IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz

Thumbs up 68 year old bodybuilder makes the newspaper today

I was reading the print version of the Oregonian at work today, came across this neat article. I hope I can look this good at 68!:

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index...68_shephe.html

★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

► ► ►Dirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts ◄ ◄ ◄ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Looks great at 68.

Gay Games..? Never heard of 'em before.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154678393

If a guy's working harder than me - doing more than me - he fking well deserves to beat me.

Simple plan.

"Conceive. Believe. Perceive. Achieve", RMW

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by yakabebe View Post
    Gay Games..? Never heard of 'em before.
    Me either. It occurred to me as I read the article, how does one verify their eligibility for this competition? What would keep a straight person from claiming to be gay in order to enter?

Regardless, the guy is a great example of what can be accomplished in the "golden years". He obviously doesn't buy into the stereotype that we have to weaken and become incapacitated by age, as many expect.
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★

► ► ►Dirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts ◄ ◄ ◄ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    Me either. It occurred to me as I read the article, how does one verify their eligibility for this competition? What would keep a straight person from claiming to be gay in order to enter?
    I thought the same thing, wrote it and actually edited my post deleting the thought.

My mind started to go to some weird qualification or elegibility rounds......
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154678393

If a guy's working harder than me - doing more than me - he fking well deserves to beat me.

Simple plan.

"Conceive. Believe. Perceive. Achieve", RMW

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Smile

Well, the article DID say that it was "primarily" for gay athletes. And it did say he's the father of three and grandfather of eight, so his heterosexuality isn't up for debate. Whatever the case, he looks great for a man his age and I can only hope to look half that good if I reach his age.

And, no, I do NOT want to think about how one "qualifies" for those games, LOL!
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Originally Posted by GuyJin View Post
    And it did say he's the father of three and grandfather of eight, so his heterosexuality isn't up for debate.
    I certainly didn't intend for this to become a sexual orientation discussion, but it should be noted that gays and lesbians do adopt children. It may be premature to assume that just because he's a father, he's heterosexual.
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★

PowerFlex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PowerFlex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PowerFlex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PowerFlex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PowerFlex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PowerFlex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PowerFlex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PowerFlex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PowerFlex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PowerFlex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PowerFlex has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by GuyJin View Post
    "he's the father of three and grandfather of eight, so his heterosexuality isn't up for debate."
    Actually, in an ideal world this wouldn't make a difference whatsoever, but simply because one has children doesn't necessarily mean that they are heterosexual. Producing children is a physical and biological thing and doesn't not denote orientation as I know quite a few same sex couples that have either adopted children or have had children prior to their finallly "coming out", both male and female. And don't judge......it is what it is.

And either gay or straight, this 68 year old bodybuilder looks phenomenal and I too hope to look as good as he does when I am at that age!
    Huge Muscle and a HUGE Attitude! Take no prisoners, in and out of the gym GRRRR!!!

tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have two friends/work mates who are gay fathers. One with two daughters and the other with 3 boys. Both are still on good terms with theirs spouses for the children.

Being married and or with children really doesn't "guarantee" heterosexuality.
    Last edited by tonester; 02-09-2010 at 03:58 AM.
    "Adapt and overcome."

"Everything you need is inside you."

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Okay, I stand corrected and honestly meant no offense to anyone. I just assumed that he was straight--children/grandchildren and all that. (Yes, I know "to assume" means to make an ass out of you and me--or in my case, me being the ass).

Having said that, it doesn't matter if he's gay or straight. The guy has worked hard and has created an enviable physique for his age--or any other, for that matter. What I said before stands: If I could look half as good at that age, then I'd be satisfied.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I was about to give him his props, but then, well you know...
    On the list for Bannukah

redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    I certainly didn't intend for this to become a sexual orientation discussion, but it should be noted that gays and lesbians do adopt children. It may be premature to assume that just because he's a father, he's heterosexual.
    Back to the post guy look's good, any age, any whatever !

Keeponpumpin- RED
    Enjoy The Pump Of Life !!

IT'S NOT WHAT KIND OF CAR YOU DRIVE THAT COUNTS, IT'S THE SIZE OF THE ARM YOU HANG OUT THE WINDOW!

Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    No, I don't know. Guy looks good and his sexuality isn't an issue with that.

Paracelsus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paracelsus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paracelsus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paracelsus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paracelsus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paracelsus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paracelsus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paracelsus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paracelsus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paracelsus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Paracelsus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post

Know what? Because he is too old? Too skinny?

Enlighten us, why don't you......
    I don't give S^&%, I don't take S$^$, I ain't in the S$^$ Business!

Reps? Reps? I don't need no stinkin' Reps!

Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Pops is looking good!
    -------------------------------------------------

Dee

theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Paracelsus View Post
    Know what? Because he is too old? Too skinny?

Enlighten us, why don't you......
    Aw come on, lighten up. He's obviously referring to his hairy arms.

Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by theKurp View Post
    Aw come on, lighten up. He's obviously referring to his hairy arms.
    Really? I thought it was because the guys wearing lifting gloves....but then so does BH. Now I confused.
    " ----------I`m your Huckleberry......'"

John Adams