Closed Thread
Page 374 of 381 FirstFirst ... 274 324 364 372 373 374 375 376 ... LastLast
Results 11,191 to 11,220 of 11413
    SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Hamzzza View Post
    i just would like to aware you on a great movie, 'free man' which is basically a biography of the life of bediuzzaman said nursi

it's really good and well worth the time - strongly recommend it to everyone

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Man_%28film%29

SK if i remember correctly you had some of his books on your 'to-do' list?
    As-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu
    Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem
    Allahuma Salli 'ala Muhammad wa 'ala aalihi wa sahbihi ajma'een wa sallim

One of the great modern scholars.

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum
    W'as-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu
    *** There is no one free of all need, of whom all else are in absolute need, but God ***

Pbuh: If anyone testifies that None has the right to be worshipped but God Alone Who has no partners, and that Muhammad is His Servant and His Apostle, and that Jesus is God's Servant and His Apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit created by Him, and that Paradise is true, and Hell is true, God will admit him into Paradise

Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000) Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000) Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000) Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000) Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000) Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000) Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000) Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000) Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000) Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000) Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Hamzzza View Post
    i just would like to aware you on a great movie, 'free man' which is basically a biography of the life of bediuzzaman said nursi

it's really good and well worth the time - strongly recommend it to everyone

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Man_%28film%29

SK if i remember correctly you had some of his books on your 'to-do' list?

EDIT: if someone can find legit link with subtitles please post them

mind blowing info about him(hope i still remember these right): he liked to read and debate, at the age of 14-15 he finishes religious school 'medrese' and starts travelling/debating/learning etc. - no higher school wanted to take him because of his young age at first....at 15 he comes to the city of an alim/schoolar and learns/remembers fully around 80 books from his library, continueing like this - debating etc. at around 18/19 he sees that he is lacking scientifical knowledge and start reading up and learning on it really fast - becoming a very well respected scholar himself who wrote many great books

his books 'risale-i-nur' are on a whole other dimension than what you normally read, you really have to concentrate and read it thoroughly to try and understand it fully, and everytime you re-read it you get a whole other understanding/idea of the topic - a truly gifted man he was

Salaam

You got that movie in English?
    Hi, Peace.

Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000) Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000) Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000) Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000) Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000) Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000) Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000) Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000) Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000) Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000) Jericho786 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Salaam.

1) Is surgery haraam to get a nose job? I saw a beared Muslim do this as he did not like his nose and got work done on it.
    Hi, Peace.

Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Jericho786 View Post
    Salaam

You got that movie in English?
    if i find it i'll post the link - for now i dont sorry

SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jericho786 View Post
    Salaam.

1) Is surgery haraam to get a nose job? I saw a beared Muslim do this as he did not like his nose and got work done on it.

Only if there is a real physical deformity that is painful or abnormal. Surgery just for beautification or because you want things bigger/smaller/don't like it is not permissible. That's called cosmetic surgery.

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...&ID=63&CATE=90

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum
    *** There is no one free of all need, of whom all else are in absolute need, but God ***

Pbuh: If anyone testifies that None has the right to be worshipped but God Alone Who has no partners, and that Muhammad is His Servant and His Apostle, and that Jesus is God's Servant and His Apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit created by Him, and that Paradise is true, and Hell is true, God will admit him into Paradise

chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    SK
    Would you ever want to build a mansion for yourself and the family?

Many of the people i know take their hard earned money and build a mansion in Pakistan, which they'll never use because they're living here! lol
    Wth is the point? Not saying it is wrong to amass wealth, as long as you're giving the Zakat.
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing.

Check it out:- http://www.tahara.ca/products.html

Assalamualikom ^_^!

chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    How does one stop his thoughts from wandering around? I want to be able to live in the moment, from minute to minute. Yet i always find myself day dreaming about "the good" life and sometimes that good life isn't really in line with Islamic teachings. How do i stop this?
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing.

Assalamualikom ^_^!

Originally Posted by chashma1 View Post
    SK
    Would you ever want to build a mansion for yourself and the family?

Many of the people i know take their hard earned money and build a mansion in Pakistan, which they'll never use because they're living here! lol
    Wth is the point? Not saying it is wrong to amass wealth, as long as you're giving the Zakat.

The building of large houses is contrary to the sunnah. If people wanted to live according to the example of the Prophet (pbuh) and his family and companions (may God be pleased with them), they would only live in homes that were sufficient to house their family.

Uqba ibn Amir said: "I said: "O Messenger of God, what is our best way of surviving?' He, may God bless him and grant him peace, replied: "Guard your tongue, make your house suffice for sheltering your privacy, and weep for your wrong actions." [At-Tirmdihi in Kitab az-Zuhud, hasan. Reported by Abu Na'im in al-Hilya.]

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum

Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Asalamu Alakum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatu

1)I noticed recently this brother Yasir Qadhi is sayings things that he should not and is misguiding the people. I have listened to one or two of his lectures didn't notice anything that was misguiding or false.

2) I read in a hadeeth the Prophet SAW would leave his Isha prayer until midnight and that it is as if you have prayed the whole night.
    I am being told that I should do it at its right time and i shouldn't be doing this...I am following the sunnah of the Prophet SAW I don't see a problem with what I am doing

Am I wrong in this case?

Jazak Allah Khair
    It is impossible to lay hands on that which is not predestined for us, and that which is predestined for us will reach us wherever we are.

Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How does one stop his thoughts from wandering around? I want to be able to live in the moment, from minute to minute. Yet i always find myself day dreaming about "the good" life and sometimes that good life isn't really in line with Islamic teachings. How do i stop this?
    Epic reply

I have a question for you OP. I grew up as a muslim but now consider myself agnostic, simply because my inner common sense has turned me away from all organized religion...

I was at my first friday prayer in a long time to meet my dad at the mosque, and during the ceremony the talker brought up 3 interesting facts that appear to me as contradictions, and implications of Mohammad being praised by muslims as Jesus is by christians

1. He mentioned that in the quran there is a verse somewhere in it that states "love of the prophet is like love of god, obedience of the prophet is like obedience to god, and a disobedience to the prophet is a disobedience to god.

2. God and Mohammad have their own special pronoun in the quran, and the same special pronoun is the used for both god and mohammad only.

3. There is a bukhari hadith he mentioned that states "obedience of the prophet is the essence of worship"

Now, I understand that muslims consider mohammad to be their messenger. But when they go around criticising christians for putting jesus up their with god, they really should think logically for more than a second to notice that they do the same thing, whether its implied or literally stated.

Any thoughts OP?
    "Plates before mates" -me

Originally Posted by Ir0n_Samurai View Post

1. He mentioned that in the quran there is a verse somewhere in it that states "love of the prophet is like love of god, obedience of the prophet is like obedience to god, and a disobedience to the prophet is a disobedience to god.

3. There is a bukhari hadith he mentioned that states "obedience of the prophet is the essence of worship"

Now, I understand that muslims consider mohammad to be their messenger. But when they go around criticising christians for putting jesus up their with god, they really should think logically for more than a second to notice that they do the same thing, whether its implied or literally stated.

Any thoughts OP?
    You can wait for SyrianKid to reply, but reading your post i am confused as to what the contradiction is?
    How does one disobey the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and still call himself a Muslim? Everything Muslims know about God and worshiping is taught to us through the lips of the prophet (pbuh). Obedience to the prophet (pbuh) is indeed the essence of worship. You follow the Sunnah in order to gain the pleasure of Allah.

As to your comment: Firstly, Muslims don't worship any human, Christians do. You don't ask the prophet (pbuh) to answers your prayers, but you ask and pray according to the ways taught to you by Muhammad (pbuh). No one is worthy of worship except Allah. Secondly, we do believe Christians have belied Jesus (pbuh).

Assalamualikom ^_^!

Epic reply

I have a question for you OP. I grew up as a muslim but now consider myself agnostic, simply because my inner common sense has turned me away from all organized religion...

I was at my first friday prayer in a long time to meet my dad at the mosque, and during the ceremony the talker brought up 3 interesting facts that appear to me as contradictions, and implications of Mohammad being praised by muslims as Jesus is by christians

2. God and Mohammad have their own special pronoun in the quran, and the same special pronoun is the used for both god and mohammad only.

Any thoughts OP?

1) In religious matters, this is true, since all the information we have about God and how to practice religion were revealed by God to the Prophet (pbuh). God loved the Prophet (pbuh) enough to entrust him with this task and perfected his character so that he would be a role model.

That doesn't mean that one loves Prophets (pbut) as much as one loves God, because God created Prophets (pbut) and He is the One who refined their characters.

http://www.livingislam.org/lp_e.html

2) That's not true

3) Muslims don't criticize Christians for thinking that Jesus (pbuh) should be followed in all religious matters, as that is the purpose of all Prophets (pbut). Rather, they are criticized for literally believing that Jesus (pbuh) is the son of God or God incarnate.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...postcount=7063

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...postcount=3016

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum

Originally Posted by Kurd4evah View Post
    Asalamu Alakum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatu

1)I noticed recently this brother Yasir Qadhi is sayings things that he should not and is misguiding the people. I have listened to one or two of his lectures didn't notice anything that was misguiding or false.

2) I read in a hadeeth the Prophet SAW would leave his Isha prayer until midnight and that it is as if you have prayed the whole night.
    I am being told that I should do it at its right time and i shouldn't be doing this...I am following the sunnah of the Prophet SAW I don't see a problem with what I am doing

Am I wrong in this case?

Jazak Allah Khair

1) That depends on the topic. Most of the time, scholars discuss straightforward topics everyone agrees upon.

2) Actually, the Prophet (pbuh) used to pray Isha in congregation in the Mosque, and that is the sunnah. The hadith says that whoever prays Isha in congregation it is as if he prayed half the night, and whoever prays fajr in congregation it is as if he's prayed the whole night.

The Prophet (pbuh) said:

“One who performs Isha’ prayer in congregation, is as if he has performed prayer for half of the night. And one who performs the Fajr prayer in congregation, is as if he has performed prayer the whole night.” [Muslim]

If the congregation delays Isha, that's fine. But it is far superior to pray Isha earlier with the congregation than to pray it later independently.

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum

Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SYRIANKID View Post

1) That depends on the topic. Most of the time, scholars discuss straightforward topics everyone agrees upon.

2) Actually, the Prophet (pbuh) used to pray Isha in congregation in the Mosque, and that is the sunnah. The hadith says that whoever prays Isha in congregation it is as if he prayed half the night, and whoever prays fajr in congregation it is as if he's prayed the whole night.

The Prophet (pbuh) said:

“One who performs Isha’ prayer in congregation, is as if he has performed prayer for half of the night. And one who performs the Fajr prayer in congregation, is as if he has performed prayer the whole night.” [Muslim]

If the congregation delays Isha, that's fine. But it is far superior to pray Isha earlier with the congregation than to pray it later independently.

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum
    1) Well apparently he said some things about Shaykh Anwar Awlaki may Allah have mercy on him.

I guess what he says on here as well
    http://muslimmatters.org/2011/05/02/...y-yasir-qadhi/

2) Im going to see if I can find that hadeeth I definitely read midnight when He (saw) told his companions about it when they came to pray together.

3) what is your thought on this?
    http://gawker.com/5892182/iraqi-mili...-kids-to-death

Some sources give some ridiculous numbers.
    It is impossible to lay hands on that which is not predestined for us, and that which is predestined for us will reach us wherever we are.

1) Well apparently he said some things about Shaykh Anwar Awlaki may Allah have mercy on him.

2) Im going to see if I can find that hadeeth I definitely read midnight when He (saw) told his companions about it when they came to pray together.

3) what is your thought on this?
    http://gawker.com/5892182/iraqi-mili...-kids-to-death

Some sources give some ridiculous numbers.

1) What topic exactly?

2) It's sunnah to delay isha for sure, but that's under the assumption that the congregation is going to delay it and pray together.

3) That's obviously ridiculous and unsupported in Islam. Through their ignorance they have killed people for having bad haircuts and confused that with worshiping Satan. Without scholars, the world is a dangerous place.

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum

Originally Posted by SYRIANKID View Post

1) What topic exactly?

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum
    Here is a re post of the link of that didn't work

Some say his "modernist patriotic-American" patriotic view, I will see what I can find on his comment about Anwar Al Awlaki.

I feel uneasy, I hope this doesn't become back biting but if there is something up I'd like to be more cautious.

EDIT: His lecture on Jihad It seems is one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8qgM...e_gdata_player

People disagree and say he is twisting the words and when Jihad becomes fard you don't need permission.

Jazak Allah Khair
    Last edited by Kurd4evah; 03-10-2012 at 11:10 PM.

Logged2008 is just really nice. (+1000) Logged2008 is just really nice. (+1000) Logged2008 is just really nice. (+1000) Logged2008 is just really nice. (+1000) Logged2008 is just really nice. (+1000) Logged2008 is just really nice. (+1000) Logged2008 is just really nice. (+1000) Logged2008 is just really nice. (+1000) Logged2008 is just really nice. (+1000) Logged2008 is just really nice. (+1000) Logged2008 is just really nice. (+1000)
    1)How are people in canada supposed to buy a house? No1 has 300k + at hand and Is morgage haram, if so what do we do?

2) Is it gambling or haram if you organize a tournament with a sign up fee of say 20$ with 10ppl and at the end of the tournament 1st,2nd and 3rd place win 130$,70,30?

N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000)

Asalamu Alaikum,

Personally I believe his opinion regarding some of these topics would be best to avoid. I don't believe he understands the concept of Al Wala wal Bara.

Wallahu Aalim

N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000)
    Asalamu Alaikum,

Why do you believe the concept of Hijrah is not emphasized here in the West by the people of knowledge? People want an Islamic State to be built but they expect others to do the work and don't really want to contribute first hand.

Here is a re post of the link of that didn't work

Some say his "modernist patriotic-American" patriotic view, I will see what I can find on his comment about Anwar Al Awlaki.

I feel uneasy, I hope this doesn't become back biting but if there is something up I'd like to be more cautious.

EDIT: His lecture on Jihad It seems is one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8qgM...e_gdata_player

People disagree and say he is twisting the words and when Jihad becomes fard you don't need permission.

Jazak Allah Khair

It's not backbiting to discuss whether a scholar is reliable or not.

He is correct that one needs parental permission for jihad in general. However, he is incorrect in not mentioning that when jihad becomes obligatory due to circumstances (i.e. not having sufficient people, requiring any able-bodied men available) then parental permission is no longer required.

He is also incorrect in disparaging people by calling them brainwashed, because they may in fact have fulfilled all the requirements necessary to leave.

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum

Originally Posted by Logged2008 View Post
    1)How are people in canada supposed to buy a house? No1 has 300k + at hand and Is morgage haram, if so what do we do?

2) Is it gambling or haram if you organize a tournament with a sign up fee of say 20$ with 10ppl and at the end of the tournament 1st,2nd and 3rd place win 130$,70,30?

1) They either save their money until they can afford to buy a house or they use Islamic financing which involves an Islamic bank buying the house then selling it to you at a profit, which you can pay in installments.

2) Yes, that's gambling if the winnings come from people's sign up fees. People are putting up money with the risk of losing it.

http://spa.qibla.com/issue_view.asp?...D=3803&CATE=13

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...13946&CATE=239

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...12651&CATE=239

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum

Originally Posted by N.W.A View Post
    Asalamu Alaikum,

Why do you believe the concept of Hijrah is not emphasized here in the West by the people of knowledge? People want an Islamic State to be built but they expect others to do the work and don't really want to contribute first hand.

I'm not sure that it's not emphasized, but there are plenty of pre-conditions for an Islamic state, the least of which is having a legitimate Caliph. Because there have been tyrants ruling over Muslims for the past 80+ years, people have confined the obligation to openly advising the rulers to abandon all these failed systems and adopt an Islamic state. Not surprisingly, people have been jailed and killed for this, but it is actively pursued by noteworthy members of society to this day.

Once some Caliph is established, then the pledge of allegiance and hijrah become obligatory.

The Prophet (pbuh) said:

أفضل الجهاد من قال كلمة حق عند سلطان جائر

The best type of Jihad is to speak a word of truth to a tyrant ruler
    [Nasa'i]

سيد الشهداء حمزة بن عبد المطلب ، ورجل قام إلى إمام جائر فأمره ونهاه ، فقتله

The master of martyrs is Hamza bin Abdul Mutallib and a man who goes to a tyrant ruler and advises him about good and evil but he kills him because of that
    [Targhib wal Tarheeb]

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum

Originally Posted by N.W.A View Post
    Asalamu Alaikum,

Just curious, where would you want people to make the hijrah to?

Assalamualikom ^_^!

flabtoabs is not very well liked. (-100) flabtoabs is not very well liked. (-100) flabtoabs is not very well liked. (-100) flabtoabs is not very well liked. (-100) flabtoabs is not very well liked. (-100) flabtoabs is not very well liked. (-100) flabtoabs is not very well liked. (-100) flabtoabs is not very well liked. (-100) flabtoabs is not very well liked. (-100) flabtoabs is not very well liked. (-100) flabtoabs is not very well liked. (-100)
    what is the best english Quran translation available?

amazon or barnes and noble links plz.

Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can wait for SyrianKid to reply, but reading your post i am confused as to what the contradiction is?
    How does one disobey the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and still call himself a Muslim? Everything Muslims know about God and worshiping is taught to us through the lips of the prophet (pbuh). Obedience to the prophet (pbuh) is indeed the essence of worship. You follow the Sunnah in order to gain the pleasure of Allah.

As to your comment: Firstly, Muslims don't worship any human, Christians do. You don't ask the prophet (pbuh) to answers your prayers, but you ask and pray according to the ways taught to you by Muhammad (pbuh). No one is worthy of worship except Allah. Secondly, we do believe Christians have belied Jesus (pbuh).
    I understand that you guys disagree with christians because they literally state that jesus is the son of god. But why? Because muslims consider it shirk, or an association, partnership, and equal in authority. You guys do the same thing to Mohammad, only it's implied rather than literally stated.

Just think for a second. You state all you know about what god wants is through Mohammad, which means Mohammad is the one making the rules here. I get it, you believe that mohammad had a direct relationship with god that no other man had, so he was a direct messenger of god. Yet keep in mind, the rules and "god's words" are coming from him himself.

So the question is, what is wrong with believing god has a son, when believing that god had a "favorite prophet" that he only shared his ideas with sounds equally as ridiculous. They BOTH say that Jesus and Mohammad had a direct relationship with god which can not be questioned. Only one religion calls it a son, the other a messenger, but in the end, "god's words" are coming from their mouths.

You state above that muslims don't worship any human, but what constitutes as worship? Praising somebody above anyone else, and considering him to have direct authority alongside god sounds like the epitome of worship. And do you even realize what you are saying? Following the sunnah (which from what I learned from going to muslim school up until highschool, are extra actions you can do which the prophet did) is done to please god.

It seems that whether it is literally stated or implied, Mohammad=God.
    Last edited by Ir0n_Samurai; 03-11-2012 at 09:23 AM.
    "Plates before mates" -me

I understand that you guys disagree with christians because they literally state that jesus is the son of god. But why? Because muslims consider it shirk, or an association, partnership, and equal in authority. You guys do the same thing to Mohammad, only it's implied rather than literally stated.

Just think for a second. You state all you know about what god wants is through Mohammad, which means Mohammad is the one making the rules here. I get it, you believe that mohammad had a direct relationship with god that no other man had, so he was a direct messenger of god. Yet keep in mind, the rules and "god's words" are coming from him himself.

So the question is, what is wrong with believing god has a son, when believing that god had a "favorite prophet" that he only shared his ideas with sounds equally as ridiculous. They BOTH say that Jesus and Mohammad had a direct relationship with god which can not be questioned. Only one religion calls it a son, the other a messenger, but in the end, "god's words" are coming from their mouths.

You state above that muslims don't worship any human, but what constitutes as worship? Praising somebody above anyone else, and considering him to have direct authority alongside god sounds like the epitome of worship. And do you even realize what you are saying? Following the sunnah (which from what I learned from going to muslim school up until highschool, are extra actions you can do which the prophet did) is done to please god.

It seems that whether it is literally stated or implied, Mohammad=God.
    Literally and figuratively, there's a difference in what you're saying:

Muslims believe Muhammad (pbuh) was a human being, Christians do not believe Jesus (pbuh) was a human being.

Muslims believe Muhammad (pbuh) had no divine qualities or abilities, Christians believe Jesus (pbuh) had divine powrs and abilities.

Muslims believe Muhammad (pbuh) received revelations from God i.e he was not the source of religious information, Christians believe Jesus (pbuh) was the source of religious information

Muslims worship God, but love Muhammad and all the Prophets (pbuh). Christians worship Jesus (pbuh) as God or a part of God

Muslims praise Muhammad (pbuh) for human qualities like patience, mercy, and humility towards God, Christians praise Jesus (pbuh) for divine qualities as well as human qualities. In Islam, anyone who believes Muhammad was more than a human, or pray to Muhammad, or ask Muhammad for help, or believe Muhammad can help them have comitted idolatry and left Islam

Muslims are instructed to follow the example of the Prophets of the time i.e. God revealed the final testament to Muhammad (pbuh), so following the sunnah means following those last set of laws as revealed by God. Muslims believe that people should have followed the sunnah of Jesus or Moses before him etc. People are following God's religious laws, not personal habits of people.

So neither literally nor figuratively am I understanding your point. You are equating praising someone with worshiping them. Not even with a dictionary can that leap be justified.

Taking someone as an example because they are the most obedient to God is entirely different from worshiping someone because you think they are God or part of God.

Again, you should read what idolatry means:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...postcount=7063

Originally Posted by flabtoabs View Post
    what is the best english Quran translation available?

amazon or barnes and noble links plz.
    http://www.amazon.com/Meaning-Holy-Q.../dp/0915957760

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why do so many Muslims hate the pig? As far as I know all they're not supposed to do is consume it's meat or anything derived from it. Why do so many of them act as thought they're not supposed to touch them or be near one or even look at one? And please, don't anyone say "because it's a dirty animal" because that's a myth.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

SK, i think you missed this.

Another question to you:-
    1) So according to Christians, Mary (may God be pleased with her) was betroth to Joseph (pbuh). I was watching lecutres on youtube, and it seems to me that Joseph (pbuh) lived BEFORE even the times of Moses (pbuh). Then how can Mary (may God be pleased with her) be betroth Joseph (pbuh)?

1a) Do you think this concept of betroth is just the same as engagements? and are engagements prohibited, encouraged or not mentioned at all in the Sunnah?

Assalamualikom ^_^!

skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Keltron View Post
    Why do so many Muslims hate the pig? As far as I know all they're not supposed to do is consume it's meat or anything derived from it. Why do so many of them act as thought they're not supposed to touch them or be near one or even look at one? And please, don't anyone say "because it's a dirty animal" because that's a myth.
    We've been forbidden from eating them and they are considered as unclean, the rest of the drama is just cultural bull.
    Ummah reps fo' life... ?يوماد برآه

2:78. Among them are unlettered ones who do not know the scripture, except in wishful thinking, then assume that they know it.

Non-ignorant American Crew - 2012

ATTENTION MANLETS: PM me if you would like info on how to grow taller!

Closed Thread
Page 374 of 381 FirstFirst ... 274 324 364 372 373 374 375 376 ... LastLast