Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodShoot is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ihateprotein View Post
    thank you very much! This is the best post i have read in this forum so far!
    LOL be honest did you make that post about chicken turning you gay?

LOL dude ur insane

GregTR is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregTR is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregTR is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregTR is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregTR is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregTR is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregTR is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregTR is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregTR is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregTR is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregTR is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by doleczki View Post
    i appreciate your hard work
    Why would you bump this thread like that? No wonder you're red...

Originally Posted by ali208 View Post
    Did I mention I laughed throughout reading this thread. Please keep it going. Im just curious if you guys think hes a troll why are you still talking to him when its clear that he has his own theories of how things work and nothing you say is going to change his opinions no matter how ludicrious his opinions are, and I think really he argues for the sake of arguing.
    I was going to write more but I figured it's better to let this thread sink. But then you get these two posts that bump it to the top again so the damage is already done.

I'm no longer providing any kind of information for the OP, there is really no need...
    www.gregstransformation.com - follow my journey

Inuendo? In HER end Oh! PickItUp's Avatar
    PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bfactor View Post
    I'll add that whatever long winded mumbo-jumbo justification you use, you still didn't answer the question of why you wouldn't want to maintain your muscle as you lose weight. If, as you say, it's easier to add LBM at lower bodyweights, it still requires effort that could have been avoided.
    Preserving muscle will make the whole process take longer...or maybe, it will be a wash in the end...

Going slower will mean that at the end of a year (for example), he has more muscle. But if he cuts super fast, then he can start bulking sooner, and by the end of that same year, the overall status could be similar. In the end, I don't think it makes that much difference. There is sometimes a miniscule difference between IDEAL and GOOD ENOUGH. This is probably one of those occassions.
    Mark these words in the annals (no homo) of bodybuilding.com.
    8===D~~~ (.Y.)

Fixxxer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fixxxer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fixxxer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fixxxer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fixxxer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fixxxer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fixxxer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fixxxer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fixxxer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fixxxer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fixxxer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Im just curious if you guys think hes a troll why are you still talking to him when its clear that he has his own theories of how things work and nothing you say is going to change his opinions no matter how ludicrious his opinions are, and I think really he argues for the sake of arguing.

dev3l has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dev3l has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dev3l has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dev3l has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dev3l has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dev3l has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dev3l has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dev3l has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dev3l has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dev3l has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dev3l has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well, OP you made a choice and yes you lost LBM. You can keep talking about bulking at 220, no one told you to? You were told to lift weights to preserve current lbm instead of being a cardio bunny. You don't want to and that's okay but there's no need to try and justify why cardio is better and losing lbm makes sense to you. I was 260 and weighed more than you but I cut and still lift weights. The other benefit is you get used to form and learn through experience, when show time comes around (lean bulk) you'll be prepared and ready. It also forms a habit of lifting and getting used to it during lean bulks and cuts. Consistency is key here. If you feel differently and now its probably too late for you that is okay.

ihateprotein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ihateprotein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ihateprotein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ihateprotein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ihateprotein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ihateprotein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ihateprotein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ihateprotein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ihateprotein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ihateprotein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ihateprotein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Let's start over...

I am a fatty and a newby, I have to say I've learned a lot from reading this thread...
    1) Boys are very possessive and territorial. The "troll" as you call him would probably have been better recieved had he not argued, trying to prove the others wrong and simply stated that this was his opinion only and not actually scream it as fact.
    2) I think that the regulars all have experience where the "troll" does not.
    3)I can't think anyone with any amount of intellegence would actually think that they would be "not skinny fat, just skinny"
    4)I had to google acronyms
    Oh and I looked up everyones transformations (the ones on their signatures. Thank you so much for sharing with the rest of us)
    Did I mention I laughed throughout reading this thread. Please keep it going. Im just curious if you guys think hes a troll why are you still talking to him when its clear that he has his own theories of how things work and nothing you say is going to change his opinions no matter how ludicrious his opinions are, and I think really he argues for the sake of arguing.
    1) The troll "argues" because he was accused of being a "troll", "idiot" and "fat bastard" just because he opposed "the broscience", told people about his personal body weight loss and re-bulking up method, and made citations from scientific sources. On the contrary, "the troll" was the one who was being insanely tried to be proven wrong, he was the one who was being insulted rudely with slang vocabulary, and being "scream"ed at his face that his claims are completely "non-sense", and people who made these statements based their arguments on "pure BROSCIENCE".

2) "The troll" is 26 years old, college graduate, an engineer, it's been 5 years since he is into this fitness/bodybuilding thing, and he makes researches based on pure science (NOT BROSCIENCE) about how body works, and he likes getting into deep details when it comes to biological stuff, and cites his sources whenever he makes claims.

3) "The troll" has quite amount of intelligence, and he stated that he will be around 14% body fat levels when he is done with losing weight, he just opposed the idea that he will lose all the muscle he's got but remain the fat mass when he drops to 157 lbs if he insists on using the "body weight managing method" which he claims to be working.

4) "The troll" recommends merriam-webster online dictionary for whom wants to find acronyms to the english words

Originally Posted by dev3l View Post
    Well, OP you made a choice and yes you lost LBM. You can keep talking about bulking at 220, no one told you to? You were told to lift weights to preserve current lbm instead of being a cardio bunny. You don't want to and that's okay but there's no need to try and justify why cardio is better and losing lbm makes sense to you. I was 260 and weighed more than you but I cut and still lift weights. The other benefit is you get used to form and learn through experience, when show time comes around (lean bulk) you'll be prepared and ready. It also forms a habit of lifting and getting used to it during lean bulks and cuts. Consistency is key here. If you feel differently and now its probably too late for you that is okay.
    The bloodstream has more testosterone when a person's BMI is lower. It's true that aromatisation occurs in the fat tissue, but it also occurs in muscle tissue. Actually, aromatisation occuring in muscle mass is relatively higher than in fat tissue:

If constancy of tissue aromatization throughout the body is assumed, the muscle accounts for 25-30% and adipose tissue for 10-15% of the total extragonadal aromatization of androgens to estrogens. (J Clin En-docrinol Metab 46: 146, 1978)

CHRISTOPHER LONGCOPE, J. HOWARD PRATT, H. SCHNEIDER STEPHEN and S. EDWIN FINEBERG

Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism Vol. 46, No. 1 146-152
    doi:10.1210/jcem-46-1-146
    Copyright ? 1978 by the Endocrine Society.

that's why i insist on losing body weight. When your BMI is high (doesnt matter how lean you are) there is less testosterone in your bloodstream. Because aromatisation occurs both in fat and muscle tissue.
    Losing weight and lowering my BMI (body mass index, calculated by the formula= body weight/(height*height) [kg/m2] ) will allow me gain muscle faster, and i will add min. fat while bulking up with the appropriate dieting techniques.

TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000)
    1) When you are 157 lbs, you need less calories to bulk up compared to your 220 lbs form.
    Unless you're just concerned about the cost of food, this is one of the most retarded sentiments I've ever seen posted on these forums.

If your goal is to bulk, and you have a 220lb guy and a 157lb guy what difference does it make who needs more calories to bulk? Your goal is to bulk, the 220 lb guy is lightyears ahead of the 157 lb guy from the get-go.

And the flip side of this incredibly stupid argument is the 220 lb guy CAN EAT MORE CALORIES AND LOSE BODYFAT!!

ihateprotein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ihateprotein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ihateprotein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ihateprotein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ihateprotein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ihateprotein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ihateprotein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ihateprotein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ihateprotein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ihateprotein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ihateprotein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by TheNewestGuy View Post
    Unless you're just concerned about the cost of food, this is one of the most retarded sentiments I've ever seen posted on these forums.

If your goal is to bulk, and you have a 220lb guy and a 157lb guy what difference does it make who needs more calories to bulk? Your goal is to bulk, the 220 lb guy is lightyears ahead of the 157 lb guy from the get-go.

And the flip side of this incredibly stupid argument is the 220 lb guy CAN EAT MORE CALORIES AND LOSE BODYFAT!!

220 lbs guy is NO WAY "lightyears ahead" of the 157 lbs guy, because 220 lbs guy has lots of fat stacked on his body.

I have NEVER said "220 lbs guy can eat more calories and lose body fat"... gee...

TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000)
    No, that's the converse of what you're saying.

If you follow your advice of "not caring about losing muscle," your bodyfat percentage will effectively stay the same or increase because you're losing muscle as well.

So you have a 157lb guy at like 14% and a 220lb guy at 20%.

The 220lb guy is going to be able to cut on MORE calories (this is a plus!) and will look significantly better than the other guy.

And let's not pretend that the 157 lb guy is not going to have fat stacked on his body after a bulk.

GregTR is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregTR is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregTR is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregTR is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregTR is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregTR is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregTR is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregTR is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregTR is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregTR is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregTR is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    And let's not pretend that the 157 lb guy is not going to have fat stacked on his body after a bulk.
    But that is the exact point this douche is trying to argue! And the rest of us are simply not buying it. But hey, he can cite all the books and theory until the rubber meets the road he's a troll to me.

If the OP comes back in a year and proves us wrong I'll eat crow. But somehow I think he'll just end up skinny fat then fat again after he gives up on this progress.... Hell, I'll even put $100 on the line that in one year he'll still look like garbage.

csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by GregTR View Post
    If the OP comes back in a year and proves us wrong I'll eat crow. But somehow I think he'll just end up skinny fat then fat again after he gives up on this progress.... Hell, I'll even put $100 on the line that in one year he'll still look like garbage.
    I don't know man - ihateprotein aka karewire aka wlan has made an incredible transformation in the past. I suspect he's a ninth level fat loss guru, traveling the internet incognito, righting wrongs...

Originally Posted by wlan (also: karewire, also: ihateprotein) View Post
    alright, i want to share you my routine, how i transformed my body, got wide shoulders, sticking out proud chest, toned arms, matching legs and a narrow waist, sorry no photos...

MY DIET:

1:
    -6 egg whites, 1 yolk
    -100 gr oat meal with raisins and skim milk
    -50 gr cottage cheese (almost no fat)
    -1 cup green tea
    -tomatoes, cucumber, olives

2:
    -100 gr brown rice
    -200 gr fish (gray mullet)
    -salad with olive oil dressing

3:
    -100 gr brown rice
    -200 gr lean red meat
    -salad with olive oil dressing

4:
    -100 gr brown rice
    -200 gr fish
    -(yes, again) salad with olive oil dressing

5:
    -6 egg whites

My post workout drink: 80 gr grape syrup + 2 scoops protein powder

● no sugar, not even 1 gr, never ever
    ● only oat meal and brown rice for the carb source
    ● almost no saturated fat
    ● only olive oil and nuts for the fat source
    ● no white bread, no pasta
    ● no desserts, no sugary drinks
    ● lots of vegetables, especially dark green leafy ones
    ● 3 portions fruit every day
    ● i ate mostly fish for the protein source
    ● i drank lots of water every day

● I concentrated on the abs workout most
    ● I was in gym 3 days on, 1 day off
    ● I worked my abs every day
    ● I walked on the tread mill at 4 mph for 40 mins, 3 days a week

After 8 months of bulking period, i changed my diet to get ripped. To get ripped;

● i lowered the carbs gradually every week for 3 months
    ● no sugar, no fruits, very little fat

ok, many thanks for reading, good luck, best regards...
    Dammit - I swore on a stack of bibles that I wasn't gonna post in this thread anymore.

No, that's the converse of what you're saying.

If you follow your advice of "not caring about losing muscle," your bodyfat percentage will effectively stay the same or increase because you're losing muscle as well.

So you have a 157lb guy at like 14% and a 220lb guy at 20%.

The 220lb guy is going to be able to cut on MORE calories (this is a plus!) and will look significantly better than the other guy.

wrong.

my body fat % will not "effectively stay the same or increase", because I'm doing cardio exercise, namely HIIT, which increases the number of mitochondrias in skeletal muscle and turns your body into a fat burning machine:

High-intensity aerobic interval training increases fat and carbohydrate metabolic capacities in human skeletal muscle.

Christopher G R Perry; George J F Heigenhauser; Arend Bonen; Lawrence L Spriet
    Title: Applied physiology, nutrition, and metabolism = Physiologie appliqu?e, nutrition et m?tabolisme Volume: 33 ISSN: 1715-5312 ISO Abbreviation: - Publication Date: 2008 Dec

This study demonstrated that 18 h of repeated high-intensity exercise sessions over 6 weeks (3 d.week-1) is a powerful method to increase whole-body and skeletal muscle capacities to oxidize fat and carbohydrate in previously untrained individuals.

Secondly, 220 lbs guy at 20% isn't granted to burn more fat than the 157 lbs %14 guy because 157 lbs guy has adapted his body to burn fat more efficiently, thanks to high intensity cardiovascular training.

157 lbs %14 guy will have minimal fat gains when he is done with bulking up because he will FOLLOW A VERY CLEAN AND SMART DIET, CYCLE CARBOHYDRATES, COUNT CALORIES, CALCULATE CHANGES IN WEIGHT GAINS, MEASURING BODY FAT LEVELS REGULARLY AND TAILOR HIS DIET AND WORKOUTS PROPERLY!!! PLUS, HE WILL WORK WITH A PERSONAL TRAINER!!

In short, he will play the game by the rules!

wrong.

my body fat % will not "effectively stay the same or increase", because I'm doing cardio exercise, namely HIIT, which increases the number of mitochondrias in skeletal muscle and turns your body into a fat burning machine:
    So much broscience and retardation it's hard to know where to start.

If you have 150 lbs of lean mass and 20 lbs of fat, you lose 10lbs of fat and 10 lbs of lean mass, your body fat % goes from 8.8% to 9.3%. You lost fat, but your bodyfat is higher. All the HITT in the world doesn't change that nor does it change the mountain of nonsense you've spewed in this thread.

Yo, OP, are you willing to take my $100 bet? I bet that you will not be cut down to 8% BF with 160lbs lean mass in one year doing what you're doing. You better put your money where your damn mouth is! "What happened? Did I shut you up?"

Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why are we still bumping this thread? I hate to even respond to ask, but saying the things he has with a name like ihateprotein, this is a blatantly obvious troll. Everyone responding KNOWS he's a troll. Don't respond, don't get angry, don't do anything. Let him keep bumping his own thread every 2-3 days and stroke his e-peen.
    "You show me someone who got fat eating fruit and I'll show you someone with a deep fryer and too much time on their hands."

Y.K.K.M.M.F.

Originally Posted by Il_Dago View Post
    Why are we still bumping this thread? I hate to even respond to ask, but saying the things he has with a name like ihateprotein, this is a blatantly obvious troll. Everyone responding KNOWS he's a troll. Don't respond, don't get angry, don't do anything. Let him keep bumping his own thread every 2-3 days and stroke his e-peen.
    Your signature indicates that I'm not a troll, nor an idiot.
    I have cited "my damn" sources.

When you follow a low calorie diet for a long time, and lose weight, and remain untrained, your body will be enthusiastic about absorbing all the nutrients you take in and ready to put on muscle faster than the trained guys, due to high levels of testosterone...

I really really don't understand why writing about my body weight loss method and my opinion about a smarter body sculpting technique is pissing people off in the Losing Fat forums. I have shared my desired path to follow with you people, and the reception I've got here, you guys can stick it, brothers...

dumb, dumb, dumb

Plan: Lean>Swole>Ripped Iron Chicano's Avatar
    Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    TL;DR But I has question, if you hate protein how do you plan on bulking? Once you do gain muscle mass you will have to eat more protein to keep the muscles.
    ~Sh!tty Chest Crew~
    My Double-T 10 Week Challenge Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122543661
    Cutting till theres nothing left.

Man, I have this crispy Ben Franklin just waiting to be placed in an escrow....... But all I hear is chickens clucking, crickets chirping and BS talking......

Originally Posted by Iron Chicano View Post
    TL;DR But I has question, if you hate protein how do you plan on bulking? Once you do gain muscle mass you will have to eat more protein to keep the muscles.
    It'll be done all on green tea extracts.....

Originally Posted by Iron Chicano View Post
    i don't really hate protein. it's just my nickname. i don't really mean it.

U295 is just really nice. (+1000) U295 is just really nice. (+1000) U295 is just really nice. (+1000) U295 is just really nice. (+1000) U295 is just really nice. (+1000) U295 is just really nice. (+1000) U295 is just really nice. (+1000) U295 is just really nice. (+1000) U295 is just really nice. (+1000) U295 is just really nice. (+1000) U295 is just really nice. (+1000)
    GJ, any photos...?

Originally Posted by U295 View Post
    GJ, any photos...?
    allright, i will post a few pics in a few mins.

allright, i will post a few pics in a few mins.
    /me getting out some popcorn for this one.....

/me getting out some popcorn for this one.....
    enjoy it baby.
    Attached Images

enjoy it baby.
    Looking pretty good actually. Just try to keep the muscle on!

Looking pretty good actually. Just try to keep the muscle on!
    thanks. will do!