Page 1 of 114 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    in haiti, cut is paused Insight's Avatar
    Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000)

*** THE 500 CAL DEFICIT/DAY CUT TO BE SHREDDED BY SUMMER CREW bishes ***

*** THE 500 CAL DEFICIT/DAY CUT TO BE SHREDDED BY SUMMER CREW ***

edit: are you coming into this late? is it no longer the end of january as you are reading this? who gives a f*ck? read on -- the diet in this thread is so stupidly easy that you might as well still do it anyway.

OK, so it has come to my attention that a lot of miscers don't even lift. If this is true, then I bet many of you don't have a six pack, or never have in your entire life. So let's get something started. In this thread I will lay out a retardedly easy diet that any stupid f*ck with absolutely zero discipline or willpower could follow, and we'll STILL get shredded for summer.

There are 21 weeks left between today (Jan 25th) and the first day of summer (June 21st). That means on a modest 500 cal/day deficit, you can lose 1lb a week or 21 lbs in that time frame. Let's say you're 20% bodyfat and 180 lbs. If you lose 20 lbs, you'll be exactly 10% at 160. However, we want to account for a few mistakes. Let's say you only lose 18 lbs in those 21 weeks -- so 1 lb a week for 18 weeks and allowing 3 weeks to screw up. Then you'll only be like 11.6% body fat.

Even though 11.6% isn't the mythical 10% that everyone talks about, IT IS VERY VERY LEAN. Here's an example of a guy who's CERTIFIED at 11.8% and looks great: http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/ph.../s/Mr13percent

CLIFFS: start today, get shredded by summer (works for girls too!)

So for the benefit of the Misc, this is the simplest, stupidest, easiest diet humanly possible to get it done. So join in -- you don't have to put any sh*t in your sig, just do it every day -- and we'll all get laid this summer.

CLIFFS: I'm the laziest f*ck in the country and even I can do this every day. you will punch numbers into a computer and it will tell you when to stop eating.

THE STEPS:

1) Find your maintenance cal level (here is a good calculator, use the lean mass formula)
    2) Eat 500 calories less than that every day to lose 1lb of fat a week
    3) Sign up for nutritiondata.com or some similar tracker and start putting in what you eat every day and watch the numbers (THIS IS THE ONLY REAL WORK YOU HAVE TO DO AT ALL, IF THIS IS TOO HARD YOU DESERVE TO BE FAT)
    4) Make sure you get 1g/lb LEAN body mass of protein a day. Not per lb of total body weight, but LEAN bodyweight only. Check the FAQ for instructions on how to calculate this.
    5) Lift weights 2-5 times a week depending on your routine. Do some cardio if you want to.
    6) Get enough micronutrients and EFAs and eat at least healthy enough to make sure you can perform well in the gym and don't become a diabetic in the process
    That's it.

Yes, you can even log junk food as well.

Don't think it'll work? Do you think that cutting cals and getting enough protein really isn't all there is to it, but that you have to also do a bunch of sh*t or else you'll lose muscle too? Try it and see. Many people on this site have not lost 20, but 200 lbs using this same exact method. I personally have lost 17 lbs on this so far and my strength keeps going up.

But if you want an example of a guy who got completely and absurdly shredded using this method, go check out wave_length here. Check his log HERE and notice some of the ridiculous **** he eats. Although I'm only like 16-17% now, my log can also be found in my sig -- you can see I've eaten like total sh*t some days and the weight keeps going down, and strength keeps going up.

Also post progress or before pics if you want but if you are uncomfortable it isn't necessary.

HOWEVER, TAKE "BEFORE" PICS OF YOU NOW, EVEN IF YOU DON'T POST THEM. You will thank me when you are shredded at 10%. Seriously.
    IF YOU POST A PIC, MAKE IT SMALL ENOUGH TO FIT IN THE THREAD WITHOUT MAKING IT SCROLL, OR YOU WILL BE NEGGED AND POSSIBLY SHOT IRL.

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION? CHECK THE FAQ: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...1&postcount=13
    WANT A MORE COMPLETE GUIDE? My beginner's guide to dieting: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?p=439205611
    USEFUL TIPS AND TRICKS FOR STREAMLINING THIS PROCESS: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...51&postcount=4
    CHECK THE FAQ AND THE BEGINNER'S GUIDE BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION. WE KEEP GETTING THE SAME QUESTIONS AGAIN AND AGAIN. CHANCES ARE YOUR QUESTION IS IN THERE.

ALSO IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION, PLEASE DON'T PM ME, BUT POST IT IN THIS THREAD, SO EVERYONE CAN SEE THE ANSWER.
    CLIFFS:
    Go up to the steps, do them, and you will be 10% by summer. It will be the easiest and probably most effective diet you ever do.

NOW GET LAID BISHES

^^^wave_length is hereby drafted as the godfather of the get shredded by summer crew
    Last edited by Insight; 01-26-2010 at 01:37 AM.

koreanizm will become famous soon enough. (+50) koreanizm will become famous soon enough. (+50) koreanizm will become famous soon enough. (+50) koreanizm will become famous soon enough. (+50) koreanizm will become famous soon enough. (+50) koreanizm will become famous soon enough. (+50) koreanizm will become famous soon enough. (+50) koreanizm will become famous soon enough. (+50) koreanizm will become famous soon enough. (+50) koreanizm will become famous soon enough. (+50) koreanizm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Im in
    ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ FLORIDA GATORS CREW ⁂ ⁂ ⁂

krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    subbed

Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nah, I'm good bulking for now, brah.

It'll take me roughly 12 weeks to get into shape for summer.

But I'm in supporting you brahs though.

Saedeas is just really nice. (+1000) Saedeas is just really nice. (+1000) Saedeas is just really nice. (+1000) Saedeas is just really nice. (+1000) Saedeas is just really nice. (+1000) Saedeas is just really nice. (+1000) Saedeas is just really nice. (+1000) Saedeas is just really nice. (+1000) Saedeas is just really nice. (+1000) Saedeas is just really nice. (+1000) Saedeas is just really nice. (+1000)
    In, I'm already registered for the site.

2100 calories a day here I come.

Will start tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by Saedeas; 01-25-2010 at 02:59 AM.

Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks for joining fellas, will rep on recharge

Added another little edit about before/after/progress pics.

Nobody in here has to post before pics if they're uncomfortable or whatever. BUT TAKE THEM ANYWAY EVEN IF YOU DON'T POST THEM. The biggest regret that I have is not getting a pic of myself right before cutting when I was at 186.

For the record my avi was me at 176 (7 lbs ago) and I was somewhere like 18-20% there, so I think that now at 169 I'm like 16-18%. I look a bit leaner now but not substantially leaner yet.

bamava has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bamava has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bamava has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bamava has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bamava has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bamava has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bamava has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bamava has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bamava has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bamava has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bamava has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    im in...

its summer atm here, but i figure i do it now and in winter to get it done by next summer
    lel.

broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    in this mother ****er but do i have to eat 200 grams of protein a day can i have like 40g?
    Last edited by broceadin; 01-25-2010 at 03:27 AM.
    yo bros its broceadin of the brocean up in this thread.

ronniec02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ronniec02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ronniec02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ronniec02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ronniec02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ronniec02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ronniec02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ronniec02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ronniec02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ronniec02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ronniec02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    im in and subbed

aCb123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aCb123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aCb123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aCb123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aCb123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aCb123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aCb123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aCb123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aCb123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aCb123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aCb123 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    im in but going to bulk for about another month or so. also first day of summer is june 21st not july.

dave87 is just really nice. (+1000) dave87 is just really nice. (+1000) dave87 is just really nice. (+1000) dave87 is just really nice. (+1000) dave87 is just really nice. (+1000) dave87 is just really nice. (+1000) dave87 is just really nice. (+1000) dave87 is just really nice. (+1000) dave87 is just really nice. (+1000) dave87 is just really nice. (+1000) dave87 is just really nice. (+1000)
    in. will decide if really in later...

i've cut in the past with relative success, but being at the gym and my workouts themselves are really the highlight of my day. have you found that the losses lift-wise during a cut are worth being cut? even for a manlet that identifies with gaining weight and being wide? (i weight about 180)
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▐●▌Good Musical Taste Crew▐●▌
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

i've discovered the secret to a good workout: don't be a p*ssy.

Vegetables are what food eats.
    1K+
    Canuck Brah since 87.

FAQ:
    How do I find my maintenance?
    Go HERE. Type in your stats. Use the Lean Body Mass formula and put in a reasonable estimate of your BF. Post pics here if you're not sure.

Then try that out for a few weeks and see if the scale drops about 1lb a week. Weigh yourself the same time every day or every week if you want and note the rate of weight loss. And if it doesn't drop, you know you're eating exactly your maintenance, so cut it 500 more. Adjust until you lose about a lb a week.

When I use the calculator and I put in that I exercise 3 days a week, do I then count the individual bouts of exercise AGAIN as negative calories?

No. The calculator factors that in. Try whatever number it spits out and see if you lose 1lb/week on it. Give it 2-3 weeks before making adjustments. If you lost 1lb/week, great. If you lose a bit more you can raise cals a bit (and you should if you see strength start falling). If you lose less, cut cals further.

How do I calculate my lean body mass?
    To get your lean body mass (LBM), use the following formula: LBM = total weight * (1 - bf/100), where bf is your current bodyfat % from 0-100.

So if you're 20% body fat and weigh 180, then do this:

LBM = 180 * (1 - 20/100) = 144, so you get 144g of protein a day.

Can I run a keto diet/palumbo's diet/south beach diet/etc diet for this?
    You can, yes. I don't know the specifics of any of those "structured" diets except the keto diet (CKD).

Keto diets are not "better" and do not inherently burn more fat than non-keto diets, and you'll still have to be 500 cals under maintenance anyway. Many prefer them because they make you feel more satiated and because they give you better energy levels. The sacrifice is you have to give up carbs. If this doesn't sound like a good sacrifice to you (it doesn't to me), then DON'T DO THE KETO DIET. Try something simpler, like the diet in the original post in this thread.

What are some good iPhone apps for counting cals?
    FatSecret is a good iPhone (and supposedly android) app for counting, and it also apparently has a barcode scanner to really make this brainless. If I had an iPhone or an iPod touch, I'd be using this. Also, "Lose It" is supposedly a good one too.

Can girls do this?
    Absolutely. The laws of thermodynamics apply to women as well. In fact, most men would strongly prefer that they do

It's so f*cking easy, why the hell not?

Will I need a kitchen scale?
    You don't absolutely need it, but it makes this all so much incredibly easier that I would recommend it to everyone.

Do I have to count whey protein/snacks I eat/food on the weekends?
    Yes. The only food I eat that I don't count are green leafy vegetables like carrots and celery, because they're so ridiculously low cal that I don't bother. Works for me fine. Make sure the vegetable in question really is low cal before doing this.

Do I have to only eat stuff with nutrition labels on it? / I'm in college and my school has a dining hall and I don't have nutrition facts, what do I do?
    First off, many college dining halls DO have nutrition facts for legal reasons. You should ask first. Chartwells' franchises specifically DO have nutrition facts.
    Second off, assuming they don't, no problem. nutritiondata.com has nearly every food on the earth plugged into it. All you have to do is say how much of whatever food you ate. Worst case scenario log it as a commercial equivalent (if you eat campus lentil soup, log it as campbell's lentil soup or whatever).

So we've reduced the problem to "how can I tell how much food I'm eating in oz/cups/tbsp/whatever?"

There are 2 ways of doing this I have found:

1) Estimate. A cup is about the size of your clenched fist, a teaspoon is like your thumb tip, a tablespoon is like your thumb. For meat, 3oz is like the size of your palm.
    2) Bring a digital scale and weigh it out. This is kind of weird in a social setting, but you will only ever have to do it once or twice. Once you've weighed out your campus chicken breasts and have found that they're all about 4 oz... then stop weighing and just assume they are 4 oz each time. This isn't supposed to be an exact science -- the entire thing is a process of estimating.

For stuff like soup, try bringing in a water bottle with exactly 1 cup of water in it, and pour it in the bowl and see where it comes up to. Then just fill the soup up to that every time, and you'll know you're eating 1 cup of soup. Use 2 cups if that's easier. Same with glasses.

I'm hungry as fuk and what is this
    The name of the game is picking foods that are as satiating as possible for the same amount of calories. This means you need to get fiber and fat into your diet. Instead of drinking grapefruit juice, eat a grapefruit. Instead of drinking orange juice, eat an orange. Etc. Liquid cals are some of the least filling cals there are -- although if you do drink some OJ, just log it and you'll be fine.

Set up a meal structure that's good for you. Some are less hungry on 6 small meals a day, some are more hungry. I find the best thing for me is a huge breakfast and a smaller lunch/dinner. YMMV.

A good resource for the most satiating foods for equicaloric portions is the satiety index (SI), found here

If you are doing this and you have a day in which you have estimated more than usual and you're freakishly hungry (more than usual) by the end of the day -- you shouldn't be hungry. Assume you have overestimated and just eat 100-200 more cals.

How does the math work? <-- IMPORTANT
    There are 3500 cals in 1 lb of fat. So by eating 500 under your maintenance a day, your body will burn 500 cals of fat and thus 3500 for the week.

This means that if you go and eat a ridiculous binge one day, you'd need to eat a full 3500 lbs over your maintenance (like 6000 cals with a 2500 cal maintenance) to add a single lb of fat.

therefore: calories accumulate over time. single binges do almost nothing to your weight. that being said, you don't want to gain a lb in a day if you're losing 1 lb a week :P

I'm going to this restaurant/party/bar/whatever for this once-a-year holiday/event/festival/whatever, how am I going to keep my diet?
    You won't. You're going to have the time of your life. Go look at the "How does the math work?" question for more insight into why single days cheating are negligible. If you're going away for a long time (a week), feel free to try to count but it might be better to go without the counter as

a) a way of having fun and
    b) a challenge to see if you can make sound nutritional choices without the computer and
    c) a reacclimation into life without counting, which is where we'll end up at some point anyway.

Can I have a cheat day?
    Yes. Set it up how you want. If you want to cut cals a bit more during the week to have a higher cal or refeed day on Sunday, do that. I prefer to not cheat because every sh*tty food I want to eat, I just eat it and log it in my diet. Then when someone in my family wants to go out to a restaurant or something (usually once every 2 weeks or so), I just do it guilt free and don't count that day. Make sure you don't go really nuts though and eat like 10000 cals. You might want to either log your cheat days to make sure they don't go too high, or log only the first half of the day and keep it light and then eat what you want at the restaurant, or don't log at all but keep it reasonable (aka 1000-1500 cals over maintenance or so). Or do a cheat day every 2 weeks but make it bigger if that's what you want. Just make sure in the end, you're losing about 1lb a week.

My weight is dropping, but I don't look that different in the mirror/pants size isn't changing/girls aren't sucking my d yet
    You will not notice significant changes in your appearance until your bodyfat starts to get lower. From 22-17% (where I am now) I saw a bit of a change and my pants size didn't change much. However, the next 13 lbs will be much more noticeable.

Put another way: there's not too much of a difference between 21-17%, but a BIG difference between 10% and 6%. Also, 5 lbs might only drop you from 20% to 19%, but from 10% to 7%.

My weight went up 2 lbs from yesterday! Did I gain 2 lbs of fat overnight?! --or-- My weight went down 2 lbs from yesterday! Did I lose 2 lbs of muscle overnight!?
    No. It's water weight. You will notice that spikes happen the most the day after a day in which you have had a lot of sodium or after a cheat day. Sometimes too your weight will stay the same for 2 weeks and then drop 2 lbs overnight instead of 1lb every week. One time I saw 3 weeks of no change and then a 3lb drop in 2 days, but it's usually the exception rather than the rule.

I have more/less to lose than 20 lbs!
    If you have less to lose, then either you'll hit 10% before summer, or you'll be able to do an even smaller deficit, or you can start later. If you have more to lose, then you can try going under 500 cals/day, although this won't be so easy a caveman could do it if you drop too low.

In general my advice is try the 500 cal/day deficit first. If you think you can handle a higher deficit go for it - make sure you're getting enough protein. Also note you might have to drop the deficit a bit as you get leaner to spare muscle.

But you might find the 500 cal deficit so easy and painless that you'd rather just cut till july instead of june and not have to deal with less cals every day. It really is easy as fuk.

What kind of/how much cardio should I do?
    Anything you want. I only do it sometimes. I lose 1lb/week lifting 3x a week. Then on weeks I want to lose more, I do cardio 2x a week - 20 or 30 minutes of moderate-intensity elliptical with some high-intensity intervals thrown in, burning about 250-350 cals each time.

Some people do better by eating more and doing more cardio to cancel it out, some people do better by eating less and doing less. Find what's easiest for you. Also make sure you note how many cals you burn with each cardio session, or look it up online.

What do I have to do to eat "healthy"?
    For starters get some EFA's (fish oil). Beyond that this discussion could take years. Go to the nutrition section for more info about micronutrition.

what supps should I take/omg fat burners
    I have never run the E/C/A stack, but that's a common one. BUT THE TRUTH IS THAT YOU DON'T NEED THAT SH*T TO LOSE WEIGHT.

I recommend that nobody even f*ck with that and just do the plan. If you really want to go ahead. But this sh*t is so easy and effective that you don't need to. I'd rather see 50 people just doing this simple ass cut than 50 people feeling compelled to f*ck with bronkaid and other stuff just because it's cool and they think they need to.

Besides, if you don't try it without E/C/A, then you won't get the full mind=blown effect of how easy this sh*t is and how retarded the fitness industry is

That's really all there is to it?
    Yes.

Can I eat junk food?
    Yes.

Really?
    Yes.

I have another question...
    Check my beginner's guide to dieting written here.
    Last edited by Insight; 01-26-2010 at 01:39 AM.

vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I start cutting FEB 1st for spring break!!!

broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Fire8085 View Post
    pic is too clear..blur it up a little bit please.
    webcam quatily sorry but at least it shows the fat

Cheekz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cheekz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cheekz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cheekz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cheekz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cheekz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cheekz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cheekz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cheekz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cheekz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cheekz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    probably wont start cutting yet but in anyway

Duffmcwhalen will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duffmcwhalen will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duffmcwhalen will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duffmcwhalen will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duffmcwhalen will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duffmcwhalen will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duffmcwhalen will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duffmcwhalen will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duffmcwhalen will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duffmcwhalen will become famous soon enough. (+50) Duffmcwhalen will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Im in brah. Starting Keto diet.
    <**>Yellow Fever Crew: Once you go Asian...HNNNNGHH<**>

Fine asians/JB thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137644953

hamhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) hamhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) hamhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) hamhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) hamhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) hamhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) hamhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) hamhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) hamhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) hamhead will become famous soon enough. (+50) hamhead will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what if i want to GAIN weight but LOSE FAT??? im 5'11" and weigh 153lbs. i have about 18% BF. I wanna gain weight to like 175lbs and lose some BF and gain muscle. will doing this plan you posted just help me lose fat or both fat/muscle?

BlakRandy is just really nice. (+1000) BlakRandy is just really nice. (+1000) BlakRandy is just really nice. (+1000) BlakRandy is just really nice. (+1000) BlakRandy is just really nice. (+1000) BlakRandy is just really nice. (+1000) BlakRandy is just really nice. (+1000) BlakRandy is just really nice. (+1000) BlakRandy is just really nice. (+1000) BlakRandy is just really nice. (+1000) BlakRandy is just really nice. (+1000)
    In for this soldiers. I actually started a 500 calorie deficit last Monday so already a week in and feeling good. I'm logging pics in the same position every day to monitor progress.

Mansion_baller is just really nice. (+1000) Mansion_baller is just really nice. (+1000) Mansion_baller is just really nice. (+1000) Mansion_baller is just really nice. (+1000) Mansion_baller is just really nice. (+1000) Mansion_baller is just really nice. (+1000) Mansion_baller is just really nice. (+1000) Mansion_baller is just really nice. (+1000) Mansion_baller is just really nice. (+1000) Mansion_baller is just really nice. (+1000) Mansion_baller is just really nice. (+1000)
    In, already been cutting for 4 days. Good luck brahs, we can do this ****!!! First you get the protein, then you get the abs, then you get the pussy brahs. (but first get the protein)

Here are the current pics, will post updates weekly/biweekly:

Last edited by Mansion_baller; 01-25-2010 at 03:24 AM.

tylerpflanz is just really nice. (+1000) tylerpflanz is just really nice. (+1000) tylerpflanz is just really nice. (+1000) tylerpflanz is just really nice. (+1000) tylerpflanz is just really nice. (+1000) tylerpflanz is just really nice. (+1000) tylerpflanz is just really nice. (+1000) tylerpflanz is just really nice. (+1000) tylerpflanz is just really nice. (+1000) tylerpflanz is just really nice. (+1000) tylerpflanz is just really nice. (+1000)
    i'd be in but i'd die without my fast food twice a day brah. i got tastebuds and cant cook lol. if you wanna lay out easy/delicious low cal meals that can be cooked in less than 10 min im game. otherwise ill continue my KFC diet

Originally Posted by hamhead View Post
    what if i want to GAIN weight but LOSE FAT??? im 5'11" and weigh 153lbs. i have about 18% BF. I wanna gain weight to like 175lbs and lose some BF and gain muscle. will doing this plan you posted just help me lose fat or both fat/muscle?
    Lose fat. At first you will likely put on some muscle as well. You are what they call "skinny fat" -- skinny and fat at the same time. If you want to recomp then there are approaches for that but they're way more complicated and actually require effort.

Being 175 lbs shredded though is going to take a long time to do -- start small. Maybe get from 18% to 10% first (you'll hit this before summer) and then bulk. Or you could bulk first and then cut. Do whichever you want, because the more fun you are having the better the results will be.

so is any one going to answear me how many grams of protein should i do? and is this a good workout schedule
    Monday - Chest/Shoulders

* Decline Bench Press - 4 sets of 8-12
    * Incline Bench Press - 4 sets of 8-12
    * Barbell Bench Press - 4 sets of 8-12
    * Seated Flys - 4 sets of 8-12

Tuesday - Legs/Calves/Quads

* Leg Extensions - 6 sets of 8-12
    * Squats - 6 sets of 8-12
    * Calf Press - 6 sets of 20
    * Leg Curls - 6 sets of 8-12

Click here for a printable workout.

Wednesday - Back/Traps/Lats

* Lat Pulldowns - 3 sets of 8-12
    * Military Press - 3 sets of 8-12
    * Dumbbell Rows - 3 sets of 8-12
    * Straight Arm Pulldowns - 3 sets 8-12
    * Barbell Shrugs or Dumbbell Shrugs - 3 sets 20

Thursday - Arms/Bicep/Triceps

* Hammer Curls - 3 sets of 8-10
    * Preacher Curls - 3 sets of 8-10
    * Machine Preacher Curls - 3 sets of 8-10
    * Tricep Pressdown - 4 sets of 8-10
    * Overhead Rope Tricep Extension - 4 sets of 8-10

Friday - Abs/Legs/Obliques

* Cable Crunches - 4 sets of 20
    * Decline Crunches 4 sets of 50
    * Decline Crunches (with 90lbs) - 2 sets of 15
    * Dumbbell Side Bends - 4 sets of 40
    * Dumbbell Lunges - 4 sets of 20
    * Deadlifts - 3 sets of 5

Originally Posted by tylerpflanz View Post
    i'd be in but i'd die without my fast food twice a day brah. i got tastebuds and cant cook lol. if you wanna lay out easy/delicious low cal meals that can be cooked in less than 10 min im game. otherwise ill continue my KFC diet
    I just ate KFC the other day, logged it towards my macros, still ended up at 2000 for the day, hit 169 for the first time in years the next day.

Yes it even works with KFC.

It is literally that retardedly easy to lose weight. At the most you might have to get KFC grilled chicken instead so you have some cals left to eat later. Pick it how you want.

Look at my log - I ate 12 f*cking girl scout cookies yesterday. Still losing weight, strength still going up.

dchem is on a distinguished road. (+10) dchem is on a distinguished road. (+10) dchem is on a distinguished road. (+10) dchem is on a distinguished road. (+10) dchem is on a distinguished road. (+10) dchem is on a distinguished road. (+10) dchem is on a distinguished road. (+10) dchem is on a distinguished road. (+10) dchem is on a distinguished road. (+10) dchem is on a distinguished road. (+10) dchem is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    in,

starting to cut in 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by vipergq View Post
    I start cutting FEB 1st for spring break!!!
    good **** man, saw your thread in the fat loss forum, crazy results! This thread is actually the opposite of your approach -- yours was all about hard work and discipline (which you have to have a lot of to lose 16 lbs in a month), this is about making it as easy as possible and taking it slower.

Originally Posted by Duffmcwhalen View Post
    Im in brah. Starting Keto diet.
    Good sh*t. I appoint you head of shredded by summer crew knowledgeable keto brah.

Originally Posted by broceadin View Post
    so is any one going to answear me how many grams of protein should i do? and is this a good workout schedule
    It's 1 gram per lb of lean body mass a day. How much do you weigh, and what's your bf%?

As for the routine you posted -- Not my thing. Too much volume. You don't need to be doing that much - pick one type of curl, one type of bench (maybe incline and incline db if you want), etc. Don't worry about "hitting the muscle from all angles" for right now.

Also, recovery time might become an issue -- that looks like it would run me into the ground. You don't want to go to crazy super failure every day, but be able to recover.

Try all pro's simple beginner routine from the workout forum for a great one to get started. If you feel progress is too slow maybe try IA's simple power based routine (link in my sig).

tylerpflanz is just really nice. (+1000) tylerpflanz is just really nice. (+1000) tylerpflanz is just really nice. (+1000) tylerpflanz is just really nice. (+1000) tylerpflanz is just really nice. (+1000) tylerpflanz is just really nice. (+1000) tylerpflanz is just really nice. (+1000) tylerpflanz is just really nice. (+1000) tylerpflanz is just really nice. (+1000) tylerpflanz is just really nice. (+1000) tylerpflanz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Oh. well good luck brahs. I'll stick with my 15% and eating as much as I want lol.

tommyV_1988 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tommyV_1988 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tommyV_1988 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tommyV_1988 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tommyV_1988 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tommyV_1988 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tommyV_1988 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tommyV_1988 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tommyV_1988 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tommyV_1988 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tommyV_1988 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In.

But i'm starting my cut in 6 weeks weeks (mid/end of march ,undecided) for my summer vacation at the end of June.

Knee surgery in a couple months, will no doubt lose a bunch of muscle from that BAD times.
    Last edited by tommyV_1988; 01-25-2010 at 03:36 AM.
    Life is like a penis. Women make it hard.

☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆ ********** Warrior Crew**
    DL - 440/600
    Be - 235/400
    Sq - 290/400 :(

GTL will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTL will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTL will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTL will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTL will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTL will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTL will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTL will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTL will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTL will become famous soon enough. (+50) GTL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    full body workout, not a split
    3 days a week is good?

Originally Posted by Insight View Post

It's 1 gram per lb of lean body mass a day. How much do you weigh, and what's your bf%?

i am right now about 198 at about 20% body fat mabye

Gary_34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gary_34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gary_34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gary_34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gary_34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gary_34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gary_34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gary_34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gary_34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gary_34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gary_34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This program works ..... I went from 281 lbs to 214 in 5 months last year and have kept it off. My BF% went from 26% to 15%. I only did 400 cal deficit a day and cardio once a week maybe. I used Fitday.com and Headsupeating.com to track my foods until I pretty much could count on my own. This program really teaches you how to eat properly. Here a piece of good advice. Fiber, Fiber, Fiber track your Fiber and make sure you get enough, it will keep hunger pains away. Also take in your complex carbs at breakfast, it will give you energy throughout the day. If you eat food low in cals you will never be hungry, in fact some days you just can't eat enough...

You will learn real quick to stay away from calorie rich foods (Fast foods, frozen Pizza etc)
    I Always Rep Back!!!

Reps owed 2:

All paid in full

"When seconds count, the Police are only minutes away"