supersize77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Joints very sore from Max-ot

1st off, Max-ot is one of the best if not the best training programs I have ever used. But, since I've been using the 4-6 rep range for the past 6 months (I've taken a one week break every 10-12 weeks) which is outlined in Max-ot program my shoulders, area right under my biceps, and especially my elbows are killing me. I always push through the pain, but I've started to worry lately if I'm setting myself up for a torn biceps or something just as bad. Any ideas, should I raise the rep range from 8-10 or something? Advice will be greatly appreciated. I'm training w/ pretty heavy weights to hit the 4-6 rep range and I am literally "growing out of" the the 24 hour fitness where I work out. Is this too heavy?
    All men have fears, but the Brave put down their fears and move forward, sometimes to death, but ALWAYS to victory.

-Improvise, Adapt, Overcome.

drew is just really nice. (+1000) drew is just really nice. (+1000) drew is just really nice. (+1000) drew is just really nice. (+1000) drew is just really nice. (+1000) drew is just really nice. (+1000) drew is just really nice. (+1000) drew is just really nice. (+1000) drew is just really nice. (+1000) drew is just really nice. (+1000) drew is just really nice. (+1000)
    that program made me strong, but didnt do much for size.

I had to take a week off every 8-9 weeks as it killed my joints too. If I was dieting, it was even worse.

jeff willet says he takes a week off every 8, not every 10-12 so try that.
    I don't reply to PM's for sources. Read it again. I don't reply to PM's for sources. But I will forward it to a Mod.
    "anyone gaining a solid 15lbs off of a cycle wasn't at their limit yet." - ratmonkey

fsheva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had a similar experience. Two things worked for me. Taking a break more often, or decreasing volume.
    Joints would only bother me if I went past the 8 week mark, so I'd take a break every 6-8 weeks.

Shutup and lift...bitches Wheelies's Avatar
    Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have been training in th3 4-6 rep range for about a year after reading the max ot course. But not until about 2 months ago did I start following it exactly as outlined. I have had no problems wirh my joints, no injuries except when I went real heavy on dips, now my one tricep hurts when i do dips

Yeah, I will try the week off after eight weeks.
    All men have fears, but the Brave put down their fears and move forward, sometimes to death, but ALWAYS to victory.

Originally posted by fsheva
    I had a similar experience. Two things worked for me. Taking a break more often, or decreasing volume.
    Joints would only bother me if I went past the 8 week mark, so I'd take a break every 6-8 weeks.
    Did you just take a set or two off, say 2 sets of bench instead of 3.

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I also heard you can gake something
    gluccosamine or something
    to help with joints

fsheva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by supersize77
    Did you just take a set or two off, say 2 sets of bench instead of 3.
    Yeah. I'd usually take one or two sets out depending on the muscle group. But I still think taking the week off is a much better solution. I only resorted to taking out sets when I felt that my body could perfectly tolerate 1-2 more weeks before I take the break but my joints started to bother me.