80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rms80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So insulin memetics or stimulants would be a good thing? Whey causes insulin release, but I don't know what it's effects are on blood sugar. How should I approach getting plenty of nighttime protein w/o negatively impacting HGHup?
    AA stimulates insulin release, at least somewhat:
    http://diabetes.diabetesjournals.org.../56/1/197.full

As far as whey protein- it does stimulate the release of insulin, at least somewhat, as do BCAAs, but the effect on insulin from BCAA (esp. leucine), can be argued both ways- there are even studies where leucine reduced blood glucose when taken along with glucose. As long as you split the dosage of HGH-Up away from these compounds, it will make it a moot point- this way you don't have to guess whether or not it is creating a state of antagonism....

As for a night-time protein source- take a look- seems that animal or soy is a better bet than casein, and casein is a better bet than whey:
    Cod and soy proteins compared with casein improve glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity in rats
    Charles Lavigne1,2, Andr? Marette2,3, and H?l?ne Jacques1,2

1 Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Human Nutrition Research Group, 3 Department of Anatomy and Physiology, Laval University, Ste-Foy, Qu?bec G1K 7P4; and 2 Lipid Research Centre, Laval University, Ste-Foy, Qu?bec, Canada, G1V 4G2

The aim of the present study was to determine the effects of feeding various dietary proteins on insulin sensitivity and glucose tolerance in rats. Male Wistar rats were fed for 28 days with isoenergetic diets containing either casein, soy protein, or cod protein. Cod protein-fed and soy protein-fed rats had lower fasting plasma glucose and insulin concentrations compared with casein-fed animals. After intravenous glucose bolus, cod protein- and soy protein-fed rats induced lower incremental areas under glucose curves compared with casein-fed animals. Improved peripheral insulin sensitivity was confirmed by higher glucose disposal rates in cod protein- and soy protein-fed rats (15.2 ? 0.3 and 13.9 ? 0.6 mg ? kg-1 ? min-1, respectively) compared with casein-fed animals (6.5 ? 0.7 mg ? kg-1 ? min-1, P < 0.05). Moreover, test meal experiments revealed that, in the postprandial state, the lower plasma insulin concentrations in cod protein- and soy protein-fed animals could be also due to decreased pancreatic insulin release and increased hepatic insulin removal. In conclusion, the metabolic responses to three common dietary proteins indicate that cod and soy proteins, when compared with casein, improve fasting glucose tolerance and peripheral insulin sensitivity in rats.

Br J Nutr. 2003 Feb;89(2):239-48.
    Casein and whey exert different effects on plasma amino acid profiles, gastrointestinal hormone secretion and appetite.

Hall WL, Millward DJ, Long SJ, Morgan LM.

Centre for Nutrition and Food Safety, School of Biomedical and Life Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey GU2 7XH. w.hall@surrey.ac.uk

Protein, generally agreed to be the most satiating macronutrient, may differ in its effects on appetite depending on the protein source and variation in digestion and absorption. We investigated the effects of two milk protein types, casein and whey, on food intake and subjective ratings of hunger and fullness, and on postprandial metabolite and gastrointestinal hormone responses. Two studies were undertaken. The first study showed that energy intake from a buffet meal ad libitum was significantly less 90 min after a 1700 kJ liquid preload containing 48 g whey, compared with an equivalent casein preload (P<0.05). In the second study, the same whey preload led to a 28 % increase in postprandial plasma amino acid concentrations over 3 h compared with casein (incremental area under the curve (iAUC), P<0.05). Plasma cholecystokinin (CCK) was increased by 60 % (iAUC, P<0.005), glucagon-like peptide (GLP)-1 by 65 % (iAUC, P<0.05) and glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide by 36 % (iAUC, P<0.01) following the whey preload compared with the casein. Gastric emptying was influenced by protein type as evidenced by differing plasma paracetamol profiles with the two preloads. Greater subjective satiety followed the whey test meal (P<0.05). These results implicate post-absorptive increases in plasma amino acids together with both CCK and GLP-1 as potential mediators of the increased satiety response to whey and emphasise the importance of considering the impact of protein type on the appetite response to a mixed meal.

American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol. 82, No. 1, 69-75, July 2005
    ? 2005 American Society for Clinical Nutrition
    ORIGINAL RESEARCH COMMUNICATION
    Effect of whey on blood glucose and insulin responses to composite breakfast and lunch meals in type 2 diabetic subjects1,2,3
    Anders H Frid, Mikael Nilsson, Jens Juul Holst and Inger ME Bj?rck

1 From the Clinic of Endocrinology, University Hospital MAS, Malm?, Sweden (AHF); the Department of Applied Nutrition and Food Chemistry, Lund University, Lund, Sweden (MN and IMEB); and the Department of Medical Physiology, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark (JJH)

Background:Whey proteins have insulinotropic effects and reduce the postprandial glycemia in healthy subjects. The mechanism is not known, but insulinogenic amino acids and the incretin hormones seem to be involved.

Objective:The aim was to evaluate whether supplementation of meals with a high glycemic index (GI) with whey proteins may increase insulin secretion and improve blood glucose control in type 2 diabetic subjects.

Design:Fourteen diet-treated subjects with type 2 diabetes were served a high-GI breakfast (white bread) and subsequent high-GI lunch (mashed potatoes with meatballs). The breakfast and lunch meals were supplemented with whey on one day; whey was exchanged for lean ham and lactose on another day. Venous blood samples were drawn before and during 4 h after breakfast and 3 h after lunch for the measurement of blood glucose, serum insulin, glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP), and glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1).

Results:The insulin responses were higher after both breakfast (31%) and lunch (57%) when whey was included in the meal than when whey was not included. After lunch, the blood glucose response was significantly reduced [?21%; 120 min area under the curve (AUC)] after whey ingestion. Postprandial GIP responses were higher after whey ingestion, whereas no differences were found in GLP-1 between the reference and test meals.

Conclusions:It can be concluded that the addition of whey to meals with rapidly digested and absorbed carbohydrates stimulates insulin release and reduces postprandial blood glucose excursion after a lunch meal consisting of mashed potatoes and meatballs in type 2 diabetic subjects.
    www.appliednutriceuticals.com

MS Exercise Science/Sport Nutrition Appalachian State University, Boone, North Carolina

Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

**I do not answer pm's- please e-mail me @ dirk@appnut.com with any questions**

Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I like having rms in my corner to explain things
    πŸŽ„β›„πŸŽ„InπŸŽ„β›„πŸŽ„

BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by smssambear19 View Post
    Personally, taking HGH UP at night pre-bed I think is the most effective way to use it.
    Agreed