Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000)

"I Want to Look Like That Guy"

The following link to this documentary has been posted over at the IFBB forum. But some may not have checked it out, so it's here as a repost. It's not from youtube so I cannot embed. You'll have to click on it and put up with the ads surrounding it.

But it very interesting and informative!

http://vidreel.com/video/NTk0MDU0/

The guy is not jacked at all, but what he goes through to get up on stage and not embarrass himself is inspiring!

It may make some of us stage-shy types (like me perhaps...) realize one doesn't have to be a 200 lb slab of meat to "feel worthy" of such.

Enjoy, Bob

C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm not able to get that link to work.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 25

oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

This is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Husky Bob View Post
    The following link to this documentary has been posted over at the IFBB forum. But some may not have checked it out, so it's here as a repost. It's not from youtube so I cannot embed. You'll have to click on it and put up with the ads surrounding it.

The guy is not jacked at all, but what he goes through to get up on stage and not embarrass himself is inspiring!

It may make some of us stage-shy types (like me perhaps...) realize one doesn't have to be a 200 lb slab of meat to "feel worthy" of such.

Enjoy, Bob
    This is exactly what I tell people that ask me about bodybuilding. I have gone through everyone of these steps. Everyone of these trials and problems. If you want to really know what it is like, what it takes to be "THAT GUY", then watch this. Watch it and then you'll understand what the sacrifice it is to be "THAT GUY".
    CHECK OUT MY INTERVIEW WITH "SIMPLYSHREDDED"
    http://www.simplyshredded.com/ed-cook-interview.html

2009 Bodyspace Member of The Year!

http://www.********.com/group.php?gid=180967149598&v=info#/event.php?eid=264800703001&ref=nf

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by C5VetteLS1 View Post
    I'm not able to get that link to work.

^^^This.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    great movie
    that was a real eye opener

Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It took awhile for the video to load and you also have to have the correct videoand audio codec for it to work... and yes, there are a lot of pop ups in the beginning. It is a very long video (83 minutes) and features a guy who wants to look like a bodybuilder.

The guy in the video happens to live in the town and train in the gym of Jeff Willet, an IFBB Pro bodybuilder who won the Team Universe and came in I think 4th or 5th in the USA show. I've had the opportunity to correspond with Jeff in the past and also talk with him at the Arnold. He is a very down to earth guy. I followed his contest prep day by day when he was getting ready for the TU as he had a blog on the AST site where he worked and was sponsored by. Jeff used, and still uses Max-OT training as developed by Paul Dillea the president of AST.

While I believe 100% that Jeff is natural I feel this is another great example of how important great genetics are. Even though Jeff trains hard and his nutrition is always spot on he did not develop those huge guns of his alone. He had God on his side.

Someone attempting to want to look like him may tend to be sorely dissappointed in themselves when they try to build the muscle mass he has (and can't) and then tries to get super lean. While they may conquer getting lean, in the end they won't have the underlining muscle mass without the genetic potential being there.

Even with Jeff's genetic potential he realizes he does not have that drive he needs to compete in the IFBB because of the sacrifice he must endure to get there. It is a struggle and a committment of dedication to training and nutrition that is beyond most mortal men (and women).

In the video the guy goes from around 26% bodyfat to around 4% which is a great accomplishment. How he gets there is a story in itself... going down to 1300 calories per day, twice a day cardio and over $4000 in supplements (natural), training, tanning, etc. Who says being natural is cheap? It's not. Quality food and prep is not cheap. The guy decides to shoot to compete in a local show and Jeff brings him from the beginning to the end using many of the same principles Paul had him go through in his quest for the TU championships.

There is very little time for yourself or others. Your life is training and eating. It is cardio and focus. It is eating when you don't want to eat and wanting to eat when you can't.

I had to chuckle at parts that I could relate to.... having to lose another 3 pounds before weigh in... your mind drives you crazy with all the worry. After all the hard work you are scared you're not going to fit in the weight class you were shooting for and may have to compete against guys who have 10 pounds of muscle mass MORE than you. When you're only a 140 to 150 pounds another 10 pounds is a LOT!

Jeff says not everyone can look like a bodybuilder but everyone can improve themselves. He lists three rules everyone can do to improve themselves in 6 months and I have to agree with them:

Rule 1: Lift Heavy Weights. This is the basics of Max-OT and also makes COMMON SENSE. Your muscles won't get bigger unless they have to!

Rule 2: 16 to 20 minutes of hard cardio at least 5 times per week. Jeff used and had this guy use the same principle he used in his contest prep. A hell bent cardio session of 16 minutes. I used the same principles in my contest preps. I hated cardio and found these hell bent sessions not only made sense and worked but also have me more time to do other things!

Rule 3: Calorie Restricted, Healthy Food and Supplementation. While you can't eat as much food when trying to lose bodyfat the food you do eat you should make to be the best you can. Above all, your protein needs must be met so you won't lose that hard fought muscle mass you put on.

The fitness industry tries to make you believe that there is some magic pill, exercise, or program that will transform you into "that other guy"... but in the end YOU make it happen or not happen and you will look what you have the potential to look like. No more, no less.

If you have the time watch the video... very informative although quite long.

The video does expose the lies that fitness and supplement ads try to portray. In the end look for the fine print at the bottom of the ad. It will usually say "results may vary".

nuff said....
    Last edited by Most Muscular; 02-17-2010 at 07:12 PM.
    Holder of 4 National NPC Weight Class Titles in 4 different weight classes... all with perfect scores
    1998 NPC USA Bantamweight
    2003 NPC Masters National Lightweight (over 40)
    2006 NPC Masters National Welterweight (over 40)
    2006 NPC Masters National Middleweight (over 50)

oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Most Muscular View Post
    It took awhile for the video to load and you also have to have the correct videoand audio codec for it to work... and yes, there are a lot of pop ups in the beginning. It is a very long video (83 minutes) and features a guy who wants to look like a bodybuilder.

The guy in the video happens to live in the town and train in the gym of Jeff Willet, an IFBB Pro bodybuilder who won the Team Universe and came in I think 4th or 5th in the USA show. I've had the opportunity to correspond with Jeff in the past and also talk with him at the Arnold. He is a very down to earth guy. I followed his contest prep day by day when he was getting ready for the TU as he had a blog on the AST site where he worked and was sponsored by. Jeff used, and still uses Max-OT training as developed by Paul Dillet the president of AST.

While I believe 100% that Jeff is natural I feel this is another great example of how important great genetics are. Even though Jeff trains hard and his nutrition is always spot on he did not develop those huge guns of his alone. He had God on his side.

Someone attempting to want to look like him may tend to be sorely dissappointed in themselves when they try to build the muscle mass he has (and can't) and then tries to get super lean. While they may conquer getting lean, in the end they won't have the underlining muscle mass without the genetic potential being there.

Even with Jeff's genetic potential he realizes he does not have that drive he needs to compete in the IFBB because of the sacrifice he must endure to get there. It is a struggle and a committment of dedication to training and nutrition that is beyond most mortal men (and women).

In the video the guy goes from around 26% bodyfat to around 4% which is a great accomplishment. How he gets there is a story in itself... going down to 1300 calories per day, twice a day cardio and over $4000 in supplements (natural), training, tanning, etc. Who says being natural is cheap? It's not. Quality food and prep is not cheap. The guy decides to shoot to compete in a local show and Jeff brings him from the beginning to the end using many of the same principles Paul had him go through in his quest for the TU championships.
    nuff said....
    Randy does a great job interpreting this documentary. For those who want to understand what it is like to "be a bodybuilder" and be "That Guy" in the adds. When people see my pics and say they want to get ripped like that, I tell them "I'm only ripped like that for a about 6 wks a year!" It's not normal to run around 3% BF.

What is great about this film is that Stu, an average chubby guy, proves that any average Joe can do some amazing things and accomplish what most believe to be impossible with the discipline and commitment it takes to successful, even on stage!

http://www.********.com/group.php?gid=180967149598&v=info#/event.php?eid=264800703001&ref=nf

cnc7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cnc7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cnc7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cnc7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cnc7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cnc7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cnc7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cnc7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cnc7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cnc7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cnc7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great movie.. watched it 2x, very well done, thank you for the link!

Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000) Husky Bob is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks to Old Superman and MM for their contributions!

The most eye opening things for me was how low he drove his calories, "skimming" another 100 off every two weeks until it reached about 1300!

I thought he would have him INCREASE his cardio in relation to calories taken in so he wouldn't starve.

Do you think his form of cardio was HIIT? That wasn't made clear.

Also... "MAX OT" style training i.e. only 4-6 reps?

Is this only a contest prep style of training to conserve what mass he had as opposed to a higher range to build more mass?

I'm interested in your thoughts guys!

jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000)
    That's a good eye opener. I just sat and watched the whole thing. For the people that want to compete, hats off to you for going through that. Myself, I just want to stay in good shape. I have no desire to be at 4% bf. 10 to 12 is good with me.

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

The guy in the video happens to live in the town and train in the gym of Jeff Willet, an IFBB Pro bodybuilder who won the Team Universe and came in I think 4th or 5th in the USA show. I've had the opportunity to correspond with Jeff in the past and also talk with him at the Arnold. He is a very down to earth guy. I followed his contest prep day by day when he was getting ready for the TU as he had a blog on the AST site where he worked and was sponsored by. Jeff used, and still uses Max-OT training as developed by Paul Dillea the president of AST.

There is very little time for yourself or others. Your life is training and eating. It is cardio and focus. It is eating when you don't want to eat and wanting to eat when you can't.

I had to chuckle at parts that I could relate to.... having to lose another 3 pounds before weigh in... your mind drives you crazy with all the worry. After all the hard work you are scared you're not going to fit in the weight class you were shooting for and may have to compete against guys who have 10 pounds of muscle mass MORE than you. When you're only a 140 to 150 pounds another 10 pounds is a LOT!

Jeff says not everyone can look like a bodybuilder but everyone can improve themselves. He lists three rules everyone can do to improve themselves in 6 months and I have to agree with them:

Rule 1: Lift Heavy Weights. This is the basics of Max-OT and also makes COMMON SENSE. Your muscles won't get bigger unless they have to!

Rule 2: 16 to 20 minutes of hard cardio at least 5 times per week. Jeff used and had this guy use the same principle he used in his contest prep. A hell bent cardio session of 16 minutes. I used the same principles in my contest preps. I hated cardio and found these hell bent sessions not only made sense and worked but also have me more time to do other things!

Rule 3: Calorie Restricted, Healthy Food and Supplementation. While you can't eat as much food when trying to lose bodyfat the food you do eat you should make to be the best you can. Above all, your protein needs must be met so you won't lose that hard fought muscle mass you put on.

The fitness industry tries to make you believe that there is some magic pill, exercise, or program that will transform you into "that other guy"... but in the end YOU make it happen or not happen and you will look what you have the potential to look like. No more, no less.

If you have the time watch the video... very informative although quite long.

The video does expose the lies that fitness and supplement ads try to portray. In the end look for the fine print at the bottom of the ad. It will usually say "results may vary".

nuff said....
    great review
    the video stoped working about half way while i was watching it

Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Rule 2: 16 to 20 minutes of hard cardio at least 5 times per week. Jeff used and had this guy use the same principle he used in his contest prep. A hell bent cardio session of 16 minutes. I used the same principles in my contest preps. I hated cardio and found these hell bent sessions not only made sense and worked but also have me more time to do other things!.
    1. Thanks for the write up. Great stuff.

2. Please explain "hell bent session". HIIT?
    -----------------

My workout journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168325713

jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tmonkey View Post
    great review
    the video stoped working about half way while i was watching it
    It did the same for me also, but I remembered where I was at time wise in the video, closed it out, clicked the link again and moved just a minute past where I was at, and watched the rest of it with no problem.

Thanks to Old Superman and MM for their contributions!

The most eye opening things for me was how low he drove his calories, "skimming" another 100 off every two weeks until it reached about 1300!

I thought he would have him INCREASE his cardio in relation to calories taken in so he wouldn't starve.

Do you think his form of cardio was HIIT? That wasn't made clear.

Also... "MAX OT" style training i.e. only 4-6 reps?

Is this only a contest prep style of training to conserve what mass he had as opposed to a higher range to build more mass?

I'm interested in your thoughts guys!
    First, there are many styles of training when you compete as a bber, yet they're all brutal and tough. If it isn't tough, you're doing something wrong. Dorian Yates for example generally uses a 10 to 12 rep range. There is the FS7 style with many, many reps. It's all about preference.

I was also laughing my a$$ off when Stu was crying questioning it all. I hate to admit it, yet I think I've had a good cry during every prep for a contest. You really do question "What the hell am I doing this for?" Yet, something deep within you pushes you forward.

Also, what a wonderful mentor and coach Stu had. That's why I tell peeps who want to get into this, to get a coach. You need that someone who's head is thinking clearly and rationally, because you are not!

Yet, when you stand on that stage and know regardless of where you place, you have done the best you can and you look the best you've ever looked. IT IS AMAZING!!! It isn't for everyone. In fact it is only for a few.
    Last edited by oldsuperman; 02-17-2010 at 10:11 PM.

eboyyyyyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eboyyyyyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eboyyyyyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eboyyyyyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eboyyyyyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eboyyyyyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eboyyyyyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eboyyyyyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eboyyyyyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eboyyyyyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eboyyyyyyy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks , same here but just keep going.

tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    great video and info, thx for posting. one thing ive never done in my workouts, even before when I was more consistent, was that low of reps, 4-6. I would touch upon it towards the end of my sets but never focused on it. This time around once I start hitting the weights more I am going to work on it.
    Used to be fat, now just fat with a lot of muscle.

come check out my latest log: Layne Nortons Carbon line http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169447773

BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great thread, great movie, and great insight by MM and Old S.

The Movie inspired me to diet hard and drop 20 lbs. Let's hope that I can follow through.

Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000) Most Muscular is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by korr20 View Post
    1. Thanks for the write up. Great stuff.

2. Please explain "hell bent session". HIIT?
    Jeff Willet used a cardio session which was also developed by Paul Delia from AST which was sort of a HIT type of session. If I recall it was one minute of moderate pace and one minute of very fast paced cardio. I used that same type of cardio during my last contest prep. I now use a 45 second moderate level and 15 second hell bent period as I've found it is hard to maintain "hell bent" for a solid minute.

I also utilized a lower rep/heavy weight training throughout my contest prep to maintain the muscle mass I had put on during the off season. If I lightened up my body would realize it did not need the muscle (muscle is high maintenance for the body) and the body may allow some of it to be lost. If you don't use it... you lose it. It's not rocket science... it is just common sense.

Of course I now also believe that a mixture of both high rep AND low rep exercises are vital to hitting all of the different muscle fibers but in the long run heavy weights will push the body to builder stronger and bigger muscles to accomodate them.

nuff said...
    Holder of 4 National NPC Weight Class Titles in 4 different weight classes... all with perfect scores

jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jscan1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by oldsuperman View Post
    Yet, when you stand on that stage and know regardless of where you place, you have done the best you can and you look the best you've ever looked. IT IS AMAZING!!! It isn't for everyone. In fact it is only for a few.
    I am in the midst of my first prep (12 weeks out) and a buddy was asking me last night wasn't I afraid to embarass myself or to fail! I laughed I said "how can I embarass myself? I will be in the best shape of my life (Already am and getting leaner everyday) and will know that when I step on stage I have done absolutely everything in my power to be in the best condition I can be in. The strict diet, Cardio when you don't want to do cardio, Practicing and repracticing poses taking pictures of poses to see how you look, doing it this way or that way, all things very few people are willing to dedicate themselves too, and that in itself is part of the appeal. I thought this video was great.

Oh and as my prep coach mentioned, If your not feeling like **** at least part of the time on a prep diet your probably not working hard enough!

Manlet Extraordinaire jmelanson's Avatar
    jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for posting this. Was a great watch, very informative.

(anyone having trouble with the original link, just google "I want to look like that guy" and there are tons of other locations on youtube, metacafe, etc...)

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Enjoy, Bob
    !Awesome! video and a real eye opener to the dedication required to reach 4% contest shape!! My fav comment was at the end where he says his abs were gone 3 days after the 4% show and 10 pounds were added.
    Lets you know just how hard single digit body fat is unless you are naturally inclined to be lean. His comments about a healthy 15-20 percent is also helpful as most people want to enjoy fitness without being tearful and grouchy on a 1300 cal a day diet.

Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    !Awesome! video and a real eye opener to the dedication required to reach 4% contest shape!! My fav comment was at the end where he says his abs were gone 3 days after the 4% show and 10 pounds were added.
    Lets you know just how hard single digit body fat is unless you are naturally inclined to be lean. His comments about a healthy 15-20 percent is also helpful as most people want to enjoy fitness without being tearful and grouchy on a 1300 cal a day diet.
    Yes, after months of very hard work it doesn't take long for the abs to vanish! It is the sudden influx of new foods (especially carbs) back into the diet that really wrecks havoc with your system. I recall after my 1999 Nationals appearance I stepped on the scale at the airport three days after the show and I had gained 20 pounds! I could feel all the water weight in my system sloshing around. Not a good feeling.

gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10) gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10) gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10) gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10) gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10) gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10) gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10) gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10) gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10) gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10) gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great video. Props to all of you who can endure this for the stage!!!

bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great video. A video example of body building is 90% diet and 10% training. I noted little complaining or struggle with the routine and workouts, most of it was diet related. It was a good visual of the difficulties maintaining a clean diet in a relatively normal world.

hmmm. now I am hungry.
    David, a 56 year old pastor, husband and father.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year? Be the best Me I can be.

dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    . three days after the show and I had gained 20 pounds! I could feel all the water weight in my system sloshing around. Not a good feeling.
    lol..im not nearly as "seasoned" as yourself but i do remember that feeling. the day after the show i felt really fat after the depleted water was restored and about 5 lbs of pizza.

Happily Married Man .pumpingiron's Avatar
    .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here's Part 1, all the parts appear to be youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuYET2H-hwU

here is the guy that posted it
    http://www.youtube.com/user/go6okmeta

ddfox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ddfox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ddfox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ddfox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ddfox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ddfox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ddfox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ddfox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ddfox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ddfox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ddfox is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wait, if he ended up at 4% bf and ended up as a lightweight(154) ---that means he only had about 6 lbs of fat on his body?

VDeuce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VDeuce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VDeuce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VDeuce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VDeuce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VDeuce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VDeuce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VDeuce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VDeuce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VDeuce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VDeuce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    All I can say is WOW!

That guy did a hell of a transformation job. I wonder how he's doing post-show prep.

Thanks for posting the vid!

kimera has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kimera has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kimera has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kimera has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kimera has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kimera has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kimera has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kimera has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kimera has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Really instructive vid! Thanks. I've lifted for a long time and never really understood what it takes to get that level of competition.

I'm really surprised at how little muscle mass you can appear to carry until it pops from the weight loss and tanning. You wouldn't look at Stu in street clothes and think he does anything but play the occassional game of golf. Strip him of fat and turn him brown and he's suddenly the runner up for Michigan. Pretty amazing.

Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just great. I was going to spend my evening playing Madden NFL. Now I have to watch this.

It better be good.