Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    nail clipper is just really nice. (+1000) nail clipper is just really nice. (+1000) nail clipper is just really nice. (+1000) nail clipper is just really nice. (+1000) nail clipper is just really nice. (+1000) nail clipper is just really nice. (+1000) nail clipper is just really nice. (+1000) nail clipper is just really nice. (+1000) nail clipper is just really nice. (+1000) nail clipper is just really nice. (+1000) nail clipper is just really nice. (+1000)

So is my generation and the generation after me f*cked as far as marriage goes?

My parents divorced when I was like 3. And I didn't know back then, but looking back, there were a lot of different guys I had to meet. So my mom did a bit of slutting it up looking back, but she actually did well for herself and gave me a good life, so I have a lot of respect for her.

However, I was inspired to make this thread because one of my friends on ******** has two kids, is still in her younger 20's, went through a divorce, and is still partying like a teenager. Seriously getting wasted, slutting it up. I heard she slept with 6 guys at my workplace atleast, and that's only there who knows about the outside world (it's probably more considering all the pics of her drunk in clubs). WTF? you have two kids?!?! what the f*ck is wrong with you? Those two kids are gonna end up either being gangbangers, alcoholics, womanizers, w/e because momma was just a dirty ho.

I know I'm young, but why do courts rule in favor of the women if they were built by men? Women pull a lot of dirty $hit, and end up taking half or more of the dudes money. I've met a lot of older people who had this on them. Bank account wiped out. Guy has no idea, served with divorce papers, checks account, sry $$ gone.

Maybe it's because I'm a product of growing up in a divorced household, and seeing numerous divorces and the stories behind them that I am seriously frowning upon what marriage is in our society today. American society has basically taken a huge fat smelly dump on the concept of marriage throughout HISTORY, all of HISTORY, in like a few decades? WTF man?!

/end rant

datderblake is just really nice. (+1000) datderblake is just really nice. (+1000) datderblake is just really nice. (+1000) datderblake is just really nice. (+1000) datderblake is just really nice. (+1000) datderblake is just really nice. (+1000) datderblake is just really nice. (+1000) datderblake is just really nice. (+1000) datderblake is just really nice. (+1000) datderblake is just really nice. (+1000) datderblake is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think you should make a troll ******** account and troll the **** out of her and call her a piece of garbage for acting like that when she has two kids.

she needs to grow the **** up.

give me her link I'll do it because shes seriously about to ruin two lives.

TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TinaBee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    50% percent of first marriages, 67% of second and 74% of third marriages end in divorce

www.divorcerate.org

Marriage has no meaning to most people anymore.

Evolutionary cul-de-sac MrFrumble's Avatar
    MrFrumble is a name known to all. (+5000) MrFrumble is a name known to all. (+5000) MrFrumble is a name known to all. (+5000) MrFrumble is a name known to all. (+5000) MrFrumble is a name known to all. (+5000) MrFrumble is a name known to all. (+5000) MrFrumble is a name known to all. (+5000) MrFrumble is a name known to all. (+5000) MrFrumble is a name known to all. (+5000) MrFrumble is a name known to all. (+5000) MrFrumble is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TinaBee View Post
    50% percent of first marriages, 67% of second and 74% of third marriages end in divorce

www.divorcerate.org

Yeah, and it'll be women who instigate divorce proceedings for the most part these days I'll bet, for no reason at all other than they are bored, want new cawk, etc.

infidel4life has a spectacular aura about. (+250) infidel4life has a spectacular aura about. (+250) infidel4life has a spectacular aura about. (+250) infidel4life has a spectacular aura about. (+250) infidel4life has a spectacular aura about. (+250) infidel4life has a spectacular aura about. (+250) infidel4life has a spectacular aura about. (+250) infidel4life has a spectacular aura about. (+250) infidel4life has a spectacular aura about. (+250) infidel4life has a spectacular aura about. (+250) infidel4life has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by nail clipper View Post
    I know I'm young, but why do courts rule in favor of the women if they were built by men? Women pull a lot of dirty $hit, and end up taking half or more of the dudes money. I've met a lot of older people who had this on them. Bank account wiped out. Guy has no idea, served with divorce papers, checks account, sry $$ gone.
    Because it would be sexist to rule in favor of men. Get with the times OP.

mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ever since women were allowed out of the kitchen they have started realizing the power they have over guys and that they can get all kinds of cawk, presents, jobs, etc just because they have boobs. And all the laws in their favor empower them even more. It's hard for them not to be tempted.

cliffs: women need to get back in the kicthen

srsly though, all the divorces these days are pretty depressing IMO. i feel bad for all the kids growing up with dumb hoes like OP was talking about

hangman_27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hangman_27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hangman_27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hangman_27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hangman_27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hangman_27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hangman_27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hangman_27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hangman_27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hangman_27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hangman_27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I don't understand marriage. I just don't think there is one person in the world I want to spend 60 years with. I couldn't stand my parents at age 18 anymore. Roommates are usually great for about a year then they start to piss you off.

nail clipper is just really nice. (+1000) nail clipper is just really nice. (+1000) nail clipper is just really nice. (+1000) nail clipper is just really nice. (+1000) nail clipper is just really nice. (+1000) nail clipper is just really nice. (+1000) nail clipper is just really nice. (+1000) nail clipper is just really nice. (+1000) nail clipper is just really nice. (+1000) nail clipper is just really nice. (+1000) nail clipper is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by datderblake View Post
    I think you should make a troll ******** account and troll the **** out of her and call her a piece of garbage for acting like that when she has two kids.

it'd be lols but i dont need to be a douchebag about it. i'm sure she knows she's just acting terrible but w/ no self respect for yourself, what can she do?

Originally Posted by infidel4life View Post
    Because it would be sexist to rule in favor of men. Get with the times OP.
    Yeah but that's the dumbest crap. Sexism? Wtf is this? Can people even use that as a plea bargain anymore? women can make just as much as men now

Originally Posted by hangman_27 View Post
    I don't understand marriage. I just don't think there is one person in the world I want to spend 60 years with. I couldn't stand my parents at age 18 anymore. Roommates are usually great for about a year then they start to piss you off.
    I feel the same way. It's sad. After a while it would just get incredibly mundane. No sex, no spark. Just talking about your day over and over again.

FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Short answer? Yea, its pretty much boned.

Sign a prenup, don't get married before you are 30. Wear latex if you gonna have sex.

I don't have any faith in it lol
    MAGA --- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Tamorlane: No one really cares except for people like you. Wow he wore a blackface, guess what back in the day many people did that. It was a different time period. Not full of PC little betas like you that cry foul over every little thing.

SillieBazzillie: Under Obama we always strove to be the best at everything. Trump really has ruined everything.

CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't believe in marriage anyway, ridiculous concept if you ask me.
    ***TEAM REDRAIDER86***
    ***MY WELL WISHES TO ALL BATTLING ILLNESS OR ADDICTION***

DocHol1day has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DocHol1day has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DocHol1day has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DocHol1day has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DocHol1day has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DocHol1day has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DocHol1day has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DocHol1day has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DocHol1day has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DocHol1day has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DocHol1day has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Brahs, I know some of you think I'm jaded but listen to me here. Get a vasectomy and never marry. You'll be better off in the long run

jimi g is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimi g is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimi g is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimi g is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimi g is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimi g is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimi g is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimi g is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimi g is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimi g is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimi g is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DocHol1day View Post
    Brahs, I know some of you think I'm jaded but listen to me here. Get a vasectomy and never marry. You'll be better off in the long run
    Yeah you're probably right... Its already too late for me but seriously considering getting the vasectomy to make sure this can't happen X2!

judowrestler1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) judowrestler1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) judowrestler1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) judowrestler1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) judowrestler1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) judowrestler1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) judowrestler1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) judowrestler1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) judowrestler1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) judowrestler1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) judowrestler1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by datderblake View Post

pm me a link to her ******** ill do it to

md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000)
    Marriage post-ww2 is pointless. As a man, you stand to gain nothing and lose everything. A result of heavy industrialization is that both women and men are now redundant for anything other than sex (and when they are useful, they're easily interchangeable with the exception of the top 1%).

Would you buy a car that had above a 50% chance of exploding the next time you got in it?

And what is your reason for getting married? I'll answer for you: regular access to sex. Guess what: you're not gonna get it. Why? Because women can get away with not putting out anymore. Through all of human history, up until the last 100 years or so, that was not the case.

So much I could point you to, but a quick read should get you thinking: http://dontmarry.wordpress.com/ (1 article here)

EDIT: feeling generous. This is a bit more advanced, but read these 2 entries as well (goes for everyone) :

http://dissention.wordpress.com/2010...-bad-faith-02/

http://dissention.wordpress.com/2010...-bad-faith-03/

xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't get it... everyone makes marraige cracks about no more sex, but don't women wanna bang one out as much as we do? Confuses me..

md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by xvicknumber7x View Post
    I don't get it... everyone makes marraige cracks about no more sex, but don't women wanna bang one out as much as we do? Confuses me..
    No, they don't. Difference in test levels.

CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by xvicknumber7x View Post
    Women are horniest when they are most fertile, its more kids than marriage that stops the flow of dat puss, when they have a couple horniness levels go down because her body is aware.

/broscience
    ***TEAM REDRAIDER86***
    ***MY WELL WISHES TO ALL BATTLING ILLNESS OR ADDICTION***

NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Inasmuch as the bolded makes me sad (very sad, actually), I know you're right. You're right about getting vasectomies as well, but this part doesn't make me sad. Gosh, I don't understand why more men don't unleash this power.
    Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out. Anton Chekhov

"10% of life, is what happens to you--90% is how you respond to it."

"I know that I know nothing"--Socrates

NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by md3sign View Post
    No, they don't. Difference in test levels.
    Yep. Agreed.
    Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out. Anton Chekhov

Originally Posted by MrFrumble View Post
    Yeah, and it'll be women who instigate divorce proceedings for the most part these days I'll bet, for no reason at all other than they are bored, want attention from a new man, etc.
    I agree here as well. Only I fixed the last part for you.

KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yeah. sorry brah

aosch will become famous soon enough. (+50) aosch will become famous soon enough. (+50) aosch will become famous soon enough. (+50) aosch will become famous soon enough. (+50) aosch will become famous soon enough. (+50) aosch will become famous soon enough. (+50) aosch will become famous soon enough. (+50) aosch will become famous soon enough. (+50) aosch will become famous soon enough. (+50) aosch will become famous soon enough. (+50) aosch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Theres very little point to marraige anymore besides tradition. In most cases the tradition isn't handled very well by these generations and it ends up in divorce. Hell common law status = marraige status in a legal sense in some places (here in Alberta it only takes 6 months living together).

Marraige doesn't change anything, it costs money, it merely fills an emotional desire.

Marraige differs greatly from long term relationships btw. I've been w/ the same girl for 5 years and plan to be with her longer, but I will never marry her, theres no point to it.

mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Although I have been married to my husband for almost 30 years, and look forward to making 30 more years....I don't advocate marriage for one reason....the younger generations do not seem to have the focus or the desire to overcome those obsticles a long and successful marriage takes. Younger folks go into marriage with the "out" covered....so yes marriage serves no purpose for anyone with that mind set. I will not even go to the biased legal system because IMO that is not the point, although extremely biased against and unfair to men, the point is marriage is supposed to be a life long committment, some where in the "me" generations and the "instant gratitiude" mind set, working for a better future together became too tedious a task for most. So yes the meaning of dedicating your life to someone and finding peace and joy from them is hardly ever accomplished before someone gets fed up and jets......

Marriage has become out dated.....sigh

Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Marriage is a mistake, by and large -- one I hope to avoid. Not that I'd scoff at a long term relationship that was successful and actually lasted 2+ decades, but marriage is a pointless legal entanglement that in and of itself brings up all kinds of issues regarding money, the cited #1 reason for divorce.
    gympunk - "Thank God my wife hasn't ever been bothered by cum shooting around."

DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DoubtErased is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mydawgs View Post
    .I don't advocate marriage for one reason....the younger generations do not seem to have the focus or the desire to overcome those obsticles a long and successful marriage takes.
    *claps*

Well said

xCivicx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCivicx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCivicx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCivicx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCivicx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCivicx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCivicx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCivicx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCivicx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCivicx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xCivicx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The American justice system has completely gutted the institution of marriage. Men stand to gain almost nothing from it(tax breaks lawl) and women stand to gain a **** ton from it ending.

There's this super long eye-opening article somewhere in my bookmarks. When I find it, I'll post it; it pretty much details the pitfalls of modern marriage in their entirety.

pacman08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pacman08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pacman08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pacman08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pacman08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pacman08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pacman08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pacman08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pacman08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pacman08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pacman08 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    interesting quote i read from one of md3sign's articles

"Things are however changing very quickly and most men born after 1970 have a far more cynical view of women, but the older generations are still running things"
    http://dissention.wordpress.com/2010...-bad-faith-03/

as of now, obviously the institution of marriage is pretty much bs and in heavy favor of the female.

however, from the quote, maybe there is a chance to salvage the idea of marriage when younger generations are put in charge through law changes, etc.

thoughts?

hqa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hqa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hqa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hqa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hqa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hqa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hqa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hqa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hqa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hqa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hqa has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by TinaBee View Post

www.divorcerate.org

Or maybe it has something to do with the fact that marriage is incentivized. A lot of people get married for the benefits, or because they settle and not because they're in love.

http://marriagecalculator.acf.hhs.gov/marriage/
    They say a wise man knows nothing, so I know a lot less
    But I been where you at homie, put to the test
    The answer lies deep within, so open your chest
    And find God within yourself and he'll show you the rest

mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mydawgs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by hqa View Post
    Or maybe it has something to do with the fact that marriage is incentivized. A lot of people get married for the benefits, or because they settle and not because they're in love.

http://marriagecalculator.acf.hhs.gov/marriage/
    I think this is a good point...cuz to make it through YOUR COMMITMENT, once you say I Do, you have really got to LOVE this person...not the "oohhh he's so hot" love, or the "my wedding is going to be the biggest and most expensive" love, or the "I'll never have to work again" love, or the "my laundry and meals are taken care of" love...

That raw emotion that keeps your spouse safe when you and he/she are at your darkest moments and you think you might just kill one another, or that emotion that makes you know when your heart is breaking and your nerves are coming undone, that one tough from this person renues your strength, or that pride at seeing your spouse at their best, and the overwhelming sadness you feel when your spouse stumbles and falls, and that defensive fire should someone try to hurt your other half, or that joy as you hold your first child together then 20 years later watch them graduate college.....

If you marry it has to have this glue to make it work...if not it won't, and you have to shun all others and keep your eyes on the prize, that being a stong and mutually satisfying union that makes your life better...because in the end it is you and them, or it isn't

Those that marry should honor your spouse and your promise to each other....if you cannot do this don't get married, it's not about who gets what or who has the leverage because if you do it right you should never get there...JMO
    Last edited by mydawgs; 09-24-2010 at 01:45 PM.

no kids?

Originally Posted by mydawgs View Post
    Although I have been married to my husband for almost 30 years, and look forward to making 30 more years....I don't advocate marriage for one reason....the younger generations do not seem to have the focus or the desire to overcome those obsticles a long and successful marriage takes. Younger folks go into marriage with the "out" covered....so yes marriage serves no purpose for anyone with that mind set. I will not even go to the biased legal system because IMO that is not the point, although extremely biased against and unfair to men, the point is marriage is supposed to be a life long committment, some where in the "me" generations and the "instant gratitiude" mind set, working for a better future together became too tedious a task for most. So yes the meaning of dedicating your life to someone and finding peace and joy from them is hardly ever accomplished before someone gets fed up and jets......

Marriage has become out dated.....sigh
    Wow, great post. This post gives me mixed feelings. Since I was a kid and the different relationships I had with women, I knew there was no way I would get married to one girl for my lifetime. It's just not happening, and if I go into that with that mindset, then yep its destined for failure.

To the guys in long term relationships who don't want to get married, what do you do when your girl presses the issue on you? Avoid it, or just say you don't want to. Doesn't that put doubt in her mind that the relationship might not last forever?