Bdawg22 is just really nice. (+1000) Bdawg22 is just really nice. (+1000) Bdawg22 is just really nice. (+1000) Bdawg22 is just really nice. (+1000) Bdawg22 is just really nice. (+1000) Bdawg22 is just really nice. (+1000) Bdawg22 is just really nice. (+1000) Bdawg22 is just really nice. (+1000) Bdawg22 is just really nice. (+1000) Bdawg22 is just really nice. (+1000) Bdawg22 is just really nice. (+1000)

Carb rotation cut diet (great info)

So about 9 months ago a guy named Bear1 on here gave me some information that was amazing. Probably the best stuff I've learned on this site thus far. I was looking to cut and here is the advice he gave me. Just thought I should share it as it proved so extremely helpful for me.

First of all, this carb rotation diet is not something you would do for more than 30 days. This is just something you are going to do to flex that 6 pack for the honeys at the beach. After the 30 days, go back to a higher carb diet. If you lower your celeries you will only slow down your metabolism. By lowering your carbs for 3 days you will train your body to burn fat for fuel. After the 3 days you want to raise the carbs for one day which will spike your glycogen levels, filling your muscles back out and boost your metabolism.

A few warnings. You may be a little hungry on the low carb days at first. Even when you're full, your body will crave carbs, but just keep thinking 6 pack. Another thing, as your body fat drops, you may get a little weaker lifting weight, but don't worry. Your body will stabilize and you will regain your strength. Remember that shedding body fat means losing weight, but the more shredded you are, the bigger you will look. Your waist will be narrower, and your whole body will be shredded. You also have to remember that you cannot gain muscle and loose fat. Some people may argue this, but with my 20 years of experience I have yet to do it. And believe me, I've tried. In order to grow you need a high carb, high protein diet. In order to drop body fat, you have to drop your carbs and force your body to burn your fat for fuel. (You cannot have your cake and eat it too.) Finally, this is not an easy thing to do or more people would be walking around with 6 packs. If you are doing everything right, you are going to feel like crap. This diet is going to take an extreme amount of discipline.

Now, as far as the diet goes, there is a lot you can do to shed that extra layer of body fat. It all depends on how fast your metabolism is, and how aggressive you want to be with loosing the fat. I'm going to list a bunch of things you can do. You can do all or as many of these things as you want; again, it all depends on how aggressively you want to do this. I would not do cardio and the diet at the same time at first. If you are not used to doing cardio every day, and you start a diet and cardio every day, your body may freak out and hoard body fat instead of burning it. If you are doing cardio everyday, then don't worry about it. You just don't want to shock your system. If you are not doing cardio every day, then I would start out with the diet first, and then monitor your progress. If you need to lose more, then later add the cardio. Plus, if you start out doing both and you have great success, you will not know which one it was that helped you. By doing one and then the other, you will have a better idea of how your body responds to them.

The diet:
    No corn or corn products. No bread at all. No white flour, whole grain or whole wheat products what so ever. No breaded products like, breaded chicken, or breaded fish. Nothing fried. No dairy products. No milk, yogurt, cheese, or any other dairy product. No white rice. No White potatoes. No pasta of any kind. No peanut butter. No vegetable oil or butter. No egg yolks or any other kind of fat. Stay away from anything instant. No instant oatmeal. Stay away from TV dinners. Stay away from sugar or anything with sugar, high fructose corn syrup, maltodextrin, glucose, fructose, or dextrose. No meal replacement bars(they are loaded with sugar). You basically want to stay away from bad fats, sugars, and low glycemic carbs.

OK, you need to establish your protein intake. You need 1 to 1.5 grams of protein for every pound of LBM(lean body mass). Your LBM is your body weight minus your body fat. A 200 lbs man with 10% body fat has a LBM of 180 lbs, because 200 minus 10% is 180. If you don't know what your body fat is, you can just take an educated guess. Therefore, a LBM of 180 lbs would require 180 to 270 grams of protein a day to maintain.(1 to 1.5 grams per lbs)

Let?s say you have a LBM of 150 lbs. That is a daily protein intake of 150 grams to 225 grams a day. Now divide that by 6 meals and you get 38 grams per meal. You could do 5 meals a day but 6 would be better. That's every 2.5 to 3 hours.
    Your meal plan should look like this:
    Meal 1: 38 g protein
    Meal 2: 38 g protein
    Meal 3: 38 g protein
    Meal 4: 38 g protein
    Meal 5: 38 g protein
    Meal 6: 38 g protein
    You can supplement 1 or 2 meals with a whey protein shake.

Half of your daily carb intake should be divided into 2 meals. Breakfast and your post workout meal. Your high days will be 150g carbs. Your low days will be 50g carbs.
    Your meal plan for 150g carb day should look like this:
    Meal 1: 38g protein, 37.5g carbs (breakfast)
    Meal 2: 38g protein, 30 g carbs
    Meal 3: 38g protein, 20 g carbs
    Meal 4: 38g protein, 37.5 g carbs (post work out)
    Meal 5: 38g protein, 15 g carbs
    Meal 6: 38g protein, 10 g carbs

Your meal plan for 50g carb day should look like this:
    Meal 1: 38g protein, 12.5 g carbs (breakfast)
    Meal 2: 38g protein, 8 g carbs
    Meal 3: 38g protein, 8 g carbs
    Meal 4: 38g protein, 12.5 g carbs (post work out)
    Meal 5: 38g protein, 8 g carbs
    Meal 6: 38g protein, NO CARBS

Brussel sprouts, broccoli, asparagus, or any similar vegetable has 2 carbs for every oz.
    Red skins 5.6g carbs for every 1oz.
    Sweet potato 5g carbs for every 1 oz
    brown rice 6.5g carbs for every 1 oz
    Dry old fashioned oat meal 13.5g carbs for every 1 oz

Grilled lean round steak(very tuff) 7.8g of protein for 1 oz
    Grilled boneless, skinless, chicken breast 7.7g of protein for 1 oz
    Tuna fish: 7.2g per 1 oz
    Baked fish: 6.2g per 1 oz
    1 egg white: 2.5g protein

1 gram carb=4 calories 1 gram protein=4 calories 1 gram fat=9 calories

Protein is the building blocks for muscles. Carbs do one of three things. They turn to glycogen and go to the muscles, get burned as energy, or they get stored as fat. When you eat fat, the fat does not metabolize well, so it gets stored as fat.

You are going to need a good food scale. I got a pretty good one at bed, bath and beyond for $5. It's a good idea to prepare your meals in advance the night before, and then put them in Tupperware. I got some Tupperware from wall mart, 2 for $1. I write on the lids with an erasable marker so I know what time to eat which meal. I grill all my meats every couple of days, then measure it all out, put it in the Tupperware and then into the fridge until I need it. If I'm going to be out, I have a lunch box cooler that I stack my Tupperware in, and take with me.

For breakfast on a high carb day:
    2.7 oz dry old fashioned oatmeal
    2.3 oz grilled lean round steak
    8 egg whites

For breakfast on a Low carb day:
    1 oz dry old fashioned oatmeal
    2.3 oz grilled lean round steak
    8 egg whites

The rest of the meals I pretty much eat chicken or tuna. 5 oz of grilled chicken is 38g of protein. As far as carbs go I eat everything I listed above. You just have to weigh it out and make sure you're getting your numbers.

On low days I pretty much stay away from potatoes and brown rice. I just eat salad with a no carb dressing, and green vegetables.

Now you want to make sure you are supplementing with good fats, especially on the low carb days.
    Good fats: almonds flax seed oil, fish oil

You want to make sure your total fat percentage for each day is 18%-20%

A good tool on the web to use is fitday dot com This will help you keep track of everything, and then if you're not sure about a certain food you can look it up here.

As far as cardio goes, you want to make sure, whatever you do, that you have your heart rate up for a good 35 to 40 min.

Cardio should be done every day and twice a day on off weight training days.

The best time to do cardio is first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. The second best time to do cardio is at night after your last meal. If you are going to combine cardio with your weight training at the gym, then weight train first and then do your cardio.

Another technique to boost your metabolism is to split up your weight training to 2 a day. If you were going to go to the gym and work out tri's and chest. Then, split it up so you do chest, and then go back to the gym later and do tri's. This works the best when you can go in early and then go back at night.

Recommended sups:
    Cytolean by Gaspari, great for all around energy, appetite cravings and mental focus.
    Animal Cuts by Universal Nutrition, for a more aggressive approach. Very effective.

Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000)
    isnt this like keto?

Nab0610 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nab0610 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nab0610 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nab0610 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nab0610 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nab0610 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nab0610 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nab0610 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nab0610 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nab0610 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nab0610 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    no that wouldn't put you into keto, its a similar concept though.

Your body relies on carbs as its preferred source of energy, take carbs away and it'll use fat for energy. This is true if you keep your calorie intake high enough to the point that your body doesn't think its starving. Those low carb days will make your workouts like hell though so be prepared.

Here's how it would work for someone like me, I eat 2,500 cals a day to maintain

I would eat 2,000 calories a day to cut:
    Low carb days: 50g carbs, 200g protein, 100g fat
    or 50g carbs, 250g protein, 80g fat

I would attempt to be somewhere in that range

High carb days: 150g carbs, 150g protein, 90g fat
    or 150g carbs, 200g protein, 60g fat

I think its completely unnecessary to cut dairy out though, I also don't know why he's saying you can eat brown rice, but not whole wheat bread. Dairy in limited portions is good for you.

His attempt to cut out all processed foods is to get rid of sodium in your diet and cut out sugar that isn't natural. I also think that's unnecessary as some amounts of sodium is good for you and as long as your not getting in boat loads of processed sugar its not going to harm you.

If you want to follow his diet you'll be spending all of your time cooking/preparing lean cuts of steak and fresh chicken. Or in the produce section washing/cleaning green vegetables.
    EBOL/CBOL/Bioforge log (completed):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=446424971&posted=1#post446424971

Sponsored Magnum Heat Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=470962551#post470962551

Bdawg22 is just really nice. (+1000) Bdawg22 is just really nice. (+1000) Bdawg22 is just really nice. (+1000) Bdawg22 is just really nice. (+1000) Bdawg22 is just really nice. (+1000) Bdawg22 is just really nice. (+1000) Bdawg22 is just really nice. (+1000) Bdawg22 is just really nice. (+1000) Bdawg22 is just really nice. (+1000) Bdawg22 is just really nice. (+1000) Bdawg22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Nab0610 View Post
    no that wouldn't put you into keto, its a similar concept though.

Your body relies on carbs as its preferred source of energy, take carbs away and it'll use fat for energy. This is true if you keep your calorie intake high enough to the point that your body doesn't think its starving. Those low carb days will make your workouts like hell though so be prepared.

Here's how it would work for someone like me, I eat 2,500 cals a day to maintain

I would eat 2,000 calories a day to cut:
    Low carb days: 50g carbs, 200g protein, 100g fat
    or 50g carbs, 250g protein, 80g fat

I would attempt to be somewhere in that range

High carb days: 150g carbs, 150g protein, 90g fat
    or 150g carbs, 200g protein, 60g fat

I think its completely unnecessary to cut dairy out though, I also don't know why he's saying you can eat brown rice, but not whole wheat bread. Dairy in limited portions is good for you.

His attempt to cut out all processed foods is to get rid of sodium in your diet and cut out sugar that isn't natural. I also think that's unnecessary as some amounts of sodium is good for you and as long as your not getting in boat loads of processed sugar its not going to harm you.

If you want to follow his diet you'll be spending all of your time cooking/preparing lean cuts of steak and fresh chicken. Or in the produce section washing/cleaning green vegetables.
    I'm not attempting to argue in anyway, just saying that this diet worked EXTREMELY well for me. Obviously its bound to have some flaws but it did work very well.