Thread: Anabolic Window

shavs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shavs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shavs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shavs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shavs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shavs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shavs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shavs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shavs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shavs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shavs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Anabolic Window

Most people say you have 30 min get your PWO shake in after a workout, but does hat include if you do cardio. Like if I workout for an hour, but then do cardio for 45 is my anabolic window gone because I didn't take my shake right after I worked muscles?

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by shavs View Post
    Most people say you have 30 min get your PWO shake in after a workout, but does hat include if you do cardio. Like if I workout for an hour, but then do cardio for 45 is my anabolic window gone because I didn't take my shake right after I worked muscles?
    The 30 minute 'anabolic window' is a myth.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mr-Paradox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr-Paradox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr-Paradox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr-Paradox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr-Paradox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr-Paradox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr-Paradox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr-Paradox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr-Paradox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr-Paradox is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr-Paradox is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by shavs View Post
    This "anabolic window" is more like 12 hours if you aren't an elite athlete

GrindedDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrindedDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrindedDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrindedDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrindedDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrindedDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrindedDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrindedDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrindedDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrindedDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrindedDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry double post...
    Last edited by GrindedDown; 02-27-2010 at 03:10 PM. Reason: im an idiot/double post

GrindedDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrindedDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrindedDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrindedDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrindedDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrindedDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrindedDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrindedDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrindedDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrindedDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GrindedDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No that is not what that means, entirely. It may reduce the effectiveness of your PWO nutrition. Since your body is still performing labor intensive exercises, it is busy trying to fuel it with what is in your system. With the cardio after, you are likely still burning off glycogen stores and using that, with some fat and protein of course, as fuel. Once your body begins to rest, the body begins the repair process. It is no longer trying for resources to fuel the exercise, it is not looking for resources to replenish those that have been used. Without proper PWO nutrition, your body will repair the glycogen stores using protein and fat, leaving a lack of protein available for protein synthesis/repair. Basically, it is not that the window as been lost, but you may burn extra nutrients like proteins as well as fats, however. If your workouts are really as long as you say (intense of course), intra workout nutrition would be beneficial to you.

Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    The 30 minute 'anabolic window' is a myth.
    What makes you say that? Seems like it holds some merit or else it wouldn't be as accepted as it is, but then again there are many things that are widely accepted that are pure falsehood.

x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000) x Idealist x is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Mr-Paradox View Post
    This "anabolic window" is more like 12 hours if you aren't an elite athlete
    I read a recent study that suggests its actually more like 24 hours

Askari2010 is just really nice. (+1000) Askari2010 is just really nice. (+1000) Askari2010 is just really nice. (+1000) Askari2010 is just really nice. (+1000) Askari2010 is just really nice. (+1000) Askari2010 is just really nice. (+1000) Askari2010 is just really nice. (+1000) Askari2010 is just really nice. (+1000) Askari2010 is just really nice. (+1000) Askari2010 is just really nice. (+1000) Askari2010 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I wouldn't get too caught up on the '30 min window', use an intra-workout drink with BCAAs in it if you are particulary worried.

initialize is just really nice. (+1000) initialize is just really nice. (+1000) initialize is just really nice. (+1000) initialize is just really nice. (+1000) initialize is just really nice. (+1000) initialize is just really nice. (+1000) initialize is just really nice. (+1000) initialize is just really nice. (+1000) initialize is just really nice. (+1000) initialize is just really nice. (+1000) initialize is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think it's a myth protein powder companies use so that it forces you to use their protein right after you workout

BRB - Gettin' shredded FemmeFatale28's Avatar
    FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Re: Nutrient Timing = bogus

Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by FemmeFatale28 View Post
    There is a pre/peri/post workout nutrition thread with over a million views for a reason; nutrient timing is not at all bogus; however, a magical 30 minute anabolic window sure is

Unregistered Sex Offender Bramble's Avatar
    Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FemmeFatale28 View Post
    so every bodybuilder/athlete is wrong? well someone better tell them
    My are your are birds are all and one gone away the they
    ಠ_ಠ

IIcovski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIcovski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIcovski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIcovski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIcovski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIcovski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIcovski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIcovski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIcovski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIcovski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIcovski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know its a myth but I still like to take a protein shake right after my workout and then go home and eat

vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    After cardio should be fine, or you could have it during your weight training before cardio.

Cardio will burn (some of) the aminos from the blood, but those aminos will be in the blood for 4 hours or so anyway and you do not have to be 100% perfect with this. Pretty close is better than not at all.

Do what feels best to you on any particualr day. What makes you feel strongest and most recovered that day. You will still make gains with either choice, the key is getting the protien inside you.

Try different ways and see whch works best for YOU personaly. I train before cardio and I do protien within 45 minutes after cardio and I can make great gains with it.
    Last edited by vegas_dude; 02-27-2010 at 08:52 PM.

dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Bramble View Post
    so every bodybuilder/athlete is wrong? well someone better tell them
    *cough* warrior diet *cough*.

I know alot of ppl on the warrior diet who are constantly gaining. Nutrient timing, in the most part, is basically bogus, unless u r shooting up roids and growth hormones, then nutrient timing might mean a lil bit more.