Page 111 of 114 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,330 of 3416
    GetBigyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetBigyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetBigyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetBigyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetBigyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetBigyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetBigyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetBigyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetBigyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetBigyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetBigyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by niospecv View Post
    Yes definitely keep cutting until you've reach maximum leanness. Then you have a solid base to work with to proceed with a quality lean bulk. It's slower but better.
    Yeah exactly what I was planning.

You were just confusing me with everything lol. Im hoping to get down to 180-185.
    ☆☆☆MISC BOXING CREW☆☆☆

IronTormentor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IronTormentor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IronTormentor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IronTormentor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IronTormentor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IronTormentor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IronTormentor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IronTormentor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IronTormentor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IronTormentor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IronTormentor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Pic is flexed and taken at the end of the day last weekend, like 2 a.m.

Any guesses as to what my BF% is here? 154 lbs.

High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) High4Lyf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Talking

in on this, im pretty late though lol.

can any of you brahs comment on my cutting plan?....

Hey guys! This is my first ever cutting diet plan. Please let me know what do you guys think about it.

Height: 6'0

Weight: 85.5 kgs (bf around 18%)

Maintenance Calories: 2500

Goal: 2000 Calories everyday till I lose around 15lbs

Meal 1 :

2 scoops Protein powder + 1/3 cups oats + 1cup 1% milk
    220 ( 2F + 4C + 48P) + 120 ( 2F + 20 C + 4 P) + 110 (2.5 F + 12 C + 9 P) = 450 Cal

Meal 2:

4 whole eggs + 2 whole wheat bread
    360 (28F+0C+24P) + 190 (2.5 F + 38 C + 8 P) = 550 Cal

Meal 2 :

Chicken Breast boneless/skinless
    220 (2F + 0C + 22P) = 220 Cal

Meal 3 :

2 scoops protein powder + Creatine + 1cup 1% milk (pre-workout) 220 (2F + 4C + 48P) + 110 (2.5 F + 12 C + 9 P) = 330 Cal

Meal 5: Post workout

1 scoop protein powder + creatine + 2 bananas + 1cup 1% milk
    110 (1F + 2C + 24 P) + 210 ( 0F + 54C + 2P ) + 110 (2.5 F + 12 C + 9 P) = 430 Cal

Total Calories : 1980 Calories

Total Fat: 47g (23 %)
    Total Carb: 158g (34 %)
    Total Protein: 207g (43%)

any comments/help is appreciated
    ''The fight is won or lost far away from the witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road; long before I dance under those lights.'' - Muhammad Ali

“Cus was a strong believer that in your mind you had to be the entity you wanted to be. If you wanted to be heavyweight champion of the world, you had to start living the life of a heavyweight champion…- iron mike

"'No' doesn't mean no, 'no' means work on the neck, the nipples, try back in five minutes" - a wise man

Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000) Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000) Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000) Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000) Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000) Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000) Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000) Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000) Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000) Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000) Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by IronTormentor View Post
    Pic is flexed and taken at the end of the day last weekend, like 2 a.m.

Any guesses as to what my BF% is here? 154 lbs.

13% maybe? do a back shot as well and it's easier to estimate.

makavelicss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) makavelicss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) makavelicss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) makavelicss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) makavelicss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) makavelicss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) makavelicss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) makavelicss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) makavelicss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) makavelicss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) makavelicss is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Binged so bad this week and Ive not even been training.

Think when Im back at it Ill bulk for 2 weeks to get jackt fibraz back then cut for 6 weeks or so shed another 10lb or so then clean bulk through xmas.

IronTormentor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IronTormentor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IronTormentor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IronTormentor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IronTormentor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IronTormentor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IronTormentor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IronTormentor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IronTormentor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IronTormentor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IronTormentor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    This was taken a week ago before lunch time. Just felt kinda lean and decided to snap a photo.

Flexed

homicidal_misc is a name known to all. (+5000) homicidal_misc is a name known to all. (+5000) homicidal_misc is a name known to all. (+5000) homicidal_misc is a name known to all. (+5000) homicidal_misc is a name known to all. (+5000) homicidal_misc is a name known to all. (+5000) homicidal_misc is a name known to all. (+5000) homicidal_misc is a name known to all. (+5000) homicidal_misc is a name known to all. (+5000) homicidal_misc is a name known to all. (+5000) homicidal_misc is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Does a certain type of diet (i.e. keto or low-carb) matter on a cut or is all that matters calories? What I mean is, is a low-carb diet or keto diet significantly better than simply eating healthy (including a decent amount of carbs) and/or below maintenance?

xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by homicidal_misc View Post
    Does a certain type of diet (i.e. keto or low-carb) matter on a cut or is all that matters calories? What I mean is, is a low-carb diet or keto diet significantly better than simply eating healthy (including a decent amount of carbs) and/or below maintenance?
    Originally Posted by wave_length View Post
    Wavelength Guide to Bodybuilding v3.0

The goal of bodybuilding is to improve body composition by losing fat and/or gaining muscle mass. If total body weight goes down in the process, the method is generally referred to as "cutting", if total body weight goes up, it's called "bulking", if body weight stays about the same, it's called "recomping".

1 Cutting

1.1 Essential Rules

- Workout with weights about 3 times a week.
    - Eat at least 1g protein / lb of lean body mass a day.
    - Eat some fruit, veggies/salad, and some essential fatty acids (EFAs) every day.
    - Above that eat whatever you want, preferably a wide variety of foods.
    - Adjust your food intake so that the desired rate of weight loss is maintained.

The recommended rate of weight loss depends on your current body fat level. Generally, the higher your bodyfat, the higher the rate of weight loss can potentially be. The best indication for the rate being too high is if you rapidly lose strength in the gym. In this case, increase your intake and go for a smaller rate of weight loss. In general, a rate of about 1-2lbs per week is recommended.

Any cutting method that follows the above rules is close to optimal, any further details will not have significant effect on body composition. If you already have a meal plan, just check if these rules are followed and adjust if not.

1.2 Measuring Progress and Adjusting Food Intake

- Weigh yourself once a week, always at the same time (e.g. right after waking up).
    - Don't panic if your weight stays the same or even goes up for one or two weeks.
    - If your weight does not go down for more than three weeks, slightly reduce calories.
    - If your rate of weight loss is above the desired value, slightly increase calories.
    - The change in daily calories from those adjustments should not exceed 500 cals.
    - After adjustment, stay on the new value for at least three weeks before adjusting again.

If you have never done a cutting diet, it's always better to start with more calories and reduce slowly until the desired rate of weight loss is maintained. If you stay patient, you will not have to adjust very often. With more experience, you will not have to count calories anymore, but as a beginner it is probably a good idea.

1.3 Unessential Factors

Since many questions revolve around further details of cutting diets, here is a list of factors that I believe to be of insignificant effect for body composition:

- Cardio and fat burners,
    - Meal timing and meal frequency,
    - Protein / Carb / Fat distribution throughout the day,
    - carb / fat ratio,
    - Sodium intake,
    - Moderate alcohol intake,
    - Use of supplements resp. meal replacements,
    - "Clean" food vs. Junk food (sugar and saturated fat).

All these factors should be used as tools to make the diet as convenient as possible. Many people e.g. have an easier time dieting with eating more calories and doing cardio or taking fat burners. Some people like myself have an easier time without cardio and fat burners. In my experience, the end result (body composition improvement) is not significantly influenced. Another example is protein supplements. I e.g. use whey powder to meet my daily protein intake out of convenience. I could just as well get all my protein from other sources. A third example is meal frequency and timing. This tool should be used to reduce hunger as much as possible throughout the day. For some people that means eating 6 times a day, for others it means eating only once or twice a day.
    Moar: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post401681611

about 3 weeks left until i go on a very long and much needed clean bulk, not going to set a weight goal just gonna try and keep 12% BF or so for the entire bulk and do it right...got off track for a few weeks but right now im sitting at 163 lbs in this pic, flexed:

~Sh!tty Chest Crew~ CEO & Founder
    Traditional Wetshaving Crew
    Misc Snapchatters Crew

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146163903

"The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found.
    There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength.
    Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential,
    It's impossible to turn back."
    -Henry Rollins

ElGuerro636 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElGuerro636 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElGuerro636 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElGuerro636 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElGuerro636 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElGuerro636 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElGuerro636 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElGuerro636 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElGuerro636 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElGuerro636 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElGuerro636 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    consuming 2,289 calories as we speak. I need a strong cut..

CrayzBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrayzBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrayzBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrayzBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrayzBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrayzBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrayzBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrayzBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrayzBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrayzBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrayzBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    soooo, figured i may as well show my progress and hopefully keep a few people motivated!

not quite finished yet, im thinking another 4-5 weeks?

boring bits:
    Height 5'10
    starting weight- 174lbs
    weight now - 147lbs
    timeline - 18 weeks total loss so far 27lbs

before pics were taken on 14th of april this year after a very very long dirty bulk (used to weigh 125lbs 2 years ago, no pics sorry brahs)

anyway

both are 100% relaxed

both obv 100% tensed

quick one for some body fat% guesses? im thinking low teens

B/C I couldn't go for 3 Backus24's Avatar
    Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Backus24 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    holy sh it brah, nicely done.

I was about as fat as you when I started my cut in Feb, recent profile pic is what I look like now.

This is why I laugh when everyone says to bulk bulk bulk when people look like you're before pic. Yeah you need a slow bulk now, but you at least can look good shirtless the whole time.

Annnnd I'm not a pro with bf, but around 11ish? You look like your bf is low enough, but your abs aren't big/developed enough. Do some weighted ab work and I think you would be able to start to see them even at the same bf.

CrayzBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrayzBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrayzBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrayzBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrayzBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrayzBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrayzBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrayzBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrayzBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrayzBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrayzBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Backus24 View Post
    holy sh it brah, nicely done.

I was about as fat as you when I started my cut in Feb, recent profile pic is what I look like now.

This is why I laugh when everyone says to bulk bulk bulk when people look like you're before pic. Yeah you need a slow bulk now, but you at least can look good shirtless the whole time.

Annnnd I'm not a pro with bf, but around 11ish? You look like your bf is low enough, but your abs aren't big/developed enough. Do some weighted ab work and I think you would be able to start to see them even at the same bf.
    lookin good brah (no homo), thanks for the advice, I have real bad fat storing genetics it pretty much all goes on my stomach area feelsbadman.

Thats my plan though, guna slow bulk up around the end of september/early october making sure my diet is in check unlike before

Registered User raidersreceiver's Avatar
    raidersreceiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) raidersreceiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) raidersreceiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) raidersreceiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) raidersreceiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) raidersreceiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) raidersreceiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) raidersreceiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) raidersreceiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) raidersreceiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) raidersreceiver will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Can you do 40% carbs, 40% protein, 20% fat on this?

or is there a more efficient breakdown

i'm supposed to take in 137g of protein for lean mass but when i do the 40/40/20 split it goes up to 190g, is that ok?

Crazy_Desi is just really nice. (+1000) Crazy_Desi is just really nice. (+1000) Crazy_Desi is just really nice. (+1000) Crazy_Desi is just really nice. (+1000) Crazy_Desi is just really nice. (+1000) Crazy_Desi is just really nice. (+1000) Crazy_Desi is just really nice. (+1000) Crazy_Desi is just really nice. (+1000) Crazy_Desi is just really nice. (+1000) Crazy_Desi is just really nice. (+1000) Crazy_Desi is just really nice. (+1000)
    lost 16lbs in 8 weeks, some muscle but I'm still staying strong.

however I tweaked my back deadlifting today.. I'm gonna keep dieting and get back in the gym after a week and do some light work just to keep the muscles from withering away

ElGuerro636 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElGuerro636 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElGuerro636 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElGuerro636 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElGuerro636 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElGuerro636 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElGuerro636 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElGuerro636 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElGuerro636 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElGuerro636 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ElGuerro636 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I lost strength already
    one week in and I am not going to weight myself until the 28th of this month

wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wave_length has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Insight View Post
    Dear Mr. wave_length, do you realize how many people you are responsible for helping to get laid?
    Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ...

... can we get a head count?
    How to lose fat for Noobs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

niospecv has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) niospecv has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) niospecv has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) niospecv has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) niospecv has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) niospecv has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) niospecv has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) niospecv has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) niospecv has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) niospecv has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) niospecv has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Anybody here still cutting? Here is my latest update.

**Dallas Cowboys Fan Crew**

bigboybigtits is a complete loser! (-2000) bigboybigtits is a complete loser! (-2000) bigboybigtits is a complete loser! (-2000) bigboybigtits is a complete loser! (-2000) bigboybigtits is a complete loser! (-2000) bigboybigtits is a complete loser! (-2000) bigboybigtits is a complete loser! (-2000) bigboybigtits is a complete loser! (-2000) bigboybigtits is a complete loser! (-2000) bigboybigtits is a complete loser! (-2000) bigboybigtits is a complete loser! (-2000)
    derk a ****ing der

niospecv has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) niospecv has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) niospecv has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) niospecv has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) niospecv has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) niospecv has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) niospecv has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) niospecv has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) niospecv has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) niospecv has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) niospecv has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by bigboybigtits View Post
    derk a ****ing der
    What you say fatty?

Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Scruffy77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    im 6'3. Begining of summer i was at 220, sitting at 190 right now.... still got some annoying fat on lower stomach, realistically hope in 2 monthes it will be perfect

hitting 2k calories a day, getting chinese food every tuesday and still cutting the pounds
    my protein intake is a little low but my strength gains are the same

jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by niospecv View Post
    Anybody here still cutting? Here is my latest update.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/niospecv/Bodybuilding/cim.jpg[IMG]
    Despite drinking a little this summer, I'm staying pretty lean...

**Sandwiches are made in the KITCHEN......ABS are built in the GYM!**
    -- 2020 A e s t h e t i c s C r e w -- E x t r e m e D i p s C r e w -- M i s c C a r C r e w ---
    **2004 Acura NSX**2017 Honda Civic Type R, BADGE #357**
    **2018 BMW X5M**2020 Toyota TRD PRO**

Originally Posted by jlsnydertyper View Post
    despite drinking a little this summer, i'm staying pretty lean...

gjdm

Forever Cuttin' =/ MikeHoncho636's Avatar
    MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Two weeks ago I was 210lbs and I jump on the scale today and it read 201lbs. Is that too much of a lost in two weeks?

Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000) Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000) Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000) Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000) Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000) Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000) Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000) Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000) Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000) Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000) Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jlsnyderTypeR View Post
    Despite drinking a little this summer, I'm staying pretty lean...

really great shape for your age man.
    also you have some strange resemblance to my friends' father.

pic:

Slayer12 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Slayer12 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Slayer12 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Slayer12 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Slayer12 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Slayer12 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Slayer12 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Slayer12 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Slayer12 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Slayer12 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Slayer12 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    sup manlets on the friday night?
    ****BMBC****

rape back 1K

49ers-White Sox-Penguins-Razorbacks

Goals for 2011:
    *Bench- 300lbs
    *Deadlift- 500lbs
    *16 in. both Arms
    *Weigh 185 lbs with 10%

Forever Cuttin' =/ MikeHoncho636's Avatar
    MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000)
    what are you guys eating for breakfast? Im getting tired of boiled eggs.

SLiX is not very helpful. (-500) SLiX is not very helpful. (-500) SLiX is not very helpful. (-500) SLiX is not very helpful. (-500) SLiX is not very helpful. (-500) SLiX is not very helpful. (-500) SLiX is not very helpful. (-500) SLiX is not very helpful. (-500) SLiX is not very helpful. (-500) SLiX is not very helpful. (-500) SLiX is not very helpful. (-500)
    I'm consuming 2400 - 2500 calories a day at 200 lbs... no cardio, just that and working out everyday for 1 hour (weights) should i reduce my calories or leave them there
    Boom!

tcpombomb is a name known to all. (+5000) tcpombomb is a name known to all. (+5000) tcpombomb is a name known to all. (+5000) tcpombomb is a name known to all. (+5000) tcpombomb is a name known to all. (+5000) tcpombomb is a name known to all. (+5000) tcpombomb is a name known to all. (+5000) tcpombomb is a name known to all. (+5000) tcpombomb is a name known to all. (+5000) tcpombomb is a name known to all. (+5000) tcpombomb is a name known to all. (+5000)
    sup brahs. I started cutting soon after this thread was made and now I finally met my goal of 8% bf. and down 20lbs overall. If I can do it, anyone can.
    ~ Outdoor Recreation Crew ~

Hey guys checking in, but I have both good and bad feelings. Feels confusing brahs.

Lemme explain...

I'm currently at 150 lbs, feel pretty strong still, when I'm flexed/pumped I can see the outline of my abs (feels good), but went in to the gym today and they did the pinch fold tests and my BF is at 15%. They calculated my lean mass and it's at 129 lbs. (feels bad).

I used to weight 175 and my lean mass was 150 lbs at that time. Did I really just lose a sh!tload of LBM?? I'm still strong but WTF, and my abs are showing more than they ever have? (feel confused brahs)

Trainer recommended I put on Lean Mass (which I was about to do anyway), but I have a fear that when I gain weight again I'll be gaining both LBM and fat again. Feels like I can't win uuuggggh.

in haiti, cut is paused Insight's Avatar
    Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yo yo yo!

So the update on me... I'm putting bodybuilding on hold and dipping out of this thread for a little bit. My last post I was taking a small break to go to Haiti, and I did. And here's what happened: (Long ass story, cliffs at end)

I went to Haiti and stayed in Port Au Prince at Bernard Mevs hospital. I went to do some medical volunteer work. What I ended up seeing pretty much changed my life forever... I don't know what I was expecting, maybe bulldozers or construction equipment or something. Or generally that things were starting to be rebuilt. But I didn't see any of that. They do have the tent cities set up, and they had some intense relief aid at the very beginning to get all of the people out of the rubble, but that's all. The rest of the city is still flattened and the part of it I saw looks like it hasn't changed since the earthquate happened.

At one point one of the translators told us that his mother had some kind of foot ailment, so me and two med students went to diagnose her. They lived in one of the PAP neighborhoods. As soon as we got there, the area was filled with the smell of sickly sweet urine. Why it had this "sweet" odor, I don't know - perhaps a higher concentration of glucose, due to some pathology in the region? who knows. But it smelled disgusting. We soon realized that the smell was coming from a "river" a block away. Turns out the river was actually a sewage pipe that had burst, and has simply stayed burst. So sewage is just continuously flowing into the region, although it seems to have reached some kind of equilibrium.

We kept following him into the block and through the small streets into the village. We passed through what looked like a parking lot with some dirt in it. He said "this used to be a church." It had apparently broken so cleanly that no hint of what it used to be remained. We kept going, passing some people showering with a bucket of water in the street, and passing people taking sh*ts in the middle of the street, and so on. Finally we get to two buildings with a crawlspace (or maybe a tiny alley) in the middle, and he says "in there."

So I turn and start going into this crawlspace, feeling more claustrophobic than I have ever felt in my life, and finally it breaks away to a room to the left where people have smashed through the wall to enter. People are living in this room. It was literally a hole in the wall. We pass through a few more of these - there are families in here and children, all looking at us like we're some kind of rich white American doctor angels and giving us more respect than we deserve. Finally we get to the back of this little crawlspace/alley/whatever it is, where the wall has been again smashed and his mom is living in it.

There is, of course, no electricity (although there clearly was at one point, since the room has a TV and lighting in it and so on). We have to diagnose her foot condition, however, so my friend used his pen light (the same thing that doctors use to dilate your pupils) and a candle. Turned out she just had a foot fungus (and had already been given the proper cream for it), and it was nothing more serious. She also had a mass in her leg, which she was worried was a tumor. Turned out to be a muscle cramp from dehydration, so luckily she was okay.

After soaking it in - I have never seen so much poverty in my life. Turns out there's an emerging scandal showing that a lot of the money hasn't been sent (sorry to everyone who sent money to the Red Cross). But regardless, this has been very life changing. After spending the last year getting so far into nutrition and biochem, all of this really makes me want to pursue a career in medicine... there were trauma surgeons down there just bam bam bam saving lives, and I felt useless (although I got to take vitals at one point).

The other thing is that my role in this is that of a computer engineer - I went to help set up a telemedicine system that works through the phone lines, and when I got there, it turns out I'm probably one of the first programmers to go through there at all. The hospital (and country) needs so many things - electronic medical records, a warehouse inventory system, a way for the hospitals to communicate with each other on availability and supply overstocking - and none of it is getting done because nobody with the relevant skills are working on it. So they want me to go back there, possibly for the rest of the year - I'm not sure I'm ready for that kind of commitment at the drop of a hat but I'm definitely going back at the end of the month. So strict training is on hold for a bit as I get engaged in this, but hopefully I can really help people out in a direct way down there.

So cliffs:
    - Went to Haiti in July, just got back from the whole trip now
    - Sh*t got real in January with the earthquake
    - Sh*t has continued to stay real and I have never seen anything so f*cked up in my life
    - People living in the crawlspaces between buildings
    - Sewage lines are just seeping into the ground
    - No electricity or water
    - Scandal emerging where hundreds of millions of dollars from cell phone red cross donations weren't actually routed to Haiti
    - Turns out I'm one of the first programmers to go to the NGO I stayed at and might potentially really be able to help set up the needed health technology infrastructure, which is just not getting done
    - Cutting is on hold for now while I go down there and do this because I'm young and have no job anyway and maybe I could help out or save some lives

Btw, how is everyone else doing? I see there are a lot of lean ass motherf*ckers in this thread... good job dave mens

And if anyone knows any good bodyweight routines, let me know. Obviously it's not going to be as effective for mass as deads and squats, but I need some way to exercise or I'll go nuts... thinking weighted backpack pushups, and weighted backpack pullups, and handstand pushups for shoulders and stuff... might buy a resistance band too since it's light and supposedly versatile. Any insights?