Closed Thread

Thread: Heel pain?

MrsWifey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Heel pain?

Hello!

I'm just starting out in my fitness journey. I'm a fairly large gal, and one thing that I've noticed since I started doing cardio. My left heel, at each side and directly on the bottom, have horrible shooting pains. I know it's NOT a heel spur (I've had the x-ray to verify). I noticed today that the pain also started extending up the back of my leg and while walking around the office the back side of my knee area was aching. Is this caused by lack of stretching or is it something more that I would need to get checked out? I'm fine when I'm doing the cardio, in my trainers. When I put on regular shoes for work or leisure it starts to become prominent. Help! I've attached a little diagram to show the areas.

Thanks!!!!!
    Attached Images
    You can't change the past but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future.

8/29/11 - 267.6lbs

braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Likely some overuse...

Maybe some plantar fasciitis (heel portion) and tibialis posterior tendonitis (the medial side) and peroneus brevis/longus tendonitis (lateral side).

For tendonitis see:
    http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2009/08/on-tendonitis/

For the possible plantar fasciitis see the stuff in section 4 here:
    http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2009/1...-dysfunctions/

Basically, since you're a big girl you're going to have to be careful of overuse injuries because you have more weight on your feet than normal when exercising. It's much easier to get them for you.

Take breaks when you need to.

Remember, losing weight is primarily nutrition anyway. Stay away from ALL processed foods and junk food.