believe7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Gain more clients through Group Exercise...

Hey everyone!!

I've been personal training for about 10 months and I love it so much...
    I'm always looking for things to improve my business and building my clientele.
    A few things I have been thinking about for far too long one in particular instructing group exercise classes...I'm now at a non-traditional gym which is phenomenal!...And they're looking for a couple more classes and instructors and I know it would be incredibly ideal to be teaching there as well as one-on-one training.

I guess what I'm looking for is how to start? How to market myself as a group exercise instructor...and how do I know what type of class would be beneficial for myself and for clients? I'm looking for any type of advice, ideas, tips from the experienced!!
    shoot me a message or just reply on here!
    I'm looking forward to everyone's responses!!!

Thanks for reading!
    "If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done." --Vince Lombardi

BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Go to AFFA's website, you will find good information on certification there.

Also go to the LesMills website. All of the Les Mills classes do well.

One thing I have learned from managing group exercise programs is that you MUST diversify if you want to make any money in group X. People who take group exercise are typically not the type to be highly motivated or highly educated in exercise science. They tend to chase after the latest fad or magic bullet to satisfy their fitness needs. With this being the case, trends in group exercise tend to change or evolve. Right now in my area classes like step aerobics and kickboxing have taken a backseat to BodyPump and Zumba. And then there are certain staples that will never go away like cycling and yoga.

My advice would be to visit the big gyms in your area and find out which classes are doing well consistantly. Cet certified in all of those classes. Then find the niche classes that you personally like and get certified in them. Just know that you will need to constantly keep up with the latest trend so be prepared to change with the times.

tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BSCSCS View Post
    Go to AFFA's website, you will find good information on certification there.

Also go to the LesMills website. All of the Les Mills classes do well.

One thing I have learned from managing group exercise programs is that you MUST diversify if you want to make any money in group X. People who take group exercise are typically not the type to be highly motivated or highly educated in exercise science. They tend to chase after the latest fad or magic bullet to satisfy their fitness needs. With this being the case, trends in group exercise tend to change or evolve. Right now in my area classes like step aerobics and kickboxing have taken a backseat to BodyPump and Zumba. And then there are certain staples that will never go away like cycling and yoga.

My advice would be to visit the big gyms in your area and find out which classes are doing well consistantly. Cet certified in all of those classes. Then find the niche classes that you personally like and get certified in them. Just know that you will need to constantly keep up with the latest trend so be prepared to change with the times.
    . I really love yoga. Nesta offers a yoga cert.
    Last edited by tubby2hunny; 02-24-2010 at 12:39 PM.
    ha ha NEG me!!

ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer

NESTA MMA Conditioning Coach Certified