Marcus762 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marcus762 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marcus762 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marcus762 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question What to do AFTER a cut?

Say you were cutting at, 2000 calories or something (random # doesn't matter) and your maintenance was like around say, uhh 3-4000, how would you go about repairing that damaged metabolism and go back to your maintenance?

Also, I was wondering, about the logics of cutting cycles. For example, if say I started out at 2700 calories per day, and gradually reduce say 2-300 to 500 per week, wouldn't I eventually plateau and stop losing weight altogether?

How do you keep the "cut" going?

Because like I said earlier, I'm starting at a maintenance of about 2700, so if I reduce 2-300 per week, I'd be getting down to 12-1500 per day (and that's supposedly way too little to be healthy), so how do you keep YOUR cut going and keep the fat loss coming?

Thanks, Marcus

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you have a slow metabolism because of a starvation response you repair the damage by eating more calories. The number of calories you'd have to consume I couldn't tell you, that will require your trial and error to figure out.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

GShonen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GShonen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My plan after a cut is to go on maintainance for a while (like 2 months) and then bulk ... then maybe cut again.

TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50) TonyHoliday will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    my plan after the cut is eat clean foods and go on a hypertrophy program rather than strength which im on right now...

coupled with more cardio I don't think ill put any fat on
    I reptar back

maaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I guess that's at how much weight you lost. If you lost, as i am doing actually, a lot of weight, maybe going on a maintenence for a year or so is good. But in this meaning time you can too try a bulk, or whatever you want to do.

Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Marcus762 View Post
    Say you were cutting at, 2000 calories or something (random # doesn't matter) and your maintenance was like around say, uhh 3-4000, how would you go about repairing that damaged metabolism and go back to your maintenance?

Also, I was wondering, about the logics of cutting cycles. For example, if say I started out at 2700 calories per day, and gradually reduce say 2-300 to 500 per week, wouldn't I eventually plateau and stop losing weight altogether?

Because like I said earlier, I'm starting at a maintenance of about 2700, so if I reduce 2-300 per week, I'd be getting down to 12-1500 per day (and that's supposedly way too little to be healthy), so how do you keep YOUR cut going and keep the fat loss coming?

Thanks, Marcus

To repair metabolism, just add back cals, however man you see you gained too much in the end of 7-10 days of eating like that, you reduce the amount of calories you raised until you see your weight stall, this is maintenance. I do suggest adding cals back around the 100-400 range, any more you might increase the chance of fat gain.

To cut, same thing, if after a week you stop losing weight, you either eat less or move more.
    We all come from humble beginnings.

Studies everywhere tell you everything, listen to your body instead and you'll succeed.

" So you're thinking that you're all that, and then some...man I got news for you..."

SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bulk?

barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10) barook is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Marcus762 View Post

Thanks, Marcus
    as others have said, repairing metabolism is simply increasing cals, how much exactly i can't say, but i'd assume at least to maintenance.

for your cutting cycles, i'd only reduce calories further if your not losing anymore. If you do stop losing, increase deficit and or introduce some physical training.
    6 week PSMF cut log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124060021

vgbblife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vgbblife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vgbblife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vgbblife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vgbblife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vgbblife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vgbblife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vgbblife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vgbblife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vgbblife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vgbblife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you need to eat at maintenance calories, to repair a slow metabolism. Going over will have little benefit.

What I would do after a very hardcore diet, 1st week I eat maintenance - 20%(so no fat is gained on your first week). 2nd week I eat at what would be maintenance. 3rd week the same.

After that, hormones and metabolism should be repaired.

Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just increase your cals with 200 a week until you're on maintanance. Keep it there for 2 weeks then slowly increase cals for a clean bulk (if you want to)

Biggest problem is with folks who end their cut and go crazy on all ****ty foods because they're "bulking", so they get fat. Slowly change the diet, you can see how your body responds > adept accordingly.
    Iron, sometimes it sets my teeth on edge, other times it helps me control the chaos.

++ Positivity Crew ++

kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm planning to cut until april by then I should be where I want to be ill take all of april and may to return to maintenence stay there while working out just as hard for the summer come sept-oct start a clean bulk till jan then cut again
    You start with an intention, but you must constantly remind yourself to keep applying enough focus to achieve that outcome. Follow through. When you've given enough attention to the matter, you"ll have the result...

Feb1 to may1 challenge
    2-1, 166.6
    2-8
    2-15
    2-22
    2-29
    Month Total:

3-1
    3-8
    3-15
    3-22
    3-29
    Month Total:

4-5
    4-12
    4-19
    4-26
    Month Total:

Final Weigh in:
    5-3

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    As quite a few have mentioned just start slowly adjusting intake by increasing calories a couple to a few hundred here and there. Just be sure you're not gaining too much fat and all will be well.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.