Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Wot?

Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    your nutrition looks so . . . cute
    Originally Posted by StlBarbie View Post
    My thoughts exactly ...
    What the heck is that supposed to mean? Instigators. I know it's not typical and I am waiting for someone to harrass me about it. Definitely not a popular lifestyle here!

Barb, I seriously thought I injured it or something. Can't wait for tomorrow's workout!
    Currently fluctuating in beautiful pulses

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by WannaBeModel View Post
    What the heck is that supposed to mean?
    the thing about eating a lot of veggies, nuts and grains is that they make colourful-looking meals. except for the 'green drink' perhaps

much nicer to look at than a bleeding steak
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    except for the 'green drink' perhaps
    The green drink is actually very good. It doesn't taste like veggies at all when made with the right portions of each component. I sometimes use hemp protein in it as well, which is pretty tasty.

Workout

Couch 25k Week 1, Day 2

Workout Notes
    This had to be modified as the weather was crap and I didn't feel like mucking with the controls on the treadmill. I ended up running more and varying my speeds to attempt outdoor-like running.

Nutrition

Meal 1: grape nuts, soymilk, banana, pistachios
    Meal 2: chickpea gravy, olive oil and kale mashed potatoes, balsamic brussel sprouts, cherries
    Preworkout: whole grain bread, avocado, grapefruit
    Postworkout: veggie lasagne, green beans, vinegarette, pistachios
    Meal 5: apple cinnamon muffin, vino

Nutrition Notes
    Felt alright today. Still not that hungry. Portion sizes were fairly small as they have been all week. The muffins are quite good...low fat, not much in terms of sugars from sources other than fruit.

Mood

I had a small frustration today and my mind immediately went to harmful behaviors, but I chose to do otherwise. I see that those behaviors are definitely emotionally driven and I have to stop that. I feel good about how I managed it today.

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by WannaBeModel View Post
    The green drink is actually very good. It doesn't taste like veggies at all when made with the right portions of each component.
    oo i don't doubt that. my point was the colour - veggie drinks tend to look like mud

chickpea gravy
    sounds good. how do you make this?
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey EO .. you should think about starting a recipe thread.
    I bet if you started one in the nutrition section, it would be one of the longest running ones with a crazy amount of hits.

[its way too early for me]

Right now it doesn't matter what the results will be.
    Whats more important is that you test the waters. You share the story.. you add a different aspect to your recovery..

Leap and the net will appear..

my point was the colour - veggie drinks tend to look like mud
    No wonder that comment didn't make sense to me. It's actually BRIGHT green. Those drinks turn brown when people add berries to them. I tried it once...way too unappealing to drink what appears to be sewer water. I'll try to post a picture.

Saute a chopped onion and a couple cloves of garlic in about a tsp of oil. While that's softening, combine a cup of water and 2 TB spelt(or whatever kind) flour. Set aside. Add can of drained and rinsed chickpeas to the onion and garlic mixture. Mash the chickpeas a bit(about half of them mashed). Add whatever seasonings you like. I like salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, coriander, and maybe some smoked paprika. Mix well and add the water/flour mixture. Mix that well. Bring to a boil and then turn to a simmer. Cook until mixture is thick. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and about 1/4 cup nutritional yeast a nd mix well. Ta da!

Originally Posted by Megin View Post
    [its way too early for me]
    No such thing!

Originally Posted by kris
    Saute a chopped onion and a couple cloves of garlic in about a tsp of oil. While that's softening, combine a cup of water and 2 TB spelt(or whatever kind) flour. Set aside. Add can of drained and rinsed chickpeas to the onion and garlic mixture. Mash the chickpeas a bit(about half of them mashed). Add whatever seasonings you like. I like salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, coriander, and maybe some smoked paprika. Mix well and add the water/flour mixture. Mix that well. Bring to a boil and then turn to a simmer. Cook until mixture is thick. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and about 1/4 cup nutritional yeast a nd mix well. Ta da!
    thanks i should be able to make this i think.

i actually had chickpeas yesterday - warmed them in a microwave.

Yesterday...

Workout

I did this, but totally forked it up so I'll post next week's. Regardless, it was too easy and I added some tabata sprints at the end.

Workout Notes
    HA!

Nutrition
    Meal 1: half smoothie, apple cinnamon muffin
    Meal 2: 2 apple cinnamon muffins, pistachios
    Meal 3: see meal 2
    Preworkout: spelt tortilla, boca, salad
    Postworkout: tofu, broccoli, rice, green smoothie, miso soup
    Meal 6: watermelon, apple cinnamon muffin

Nutrition Notes
    I was literally all over the place today. I was short on time and all but the last few meals were grab and go situations. Ah well.

Mood
    Therapy today sucked. It set my attitude to funky. I snapped out of it eventually, though.

I think I'm going to get a manicure and pedicure today before I pick up my sister. This is the first Saturday that I'm not doing something for someone else and I'm going to try to do something fun for me!

Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Can we change our signature yet?

Last edited by Megin; 02-13-2010 at 09:23 AM.
    Whats more important is that you test the waters. You share the story.. you add a different aspect to your recovery..

why? a truer statement has yet to be made.

Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    In. Late, but in.

I really need to pay more attention.
    Simp's Back: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165133671&page=1

Working to regain strength, muscle, endurance, and lose some blubber. Damn you drinking-wine-on-the-couch. Why are you so good?

I'll think about it. Let me find something good first

why? a truer statement has yet to be made.
    Indeed
    Originally Posted by Simpy View Post
    I really need to pay more attention.
    You've been busy(yes, I've been lurking).

Workout
    None

Nutrition

Meal 1: green smoothie(partial), berries, kiwi, yogurt, sunflower seeds, whole grain bread, earth balance
    Meal 2: apple cinnamon muffin, pecans
    Meal 3: tofu, broccoli, rice, muffin
    Meal 4: banana, grapefruit, whole grain bread, cinnamon raisin pb
    Meal 5: boca, whole grain bread

Nutrition Notes
    Pretty good for an off day. Not a lot of food, but that's okay. The yogurt was okay. Agave sweetened soy yogurt...I'm deciding whether or not I'll buy it again because I really like yogurt!

Mood
    Good! Treated myself to a manicure and pedicure, lazed around, hung out with the family. It was a good day.

Off to watch a movie with the little sis!

Workout
    Couch 25K Week 2, Day 1

Workout Notes
    Perfect weather so I ran outside. This was a treat.

Nutrition

Meal 1: soymilk, peaches, raspberries, whole grain bread, earth balance
    Preworkout: grape nuts, soymilk, blueberries
    Postworkout: steamed veggies, steamed dumpling, rice
    Meal 4: granola, almond milk, truffles!

Nutrition Notes
    No complaints. Ate truffles, did not binge, YES.

Mood
    Fantastic. Weather was beautiful, hung out with family, it was just a good day.

I'll be back later to check journals.

megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi!!
    just came to say Hi
    wish you luck on your goals!!!

i assume you had vegan truffles?

Originally Posted by power.mom View Post
    wish you luck on your goals!!!
    Hey there. Thanks!
    i assume you had vegan truffles?
    Obviously. If I don't say vegan, it doesn't mean the food wasn't vegan. I just don't feel the need to type vegan before every food I eat.

Workout

A1 Front squat - 75 lbs
    A2 Pulldown - 110 lbs

B1 DB Press - 70 lbs
    B2 Calf Raise - 90 lbs

C1 Back Extension - 35 lbs
    C2 Side Bends - 35 lbs

Workout Notes
    Had to switch a few things around due to space and use. There were A LOT of people at the gym. Front squats were fun!

Nutrition

Meal 1: green smoothie(kale, banana, pineapple, peach), french toast(lots of stuff in it)
    Meal 2: steamed veggies, steamed rice, steamed dumplings, granola, soymilk
    Preworkout: granola, yogurt, blueberries
    Postworkout: granola, soymilk, roasted potatoes, brussel sprouts, EB, nutritional yeast, seitan sausage

Nutrition Notes
    This felt like too much food, though it doesn't really seem like it when I look at it. I need to work on this a little.

The green smoothie...for Miranda who thought I was drinking sewer water

Your new pad is BEAUTIFUL!!!

More pics of the house!!

looks like a transparent septic tank . . . you're vegan after all so i imagine your poo looks nicer than mine. and smells like tulips

LOL @ Miranda. I know you know that vegan poo is worse than any other poo in the world. I disgust myself most of the time, actually.

Thanks, Megs!

Will be back later. This past week wasn't great, but whatev. Today is a new day....

zigzag71 is just really nice. (+1000) zigzag71 is just really nice. (+1000) zigzag71 is just really nice. (+1000) zigzag71 is just really nice. (+1000) zigzag71 is just really nice. (+1000) zigzag71 is just really nice. (+1000) zigzag71 is just really nice. (+1000) zigzag71 is just really nice. (+1000) zigzag71 is just really nice. (+1000) zigzag71 is just really nice. (+1000) zigzag71 is just really nice. (+1000)
    yay! Back with the C25K and Vegan-y goodness. I've been enjoying your posts.

serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    http://www.recipezaar.com/Vegan-Truffles-33995 Like these?

An 11 calorie truffle....I think I could deal
    "Choice is ours whether
    we become victim or victor!!"

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Where the WO damnit????

Originally Posted by zigzag71 View Post
    yay! Back with the C25K and Vegan-y goodness. I've been enjoying your posts.
    Hey! Thanks...they've been sporadic lately, though.

Originally Posted by serinebean View Post
    An 11 calorie truffle....I think I could deal
    Aye...I am too afraid to look at that link because I think I'd try to make them like NOW.

Where the WO damnit????
    Busted! LOL

Workout

A1 Front Squat - 75 lbs
    A2 Pulldown - 110 lbs

B1 Decline DB Press 80 lbs
    B2 Side Bend - 35 lbs

C1 Back Extension - 45 lbs
    C2 Calf Raise - no weight

Workout Notes
    Good! I was feeling all woman-y, so I didn't do any cardio post workout. I'll makeup for it today.

Nutrition

Meal 1: green smoothie(kale, mango, peaches, banana), whole grain french toast, pecans
    Meal 2: cashews
    Meal 3: lentil soup, quinoa cornbread, grapefruit
    Preworkout: clif bar
    Postworkout: marinara, bean balls, spelt pasta, brussel sprouts, earth balance, nooch, pineapple, almonds

Nutrition Notes
    Day 1. Deep breath for day 2...

Hill sprints today. And C25K week 3 day 1 since I am a bum and am JUST getting to it.

StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    WO looks awesome Kris ...
    you are really hitting it all ... how are the doms?
    You have really kept a strong back returning with a #45 back extension ...
    GREAT JOB!!!

serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ok...what is nooch? Must I google it?

Your food looks so appealing to me.

I would never be bothered to make those truffles. I hate anything that takes that kind of time.
    So my plan would be to fly you into WA, and have you make them for me lol.
    *there is that little issue of funding...but everything works out.

I agree with Barbs...your back must be strong. I struggle to lift my big head. hehe.

Did I mention I am so glad to have another oldie back?
    "Choice is ours whether
    we become victim or victor!!"

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

Did I mention I am so glad to have another oldie back?
    Meee ToooO!!
    Especially this one .. she is a fighter and more than fun to have around

Now, Kristin - get off the computer and go hit the gym!
    <--- training face

you are really hitting it all ... how are the doms?
    Not bad! Sometimes my butt hurts, but I otherwise don't get DOMS much. That sucks!

Ok...what is nooch? Must I google it?
    It's nutritional yeast. It's got a cheezy flavor and I use it to make lots of different things. I make a parmesean-y thing with almonds, nutritional yeast, miso, and salt. Yum!

I agree with Barbs...your back must be strong. I struggle to lift my big head. hehe.

Now, Kristin - get off the computer and go hit the gym!
    Yes, ma'am!

Workout
    Hill sprints + C25K Week 3, Day 1

Workout Notes
    I lovingly refer to these as hell sprints. Forking things. But it felt good to do it!

Nutrition

Meal 1: spelt peach pecan pancake, EB, maple syrup, green smoothie(kale, banana, pineapple, peach, mango)
    Preworkout: salad(a lot of stuff), whole grain bread, grapefruit, grapes, almonds
    Postworkout: spelt spaghetti and beanballs, pineapple, banana, whole grain bread, almonds

Nutrition Notes
    Timing was...weird. I'm not sure how that happened, but it did. I need to plan a little better. But day 2 was good. Deep breath for day 3.

Mood
    Pretty good! Despite the rain and such, I felt good. Last week's frustration is trying to make things good, but I don't really care. That is helping keep my mood level as well.

She-Hulk in the making IronMaiden1522's Avatar
    IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMaiden1522 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Speaking of vegan poop. I saw Alicia Silverstone on Oprah the other day bragging about vegan poop and how amazing it is.

Still a powerhouse I see!

zigzag71 is just really nice. (+1000) zigzag71 is just really nice. (+1000) zigzag71 is just really nice. (+1000) zigzag71 is just really nice. (+1000) zigzag71 is just really nice. (+1000) zigzag71 is just really nice. (+1000) zigzag71 is just really nice. (+1000) zigzag71 is just really nice. (+1000) zigzag71 is just really nice. (+1000) zigzag71 is just really nice. (+1000) zigzag71 is just really nice. (+1000)
    haha - I like your terminology for Hill Sprints. Might have to steal that.
    They are hell at the time, but it always feels good when you're done with them.
    Deep breath, and keep it up!