Johnny Mix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnny Mix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnny Mix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnny Mix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnny Mix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnny Mix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnny Mix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnny Mix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnny Mix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnny Mix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Johnny Mix will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Gynecomastia Help/ Discussion Thread

(Originally posted in the regular misc. section but didn't get much help.)

I'm going to start off by sharing my story. I was moderately fat when I was a kid up until about age 13 when I hit my final growth spurt and leaned out a good amount(6' 150 lbs.). I still had some tissue on my chest, but I assumed it was fat because I had no idea males could even have breast tissue.

Fast forward to November 2008 (age 18) and my body is pretty much the same, a little bit bigger due to weight training for HS football(165 lbs.), but still with the tissue on my chest. I was pissed off about the "fat" on my chest and wanted it gone, and in my searches came across bb.com. I decided to go on a cut, thinking that it would get rid of the "fat" on my chest and I would be able to start bulking up with a normal looking chest.

Fast forward again to January 2009 and I've cut down to 150 lbs. I have visible abs for the first time in my life, but the chest tissue is still there. After realizing that cutting isn't working, and I'm way too skinny, I just say fcuk it and start bulking.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cliffs So Far:
    -Fat as kid, leaned out at age 13
    -Weight training for football got me to 6' 165lbs. by age 18
    -Start cutting to get rid of "fat" on chest
    -Hit 150lbs. a few months later, visible six pack, but still have tissue on chest
    -Realize how skinny I am, start bulking
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fast forward to January 2010, I'm up to about 190 lbs. At this point I've realized I have gynecomastia and am looking to get rid of it. After doing some research I realize I can either opt for surgery or try to get rid of it chemically. I opt to try the chemical route, hoping it will work, even though it rarely works for non-gear related gynecomastia:

Letrozole: .5mg/day
    Exemestane: 12.5mg/day
    Pramipexole: .5mg/day
    With a tapering up for the letro and prami.

I am now 5 weeks and 3 days in and have seen no noticeable change. I don't have any pictures from the beginning of treatment, but here are current pictures of my chest taken today:

For reference I am 6' 194lbs. in these pictures, measured today at the gym.
    I am beginning to think this is not going to work but I am going to wait out the next 2-3 weeks before starting to taper off the chemicals. I also have begun looking at plastic surgeons specialized in gynecomastia, and this guy seems to be the best one(http://www.gynecomastia-md.com/).

Anyone have any experiences with gynecomastia or have surgery to have the glands removed? I am looking for any ideas or advice. Feel free to share any stories as well.
    Have the courage to live. Anyone can die.

Avant Research/Labs Rep Colin O'Malley's Avatar
    Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colin O'Malley is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Lots of good threads on this over on mindandmuscle.net/forums,search for my posts under Colin and Dashforce,as well as Jakeshorts.

Rodzilla had success with topical DHT (logged on MnM),with your age and moreso the fact that its of recent onset,drugs may actually work.

Look into raloxifene and letrozole,talk to an endo about getting a script for topical DHT (andractim) and maybe letro,ralox as well.Bromocriptine may be of use so that's worth asking your endo about.Before you see him,make sure you get the relevant studies off of Pubmed to show him.

A temporary solution would be to cut down and use RPN's Eviscerate or Avant's Lipoderm Ultra on your chest.The orals times time to work,DHT is faster but either way,losing some b/f would be critical to your results.

Avant's topicals have worked for me on my pubertal gyno in the past but whenever my b/f raises,gyno kicks back in.

Surgery is probably the best solution,from all the feedback I've seen and my own exp. with this.I'd give the andractim a try first though while cutting (with a hefty caloric deficit +cardio) and applying Eviscerate 1-2x per day,timed well apart from the Andractim.If you go this route,it's be wise to use ralox/letro well after the andractim is done with to avoid rebound or what have you.

Good luck man,I know how much gyno sucks.
    Last edited by Colin O'Malley; 02-22-2010 at 12:41 PM.
    Avant Research Representative
    www.AvantResearch.com
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/avant/avant.htm

Smeg954 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smeg954 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smeg954 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smeg954 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smeg954 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smeg954 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smeg954 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smeg954 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smeg954 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smeg954 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smeg954 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yours seems to be pubertal gyno. Am I correct?

You may be able to shrink it but without surgery it will always be there.

I think you will have better luck with a SERM and and AI. I see no reason to run Letro and Aromasin together. You might as well ask for joint pain.

I think you should try Ralox and Letro
    Ralox at 40mg/day
    Letro at .5mg EOD
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." - The Dude

<<<<MFF Family Member>>>>

tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you press on your nips and they are squishy this is fat and not gyno, if you have marbles under the nips go to the doctor.

The pics that you posted look like fat and you may not see a change until you drop below 15% body fat.
    Fat Man Typing

Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Pics NSFW

DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Johnny Mix View Post
    (Originally posted in the regular misc. section but didn't get much help.)

I'm going to start off by sharing my story. I was moderately fat when I was a kid up until about age 13 when I hit my final growth spurt and leaned out a good amount(6' 150 lbs.). I still had some tissue on my chest, but I assumed it was fat because I had no idea males could even have breast tissue.

Fast forward to November 2008 (age 18) and my body is pretty much the same, a little bit bigger due to weight training for HS football(165 lbs.), but still with the tissue on my chest. I was pissed off about the "fat" on my chest and wanted it gone, and in my searches came across bb.com. I decided to go on a cut, thinking that it would get rid of the "fat" on my chest and I would be able to start bulking up with a normal looking chest.

Fast forward again to January 2009 and I've cut down to 150 lbs. I have visible abs for the first time in my life, but the chest tissue is still there. After realizing that cutting isn't working, and I'm way too skinny, I just say fcuk it and start bulking.

Cliffs So Far:
    -Fat as kid, leaned out at age 13
    -Weight training for football got me to 6' 165lbs. by age 18
    -Start cutting to get rid of "fat" on chest
    -Hit 150lbs. a few months later, visible six pack, but still have tissue on chest
    -Realize how skinny I am, start bulking

Fast forward to January 2010, I'm up to about 190 lbs. At this point I've realized I have gynecomastia and am looking to get rid of it. After doing some research I realize I can either opt for surgery or try to get rid of it chemically. I opt to try the chemical route, hoping it will work, even though it rarely works for non-gear related gynecomastia:

Letrozole: .5mg/day
    Exemestane: 12.5mg/day
    Pramipexole: .5mg/day
    With a tapering up for the letro and prami.

I am now 5 weeks and 3 days in and have seen no noticeable change. I don't have any pictures from the beginning of treatment, but here are current pictures of my chest taken today:

For reference I am 6' 194lbs. in these pictures, measured today at the gym.
    I am beginning to think this is not going to work but I am going to wait out the next 2-3 weeks before starting to taper off the chemicals. I also have begun looking at plastic surgeons specialized in gynecomastia, and this guy seems to be the best one(http://www.gynecomastia-md.com/).

Anyone have any experiences with gynecomastia or have surgery to have the glands removed? I am looking for any ideas or advice. Feel free to share any stories as well.
    Gynecomastia Anatomy consists of fat, gland and skin. Losing weight can help with the fat component of gynecomastia, gland and residual fat remain. I recommend my patients getting to a weight they are happy with before surgery. In general weight loss is better before surgery than after. You cannot pick where the fat goes on nor where it comes off. Men tend to put fat on belly and chest first, we take it off those regions last. Surgery too soon followed by weight loss can be an issue. If subsequent weight loss after surgery fits the normal pattern, it may look like the gynecomastia has returned. Yeah, the surgeon picks up an extra fee for the revision, but this is not the best way. As a surgical sculptor, I prefer to use a coarse tool first and then one of refinement. The weight loss is a coarse tool, plastic surgery is best reserved for the refinement.

Medical management can shrink a swollen gland but will not reduce gland no longer enlarged by hormonal stimulation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified
    American Board of Plastic Surgery
    http://www.PlasticSurgery4U.com

_J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _J-BONE_ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DrBermant View Post
    Gynecomastia Anatomy consists of fat, gland and skin. Losing weight can help with the fat component of gynecomastia, gland and residual fat remain. I recommend my patients getting to a weight they are happy with before surgery. In general weight loss is better before surgery than after. You cannot pick where the fat goes on nor where it comes off. Men tend to put fat on belly and chest first, we take it off those regions last. Surgery too soon followed by weight loss can be an issue. If subsequent weight loss after surgery fits the normal pattern, it may look like the gynecomastia has returned. Yeah, the surgeon picks up an extra fee for the revision, but this is not the best way. As a surgical sculptor, I prefer to use a coarse tool first and then one of refinement. The weight loss is a coarse tool, plastic surgery is best reserved for the refinement.

Medical management can shrink a swollen gland but will not reduce gland no longer enlarged by hormonal stimulation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
    Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

This guy always gives great advice on the subject...mainly because its his AOE but he really does try to help

DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrBermant will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by _J-BONE_ View Post
    This guy always gives great advice on the subject...mainly because its his AOE but he really does try to help
    Thank you for your kind words.

Michael Bermant, MD
    Plastic Surgery
    Michael Bermant, MD
    Board Certified
    American Board of Plastic Surgery
    http://www.PlasticSurgery4U.com

jrowden3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just got my gyno surgery done yesterday. Didn't need lypo they just did the incision. Costs me 2500 cause I decided to stay awake for it. I've looked at a lot of other surgeries done and just hope he took enough tissue out.